Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Kody's Shocking Move

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Yes, you are right. I forgot it was Mariah. After reading about her escapdes with her the emotional support dog on the flight this winter, I detest her.

What the fuck does she need an emotional support dog for?  The abuse of support animals in this country is out of control.

• Love 23

Koodie  and his “Leadershit” program.  He has no valid reason to up and move (unless they really are defaulting on the house loans).  I think most of his drama is for the cameras.  Sure wish the ladies would put their foot down and tell him the way it’s gonna be!!  🤪

• Love 8

Only half and hate watch this trainwreck, so it took me awhile. Robun and Kodester pulled the bait and switch on everybody. "We need to sell the houses and move. Don't know where, prob Utah." Get everybody used to the idea. "Oh, wait, we are too persecuted there, lets go to more pricey Flagstaff." These people are huge idiots. I'm ready for the gravy train to leave.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, zenme said:

When you’re a parent, you have to think about your kids, which I feel Kody never does. He does what he wants and says he feels God is calling him to do it. Maybe God is calling for him to put others before himself, and he’s failing the test every time.

Yes times 1000. People have to move,  people choose to move. Neither is wrong unless its a plot device for another season on a crappy reality show. And I don't think he can throw God into it. Christine, who is the most devout person of anyone in this extended family prayed and prayed and prayed to stay. 

• Love 22
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

What the fuck does she need an emotional support dog for?  The abuse of support animals in this country is out of control.

Don't want to veer too far off topic, but I work the entry gate at high school sporting events a lot and prob 2 times a month someone walks in with a dog that they say is an emotional support dog and they have some kind of internet-based paperwork to prove it. I always want to say if you can't come to a sporting event without your dog because of your anxiety, maybe you should stay home. Of course you know what happened, one time one of these dogs nipped at a child at the sporting event and it was a big mess. That being said, I do support therapy dogs and emotional support dogs for those who need it . Pets can be amazing. Mariah and her fiancee were wrong to pull the nonsense. Back on topic, I really miss seeing Logan and Hunter. Interesting how the boys seem to be making more positive career and partner choices than the girls. 

• Love 21
41 minutes ago, zenme said:

Army wife here, Kody is not in the military where Uncle Sam makes  choices for you, and families have to go along if they want to stay together. Kody has no real reason to pick up and leave like that.

Speculation here is that he does have a real reason to move (mortgage payments).  Kids move with their parents all the time; usually they don't get a vote.  When we lived in Spain, our daughter went to school with State Dept kids who generally moved every three years to different countries and one of her friends had a dad who designed and built amusement parks.  I think they left for China.  Going from LV to Flagstaff hardly seems traumatic compared to those moves.

Kody caring for his kids?  I would say that having 4 wives and a gazillion kids sorta speaks for itself..

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, albarino said:

Speculation here is that he does have a real reason to move (mortgage payments).  Kids move with their parents all the time; usually they don't get a vote.  When we lived in Spain, our daughter went to school with State Dept kids who generally moved every three years to different countries and one of her friends had a dad who designed and built amusement parks.  I think they left for China.  Going from LV to Flagstaff hardly seems traumatic compared to those moves.

Kody caring for his kids?  I would say that having 4 wives and a gazillion kids sorta speaks for itself..

Then Kody needs to say that. He needs to say that for financial reasons, we need to move. I thought our financial situation would have been different 7 yrs after we purchased these houses, but it’s not, and in order for our family to stay afloat, this is what we need to do. He doesn’t say that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

Okay.....I wonder if Kody realizes that most of the time when you are a great leader, you don't have to keep telling people that you are a great leader.  Leadership is earned and made evident, because people want to follow. Not because they are brow beaten into it.  

I'm a long time supporter of Kody, but, something seems to have come unhinged with him this season.  He's more manic than I've ever seen him.  He's more manic than he was when he was hightailing it out of Utah seven years ago!  I wonder what's really going on. Is he suffering with a disorder?  Seriously.  He may have been a pain in the asp for years and even a jerk, but, he appears way to hypersensitive and not quite right. 

I wonder if he let it out last night when he expressed doubt and frustration with plural marriage. I was shocked, really.  He came out and says that it's frustrating.  Well, at least he's being honest. And then what about what Janelle said???? OMG...that for the first 5, 15, or 20 years you will be miserable in plural marriage!  More honestly, so, I have no issue with that.  

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, zenme said:

Then Kody needs to say that. He needs to say that for financial reasons, we need to move. I thought our financial situation would have been different 7 yrs after we purchased these houses, but it’s not, and in order for our family to stay afloat, this is what we need to do. He doesn’t say that. 

I'll bet he said that off-camera, and that's why the wives stopped arguing about moving.  

• Love 12
12 hours ago, SnarkySnarky said:

Kudos to Janelle for continuing to be a voice of reason.

As much as I want to agree with you SnarkySnarky...Janelle is just like certain politicians who say one thing... but when it comes time to vote... they vote with their party.  In this case, the Koduche party (instead of an elephant or a donkey, maybe a crazed monkey can be their symbol?  I don't know help me out here).

BTW someone asked (sorry can't remember who) if all the wives were brought up polygamous, NO.  Janelle was not brought up this way.  Which I have said repeatedly - makes her the craziest, looniest wife of them all.  And there is stiff competition for this crown so that is saying something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Which reiterates my point exactly. I want to know whyyyyy Aspyn moved in with Robyn. You are right, we were never given the details. Yet Christine was ok with it. Robyn=Favorite. 

Maybe, she was a plant....lol.  Just saying...it might be possible, but, I don't know if Christine would think of something like that.  You know....to see what's going on inside that house. 

But, imo, I don't see that Robyn has it that good with Kody.  She seems frustrated with him and he doesn't seem that into her either, the way it used to be.  Kody just seems fed up with them all.  I mean....I don't think he feels he's getting the respect he should be getting. lol  It's almost like he throws a fit and the ladies roll eyes and say, whatever....he doesn't like that. lol 

• Love 8

I recorded the episode, so I couldn't help but pause at the right moments and actually read what Kody had on his presentation boards. The most interesting part I saw was in regards to selling the homes.

On his presentation, it stated that the average home in Vegas is selling at $169 feet. With this figure we expect each home to sell in the high 600's. Selling all four homes, would give us a profit in the low seven figures. The decision we make now can make our financial future a reality.

On the other board it stated : What assets do we have to offer: and then it listed things such as : financial support to our children as not to burden them with student loans, ease of mind and not worrying about current debts, and our planned future

Another Board: The decision that is best for our family.  It lists, buyers have more purchasing power with current low interest rates. We capture the largest amount of potential buyers. We sell not in a buyers market but in a seller's market. We walk away with the means to start the next chapter of our lives, provide for our children's education, and secure our future.

Board: Population affordability: Small amount of Las Vegas households report 100,000 and over income. The median income in Las Vegas is 50,000. Majority of the population does not have the income to purchase our home.  Then a graph of the median income lowering every year in Las Vegas.

There you have it guys, it's what I could read. We have now all been schooled by Mr. Kody Brown on his presentation. 🙂 

• Useful 10
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Hard to take a guy seriously as a leader when he has a Shirley Temple perm.  What an ass.

Honestly I thought his hair looked great in his talking heads.  Whatever stylist used the diffuser on him needs to permanently attach it to his hand. The sad mess he usually wears on his head is REALLY bad.  And he probably washes it, then brushes it and air dries and it turns into that thin stringy mess.

9 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Janelle was so strong on not moving and hurting Gabe like she did Hunter and Logan.  What do you suppose made her agree to uproot Gabe and move to Flagstaff?  I wanted to cheer for Janelle as she seemed to be the only one getting what it would do to the kids to move them with 2 years left in high school.  Christine seemed at first to get it with her sadness over Gwen running for class historian but then she caved so quickly.....

Spoiler

I think Gabe ended up staying behind? 

Their fake reason for moving is really not believable.   No one says "oh we have to move because we can likely get a lot of money out of our houses right now! even though we have no other reason to move!"  Like they couldn't downsize in LV for a few years?

And Jenelle... if your marriage is not going to be great the first 20 years... then that's a marriage you really shouldn't be in!

• Love 12

What a sham. They should have been honest and admitted the reason they need to sell their houses- they can’t afford the balloon mortgages. The wives all know what the deal is. 

No doubt Robyn leads Kody around by the wiener. 

Sell the stupid homes and move into one house together until the high school kids graduate. 

• Love 11

Maybe the wives would have more respect for Kody if he would get a full time job and actually support his family. I have no idea what he does all day. He reminds me of an in law of mine who goes around saying he has all kinds of deals going on and lives off credit cards and borrowing money.

Marriages change over time but I don’t see much of a relationship between Kody and any of his wives anymore, including Robyn( and what is the lump on her neck?). I think Kody would love to get a newer and younger wife but knows he can’t support her. 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm a long time supporter of Kody, but, something seems to have come unhinged with him this season.  He's more manic than I've ever seen him.  He's more manic than he was when he was hightailing it out of Utah seven years ago!  I wonder what's really going on. Is he suffering with a disorder?  Seriously.  He may have been a pain in the asp for years and even a jerk, but, he appears way to hypersensitive and not quite right. 

My guess is that he freaked out about the possibility of the TLC gravy train leaving the station (getting stuck with four huge mortgages) and if rumors are true, having to beg the network for another season at a reduced rate. Which seems strange. Sister Wives still seems to be a big draw for the network. It's between them, Jazz, Dr. Pimple Popper and that ridiculous 90 Day Fiance as to who gets the most promos and attention. Seeking Sister Wife is certainly not going to take over Sunday nights. Those whack jobs give me the whillies.  

Either that, or Robyn has been withholding the kitty, until he gives her what SHE wants....to get out of Vegas.  And she's been up his ass constantly about it. Good god, she's a piece of work. As ridiculous as Meri can be, I'll never hate her as much as that selfish, manipulative, succubus Robyn. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

My guess is that he freaked out about the possibility of the TLC gravy train leaving the station (getting stuck with four huge mortgages) and if rumors are true, having to beg the network for another season at a reduced rate. Which seems strange. Sister Wives still seems to be a big draw for the network. It's between them, Jazz, Dr. Pimple Popper and that ridiculous 90 Day Fiance as to who gets the most promos and attention. Seeking Sister Wife is certainly not going to take over Sunday nights. Those whack jobs give me the whillies.  

Either that, or Robyn has been withholding the kitty, until he gives her what SHE wants....to get out of Vegas.  And she's been up his ass constantly about it. Good god, she's a piece of work. As ridiculous as Meri can be, I'll never hate her as much as that selfish, manipulative, succubus Robyn. 

Yeah, I am surprised TLC is getting rid of Sister Wives, too.  I can't get into a lot of their shows - I don't get the fascination of watching gobs of pus ooze out of pustules, 90 Day Fiance is like a mild Jerry Springer show (trashy and stupid) and Say Yes to the Dress is the biggest snore on TV.   I DO like Seeking Sister Wives - but it is definitely weird.

Succubus - lol!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Kody and his “if it doesn’t look good, it doesn’t look good” about the hats LMAO coming from the guy who cannot seem to figure out his hair is awful. Kody, if the hair doesn’t look good, it doesn’t look good and the perm hasn’t helped. He should be first in line to get a hat for the wedding to cover his mop. 

I liked the hats overall. The problem will be that the gals will have ungly-ass dresses they squished into and they won’t do the hats justice. Maybe the hats will distract from the dresses? Lol

Edited by fountain
  • LOL 6
4 minutes ago, fountain said:

Kody and his “if it doesn’t look good, it doesn’t look good” about the hats LMAO coming from the guy who cannot seem to figure out his hair is awful. Kody, if the hair doesn’t look good, it doesn’t look good and the perm hasn’t helped. He should be first in line to get a hat for the wedding to cover his mop. 

I liked the hats overall. The problem will be that the gals will have ungly-ass dresses they squished into and they won’t do the hats justice. Maybe the hats will distract from the dresses? Lol

I thought the hats were fun, too.

I wonder what's up with Kody's love affair with his hair. It's like he just can't grow up - he has to keep the hair style he had when he was 20.  He should just buzz his head, it would be an improvement.  He is so clueless as to how awful that man bun makes him look.

• Love 6

I used to think that Robyn had some kind of a special connection with Kody, but, I just don't get that vibe now.  Their child sleeps on top of Robyn, according to Robyn.  I don't see him being that into Robyn really.  I guess time will tell as to how things pan out.  Kody was a moving fiend, long before Robyn came into their lives.  And, if Kody is a malcontent, which I have surmised earlier, he's likely grown discontented with Robyn as well. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

Why would they want to go to Flagstaff, clear on the other side of the Grand Canyon? You'd have to drive through Vegas in order to get to the B&B. 

Actually, if you're going from Parowan to Flagstaff, the quickest way is to go past the north rim, around to the east of the Grand Canyon.  It's a beautiful drive, but it is about 5 hours.  Going from Parowan through Las Vegas to Flagstaff is more like 6.5 hours.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Based on what I am hearing, it seems as though Robyn is the one behind the move.  And given that she always gets what she wants, it is not a matter of if they will move but rather when. 

I am trying to understand her logic.  Dayton is going to college.  For some reason she needs to live in the same town or general area that he is in.     If she ends up with 2 in college in different states, will she have to commute between them?   One of the benefits of going away to college is to learn to live on your own AWAY from your family.   I never considered moving to Charlottesville or Durham or Williamsburg to be near our children, and I am sure they are glad we didn't.  Yeah, it is Robyn who talks about not liking Vegas, so if it is Robyn and Kody v the Rest of Them, we know who wins.

Oh, I forgot.  The Kody Brown family doesn't do logic.   Nevermind.

I actually enjoyed watching them try on hats, because I like hats.  They did look a little strange as their clothing didn't  go with the hats.

I think I like Mitch's mom.   Not totally sure where Christine was going in her discussion with her about the plural life.  Christine is the one that seems most vocal about it so I wonder if she will encourage Mitch and Aspyn to take on sister wives.   And why did Aspyn take two moms with her dress shopping?  I would think she would take all of them or only her own bio mother.  But she took Robin.

Janelle-- so with all this talk of their children all being "real" --or rather "rill" siblings -- we hear Janelle again referring to "my child" after earlier referring to "my grandchild."    Well, actually I think it was Christine talking about all the Brown children as "rill" siblings in her conversation with Hannah.   Speaking of the grandchild whose name is Axel;  is he named for Axl Rose? 

Kody--a leader?  he seems a bit of a bully, but it looks like he does manage to get his way so I guess in his mind it makes him a leader. And he thinks he can move to Utah and get elected to change the laws in Utah?

Now I must confess that I overdosed on poly families last night which caused me to dream that I was being drawn into a poly fam, but I had to leave it because I needed to care for my parents who were sick (Actually, they died years ago, but I had just seen a program about the death of the actress who played Blanche on the "Golden Girls" so my mom in my dream was actually Blanche) and because it was Sunday, and I had to go to Mass which they objected to.  But in my dream I was about ready to write a letter of regret to the poly fam.  The 'husband" looked like Kody in the face, but the one in my dream had great hair and was very well dressed and put together.  The only wives I recall looked like Meri and Christine, and they were sorta blurry. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, antfitz said:

I think all 4 of them were raised in polygamous families, weren't they?  And Meri  Is the lowest on the totem Pole.

is the lowest one on the totem Pole.

Janelle was LDS until she clapped eyes on her SIL Meri's husband.  Then Janelle got the calling, dumped Meri's brother, and approached Kody about becoming his second wife.  I'm assuming the dumping occurred before the approaching, but who knows.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, antfitz said:

I think Cody's moving because she senses the gravy train is ending. TLC was canceling the show, and he begged them to keep it going.  He took a huge drop in pay.  They now have a story line for this year and they will live in less expensive houses. They should have just moved to smaller houses in the Las Vegas area.  The kids are happy, their kids are settled, and he wants uproot them again

He needs that money after all we heard numerous times that Ariella Mae has to have a nice wedding too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, LucyEth said:

He needs that money after all we heard numerous times that Ariella Mae has to have a nice wedding too!

She's the only child we ever hear him really mention/talk about.  I am wondering if it is because she is the baby, and most likely the LAST baby he will ever have.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am trying to understand her logic.  Dayton is going to college.  For some reason she needs to live in the same town or general area that he is in.     If she ends up with 2 in college in different states, will she have to commute between them?   One of the benefits of going away to college is to learn to live on your own AWAY from your family.   I never considered moving to Charlottesville or Durham or Williamsburg to be near our children, and I am sure they are glad we didn't.  Yeah, it is Robyn who talks about not liking Vegas, so if it is Robyn and Kody v the Rest of Them, we know who wins.

I think Dayton might have special needs, probably why Robyn want to be near to keep an eye on him. 

22 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Janelle-- so with all this talk of their children all being "real" --or rather "rill" siblings -- we hear Janelle again referring to "my child" after earlier referring to "my grandchild."    Well, actually I think it was Christine talking about all the Brown children as "rill" siblings in her conversation with Hannah.   Speaking of the grandchild whose name is Axel;  is he named for Axl Rose? 

I noticed that too, she said "I have a new grandchild, not WE have a new grandchild"  Another telling comment by Janelle.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

She's the only child we ever hear him really mention/talk about.  I am wondering if it is because she is the baby, and most likely the LAST baby he will ever have.

I wonder if Kody knows she's the last and when he looks at her it reminds him of his his own mortality.  Sort of like, his last chance to get it right.....

• Love 1

One thing that really bothers me about the Brown’s and most other polygamists is that love doesn’t seem to be part of the equation. They may grow fond of each other over the years, but very few actually marry for love-more like for convenience and shared goals. A marriage lacking foundation lacks depth. 

• Love 7

I don't really think you can beg a network to do your show, even at a reduced rate, if they are considering getting rid of it.  At Bravo they cancel you without even telling you!

So I kinda really doubt that rumor....

17 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think Dayton might have special needs, probably why Robyn want to be near to keep an eye on him. 

I noticed that too, she said "I have a new grandchild, not WE have a new grandchild"  Another telling comment by Janelle.

I think he has a form of Autism? So he has a really hard time with change. That's why she wants to be near him for at least a year to get him settled into a new situation. I'm not a big fan of Robyn but that does make sense to me. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Punkadoo said:

Cody and Christine: doesn't have the slightest clue about his kids daily lives. Does X kid know how to make Truly's lunch? Good,I have to take care of Sol. It was 3 days of Christine trying to give him the 411 on HIS children.

Robin has her niece there full time taking care of her kids, why does Kody have to take care of Sol?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think he has a form of Autism? So he has a really hard time with change. That's why she wants to be near him for at least a year to get him settled into a new situation. I'm not a big fan of Robyn but that does make sense to me. 

Yes, I saw an interview with Robyn where she said Dayton has Aspergers

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I recorded the episode, so I couldn't help but pause at the right moments and actually read what Kody had on his presentation boards. The most interesting part I saw was in regards to selling the homes.

On his presentation, it stated that the average home in Vegas is selling at $169 feet. With this figure we expect each home to sell in the high 600's. Selling all four homes, would give us a profit in the low seven figures. The decision we make now can make our financial future a reality.

On the other board it stated : What assets do we have to offer: and then it listed things such as : financial support to our children as not to burden them with student loans, ease of mind and not worrying about current debts, and our planned future

Another Board: The decision that is best for our family.  It lists, buyers have more purchasing power with current low interest rates. We capture the largest amount of potential buyers. We sell not in a buyers market but in a seller's market. We walk away with the means to start the next chapter of our lives, provide for our children's education, and secure our future.

Board: Population affordability: Small amount of Las Vegas households report 100,000 and over income. The median income in Las Vegas is 50,000. Majority of the population does not have the income to purchase our home.  Then a graph of the median income lowering every year in Las Vegas.

There you have it guys, it's what I could read. We have now all been schooled by Mr. Kody Brown on his presentation. 🙂 

Awesome catch!  I was wondering what his presentation boards said.  Boy did he miscalculate on getting high $600K for their houses.  Listed at $599,000 now and still sitting.....He won't even clear enough now to pay for the land they purchased in Flagstaff, never mind the houses they need to build on the land.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

I personally think they had to use "creative financing" on those homes.  After 7 years,  there might be a balloon payment due.  This is why they MUST MOVE NOW.  

I think they have been doing it for years.

23 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I caught that too.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And then what about what Janelle said???? OMG...that for the first 5, 15, or 20 years you will be miserable in plural marriage!

That was a shocking thing to say/admit to, but do they believe in an afterlife?  Cuz then 20 years doesn’t seem as lengthy....!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

That was a shocking thing to say/admit to, but do they believe in an afterlife?  Cuz then 20 years doesn’t seem as lengthy....!

Oh yes....according to them, marriage is for eternity, not just til death.  So, in the afterlife, they will continue to operate as a family unit.  The way they are......I can't imagine it brings them much comfort. lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, albarino said:

I'm a military brat too and moved lots of times and LOVED IT.  My brother, not so much.  But my dad had to move.  Kody does not.  I don't understand why they can't just stay in the same school district even if they sell those houses.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

yeah!  That's a first!

2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

At least Meri looked fairly happy during the whole show..no crying that I saw?

Didn't Kody accidentally blurt out that he loved Meri when she was on his side and they all oohed and aahed over that?  To be honest, I did like to see that. 

• Love 5