Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: The Past and the Furious

• Start Topic

Just now, Elizzikra said:

I don't know - for some people that's not a big deal. It would drive me nuts but everyone has their own standards for what they can live with. I agree that there are some things that no one should have to tolerate but Stephanie may feel that moodiness and outbursts aren't as big a deal as say, someone who let's tension build and then carries a grudge. AJ does at least seem to have the ability to have things blow over and I don't see evidence that he holds a grudge.

I agree with this - his behavior comes across as very pissy from what they've shown, but he does seem generally happy and overall he seems mature in how he interacts with Steph. I think his behavior isn't that bad, but I am a yeller when angry, and I came from a loud family of yellers. My grandfather used to joke that Hungarians put up walls in their house so they could yell through them! I also married someone who also is loud and angry when frustrated or mad. It doesn't bother me because I am the same. The good thing is that I am not passive aggressive and I don't hold grudges because I get it out then get over it. My husband is the same. (We do discuss things calmly most of the time, but tempers flare sometimes!).

All of this is to say, if you are not used to that it probably comes across as worse. He doesn't seem horrible to me, especially since we have only seen snippets and don't completely know what transpired before he snapped.

Ok - ready to be flamed - covering my head now!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I agree "Dr." Jessica was soooo over the line with the "Keith has been shown love with food so you have to cook for him." Errmm...all fine and good when moms,  grannies and aunties want to spoil you with food and cleaning up- but they dont have to have sexual relations with you!! If I'm going to do the hibbitty dibbitty with you- guess what?- I can't see you as a helpless abandoned child.  I need to see a MAN who knows how to handle his sh**. But that's just me. My husband cooks for me and the kids and makes us what we like. Then he will usually clean it up if I don't get to it first. There are many ways to make simple meals which we both do. Rice, chicken and a bagged salad kit anyone??

Jasmine...Will isn't into you. He is a gentleman and deserves to feel like an equal at least. Shut the heck up. Leave this man alone. She will look back in regret I think , when Will leaves her. Agreed he would have been happier with Kristine. 

AJ & Stephanie - I'm rooting for them as they seem to have fun together. I hope AJ keeps his temper in check. He had a motorcycle accident and I'm not really shocked about it. I think the personality quirks may come from a head trauma - who knows? 

Puke and Kate...ugh. So much wrong here but I agree the mother is onto him. I was uncomfortable with the hand holding as well and the pointed question "what's the least you expect to get out of this?" She is probably like Puke in that she is faux compassionate and filled with mixed signals. Receiving the information about how Kate feels positive about the family and they're what she wanted in a marriage then kind of dropping the bomb that the show is a "mockery of marriage" told it all. The story about Puke selling sand on a beach was telling too. He wants easy quick $$. Mom is hip to it. Kate is just now learning.  Oh and the way Puke asked how do you say it? 'Pecan' or 'Pecàn'?" Kate wasn't even trying to answer that bc she knows it's over and it's one of his camera ready bullshit "getting to know you" pretend talks. Girl is beaten  down and checked out .

• Love 5
22 hours ago, PityFree said:

So Keith snores, farts constantly, doesn’t cook or clean, etc. I’m really not sure what he brought to the marriage.

Me neither.

10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

SexyAF is AJ's lid to his pot(belly)....she has been through enough bad relationships to look past AJ's flamboyant histrionics and overwrought protestations to see a decent guy who wants to be unconditionally accepted and loved.

She is willing to grit her teeth and put up with his tantrums when he over reacts to any minor disturbance in his Force. (StarWars shoutout)

She now carries fun sized Snickers in her purse to stave future hangry meltdowns...

Getting to know AJ's quirks, his triggers, his body language is easy for a motivated, smart cookie like SexyAF...she sees him as her forever husband.

Mazol tov to the best couple of this dismal season....

I love the above post and disagree with it at the same time. The Snickers had me cracking up because I've said out loud that AJ needs a Snickers when he throws a tantrum.  What bothers me is the gritting teeth and that she's been through so many bad relationships that she is willing to "grit her teeth" to not lose this one. I just can't get with that line of thinking.

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sounds to me like she is settling. She could do so much better than AJ. I just don't understand why she is single at 38 because she does seem like a great catch. 

Totally agree. Not sure about the catch though. There's a hardness or lack of real warmth to her that I don't get. 

8 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I found Luke's mom to be super creepy. Especially the weird way she took Kate's hand while talking to her. His mom knows what type of person her son is but doesn't care. She probably blamed all his ex-girlfriends when those relationships inevitably failed because her son is such a douche.

I mentioned way back in the first episodes how creepy his mother seemed. Nothing's change I see.

8 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I noticed that AJ and Stephanie had an InstantPot; I heard a lot of buzz about it.

I use mine nearly every day!

6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

But isn’t it a little too soon to say Keith will always be like this?  Can’t he learn to be more considerate and helpful by his mistakes?  They have only been married three weeks.

I think once a person is coddled and babied and gets to be nearly 30 years old with the mindset that he doesn't have to do anything but sit back and be served by all because he deserves that, it's very hard to break that. If you've never been taught to be independent, it doesn't magically appear one day. He was all about pleasing Kristine in the beginning and willing to do dishes and in no time at all he's complaining about it. 

5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I never can understand this "....can do so much better."  Where are these magical "betters?"  Everybody is imperfect, everybody has issues.  Keith might not be perfect, but maybe Kristine's ex was a cheater.  A lot of men with money don't feel the need to marry because they can have any woman they want.  A lot of men with money don't feel the need to be faithful because they can have any woman they want.  

Imperfect, for sure. But you can see it in Stephanie's face when AJ goes off that she does not like it. She looks hurt at times and he doesn't notice or care. He just gives her instructions on how to deal with it. That's more problematic to me than leaving stuff out on the vanity or leaving your shoes in the middle of the floor or whatever. Some people are unmoved by pissy behavior like AJ and it does not affect them. It appears to me that Stephanie is affected by it and feels she must go along with him because he is not open to change.  

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I do get what you are saying. Of course nobody is perfect. My issue with AJ is that I get a bit of a verbal abusive tone with him. He snaps, he's nasty, then he apologizes. It's a pattern. I just don't go for nasty. Stephanie works hard to not rock the boat. That could be exhausting after a while. 

Edited to add: I would much rather deal with someone who didn't pick up his socks or put the toilet seat down than walk on eggshells in my own home in order to keep the peace. It all depends on what your personal threshold for tolerance is. 

See! This is exactly what I was thinking too. Come sit with me @bichonblitz!

3 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

How is Kristine like that at all? She has a career and even said that she didn't want to change her last name after getting married because of her career. I honestly think Kristine wants a true partner, someone who will pamper her but also someone who she can pamper as well. 

I did not like Kristine with the queen stuff from the jump but I never got a vibe that she wanted anyone to care for her but was looking for a partner to share life with. I will definitely give her that.

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't know - for some people that's not a big deal. It would drive me nuts but everyone has their own standards for what they can live with. I agree that there are some things that no one should have to tolerate but Stephanie may feel that moodiness and outbursts aren't as big a deal as say, someone who let's tension build and then carries a grudge. AJ does at least seem to have the ability to have things blow over and I don't see evidence that he holds a grudge.

I don't see Keith as lazy. He works four nights a week and he goes to school. I worked full time and went to school part-time for four years. You can't do it if you're lazy. 

Again, I get that there are people who can put up with AJ's type of snaps and things but Stephanie's face looks hurt when he does that. She freezes and knows that she has to give in to him and shut up. That's not a person with a "no big deal" attitude about it. That's more of a "If I want a husband I have to suck this up, so I will." That I think is just awful. But if Stephanie is willing to make that deal, that's on her. 

Keith's version of laziness equals doing anything that he expects others to do for him. He works and goes to school. That gets him money and his education will earn him more. That's nice but his expectations at home are that others will cook and clean and he will chill on the couch during all his free time as he has done forever. It certainly did not take long for him to whine about too many dishes. I don't see him taking kindly to her giving him a hot dog with some potato chips on a paper plate. He wants the level of service his grandmother gave him. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

^^ Yes, I remember Will's father being absent. And Keith's too I guess, since he said something about Kristine meeting him for the first time this episode.

Some of the statements Jasmine made this episode made me believe Will didn't grow up in a stable environment.  I believe she said he found a home at the playground or something like that.

I don't think Jas has a fairytale in her head.  She's stated her expectations are based on her parents' marriage.

Jasmine made the statements about Wil’s upbringing being different from hers and him finding his family with his friends.   But I’m insure of the basis of her statement as it didn’t really match what Will said.   Will said he was raised by a single parent.  They weren’t rich but he didn’t go without.  He had cousins and family members at the wedding that loved him. He gave no indication his childhood was unstable. 

I think Jasmines has created a fairytale view of her parents marriage.  She’s idealized the good without knowing or acknowledging the not so good.   I doubt that her mother behaves  like she does.   

• Love 7

Dr. Jessica Griffin‏ AKA Blondie sez on her Twit.....

A common sign of an abusive/toxic relationship or environment is emotional numbing-a common symptom/outcome of ongoing exposure to toxic stress, toxic and abusive relationships &/or trauma.

Anybody else think she is talking about Numbified Kate?

How about "the experts" stepping in and stopping the experiment for Sad Faced Kate...she obviously is not acting in her best interests...

• Love 5

I noticed that when Will was at the playground, he mentioned to Jasmine that he pushes her a lot. And he said the reason he does that is because the older boys at the playground used to push him and his friends to challenge them. So wait... why have we never seen the Will pushing Jasmine incidents? Maybe they are having deeper conversations that we know nothing about. It feels like the producers stick with one storyline per couple and those are the only conversations we see. In Will/Jasmine’s case, we only see all the financial conversations. Those convos are boring.

I saw that Dr. Jessica conversation differently than everyone else. I thought Keith and Kristine had changed plans and decided to split the cooking and cleaning, but Keith was still being resistant and Kristine said they had hit a wall because they kept arguing about it. Dr. Jessica explained to Keith where his anger and resentment toward cooking and cleaning come from. He still resents having had to parent his father. His anger and argumentative tone with Kristine is misplaced. He really needs to confront his issues with his father and that will help him let go of the hurt and anger he carries toward adulting. That’s why they then attempted to meet with his father. 

I didn’t get the feeling that Keith wasn’t attempting to cook or clean, just that he would flake like he did with the dishes and then he’d get defensive. Neither the therapist nor Kristine seemed to be giving him and out in terms or cooking or cleaning. In fact, in the preview, they show Keith cooking a big dinner for both of them. Rather than do “the chores” begrudgingly, the therapy was just to help him get over his resentment of it, so he could see the value in using those daily deeds as a way to show love for his wife.

I’m mad that Kate said in previous relationships (before Luke) she would give herself a 9.9. Why is she so delusional? She has a history of staying with men who undervalue her and she’s really bad at reading a room. Luke’s mom practically had to hold her hand and spell it out to her that there would not be an endless love in this marriage. I’m still rooting for her though. I hope she comes to the reunion special looking fierce and snarking on Luke hard. Then she should peace out, do a mike drop and walk off the set like a boss, never to speak to any of the matchmakers again.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lids said:

I noticed that when Will was at the playground, he mentioned to Jasmine that he pushes her a lot. And he said the reason he does that is because the older boys at the playground used to push him and his friends to challenge them. So wait... why have we never seen the Will pushing Jasmine incidents? 

I wondered the same thing.

• Love 1

Another way Will and Kristine are compatible is that they both like to stay active and work out. Jasmine wants to cuddle and watch tv just like Keith. 

Maybe Will, Kristine and Stephanie could get together and bike or something. AJ would probably tag along (can’t remember if he likes working out). Keith might go just to hang out. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, PerfectlyObvious said:

I rarely post, but I am so riled up after watching this latest episode, that here is my take on Luke and Kate… 

After last night’s show, I am firmly believing that Luke-da-Puke did this whole thing as one of his get-rich-quick schemes.  He thought it would be funny to go on this show as a way to make a quick $10k, get a freebie vacation, promote his speed-dating stuff, have a few laughs with his buddies, and after a short eight weeks, he would be on his merry hipster way. 

I am sure he told his mom of his plans, and while she was not pleased, she went along with it because that “darn young Luke” would always come up with these silly arrangements, like selling sand from the beach.  Hence, her foreboding “mockery of marriage” statement when it all became very real at the wedding.  From the social media posting bull-poopery that is coming to light (re: fake accounts making fun of the other couples – see the spoiler thread), his buddies all seemed to be in on the score. 

The problem with his plan, however, is that Luke never gave a single thought to how the person he was matched to would feel.  And now, his mother, knowing in advance that this was a dishonorable scheme from the start, feels badly that this kind and gentle soul, which is hopeful Kate, is being set up to be hurt.  She realizes that her son's actions and deeds have deeply impacted an unsuspecting someone who did not deserve to be involved in his stupid and disgusting scheme.

What little morality he has left makes it hard for Luke to kiss Kate, or go further, and he must continue to lie and manipulate to cover his original intent to “scam the show”.  I realize, we only see an edited version of the couples, but given that this is what has been shown, I can only imagine the stuff that we are not viewing.                                                                                                                                             

I concur with Kristine on Unfiltered, “He is an asshole”.  Kate, I hope you get out of this sham of a marriage and find someone kind and deserving.  And, fix your hair once in a while.

Oops! Sorry to the thread moderators, I now realize I should have put my comments into the speculation thread.  However, to my defense, it is factual, and not speculative, that Luke is an ass.

I totally agree about Luke. I think he just signed up to get his 15 min of fame, boost his business and now even though he's a mega-douche, I'm sure there are women out there that will go for him simply because he was on TV. I feel like a lot of these people that go on reality shows go on them hoping they become social media stars as well. 

Kate deserves a do-over.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

I totally agree about Luke. I think he just signed up to get his 15 min of fame, boost his business and now even though he's a mega-douche, I'm sure there are women out there that will go for him simply because he was on TV. I feel like a lot of these people that go on reality shows go on them hoping they become social media stars as well. 

Kate deserves a do-over.

I agree with this.  Luke is NOT into Kate at all.  The only reason he is staying is because he wants to be on the show.  Kate is staying because she's hoping that eventually Luke will fall in love with her.  

Even though Luke is a jerk, I'm sure he'll get Insta-famous, which is what he wants.

• Love 3

We're 100% on the same page with this.

Kate deserves a do-over.

I don't think Kate would ever want to do MAFS again.  What she deserved was to be matched with a man who was seriously looking for a wife like her.

This is a quote from Perfectlyobvious:  "I am sure he told his mom of his plans, and while she was not pleased, she went along with it because that “darn young Luke” would always come up with these silly arrangements, like selling sand from the beach.  Hence, her foreboding “mockery of marriage” statement when it all became very real at the wedding.  From the social media posting bull-poopery that is coming to light his buddies all seemed to be in on the score." 

I doubt if Luke shared his intentions with his mother, but she knew who he was. Luke's mom strongly disapproved of the whole MAFS thing --she has repeatedly referred to it as "making a mockery of marriage"- and perhaps now we know why. But I don't think that equates to her being "in on it from the beginning".  (Quite the opposite, in fact --it seems she objected to it from the beginning.) Mothers cannot control what their adult children do, and their adult children don't always make them proud.

Puke's mom knew that he was born to be a hustler. Children don't always turn out the way you want them to, but mothers love them anyway

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 6

@Crazy Bird Lady I totally agree. I actually thought the selling sand story was funny and was a subtle hint to Kate about what Luke really is. And also, sand is a commodity- I used to work for a quarry company and sand was something we did sell. It’s actually quite smart he thought to do that. Off track - I do think Luke’s mom is a nice lady - she was consoling Kate’s mom at the wedding, and to me, she seems genuinely concerned about Kate. I think she knows the truth about Luke’s feelings and she was trying to clue Kate in without being totally cruel. I have no problem with her assertion that this show is a mockery of marriage because it is, but I don’t think she actively schemed with son or anything. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I think she [Luke's mom] knows the truth about Luke’s feelings and she was trying to clue Kate in without being totally cruel. I don’t think she actively schemed with son or anything. 

I've also seen a couple of comments saying it's the mom's fault that Luke turned out the way he did. 

Does that mean Keith can just keep on playing the "I had an addicted father and went to the women in my family for comfort " card forever?

I believe a 30-year-old adult must take responsibility for their own life choices and their own "issues".  

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7

I've also seen a couple of comments saying it's the mom's fault that Luke turned out the way he did. 

I've known plenty of assholes who were raised well by lovely people and conversely I've known plenty of assholes who somehow managed to raise lovely children. Parenting is important but it's somehow not the only predictor of how someone turns out.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Does that mean Keith can just keep on playing the "I had an addicted father and went to the women in my family for comfort " card forever?

I believe a 30-year-old adult must take responsibility for their own life choices and their own "issues".  

Luke is responsible for how he behaves and treats people. He might have learned the behavior from his mom or dad but he is responsible for continuing it as an adult. It is the same for Keith, he might have learned certain behaviors growing up but he alone is responsible for not learning basic cooking and other domestic chores. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Dr. Jessica Griffin‏ AKA Blondie sez on her Twit.....

A common sign of an abusive/toxic relationship or environment is emotional numbing-a common symptom/outcome of ongoing exposure to toxic stress, toxic and abusive relationships &/or trauma.

Anybody else think she is talking about Numbified Kate?

How about "the experts" stepping in and stopping the experiment for Sad Faced Kate...she obviously is not acting in her best interests...

Have we seen Dr. Jessica sit down with Luke and Kate yet? Luke is deserving of the type of smackdown she gave Molly.

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I don't think Kate would ever want to do MAFS again.  What she deserved was to be matched with a man who was seriously looking for a wife like her.

Unfortunately, Kate is on a reality TV show that is more concerned about ratings and editing.

Kate will be ok when this is all over. She will remains friends and have fun with Jasmine and Kristine after they get divorced.

Since Stephanie is so cool, she will have fun with them also!

• Love 2

MAFS tapes a bunch of THs all at once and she is in the same black t shirt she wore at their housewarming party...

Her best outfit is her light blue Decision Day dress...everything else has not been flattering.

Her Bridgette Bardot Bouffant Hairdo is not working for everyday hair....

Kate will want to get a fresh new look once her nightmare marriage is over...turning a page...

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Did Kate have on the black T-shirt during the last episode as well? Kinda feels like they backtaped her reactions. I wonder if she got out but had to fulfill that part of her contract. 

I've been wondering if Kate was even living with Luke or just showing up to film. IIRC, the season 2 couples didn't really live together and showed up to film.  Sam and Neil also didn't seem to live together during parts of season 3, in part because Sam was being difficult about where to live. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke is responsible for how he behaves and treats people. He might have learned the behavior from his mom or dad but he is responsible for continuing it as an adult. It is the same for Keith, he might have learned certain behaviors growing up but he alone is responsible for not learning basic cooking and other domestic chores. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Puke's take on how their marriage got off on the wrong foot...

Kate him pressured to sleep in the wedding night bed with her even though he wanted to sleep on the couch...

Kate should have let him pull a Jephte and sleep far far away from her clutches...

Kate pressured Puke from the get go...

He is pointing the finger at Kate's constant pawing and insistence of wanting a smooch....

• Love 1

Maybe all the couples should do the pros and cons thing about their marriage.  List all the pros on one side, and then list all the cons of the partner on the other side.  If the cons out weigh the pros, dump them.  My husband says I’m a pain in the ass, and I say he’s a pain in the ass.  But our pros are more than the cons, so we are still together. Lol.  No one is perfect.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

We're 100% on the same page with this.

I doubt if Luke shared his intentions with his mother, but she knew who he was. Luke's mom strongly disapproved of the whole MAFS thing --she has repeatedly referred to it as "making a mockery of marriage"- and perhaps now we know why. But I don't think that equates to her being "in on it from the beginning".  (Quite the opposite, in fact --it seems she objected to it from the beginning.) Mothers cannot control what their adult children do, and their adult children don't always make them proud.

Puke's mom knew that he was born to be a hustler. Children don't always turn out the way you want them to, but mothers love them anyway

OMG ... first time reading this.  If it is true that his Mother was in on this, she is wicked.  I don’t care how old he is, I would not let that happen if he was my son.  Now that you mention it, she did seem weird like she knew something not good was up.  Kate has lost all her confidence because of this creep and the experts and show are to blame.  There is a God up above.

• Love 1

I don't think Luke's mom is in on it. She's been against this from the beginning, saying it's a "mockery of marriage" (& finally, someone said it).  She definitely knows what's up, but I believe the father & sister know as well - it was obvious the whole family was uncomfortable. But it's Luke's gig & not her place to break it to Kate. I think she's very upset about it all. What I didn't like was the way she stared at Kate with pity. What I did appreciate was she wasn't playing the game, in that, she didn't say things like "It's great to have you in the family", etc.

Kate's sadness is hard to watch, though, & this situation is upsetting & even disturbing.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

Kristine & Keith: Agree with @LilaFowler - when that realization hit Kristine it was a powerful moment. I really like Kristine. I like that she's a strong woman who knows her worth. I don't think Kristine and Keith will ultimately last because even if there are glimpses of change in Keith, I believe ultimately he wants a replacement for his grandma but that has the addition of "benefits" and Kristine seems to know she has more to offer than that.

Will & Jasmine:  I like Jasmine less and less with each episode. She says she likes traditional values but that only seems to extend as far as those values benefit her instead of the marriage as a whole. She very clearly wants to be a stay at home wife, but then her "traditional values" end when it comes to her doing all the cooking and cleaning while Will would be at work and she'd be at home. Basically she is saying she wants to be financially taken care of and never have to work, always have money to shop, and have a maid to do housework so she can spend her life just enjoying leisure. Well get in line, B! We'd ALL love that life, but unless she's got a couple billion stashed in a mattress somewhere she better get used to working for a living like the rest of us!

Kate & Luke: What is there even to say at this point?  I don't know if Luke told his mom he wasn't attracted to Kate, if it's just a mother knowing the mood and body language of her child, or if it's just the fact that in one of the first episodes Luke described the women he usually dates: dark complexion, dark hair, dark eyes, tall... (I'm envisioning a pretty waspy/model type) and his mom obviously sees that Kate doesn't fit that mold, that has her realizing this marriage is a sham, but clearly she sees what 100% of everyone else except Kate sees.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't think Luke's mom is in on it. She's been against this from the beginning, saying it's a "mockery of marriage" (& finally, someone said it).  She definitely knows what's up, but I believe the father & sister know as well - it was obvious the whole family was uncomfortable. But it's Luke's gig & not her place to break it to Kate. I think she's very upset about it all. What I didn't like was the way she stared at Kate with pity. What I did appreciate was she wasn't playing the game, in that, she didn't say things like "It's great to have you in the family", etc.

Kate's sadness is hard to watch, though, & this situation is upsetting & even disturbing.

Shameful.  His Mother is probably devastated by now, knowing what he said to her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Shameful.  His Mother is probably devastated by now, knowing what he said to her.

I've wondered how she must feel. Maybe she makes excuses for him, although she didn't excuse him even going on the show since she said it was a "mockery". Maybe she is terribly embarrassed, completely changing her look so no one recognizes her...

• Love 1

Maybe she is terribly embarrassed, completely changing her look so no one recognizes her...

I think that's why Luke has that witness-protection beard. When this all goes south, he can shave it off and be less recognizable in public 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I've wondered how she must feel. Maybe she makes excuses for him, although she didn't excuse him even going on the show since she said it was a "mockery". Maybe she is terribly embarrassed, completely changing her look so no one recognizes her...

From the looks, she might be just as bad .. holding Kate’s hand and jumping all around at the wedding with that weird look on her face probably knowing what was coming for Kate.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

From the looks, she might be just as bad .. holding Kate’s hand and jumping all around at the wedding with that weird look on her face probably knowing what was coming for Kate.

Yes she's been very uptight about this from the get go. Her "mockery of marriage" comment makes it seem like it's the TV matchmaking show that's the problem for her. As we see her again maybe it's more than that. I still don't feel this was a conspiracy between them against Kate, as she seems to at least have some sympathy - something her son lacks. She also can't control what he does or how he behaves -he's fully responsible for that. She could've declined to be filmed, & spoken to Kate alone without a show of pity for the audience, though, which I didn't care for at all.

"The least" answer should've been put up with a few more weeks of filming with Luke, then adios forever to the turd ball - he has nothing to offer her in terms of friendship either.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

"The least" answer should've been put up with a few more weeks of filming with Luke, then adios forever to the turd ball - he has nothing to offer her in terms of friendship either.

Yeah I totally agree. Like, what would her number appear as in Puke's phone after the "experiment" if they remained "friends?" (He was never her friend by the way)...

Ex-skank wife

Alcoholic 

Sloth-hater

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, discoprincessthe2 said:

Have we seen Dr. Jessica sit down with Luke and Kate yet? Luke is deserving of the type of smackdown she gave Molly.

I still say Dr. Jessica should have left the show after she got involved with Jon (of Molly/Jon). 

How is he to take a smackdown or anything she says seriously?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2019 at 12:04 PM, discoprincessthe2 said:

Dr. Jessica wouldn't say anything to Luke. She only gives a smackdown if she wants the guy for herself and she wouldn't want Luke. We saw the advice she gave to Kristine/Keith regarding Keith's unwillingness to be more helpful around the house and it was terrible. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't think Keith is all that bad; he's in school, he's working.  It's not like he's sitting around watching TV while grandma does everything for him.  

The thing with Kate is this, I think everybody knows we don't live in a nanny state where everybody has to be wrapped in bubble wrap so they don't get hurt.  The problem is that this show isn't a "social experiment" it's entertainment.  And there's nothing entertaining about a woman married at first sight to a man who doesn't want her; and she's hoping against hope that he changes his mind and chooses her.  I felt sorry for her when she said, "this is the first time I've felt like Luke's wife."  WTF?  Because he took her to his home town?  Kate's standards for a happy marriage are dropping steadily.  

• Love 5
On 2/23/2019 at 3:30 PM, OnTime said:

I still day Dr. Jessica should have left the show after she got involved with Jon (of Molly/Jon). 

How is he to take a smackdown or anything she says seriously?

They pick n choose who they will sit down with.  Besides, Jessica may either be on her honeymoon or preggers.  Who knows.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 11:10 PM, Soup333 said:

Jasmine annoys me to no end. I definitely see how she was single. I can’t imagine any relationship will go long term with her unless she meets Kristine’s moneybags ex. 

Will and Kristine would have been a much better match. 

Kristine is a keeper and Keith better thank his lucky stars he was matched with her. 

Luke. Ugh. Kate. Sad ugh. His mother is strange but I think she knows her son isn’t into it. I wonder if he told her he was repulsed by Kate. 

I have nothing to say about Jasmine any more.  At first I thought she was misunderstood about the finances discussion. I understand being independent when you're single because you have to be and not wanting to be independent when you are married. I get wanting more traditional roles if that's what you prefer. I didn't like that she based all this on her parents and not what she wants for herself.  But Jasmine has insulted Will's background and shown herself to be a real snob. There was no reason for that bad attitude. 

I don't think Will and Kristine would have been a good match either except that he's more physically active and into sports. She is a little too upbeat for Will and also wanted a breadwinner. Will may have a good job but it doesn't seem like that's a role he believes in fulfilling. I respect that and there are plenty of women who would want to split bills 50/50 with him. Maybe Stephanie and Will? 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:18 AM, silverspoons said:

Keith and Kristine, is cooking and cleaning for 2 people in a small apartment that hard? Once a week, cleaning a bathroom, doing laundry, vacuuming and daily kitchen cleanup is way too much for them to handle. If cooking is so hard and cleanup even harder then make sandwiches, a salad, or get a pre-made meal from the grocery store. I wish I could go back to the easy days of cooking for 2 and cleaning an apartment, what will Keith think about cleaning when he gets the baby he wants so badly? or when you have kids that have different diets then you. We are a family of 4 and I or my husband make 3 varations of dinner every night to meet each family members needs, which is not only time but extra cleaning. 

As energetic as AJ is, I like how into this marriage he is. He was excited to call his in laws mom and dad and be part of the family. Steph's parents are senior citizens but seemed like they were pretty hip and trendy from their home. Maybe AJ fun spirit will fit in with them.

I was pretty surprised that Kate Kristine and Dr. Pepper were all pretty negative on Luke on unfiltered. He deserved it but I'm surprised they let these feelings be expressed while the season was still airing. 

I have been wanting to know the missing pieces of Kristine's story. So tonight we learn her long time boyfriend was wealthy and she left him because he was too controlling and did not do his share of housework. What does this mean for Keith who is broke and does not want to do his share?

I don't think the struggle is about the weekly cleaning. Kristine is the breadwinner here and doesn't want to have to do the bulk of the housework when she's done. She'd probably be fine with different meal options but Keith wants a wife who can cook. Some of us were raised in families that put a lot of emphasis on a woman's ability to cook. It doesn't mean that the men don't know how to cook, but it's something we are expected to do and do well. If kristine and Keith had dated first, things would have been different. 

On 2/20/2019 at 9:56 AM, Gem 10 said:

Keith ... You don’t have to make a gourmet meal.  Throw some frozen Mac / cheese in the microwave, heat up some frozen nuggets or fish sticks, open up a can of veggies and put everything on a paper plate.  It’s not how I cook, but it will do for a guy like you when you have to put something the table.  Case closed.

Keith would probably be fine with paper plates but nothing about him tells me he wants frozen nuggets or fish sticks. If he did, he could certainly prepare them. Maybe not, he did injure himself opening a can lol. 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, Ohwell said:

I liked Aunt Susie and Uncle Joe but that food looked store bought.  The chicken looked like it came from Popeye's (which I hate) and I don't think Aunt Susie made that pound cake.   They were a sweet couple though.

I'm still rooting for AJ and Stephanie.  He really does look like he wants to be a part of that family.

Jasmine is a snob.  Will deserves better, too bad he wasn't matched with Kristine.   

Jasmine showed herself this week. Kristine is sweet and definitely not a snob but she wants a breadwinner. Will is not interested in that role. I think Kristine was willing to give Keith a try because she was matched with him and she has a great attitude, but also because he's in school. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Keith also works four nights a week so I'd say they are on equal footing employment-wise...

Not really due to the way real estate agents work. Her job involves odd hours at times in a way his does not. And then he is expecting her to come home and do a second shift with cooking and cleaning since she often has to go over areas he claims to have cleaned.

Not really due to the way real estate agents work. Her job involves odd hours at times in a way his does not. And then he is expecting her to come home and do a second shift with cooking and cleaning since she often has to go over areas he claims to have cleaned.

So he works four nights a week and he's in school. I get that she works odd hours but if anything, he probably spends more time working/in class studying than she does working. If he's working nights, he's also not working a traditional schedule.

I think that whatever agreement they have worked out regarding chores, they both should adhere to. I think they should share responsibilities for the household. But I don't buy the argument that she is the primary breadwinner or that she is working more hours than he is.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So he works four nights a week and he's in school. I get that she works odd hours but if anything, he probably spends more time working/in class studying than she does working. If he's working nights, he's also not working a traditional schedule.

I think that whatever agreement they have worked out regarding chores, they both should adhere to. I think they should share responsibilities for the household. But I don't buy the argument that she is the primary breadwinner or that she is working more hours than he is.

I agree. They're both busy. They both work weird hours. Keith's may be more regular in the sense that he has a set class and work schedule in a way that Kristine does not, but they're both working non-traditional hours. Working and going to school at the same time is hard. I worked full-time while earning my MBA part-time and I easily spent 60-65 hours a week working my full-time job, going to class, and studying/doing coursework. Keith isn't sitting around doing nothing. Kristine and Keith need to re-adjust their chore chart but it's not like Keith doesn't have stuff going on in his outside-the-home life.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:29 AM, love2lovebadtv said:

Will may have a good job but it doesn't seem like that's a role he believes in fulfilling. I respect that and there are plenty of women who would want to split bills 50/50 with him. Maybe Stephanie and Will? 

If anything, I think Stephanie is more career-oriented than Will is. Stephanie seems to love her work and Will has said he does not - it's fine, it pays the bills, but he doesn't feel connected to it or passionate about it. When Stephanie was asked to describe a trauma, she talked about a layoff, the threat of her career being stalled. I don't think Will would have answered in the same way.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Kristine also cuts Keith slacks because she is at least physically attracted to him.  IMO I do not think she would be physically attracted to Will.

Yes, true. I don't know who would have been a better match for Will, then. 

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree. They're both busy. They both work weird hours. Keith's may be more regular in the sense that he has a set class and work schedule in a way that Kristine does not, but they're both working non-traditional hours. Working and going to school at the same time is hard. I worked full-time while earning my MBA part-time and I easily spent 60-65 hours a week working my full-time job, going to class, and studying/doing coursework. Keith isn't sitting around doing nothing. Kristine and Keith need to re-adjust their chore chart but it's not like Keith doesn't have stuff going on in his outside-the-home life.

If anything, I think Stephanie is more career-oriented than Will is. Stephanie seems to love her work and Will has said he does not - it's fine, it pays the bills, but he doesn't feel connected to it or passionate about it. When Stephanie was asked to describe a trauma, she talked about a layoff, the threat of her career being stalled. I don't think Will would have answered in the same way.

Stephanie is definitely into her job. Will seems family-oriented, which should make him a great catch. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if Stephanie is interested in having kids. I know Will is. Surely there is a better match for him than stuck-up Jasmine?  I can think of some single women who would be happy with a decent guy like Will - 50/50 and all lol. 

The issue with Kristine & Keith is not so much the number of hours that they work/study. It's that Keith doesn't know how to do anything around the house + the fact that he specifically wants a woman with domestic skills + Kristine's income is 3x Keith's income. So, you have someone who wants 3 cooked meals a day, doesn't know how to do housework, and doesn't make much money. It's bound to cause resentment - even if he's working and going to school. If he were going to school and working but could afford meal delivery and/or could also cook sometimes, it would be a different situation. I'm not even sure he would want that sort of thing. There are plenty of guys who will not go for pre-prepped meals. 

I can't imagine what would make Keith apply for this show. He acknowledge for day 1 that he's spoiled and I guess he thinks that's acceptable. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv
  • Love 1