Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: The Past and the Furious

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I don't know who would have been a better match for Will, then. 

Maybe no-one? He has one of those personalities that don't work great on this show - too cautious and reserved. He did get screwed being matched with Jasmine, so maybe that's the problem, but he's kind of boring and I don't find him physically attractive. I think they should have passed on this couple completely and put on the Mama's boy Dorian and his match..........

• Love 4

Will may have just waved the white surrender flag early because Jasmine was going to just badger, pick, criticize, belittle every little thing he said or did if it didn't fit into her idealized views of marriage, wife and husband gender roles.

He is just letting her reveal herself through her actions and words.

He doesn't see their energies matching so will exit the marriage with his dignity intact...

• Love 5

Kristine's income is 3x Keith's income

How do we know this?

I don't think income matters in terms of dividing up the household chores. If both parties are working full time they are both equally responsible for household chores, regardless of whether one spouse is more highly paid than the other.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think income matters in terms of dividing up the household chores. If both parties are working full time they are both equally responsible for household chores, regardless of whether one spouse is more highly paid than the other.

I think this is particularly true, when one spouse is in school, trying to improve themselves and their earning potential!  Keith is working part-time and in higher-level college studies, and (not always successfully) doing dishes, etc. while he asks his wife to do the cooking, because he never learned to cook.  I totally agree with those posters who say Keith could learn to cook, at the very least, nuke stuff in a micro-wave --but he wants healthy food like Grandma used to make for him. 

So why don't they visit Grandma regularly, and maybe Keith could learn a few cooking tricks from her?!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

How do we know this?

I pretty sure the income difference was stated when they met with Pastor Cal after they returned home from the honeymoon. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 1

If so that was another stupid Cal comment, because if Kristine is a realtor her income will vary, possibly widely, depending on the market & sales year to year. After Keith finishes school he'll most likely have a set income. Maybe she'll still pull in more, but maybe not all the time.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2019 at 5:41 PM, Elizzikra said:

Keith also works four nights a week so I'd say they are on equal footing employment-wise...

Employment-wise - yes, they're both working. But they're not on equal footing in terms of household contributions. As Kristine mentioned, she's not a housewife. Yet, she's expected to do carry the bulk of the housework. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

If so that was another stupid Cal comment, because if Kristine is a realtor her income will vary, possibly widely, depending on the market & sales year to year. After Keith finishes school he'll most likely have a set income. Maybe she'll still pull in more, but maybe not all the time.

I did wonder about that because I always thought real estate agents had varying income. I was wondering if maybe they used her average income. She respects the fact that he is working and going to school to pursue his career of choice. I have accompanied a family member to dialysis but I don't know anything about the job. Also confused about what he's going to school for. I seem to recall something about nursing school, but I also recall hearing something about wanting to be a doctor. Am I recalling correctly? Because those are two very different things. Maybe he wants to do a DNP?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I think this is particularly true, when one spouse is in school, trying to improve themselves and their earning potential!  Keith is working part-time and in higher-level college studies, and (not always successfully) doing dishes, etc. while he asks his wife to do the cooking, because he never learned to cook.  I totally agree with those posters who say Keith could learn to cook, at the very least, nuke stuff in a micro-wave --but he wants healthy food like Grandma used to make for him. 

So why don't they visit Grandma regularly, and maybe Keith could learn a few cooking tricks from her?!

Keith wants hot, home-cooked meals...yep, that's about right. I don't know if he's asking Kristine to do the cooking only because he never learned to cook, though. I mean that's certainly a big part of it. But like you said, he wants home cooking - not heat & eat meals (the good ones can be really expensive, anyway). Cooking ability was a box that Kristine was able to check off on his suitability checklist - more, I think, than someone who just wanted someone with a complementary skill set. They could visit Grandma regularly (I bet she'd love that), have the show spring for a couple's cooking package (not just a date-night class, an actual package where the chef teaches you at home), or do those fun (but expensive) meal prep boxes. Keith seems like he wants to make Kristine happy, and he definitely knows he's spoiled, so I think he's willing and able to work on this. It probably won't completely take away his comfort with a woman feeding him and taking care of him, but at least he could be more realistic about it. 

• Love 2

I don't like how Luke always has that weird smile on his face when he knows he's being an asshole to Kate.  I seriously think he's in the closet and doesn't want to come out. What was he expecting his wife to look like? He's small, short and going bald and he is the one that's repulsed???? I don't get it.

• Love 4
On 2/26/2019 at 8:19 PM, love2lovebadtv said:

I did wonder about that because I always thought real estate agents had varying income. I was wondering if maybe they used her average income. She respects the fact that he is working and going to school to pursue his career of choice. I have accompanied a family member to dialysis but I don't know anything about the job. Also confused about what he's going to school for. I seem to recall something about nursing school, but I also recall hearing something about wanting to be a doctor. Am I recalling correctly? Because those are two very different things. Maybe he wants to do a DNP?

I'm sure that's what Keith's goal is --a doctorate in nursing. Hubby has a 2nd cousin who got one --and she now RUNS a university health clinic. She's the 'Doc' in charge.  We aren't close enough for me to ask her what she makes a year --but I bet it's not horse manure! 

• Love 1
(edited)

About Keith again --I don't think he's being realistic, wanting a child right away!!

There is no way he'll ever get that doctorate in nursing/NP unless he waits to finish school before having kids. (And Kristine doesn't want kids yet, anyway!) 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 1:18 AM, Cleopatra C. said:

I don't like how Luke always has that weird smile on his face when he knows he's being an asshole to Kate.  I seriously think he's in the closet and doesn't want to come out. What was he expecting his wife to look like? He's small, short and going bald and he is the one that's repulsed???? I don't get it.

That smirk disgusts me. 

• Love 1
On 2/26/2019 at 4:41 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I know I'm a feminist, but my husband did not know how to cook Emma and was raised at the women do all the stuff. Well I wouldn't have married him if he stayed that way. I told him that . He has learned to cook very well. He even made a complete Thanksgiving dinner .... even caramelizing the gravy.   I worked full time like I did. And I participated  in all the chores that are considered "manly chores."  I was raised without gender specific roles.That's one reason for having engagements ti learn whether your partner can adapt.  I also adapted but  in other ways.  I have been married a long time so it has worked out.

Just now, antfitz said:

I know I'm a feminist, but my husband did not know how to cook Emma and was raised at the women do all the stuff. Well I wouldn't have married him if he stayed that way. I told him that . He has learned to cook very well. He even made a complete Thanksgiving dinner .... even caramelizing the gravy.   I worked full time like I did. And I participated  in all the chores that are considered "manly chores."  I was raised without gender specific roles.That's one reason for having engagements ti learn whether your partner can adapt.  I also adapted but  in other ways.  I have been married a long time so it has worked out.

Sorry for the mistakes, I voice text.

• Love 3