Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, Bridget said:

I am all about celebrating a student if they are a valedictorian, salutatorian, in the top 10% of their class, were on the honor roll for the majority of HS, had perfect attendance or they’re an AP student who are headed to college with X units in the bank

And what about all the challenges the teachers rarely know about...home life, sometimes "no home" life,  helping to support a family, violence in the home, and so much more?  I celebrate the kids who get through all four years because I don't know if there were struggles or not.

ETA:  And...give special kudos to those kids who were NEVER celebrated...no awards or accolades.  Not in the popular cliques.  Didn't have the finances or time to be on teams or in clubs.  Send cards and cheers to the invisible students; it could make a big difference in some futures. 

Edited by HaaCHOO
ETA
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

My reply to Meghan’s  “I’m still talking” remark was “When aren’t you talking?”. She really doesn’t see that she is the biggest interrupter at the table, does she? 

Then again, she doesn’t think she is overweight either....

Well, exactly! You can pick any episode that has Abby and Meghan in it at random and you will see a moment where Abby starts to talk and Meghan immediately starts trying to talk over the top of her. She does the classic accuse-everyone-else-of-doing-the-thing-you-do thing all the freaking time.

• Love 19

Potato is the best nickname for her. Just reading the talk about her with that in place (plus someone wondering if she's pregnant with a spud) had me lmao.

I loved the Oscars part because everyone else was rooting for Glenn Close (so am I). I was surprised she didn't lose her shit when even Abby said Close was her pick, especially after the hostile encounter (lol) earlier in the show. Doesn't Abby know the Potato wants GAGA, and you are contractually obligated to agree with her, Abbeh!!! After all, you were hired to be her slave, to repeat the same things the wannabe HBIC Potato tells you to.

It hasn't even been a week since the Potato was faux ranting about how women should support one another, damn.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Even weddings, which sounds bad, but in my culture I never really saw people bringing gifts until more recently. Some did, but it definitely feels like it's happening more now. Even then, no one would shame you for just coming and offering a prayer for the couple/baby and enjoying your time. I always bring stuff, but it's not a must.

I've heard of baby showers for every baby though. I think the general rule is if you spent a lot for the first baby, then you don't have to do it again for the next.

I would love to just offer a prayer at weddings I am invited to but are like co-workers.

2nd paragraph:  I have only been to 1 repeat shower and the mother had 10 years between baby 1 and 2 and lost her husband just before #2.  Her equipment was not up to safety standards so no one minded replenishing her stuff.  As a sister I would give a baby gift for each child born, but that is just being an aunt and I usually give a bunch of books.  I was lucky that my sister and my sister-in-law had babies in the same week and lived behind each other.  I just threw 1 shower and added on the invitations that it was not necessary to bring a gift for the mother if they didn't know her.  I decorated with 2 pack and plays and that was labeled with the mother's name and was used for the gifts.  Each pack and play was set up on opposite sides of the hall.  It went really well.  Family members loved it because they didn't have to attend 2 showers.

• Love 9

I think baby showers are so much fun (although not with games, lol). I'm  72 and not been to many since so many of my friends did not have kids....or we were flung all over after college or  high school. Or they already had kids when we became friends.

Actually attended one with college friends for the gramma (her daughter was there). We loved it!

But - I am weird - my little family had their first child (my grandniece) in 37 years 3 years ago!

My sister and I, and her sister, threw her a shower and it was so much fun - her friends flew in (she lives across the country) and it was men and women and a real party and such wonderful and thoughtful gifts. Not even extravagant gifts.

I would never begrudge someone a baby shower no matter how many kids they had - all about the love of a blessed event and celebrating no matter how simple or extravagant the event is.

ETA- so sorry....should have taken this to small talk but don't know how!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And did Meghan just snap on Abby? “I’m still talking.” Wtf?

You know what I would pay money to see? The second Meghan starts talking over the rest of the panel or starts with that obnoxious "I'm still talking here" bullshit, everyone else just shuts up. Not a word, not a peep, not a nod. Just total silence while Meghan spews her inanity into the ether. When she's finished, no one says a word. They all sit there like a silent tableau.

Repeat until she shuts down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 2/21/2019 at 3:30 PM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is wrong. Jussie S is not a sociopath.   I do expect that in the upcoming weeks we will hear that he suffers from depression, bipolar disorder,  PTSD,  some sort of addiction or a medication effect.

Just want to say, as predicted, Smollett  has now said he has a drug problem.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:
On 2/21/2019 at 2:30 PM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is wrong. Jussie S is not a sociopath.   I do expect that in the upcoming weeks we will hear that he suffers from depression, bipolar disorder,  PTSD,  some sort of addiction or a medication effect.

Just want to say, as predicted, Smollett  has now said he has a drug problem.

Oh, YEAH, Tinkerbell...let's send him to REHAB, poor guy.  For many Americans, it's devastated families' last resort for their suffering kids.  For celebrities, it's just one more stop on the Mea Culpa Tour.   Hiring Mark Geragos, priceless and predictable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Awww - it is never a discussion with MM. She goes last so she can speak on and  on and on.....and then Whoopi goes to commercial.

Pretty funny that Princes Nutmeg confirmed it.  Now we can watch for it every time...and start another drinking game.  Perk up, Babe, Whoopi will be back soon to save your sorry self.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If indeed Whoopi has been watching the show from home, I hope she really sees how bad and rude Meggie’s behavior is and has seen how Joy has been able to shut it down (mostly). 

She should be taking notes... it may be a lot more noticeable when you don’t have someone else talking into your earpiece at the same time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I wonder if it was a new concession to Meghan, to always go last on hot topics.  Because she interrupts all of the other co-hosts, they agreed to let her get her point in by speaking after everyone else had said something.  

I really do think that  Meghan has been told that she interrupts too much.  It's been all over The View's twitter pages.  Meghan's defense would be that she gets interrupted just as often as everyone else. So, she gets to go last, after she lets everyone else speak uninterrupted.   Then of course, if anyone interrupts her, she can yell "I'M STILL TALKING!"   

Meghan needs someone to make her watch videos of the show and track the interruptions.  I imagine she does the same thing when she is with friends and acquaintances.  People who are chronic interrupters aren't generally able to keep quiet unless they're intimidated.  

I'm giving it a new name - CID - Chronic Interrupting Disorder.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

ROFL, Meghan McCain got owned hard by Tulsi.

And Meghan is just like Whoopi in that she can’t be bothered to pronounce Gabbard’s name correctly. Even if the announcer or whoever introduced her also got it wrong (I don’t know-I’m not watching), that’s no excuse. I caught a clip where Gabbard told Twat not to put words in her mouth. Twat called her “Tulsee” as in Tulsa, but with an i. Her name is pronounced “Thooolsee” (like in tool, but with the tha sound on the first syllable). But of course, the proper, the more respectful address would have been to refer to her as “Congresswoman Gabbard.”😒😒😒😒😒😒

Or “Representative Gabbard.”😒😒😒

Sorry, But I have no patience with people who refuse to pronounce foreign names correctly, especially when they’re fairly easy to pronounce. I’d give a pass if someone named Satyanarayana Balusabramanyam was a guest. Maybe.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, Bucket said:

Sunny, good god.  Gabriel is a very common name and has been since the 70s.  My sons went to school with many and it was a small school.  

It was nasty for Miranda's BF to get another pregnant when he was seeing her!  Good Luck Miranda.  I don't know much about her but I read that she cheated on Blake; is this true?  And what is up with him not using birth control?  

Meggie, oh empty vessel, you have to start dressing with looser and longer tops.  The hoodie looked pretty good. 

Joy, I love this woman! 

Not defending Miranda, but Blake cheated on his first wife with Miranda, so he's no saint.  Word is Miranda's first boyfriend after Blake ghosted his wife.  This new husband is reported to have knocked up his side piece while engaged to another woman last year.  He's not a prince, either.  But it reminds me of Tom Brady who became involved with Giselle Budchen when his ex reported she was pregnant by him almost immediately into that relationship.  People are so messy.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Not defending Miranda, but Blake cheated on his first wife with Miranda, so he's no saint.  Word is Miranda's first boyfriend after Blake ghosted his wife.  This new husband is reported to have knocked up his side piece while engaged to another woman last year.  He's not a prince, either.  But it reminds me of Tom Brady who became involved with Giselle Budchen when his ex reported she was pregnant by him almost immediately into that relationship.  People are so messy.

I knew Blake and Miranda were doomed when he went on Ellen and said when it's Miranda's turn to meet up with him she always shows up. However when it was his turn to go to her, he would sometimes cancel. 

I think Miranda's first boyfriend after Blake (not counting the affair she's rumored to have had) was Anderson East. I don't think Anderson was married. Then she may have cheated (not sure of the breakup timeline) on East with Evan Felker and that situation was a shitshow. He/They really did his wife wrong. 

The way she talked I don't think Abby knows the whole story about Miranda and her men. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

I knew Blake and Miranda were doomed when he went on Ellen and said when it's Miranda's turn to meet up with him she always shows up. However when it was his turn to go to her, he would sometimes cancel. 

I think Miranda's first boyfriend after Blake (not counting the affair she's rumored to have had) was Anderson East. I don't think Anderson was married. Then she may have cheated (not sure of the breakup timeline) on East with Evan Felker and that situation was a shitshow. He/They really did his wife wrong. 

The way she talked I don't think Abby knows the whole story about Miranda and her men. 

Yeah, I remember when they were still married, Blake said that Miranda does all the heavy lifting and comes to him in LA.  He never went to her.  Luckily his new lady is the type to live her life entirely for her man.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Meghan is just like Whoopi in that she can’t be bothered to pronounce Gabbard’s name correctly.

I think with Whoopi it's laziness and "don't give an "F."  With Meghan, it's strategery...one-upmanship.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

After years of hearing MODERATOR Whoops murder the English language, I ascribe all her mispronunciations/other speech errors to dyslexia/ignorance/weed; Megs' flubs I figure result from stupidity, arrogance, &/or bitchiness. 

Lotsa fat/pregnancy (no, let us pray!) comments lately for stocky Megs, but watch her stalk on set - IMO she doesn't look much heftier than Joy, from the (nonexistent - WHY the belts, alway??) waist down, has shapely legs, & I think looks great in her pencil skirts, skin-tight or no (that's the style - in my youth, jeunes filles were told their skirts shouldn't cup their derrieres...of course we also wore hose & defended our cash & prizes via iron-sided "panty girdles.")  As noted, the looser & longer New Edition shirt over Megs' standard black pencil skirt flattered her.

When I first saw Rep Gabbard on the panel, full face, I thought it was "Veep's" Julia Louis-Dreyfus spoofing us - doppelgangers, IMO.  Don't think Tulsi has a hope of winning the nomination - why bother? Dems really need to get it together - just listen to Megs, she's a campaign pro, ya know!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yeah, I remember when they were still married, Blake said that Miranda does all the heavy lifting and comes to him in LA.  He never went to her.  Luckily his new lady is the type to live her life entirely for her man.

I remember when they were still married and Miranda said she got Blake a tree stand for hunting as a present.   I thought I really hate these people. 

• Love 7
On 2/23/2019 at 12:50 AM, maggiemae said:

Awww - it is never a discussion with MM.

You remind me of college where at the end of the term you are given a score sheet on the prof.  We had one guy who advertised his class as a discussion class on xyz.  He pontificated each class.  We all let the university know that we felt like we were taken in by false advertising.  Us smarties just knew to skew our test answers to the extreme and I got an A+.  Hey sometimes you just have to roll with it.  I didn't even study I would just answer questions as ridiculously as I could and got all points possible.  What an ass.  I literally took every class he had for it was an easy A with no studying.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2