Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I saw an advertisement for the Oscars & "they" said Whoopi would be hosting along with a number of other celebrities!!???

Interesting.  Joy was laughing when she said there was a conspiracy theory that Whoopi was hosting the Oscars … probably because she knew it was true.

15 hours ago, deirdra said:
Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

One of the things that I fear the most about Whoopie's return is that she'll have  so many Welcome to the Views saved up that it'll take up half the show. The other half will be a butt kissing of epic proportions.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

I would think someone with pneumonia so bad they can’t sit in a chair and read a TelePrompter would not be advised to take a transcontinental flight. Admittedly I’ve only had one personal experience with pneumonia but I barely had the energy to bathe and eat a small meal. 

I said already I thought something was off about the Whoopi update. Joy did say she’s on the mend so if she’s in LA Sunday I guess that’s a cover but I find it all a bit weird. Whether she’s really quite ill or recovering from illness or at the Beverly Hills hotel trying on an Oscar dress, Joy half grinning through her update and the other three sitting emotionless like statues is just strange. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SPinCA said:

I would think someone with pneumonia so bad they can’t sit in a chair and read a TelePrompter would not be advised to take a transcontinental flight.

But Whoopi doesn't fly unless she has to. Maybe someone with pneumonia could take their own bus to L.A.?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

Maybe someone with pneumonia could take their own bus to L.A.?

Yeah, and as a perk, take her doctor along to the Oscars!    Doctor, IV set-up, all the comforts of a hospital...on the road!  Oh!  Take Christian Soriano too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego Whoopi Goldberg?

Where's Waldo Whoopi?

I hope Whoopi doesn't hatch a plan to capitalize from this situation.

You mean like ugly "Where's Whoopi?" sweaters?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I saw an advertisement for the Oscars & "they" said Whoopi would be hosting along with a number of other celebrities!!???

Get outta here!  Really?  Well then that makes Joy's already strange statement even more strange! What the hell. 

If she does show up in some sort of significant role on the Oscars, I will be avoiding The View like the plague or a bad case of pneumonia for a good month.  Because I know I will not be able to stomach the accolades and tongue bathing the others will give her, along with the accolades and tongue bathing she will give herself. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I read somewhere, I think it was either in the Oscars Thread or the Movies 2019 Awards thread that the cast of Avengers would be the "hosts" or something like that.

And Jeeze Louise! So many conspiracy theories about Whoopi. I believe she's sick. Sickness and surgery would be the only things to keep her from this show, because as we've learned, she enjoys being Queen Bee. Recall how she acted when Rosie took over Moderator when she had back surgery.

If she were going to host the Oscars, she wouldn't be sneaky about it. Whoopi likes to proclaim stuff she's doing or having others suck up to her and praise her for doing stuff. So until I see otherwise, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Great. Meghan has to ruin the flow of the conversation about Jussie Smollett by saying she assumes all actors hate Trump. Of course you do Meghan - you're an idiot who only looks at people through a political lens. 

She always has to push the narrative that Hollywood is bad. 

Jussie's career is over and now he has no salary and whatever money he has will now be eaten away by defense lawyers and whatever fine he will have to pay to the city of Chicago. I don't think that he should go to prison, His status as a pariah will be his prison.  

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Great. Meghan has to ruin the flow of the conversation about Jussie Smollett by saying she assumes all actors hate Trump. Of course you do Meghan - you're an idiot who only looks at people through a political lens. 

She keeps proving daily that she's an intellectually bankrupt nimrodic maroon. There are actors who don't hate him and supported him. She just assumes everyone in Hollywood--be it actors, directors, producers, etc., are liberals. When anyone with a thinking brain knows that that is just not the case.

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan ruined the flow of the conversation about Jussie Smollett by saying she assumes all actors hate Trump. Of course you do Meghan - you're an idiot who only looks at people through a political lens. 

She just yesterday criticized Joy for assuming the woman in the Kristen Gillibrand ranch dressing video was a Republican.

I hope Meghan gets raked over the coals on Twitter for that asinine remark.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

Ana was the best on the Smollett topic. I'm glad she noted the fact that the rise in hate crimes the past 3 years because of hateful political rhetoric is the reason this story was so easily believed at the beginning.

I thought they were going to talk about the Coast Guard lieutenant after break, but, nope, we're instead talking about Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' father. WTH

Now Meghan Markle. I guess we got served more fluff BS to appease the McCain Brat's fragile ego.

• Love 21

Why does Meghan say the Jussie Smollett case is all about politics?  Yes, there is a political piece with it but that is not the entire case- it is about a false police report. Maybe I'm not explaining it right.

I'd never heard of him before this case.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 10

What the hell is wrong with Megan?  She keeps talking over everybody and refuses to let anybody speaks. She interrupted Abby when she spoke about her uncle supporting her dad's opponent for governor and she would not let Anna tell us about her shower.. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why does Meghan say the Jussie Smollett case is all about politics?  Yes, there is a political piece with it but that is not the entire case it is about a false police report. Maybe I'm not explaining it right.

This is not about politics.  Jussie wanted a story that would get a lot of attention.  He just happened to use MAGA.

• Love 13
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

Not only is Miss Meggie wearing upholstery fabric ... she looks like a friggin' couch topped with a mountain of hair. 

One little addition

Not only is Miss Meggie wearing upholstery fabric ... she looks like a friggin' couch topped with a mountain of hair extensions!

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

The Checklist from the Producers for Todays Show

• Remind us the Viewers that Joy should be the Moderator everyday and that Whoopi is not missed - CHECK
  • Dress up Elsa in Bridgette Bardot hairstyle and happy colors but know that the Viewers will never like her because we know she is the B word - CHECK
  • Make sure Princess 1 and 2 be complimentary and over exaggerated about the panel and "wonderful Robin Roberts but know the Viewers see through all the love for what it is - CHECK
  • Remind the Viewers that the Producers have not told them to talk over each every flippin minute - enough - CHECK
  • Let the world know that Elsa is not controlled by her husband lies lies lies but yet by her actions that she controls the View - CHECK
  • Let the world know they are not threatening Princesess 1 and 2 by bringing up who they are related too - CHECK
  • Let the world know that Elsa runs this show because they could have been talking about so many political things with Anna but do not because Elsa knows she CAN NOT OUTSMART Anna so the show will just have fluff pieces - CHECK
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I think Meghan is still holding a grudge against Hollywood and the like. I remember seeing a clip of her saying how much she hated living in LA because she wasn't invited to parties and such due to her political beliefs. My first thought was, "nope - it's more than likely because you're incredibly annoying and unlikable."

I agree with that. And explains her loving D list reality show stars.  They are the only ones that pay her any attention.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

Meghan: Why should I care what an Isis fighter finds funny?

Because you might learn something?  I guess this is similar to Meg not needing to know about the French Revolution because she didn't live then. 

That docu sounds interesting. Did anyone catch when/where it's on?

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan: Why should I care what an Isis fighter finds funny?

Because you might learn something?  I guess this is similar to Meg not needing to know about the French Revolution because she didn't live then. 

That docu sounds interesting. Did anyone catch when/where it's on?

He should have said “why should I care if you care”?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I guess this is similar to Meg not needing to know about the French Revolution because she didn't live then. 

Actually she said  "I wasn't born then."  when referring to the Watergate Scandal. The French Revolution was from Begala, who used that as an example for her idiocy at not knowing history just because she wasn't born during that time. Sorry @Haleth, but just wanted to clarify. We're better than this twat who is always misquoting or making stuff and words up!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Since when does Meghan McCain like Meghan Markle?    She literally did the silent treatment when they talked about the Royal wedding and said something about our Founding Fathers because she couldn't care less about Meghan Markle. So let's add phony to her list of obnoxious traits.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I will always remember these 2 quotes whenever I watch Megan: one from the Denzel Washington film American Gangster- “ the loudest person in the room, is always the weakest one in the room”  and "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound. "William Shakespeare

Truer words were never spoken.  Right on WW!!!

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I see you Nutmeg. The more she complains and puts down Hollywood the more I’m convinced she wants to be part of the Hollywood crowd. 

The new season of Amy Sedaris' TV series started  this week.  She has a wacky character named Nutmeg and now I can't see that name here without  thinking of her.

.Nutmeg.thumb.JPG.2f4c91b6855212f445d1f47c49ca82d2.JPG

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SPinCA said:

Meghan makes it seem like ‘Hollywood’ people all hatch from an evil egg under the Hollywood sign and sell their souls to the Democrats for a chance at life. 

Methinks this chubby pundint is another sort of (evil egg) hatchling.  She's doing everything to get her tush on any television show that will have her--and her name in the news.  Baby steps....

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

"The empty vessel makes the loudest sound. "William Shakespeare

How much do I love this?  Let me count the ways.    I may refer to MM as Empty Vessel from now on.  Thank you for this!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually she said  "I wasn't born then."  when referring to the Watergate Scandal. The French Revolution was from Begala, who used that as an example for her idiocy at not knowing history just because she wasn't born during that time. Sorry @Haleth, but just wanted to clarify. We're better than this twat who is always misquoting or making stuff and words up!

Thanks, Scorp. I couldn’t remember what it was exactly that Meg dismissed.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Since when does Meghan McCain like Meghan Markle?    She literally did the silent treatment when they talked about the Royal wedding and said something about our Founding Fathers because she couldn't care less about Meghan Markle. So let's add phony to her list of obnoxious traits.

She went on a diatribe about the founding fathers and the war of independence. It made no sense since the British have not been a threat to this country since the war of 1812.  Plus, the USA and England have strong ties as allies. A political analyst  like Megan should be a student of history.  So, her hatred of the British is bizarre, even for her.  Megan hates anything that is not America and Republicanism.  Megan has issues, we all have our demons, but, she is a piece of work..

• Love 16
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Why does Meghan say the Jussie Smollett case is all about politics?  {snip} ... it is about a false police report. {snip}

And that, OnTime, is one reason poor Jussie came up with his silly scheme.  Now everyone will hear of him.  This will all be very sad.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ana was the best on the Smollett topic. I'm glad she noted the fact that the rise in hate crimes the past 3 years because of hateful political rhetoric is the reason this story was so easily believed at the beginning.

I thought they were going to talk about the Coast Guard lieutenant after break, but, nope, we're instead talking about Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' father. WTH

Now Meghan Markle. I guess we got served more fluff BS to appease the McCain Brat's fragile ego.

But she cares not for the British royal family!  She has pictures of the flag and our forefathers on her walls!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4