Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: We Hold These Truths

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On 2/23/2019 at 11:41 AM, cathmed said:

Surprised Terry was gay and funny how Sebastian was hitting on Dr. Choi--and the embarrassment Choi felt.   

IMO it was not funny at all...in fact, I was cringing through the whole thing. Whether you're gay, straight or anything else, it is NEVER ok to blatantly hit on someone like that, let alone in a business/professional setting.

Imagine the outrage if it were a straight man in this situation, to a woman...

Re: Maggie - I took 30 seconds to Google "kidney donor recuperation time" and learned it's 4-6 weeks. You'd think the writers could have done this too.

• Love 4

I thought this was one of the best Chicago Med episodes ever. Not that it was great or had no flaws, but it was much better than a normal week. I didn't find myself constantly rolling my eyes. It has some nice medical moments and the human ones were pretty good--esp since no Manning/Will scenes. I actually kind of liked Manning at the end being "I'm breaking boundaries and don't care." It just had more spark than normal. I also like any time the junior resident-type person (can't remember if he's a medical student or what) is shown learning/being trained and doing an ok job.

My one "how come. . " moment was when they were stuck waiting on the bomb unit to clear the area. No one suggested at least sending the wounded who could walk out the back entrance. There has to be one and just seemed like a legit way to get people further away and to wear you could help them reach an ambulance.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 11:33 AM, SnarkySheep said:

IMO it was not funny at all...in fact, I was cringing through the whole thing. Whether you're gay, straight or anything else, it is NEVER ok to blatantly hit on someone like that, let alone in a business/professional setting.

Imagine the outrage if it were a straight man in this situation, to a woman...

Well, I found it humorous that cool, composed Choi was so flustered with Sebastian's unabashedly harmless and shameless flirting with which even Terry agreed.  Clearly, Sebastian was smitten with Choi and I didn't see it as any type of sexual harassment just someone in whom (Sebastian) was interested.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2019 at 11:11 AM, cathmed said:

Well, I found it humorous that cool, composed Choi was so flustered with Sebastian's unabashedly harmless and shameless flirting with which even Terry agreed.  Clearly, Sebastian was smitten with Choi and I didn't see it as any type of sexual harassment just someone in whom (Sebastian) was interested.

Sebastian was commenting on Choi's ass, in his hearing...sorry, IMO that is never appropriate. 

• Love 3
On 3/6/2019 at 9:17 AM, SnarkySheep said:

Sebastian was commenting on Choi's ass, in his hearing...sorry, IMO that is never appropriate. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on deciphering Sebastian's behavior.   If he had made the ass remark to Choi's face, that would definitely be a different story.  I don't believe Choi heard him say that and I think the conversation, i.e., "yeah, Sebastian was coming on strong--even for me" between Terry and Choi would have been vastly different if it was harassment.   Agree, though, that harassment is never appropriate.

I know doctors and nurses who date coworkers, but I have never heard of any of them dating patients or family of patients. I am obviously a very small sample size, though. Nevertheless, it strikes me as unprofessional and unethical for Natalie to get involved with this patient's father, and even if it wasn't, his wife only just died a few weeks ago. I can't get over that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Superpole2000 said:

I know doctors and nurses who date coworkers, but I have never heard of any of them dating patients or family of patients. I am obviously a very small sample size, though. Nevertheless, it strikes me as unprofessional and unethical for Natalie to get involved with this patient's father, and even if it wasn't, his wife only just died a few weeks ago. I can't get over that.

Of course it's completely unprofessional and unethical but then again this entire show is one hippa violation after another. 

• Love 1