Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Better Angels

metaphor

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Will they have to open the crossing again to all team up to get the antidote?

If there had been a third season (I'm not a believer in "shopping around" shows these days), I think the season finale would be reopening the crossing.

• Love 1

I figured the last scene, with the people in the park rushing to Yanek’s side and then the camera panning out, showing the tall apartment buildings and the rest of the city in the distance, was the message that the disease was going to be spread throughout the land.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I figured the last scene, with the people in the park rushing to Yanek’s side and then the camera panning out, showing the tall apartment buildings and the rest of the city in the distance, was the message that the disease was going to be spread throughout the land.

Or it ends where Yanek started it all by killing Yanek 2?

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Just FYI, that exact scene (panning out to show all of the park and the apartment buildings) was a duplication of the shot where we first see Yanek meet the CIA guy and get the camera.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2020 at 2:33 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Well, this series/this finale seems prophetic now. Hopefully it won't be as devastating as the Prime outbreak.

I've been thinking the same thing, especially since I saw Prime Video had picked up the show & started occasionally rewatching it, with the scenes of things like masked parishioners going to a church to light candles for lost loved ones.

So is there an odd little UN sub-agency operating out of a former research center in Wuhan, China?

• Love 1
On 3/27/2020 at 1:33 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Well, this series/this finale seems prophetic now. Hopefully it won't be as devastating as the Prime outbreak.

Yep — I came back to this board to see if anyone else noticed it too!

The kids on the park with masks -- and immediately shunning the one who coughed -- did seem rather on the nose for now, especially as I look at an ad for masks above the reply box 🙂

• Love 1
12 hours ago, whiporee said:

The kids on the park with masks -- and immediately shunning the one who coughed -- did seem rather on the nose for now, especially as I look at an ad for masks above the reply box 🙂

Is that in the "Better Angels" episode? I just did a quick scan but couldn't find it.
I loved the series.

First I binged watched 12 Monkeys, then I binge watched Counterpart. and then I decided the current pandemic could be worse, actually.

Loved both series, but liked the finale of 12 Monkeys better.  Great arc of the entire four seasons.  Counterpart's last couple of episodes had a lot of illogical steps, as noted above.  I did enjoy coming here to hear everyone's thoughts from last year.

Now that I've watched the time travel dystopian pandemic, and the alternate worlds pandemic, what next?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/4/2020 at 12:58 AM, CatWarmer said:

Now that I've watched the time travel dystopian pandemic, and the alternate worlds pandemic, what next?  

If you haven't seen it, I recommend the Matt Damon movie Contagion.  It is eerie that it was made 10 years ago and yet seems like it's a documentary filmed this year.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

If you haven't seen it, I recommend the Matt Damon movie Contagion.  It is eerie that it was made 10 years ago and yet seems like it's a documentary filmed this year.  

I have indeed seen Contagion (for the first time a couple of years ago) and have thought of it from the start this year.  What’s surreal is that some scenes were filmed in the little town next to where we used to live, along with other parts of Chicago. So there was Matt Damon walking down the same street I’ve walked down.

After seeing the movie, I remembered the articles in the local paper about the filming.

12 minutes ago, CatWarmer said:

What’s surreal is that some scenes were filmed in the little town next to where we used to live,

Now I have to ask, where did you live?  Because I also live in a town next to where they filmed.  THAT is surreal.

2 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Now I have to ask, where did you live?  Because I also live in a town next to where they filmed.  THAT is surreal.

We lived in Hinsdale for 27 years.  But now we've been in San Diego for five years.

Edited by CatWarmer
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Hah!  I've lived in Hinsdale since '92.   We could've passed each other in Kramer's. 

We likely did; shopped there often - it was a small town!  Son graduated HC in 2006.  We moved away in 2015.