Type keyword(s) to search

[FIXED] Activity Streams Issues

FormerMod-a1

Chrome and MS Edge & Windows 10

Since the upgrade I often get the error below when using Activity Streams.  It doesn't matter if I got "back" to it (via the browser back button) or select it anew.  It doesn't matter how long I've been on.  If I clear cache and cookies I can usually get them to work once or twice, but then get the errors again.  Early on, if I waited a moment and refreshed they would come back, but now once that error hits I can't get away from it aside from closing the browser and trying again and that doesn't always work.  Initially I thought it was the re-indexing issue, but it seems to have gotten worse. 

A few things to note:

1.  It used to happen about 1/2 the time (and then a refresh would work) and now it's is probably 90% of the time and refreshes don't work.  Even clearing cache and cookies only makes it works once or twice after that.. 
  2.  It doesn't matter which stream I select, but it does seem to be the worst on the one where I select my custom Content I Follow (past 3 days) stream (I linked it, even though it will look different for you and be based on the forums you follow).   This one selects all the forums I follow (but not the threads I follow - I have a different one for that). But again, it does happen with all. 
  3. It takes a while for the error to appear, it spins for quite a while before it errors out.
  4.  It's also worse on Chrome than Edge. 
  5. It happens on all devices I tried (2 laptops, 1 droid tablet)

Error message:
error1.thumb.jpg.a3fe217afe432ae671cd6a9279b9b305.jpg

Test (in case you want to copy/paste):

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 
If you received this error while trying to use an app or access a website, please contact the provider or website owner for assistance. 
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by following steps in the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html). 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: XJsPvrNb4vunIbg_URUI80mcivcxo0OYUpmR-1rt1ofjYiwdt4pM8Q==

On 2/16/2019 at 4:10 PM, aquarian1 said:

Chrome and MS Edge & Windows 10

Since the upgrade I often get the error below when using Activity Streams.  It doesn't matter if I got "back" to it (via the browser back button) or select it anew.  It doesn't matter how long I've been on.  If I clear cache and cookies I can usually get them to work once or twice, but then get the errors again.  Early on, if I waited a moment and refreshed they would come back, but now once that error hits I can't get away from it aside from closing the browser and trying again and that doesn't always work.  Initially I thought it was the re-indexing issue, but it seems to have gotten worse. 

A few things to note:

1.  It used to happen about 1/2 the time (and then a refresh would work) and now it's is probably 90% of the time and refreshes don't work.  Even clearing cache and cookies only makes it works once or twice after that.. 
  2.  It doesn't matter which stream I select, but it does seem to be the worst on the one where I select my custom Content I Follow (past 3 days) stream (I linked it, even though it will look different for you and be based on the forums you follow).   This one selects all the forums I follow (but not the threads I follow - I have a different one for that). But again, it does happen with all. 
  3. It takes a while for the error to appear, it spins for quite a while before it errors out.
  4.  It's also worse on Chrome than Edge. 
  5. It happens on all devices I tried (2 laptops, 1 droid tablet)

Error message:
error1.thumb.jpg.a3fe217afe432ae671cd6a9279b9b305.jpg

Test (in case you want to copy/paste):

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 
If you received this error while trying to use an app or access a website, please contact the provider or website owner for assistance. 
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by following steps in the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html). 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: XJsPvrNb4vunIbg_URUI80mcivcxo0OYUpmR-1rt1ofjYiwdt4pM8Q==

Same thing happening to me. 

I am doing ok with the other changes. 

• Love 1

Since the update, I haven't been able to create an activity stream that does what I want, which is to show every unread post in my followed areas since my last visit. My previous stream stopped working.

I've tried every combination I can think of but have only managed to set up (1) a feed that shows a single unread post in each area even though there are many, or (2) a feed with multiple posts but still not all unread, with some topics missed entirely. I have two custom feeds now that reflect each of the above, but it's still not all unread content. They also don't contain any crossover posts, which seems odd.

I use RSS to read content and since the update, the feeds no longer are automatically updated; I need to restart my newsreader in order to see new posts.

Low priority, but I appreciate any advice.

Edited by 2727

I am getting the error, but not as often as I was when I posted about the issue.  I can actually get some browsing/reading done before it starts erroring out frequently.  Refresh also fixes it sometimes (i.e. get the error, hit refresh and the stream comes up).