Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Smells Like Teen Spirit

• Start Topic

None of this makes sense. I have so many questions.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:02 AM, Cristofle said:

On a pure logistics level, the timing of Rosa's final hours are confusing to me. Unless Max and Michael can see the future, that wasn't Max getting back to his car right after Rosa confronted him, because she needed to go up to the roof and hide his letter, hook up with the two girls who were pushing her to deal, somehow encounter Isobel, and end up in the cave. Isobel did not appear to have taken her own car there - did all four of them go there together? 

This has been bothering me since the letter reveal since apparently she came out drunk and confronted Max about the letter but then didn't go out and instead hid the letter but somehow still ended up being murdered that same night? I'm assuming that Isobel (or whoever was in Isobel) murdered the two girls as payback for them bullying Rosa and the Rosa found out and confronted her? Or something? Why was Rosa even there? It makes little sense to me and considering this show's slipshod attention to detail I hold out no hope they'll ever really explain it.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Callaphera said:

Question: What was 19 year old Rosa doing at the high school during school hours? Was she held back? Or was she there because the two girls were hoping she was still dealing and then went all weird threatening on her, like who threatens their dealer? 

I was so confused through that whole thing. Why is Maria Rosa's best friend when Maria was in Liz's class? And then Rosa was at the school? I spent half the episode wondering if Liz and Rosa were actually the same age but then they said Rosa was 19? None of it makes sense. "I thought these two highschool students were my friends but it turns out I'm just their drug dealer". Were there no people Rosa's age in Roswell? 

On 2/28/2019 at 2:36 AM, kj4ever said:

So the big love story was Max and Liz hung out at the desert for a day and talked about a road trip?  Seriously?  This makes Max look even more pathetic, which I didn't think was possible.  Liz still comes off as a self absorbed ass, but considering Max set her sister up to be a murderer she shall surpass Max in the pathetic department if they ever do get together.

Judging from your other comments you'll probably think differently but this is why the Alex/Michael love story resonates way more with me. They had a real teen relationship going complete with lust and attraction and a genuinely traumatic incident that pulled them apart. I have no idea why YA shows always put their effort into the second romances rather than the main ones. Max and Liz talked once? Wow, that separation was tragic. 

On 2/28/2019 at 10:25 AM, ellieart said:

Sorry, yes, Carina Adly MacKenzie...the showrunner and one of the writers.  I honestly think the way she's done this show is sloppy in general.  Her choices with it is actually causing me to struggle liking it.  Because the way it's written, it truly does seem like Maria was solely Rosa's friend and Liz was just there.  Nothing about Liz and Maria screams former best friends in any way at all.  Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

This. The whole show. I never know why people are doing something or what happened offscreen or who knows what. Sloppy sloppy. Sloppy.

• Love 2