Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Obsessive Habits

• Start Topic

Did anyone notice Whitney and her cat when Todd came over? At one point, the camera went to her and she looked like she was borderline making out with the poor animal. I had to rewind it because I couldn’t believe my eyes. It looked intense (on her end, of course). 😳

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, krushin said:

The production crew was at it again with this shot and the background music. I was dying 

974CFC3E-F698-4285-BA71-3FBEB4400B1F.jpeg

Hold up.  THOSE are the stairs she couldn't walk up normally??  I was on a trip last year in Scotland and managed the same kind of steps just fine.  I'm not Twitney-sized, but I'm on the plumper side of things.  Hell, I hiked Chimney Rock years ago and did better, even weighing more.  Every time I think I can't be amazed at how little she can do.....she surprises me again.  

• Love 7
On 2/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, the-grey-lady said:

"What's altitude?" "I'm going to do a marathon in a week and a half! I should start training!" "My problem is that I don't eat enough."

She knows good and well what "altitude" is. She lives in North Carolina where it is normal for people to take weekend trips to the mountains. I'm sure she's herd talk about altitude her whole life. Were we supposed to think she was being cute asking that question? Didn't work, Whit. You just look like an idiot. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, kattybiz said:

Hold up.  THOSE are the stairs she couldn't walk up normally??  I was on a trip last year in Scotland and managed the same kind of steps just fine.  I'm not Twitney-sized, but I'm on the plumper side of things.  Hell, I hiked Chimney Rock years ago and did better, even weighing more.  Every time I think I can't be amazed at how little she can do.....she surprises me again.  

That was what I thought. Yet another example of how she’s wasting her time with her stupid workouts. If you can’t climb a stair like that you need to be focusing on functional exercise not clean and jerks. She doesn’t need a trainer. She needs a physical and occupational therapist. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

That was what I thought. Yet another example of how she’s wasting her time with her stupid workouts. If you can’t climb a stair like that you need to be focusing on functional exercise not clean and jerks. She doesn’t need a trainer. She needs a physical and occupational therapist. 

If she can't climb a stair like that she needs to lose weight and stop putting her immense load on each leg. She thinks it's impressive doing 300lb leg presses, that's only 150 lb per leg. Each time she steps up she's putting at least double that which is why she can't do it. She never fails to surprise me with her level of unpreparedness. Going up? Steps? I'd be on a stair climber, or better yet, actual stairs for weeks ahead of the event. 

I can't wait to see the 5 mile bike ride and 5 mile hike. She's been doing zero real-world training so far for the bike ride and only just done a hike during which she crawled up the stairs. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

If she can't climb a stair like that she needs to lose weight and stop putting her immense load on each leg. She thinks it's impressive doing 300lb leg presses, that's only 150 lb per leg. Each time she steps up she's putting at least double that which is why she can't do it. She never fails to surprise me with her level of unpreparedness. Going up? Steps? I'd be on a stair climber, or better yet, actual stairs for weeks ahead of the event. 

I can't wait to see the 5 mile bike ride and 5 mile hike. She's been doing zero real-world training so far for the bike ride and only just done a hike during which she crawled up the stairs. 

I’m terrified to see the bike ride. What kind of giant bike seat could even hold up her gargantuan ass??? Is she excited about that because it will basically be a bike seat up her ass and vagina? What kind of tires will this bike have? Maybe a recumbent with beach type tires? I have seen photos etc of the Alaska trip but nothing with her on a bike. I’m wondering if that part actually happened. Certainly she didn’t ride for 5 miles but it seems unlikely they could even find a bike for her at all. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Didn't she bring a custom made bike with her when she visited Buddy in DC and they went on a ride together?

That’s possible. I didn’t see that episode. Alaska is a very long way to lug a bike but I guess it’s possible. 

23 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I cant even engage with his episode on its own merits because it's so transparently phony at this point that I just can't suspend disbelief.  

So I'll focus on what they showed us that they didn't realize they were showing us.

Interesting, and possibly unintentional, juxtaposition between Whitney acting like she's crushing it on the leg press machine by pushing more weight than her actual body weights; followed by Whitney's legs being too unconditioned to control her weight while walking down a decline.  

And more evidence of Whitney's functional disability:  Near the top of that climb Whitney had to ascend a few rock stairs.  Some of those rock stairs didn't look to be any higher than the risers on regular stairs.  But Whitney had to lean forward, put her hands on the rocks in front of her, and sort of pivot her leg out to the side and heft it up the stair.  This woman Can't. Climb. Stairs.  But her dance career is just taking off!

She reminded me of a big toddler trying to climb for the first time. This is the person that wants repel off a cliff? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, kattybiz said:

I think a lot of the problem is carrying that much weight at her height.  Taller people can remain much more mobile even at the same BMI.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

That’s possible. I didn’t see that episode. Alaska is a very long way to lug a bike but I guess it’s possible. 

Maybe the producers ship it ahead of her. [sarcastifont on] It's not as if she needs it to work out on, or anything. [sarcastifont off]

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well, a qualified trainer would have her concentrating on functional movement. There's even a screening process that we used when I was a trainer called....wait for it.... Functional Movement Screening

If I were her trainer, I would have her doing simple step-ups, starting with something easy, like  6" step. Lots of balance work. Planks. Treadmill. HIIT water aerobics. Stair climber. Squats (properly executed) and wall sits. But that's just me. I'm only NASM and AEA certified. ;D

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Well, a qualified trainer would have her concentrating on functional movement. There's even a screening process that we used when I was a trainer called....wait for it.... Functional Movement Screening

If I were her trainer, I would have her doing simple step-ups, starting with something easy, like  6" step. Lots of balance work. Planks. Treadmill. HIIT water aerobics. Stair climber. Squats (properly executed) and wall sits. But that's just me. I'm only NASM and AEA certified. ;D

Gee who would have thunk. Functional movement screening. Sometimes I wonder if her therapists and trainers etc have tried to talk her into stuff like this and she does the lalalala response and barrels full force into whatever she wants. 

I still believe that she quit therapy because her therapist was trying to get her to see her problems so it seems likely any fitness people who have tried to tell her something reasonable would be dropped like a hot rock too. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, minamreeka said:

I think a lot of the problem is carrying that much weight at her height.  Taller people can remain much more mobile even at the same BMI.

Actually I think her height allows her to convince herself she isn’t as bad off as she thinks. After all the people on that other TLC show are 600+ lbs. That isn’t her. But for her height she’s much much closer to being as bad off to a ‘600 lbs life’ person as the numbers indicate. I did the math recently and for me to have the same BMI as her I would have to weigh 475lbs. If she was 475 lbs it would be much harder for her to convince herself it was ok. But since she’s short and “only “ 350, she can convince herself she’s not so bad. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I still believe that she quit therapy because her therapist was trying to get her to see her problems so it seems likely any fitness people who have tried to tell her something reasonable would be dropped like a hot rock too. 

I believe that too.   She would have to face things about herself that are unpleasant and she can't handle it. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, John M said:

Is working out even worth it for her? At her weight it seems like going on an hour long walk every day listening to a podcast would be just as useful and way cheaper and less stressful.

Yes, but what kind of audience would ooh and aah over Whitney walking? There's nothing fabulous about walking! (And it would have to be a lot less than an hour to start with - she's already demonstrated she can't walk for that long without dissolving into a hysterical puddle of wailing, weeping and excuses.) She's not serious about her health and fitness; she's just an exhibitionist that wants to pretend she is.

• Love 7

Having to toddler crawl up those stairs seems like a lot more work than just normal walking steps to be honest. Use a walking stick maybe, because bending over and using your hands to balance seems like a lot more effort. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, alabetser said:

Having to toddler crawl up those stairs seems like a lot more work than just normal walking steps to be honest. Use a walking stick maybe, because bending over and using your hands to balance seems like a lot more effort. 

It's not for balance, exactly; it's becuz she can't lift her foot high enuf to step up.

📌 A forgotten random thoght:

One of the phoninest moments of this whole phony, contrived episode was when Buddy offered to paint over the phony graffiti & said he'd go get a can of spray paint from the garage.

Dude! Did you, Twit & PMG (prod. co.) all forget there is no garage. And you don't store paint cans in "dance studios."

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She knows good and well what "altitude" is. She lives in North Carolina where it is normal for people to take weekend trips to the mountains. I'm sure she's herd talk about altitude her whole life. Were we supposed to think she was being cute asking that question? Didn't work, Whit. You just look like an idiot. 

Especially because she went to college in Boone, NC, which is IN THE MOUNTAINS. Just checked and the elevation there is 3,333 feet. I mean, it’s not super-high altitude, but is she really planning her Whit-a-thon up a fourteener in Alaska? I think it’s all a set-up for her to scream, “it’s the altitude!” when she can’t breathe or finish the course or whatever. 

ETA: And Boone is surrounded by larger mountains that are higher than 5,000 ft. Isn’t that where she went skiiing? I’m waiting for the revisionist history regarding ski-gate- “I couldn’t stand up because of the altitude!”

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 6
On 2/19/2019 at 6:36 PM, aliya said:

What does she mean by having a chance to be successful in Alaska?  Tons of older people go to Alaska every year and have a good time walking around the glaciers and waving to seals from boat decks. Sounds like fun to me and I bet they feel they've had a successful vacation. Why does she have to do such physical things w/out being in shape for them? I don't care what she does at home, I bet she won't do well on any extended activity in AK. 

We are those "older people" who go to Alaska.  We're going for our 55th anniversary in August, and it will be our THIRD time to ride the "Ziprider" in Icy Strait Point.  It requires very little physical exertion, but you have to be under 275 pounds.  So Twit couldn't do it.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Yes, but what kind of audience would ooh and aah over Whitney walking? There's nothing fabulous about walking! (And it would have to be a lot less than an hour to start with - she's already demonstrated she can't walk for that long without dissolving into a hysterical puddle of wailing, weeping and excuses.) She's not serious about her health and fitness; she's just an exhibitionist that wants to pretend she is.

THAT.  Sums everything up quite nicely.  Novelty of the original "Fat Girl Dancing" is long over.   Now it's all about desperately trying to hold onto her to show, creating situations that we will want to watch, even if it's in disgust. This is literally her only livelihood.  If a few friends have to be thrown under the bus in the process to make things more interesting, well that's just collateral damage.  Hey that's what they're getting paid for, right?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We are those "older people" who go to Alaska.  We're going for our 55th anniversary in August, and it will be our THIRD time to ride the "Ziprider" in Icy Strait Point.  It requires very little physical exertion, but you have to be under 275 pounds.  So Twit couldn't do it.

I frequently regret that I didn't go to Alaska when I lived in Seattle and it would be less expensive to get there. I'm retiring this summer; so maybe then.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, TurtlePower said:

We've all seen Whit ride her bike. So, we've all heard Whit yammer or bellow that she doesn't "do" hills. Has anyone mentioned to Whitney that Alaska is, well, pretty darn hilly?

• Love 6