Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Return of Crazy Kristen

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

PS. Whenever I see your screen name I keep seeing 'Librarian Slut', haha.

You wouldn't be wrong.  I actually walk around with my mother-in-law's library card, in addition to my own, in order to maximize my library usage, so "Librarian Slut" is a name to which I'll cheerfully respond!

13 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

I agree. I also don’t think that because he steamed Stassi’s clothes means that he has no job. 

My husband and I are both lawyers who work full time. Neither of us are on LinkedIn, and we both steam each other’s clothes all of the time if the other needs help. The idea that a man wouldn’t do laundry/iron/steam UNLESS he doesn’t work is backward 1950s thinking, IMO. 

I think we are on two completely different tangents here.  I posted that I didn't see evidence of Beau having a job, in part due to the fact that he has time to steam Stassi's dress, (in addition to not having a LinkedIn account, I couldn't find his name attached to an agency, he never mentions a job or work, and there are no indications from the show that he works).  I gathered, from the totality of the circumstances, that he was under or unemployed, and twice asked other posters for their feedback.

I never asserted that any single factor was dispositive of Beau's employment status, and when posters such as @ghoulina and @HunterHunted gave me feedback and insight regarding facts about which I may have not been aware, I acknowledged it and felt that they were helpful.  I don't have a LinkedIn profile, and I am gainfully employed.  I just thought that someone who was in that line of work would have LinkedIn profile, as his job appears to involve extensive networking.  Again, it doesn't mean anything in and of itself, as @HunterHunted pointed out with regard to the Shahs.  

With all of this in mind, how, in any way, is it "backward" or "1950s" thinking to go off of what the show is giving me in terms of the time commitment that Beau seems to be willing to give to Stassi/the show?  And who said that a man doesn't work if he presses a woman's clothes?? With all due, I never said that, and I'm not enthusiastic about someone taking liberties with my words.  Maybe someone else said that, but, to quote Johnny Depp playing George Jung, quoting Bob Dylan in the movie Blow, "it ain't me, babe." 🙂

If Beau had walked into Stassi's apartment with a slain deer hanging over his shoulder and said, "woman, fire up the barbecue, because I just caught you a mean dinner," I would have just as quickly pointed to the fact that the man seems to have an abundance of spare time, which is evidence, to me, that he's not working full-time.  I never got into judging the substance of Beau's activities, so that is where I feel like we have dovetailed.  

Anyone who knows me from the Real Housewives of New Jersey threads can attest to the fact that there is one husband who alleges that he works "fifteen hour days," and I have pointed out repeatedly that for all the time he has to sit around on various couches and beds while watching his wife pack for trips and bitching about his sister (all during the day), that this is not a man who works 15 hour days.  

On the day I say that Beau has emasculated himself for steaming Stassi's dresses, as that is solely work for the womenfolk, I hope someone calls me out on being backwards.  Until then, I am going to assume that anyone who attributes backward motives to me for claiming a man seems to have a lot of spare time is probably factually incorrect or confused. 

By the by, my husband does 100% of the ironing in our household.  And he swears he's a man.  I tend to believe him.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Omg I can’t stand Katie. She is such a condescending bitch. I would be so enraged if my friend called my boyfriend in that matter. She seemed so much better last season. What happened this year?

Krazy Kristen is krazy andneeds to deal with her James/Carter shut but she wasn’t THAT bad in this episode. I don’t she where Miss BJs for PJs gets off calling her trashy when she is currently on probation with MyManRan for breaking hurricane proof glass while wasted.

Brittany and Jax’s relationship does not seemed any better based on their argumentative FaceTime in the store and Jax sweating bullets because he is near drunk women. 

The worst part of the episode was everyone’s fashion in Solvang. Only Stassi’s outfit was fine. Schena’s and Ariana’s outfits would have also been fine without the awful boots. Kristen’s was meh. The other three were all awful!! Wow. 

Edited by iloveit
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

You wouldn't be wrong.  I actually walk around with my mother-in-law's library card, in addition to my own, in order to maximize my library usage, so "Librarian Slut" is a name to which I'll cheerfully respond!

I think we are on two completely different tangents here.  I posted that I didn't see evidence of Beau having a job, in part due to the fact that he has time to steam Stassi's dress, (in addition to not having a LinkedIn account, I couldn't find his name attached to an agency, he never mentions a job or work, and there are no indications from the show that he works).  I gathered, from the totality of the circumstances, that he was under or unemployed, and twice asked other posters for their feedback.

I never asserted that any single factor was dispositive of Beau's employment status, and when posters such as @ghoulina and @HunterHunted gave me feedback and insight regarding facts about which I may have not been aware, I acknowledged it and felt that they were helpful.  I don't have a LinkedIn profile, and I am gainfully employed.  I just thought that someone who was in that line of work would have LinkedIn profile, as his job appears to involve extensive networking.  Again, it doesn't mean anything in and of itself, as @HunterHunted pointed out with regard to the Shahs.  

With all of this in mind, how, in any way, is it "backward" or "1950s" thinking to go off of what the show is giving me in terms of the time commitment that Beau seems to be willing to give to Stassi/the show?  And who said that a man doesn't work if he presses a woman's clothes?? With all due, I never said that, and I'm not enthusiastic about someone taking liberties with my words.  Maybe someone else said that, but, to quote Johnny Depp playing George Jung, quoting Bob Dylan in the movie Blow, "it ain't me, babe." 🙂

If Beau had walked into Stassi's apartment with a slain deer hanging over his shoulder and said, "woman, fire up the barbecue, because I just caught you a mean dinner," I would have just as quickly pointed to the fact that the man seems to have an abundance of spare time, which is evidence, to me, that he's not working full-time.  I never got into judging the substance of Beau's activities, so that is where I feel like we have dovetailed.  

Anyone who knows me from the Real Housewives of New Jersey threads can attest to the fact that there is one husband who alleges that he works "fifteen hour days," and I have pointed out repeatedly that for all the time he has to sit around on various couches and beds while watching his wife pack for trips and bitching about his sister (all during the day), that this is not a man who works 15 hour days.  

On the day I say that Beau has emasculated himself for steaming Stassi's dresses, as that is solely work for the womenfolk, I hope someone calls me out on being backwards.  Until then, I am going to assume that anyone who attributes backward motives to me for claiming a man seems to have a lot of spare time is probably factually incorrect or confused. 

By the by, my husband does 100% of the ironing in our household.  And he swears he's a man.  I tend to believe him.  

I apologize for misinterprepting your initial post. I thought you wrote that YOU thought his job is to be Stassi’s boyfriend, and THAT’s why he had no problem with steaming her outfit, not that he wouldn’t have had TIME to steam if he actually had a job. 

I’m glad that you don’t have to iron. 🙂 We can’t deal with ironing at all, which is why I bought an industrial steamer. Lol. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, iloveit said:

Omg I can’t stand Katie. She is such a condescending bitch. I would be so enraged if my friend called my boyfriend in that matter. She seemed so much better last season. What happened this year?

She seems to have a case of the "I'm a married woman so therefore I'm very wise and knowledgeable about healthy relationships." What an idiot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SimonSeymour said:

I apologize for misinterprepting your initial post. I thought you wrote that YOU thought his job is to be Stassi’s boyfriend, and THAT’s why he had no problem with steaming her outfit, not that he wouldn’t have had TIME to steam if he actually had a job. 

I’m glad that you don’t have to iron. 🙂 We can’t deal with ironing at all, which is why I bought an industrial steamer. Lol. 

S'all good.  Sorry if I went a little Lala in my response when I could have been more...I dunno.  No one on this show isn't out of their mind, so I can't think of a good example...

• Love 3
On 2/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Kristen left the Uber car door open?

I'm positive that she has a low Uber rating.  

On 2/19/2019 at 4:06 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

Thank you @biakbiak and @Marley for the quick Beau info.

I don't follow them (or anyone) on social media, and I don't listen to Stassi's podcast.  Forgive me, and I'm not trying to go down the rabbit hole with this, but is there any evidence that Beau is actually out there working 40 or more hours a week?  I did my own little Internet search, and the Internet said that Beau doesn't have a LinkedIn profile, which I find strange, and one story reported that it is difficult to find info on him. He is not listed on his own agency's website (that I could find).  I would think someone in that industry would be easily accessible and present on the Internet for their career, not as Stassi's boyfriend, which is all that seems to pop up. 

I get the impression--and someone feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong--that Beau works on "projects" (no shade; I just get the feeling he's a 1099 employee), and I get the further impression that he is between projects right now, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was between projects this whole season.  I only know what I see, and it seems Beau is everywhere and readily available for filming day and night. Nothing on the show leads me to believe he waking up at 5:15 every day to fight LA traffic or making other career sacrifices.  I could be wrong.

(This whole train of thought could also be colored by my cousins, two of whom got B.A.'s and sort of ran around LA doing "important-sounding things" when they were really glorified assistants doing very close to nothing).

I am just that cynical person who, if a guy tells me he's "in finance," I take that to mean he pays his cable bill online, and "sports marketing" means he hands out Gatorade to minor league baseball players until I see evidence pointing otherwise. So I'm not completely ready to give up the ghost when I hear "commercial casting," but I'd like to be wrong.  I hope this is a guy who is making his own money, living in his own place (with no help from mom and dad), who really, truly is there for the right reasons.

I mean, it would be nice to see that once on this show in seven seasons...

You need to up your Google game.  Of course the results relating to Stassi are going to come up first and bump all the real stuff down, it's the newest most "relevant" info about him.  Try Beau Clark -Stassi Los Angeles (without the Los Angeles there's a lot of cowboy stuff to weed through).  You'll find that he works at the agency others have posted, that he's half Italian and goes to Europe several times a year (often to Italy to visit family), and that he pursued acting at one point and was in a production in 2009 that appears to have toured several states.  I stopped clicking after that.    

As for having a lot of free time, a lot of industry jobs tend to be flexible and with filming for VPR being scheduled in advance, it doesn't seem ludicrous that he'd be able to make that work.  Also, he wouldn't get up at 5:15 to fight LA traffic.  Given his industry, the type of work he does in it, and that he works for what looks like a smaller agency he probably doesn't start until after 9 and he probably also has the option to do some work from home.  On a profile that I found via google it says he lives in WeHo - I assume that's still true given his friend group.  He could leave at 9 and roll in to work around 9:30 (I know the office location from their website).  

I clicked on his agency's instagram link on their website.  Here is a picture of Beau at work during the VPR filming season

On 2/19/2019 at 7:21 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Kristen wants to know why Lisa will forgive James but not forgive her.  I have an idea:

I've never seen or read anything advising the mechanisms re casting the first season of VR - we know it was "linked" into an episode of PHOBH and did a seamless transition with Scheana coming over to SUR from Villa Blanca.  I'm assuming that LVP thought the particular core group of friends - Stassi, Jax, Tom, Katie, Tom, Kristen would work, throwing Scheana in for drama.  After all, Arianna (Scheana's friend) wasn't part of the first season (or second I don't think), and I was at a loss why Scheana would even try to infiltrate that group unless it was scripted she do so.  She still has whatever friends at Villa Blanca,   Maybe LVP wanted to give Scheana her reality chance and moving her to SUR was the only way to do this.

That being said, you have this core group.  I think who Lisa really wanted was Stassi and Jax, the two Toms and Katie.  I don't think she's liked Kristen from the get-go or that  the show has anything to do with it.  Unfortunately, to have Sandoval in the show, she had to have his girlfriend at the time as well, and that was Kristen.  We've seen clips of Kristen being out and out snotty and insubordinate to Lisa and others and Lisa doesn't fire her (probably because Sandoval would quit too, and he is a skilled and inventive bartender if nothing else).  Kristen knows that without her relationship with Sandoval, she has no role on the show.  

Enter James.  Originally brought in as a bus boy, but he is Max's best friend and old friend of the family to Lisa, and he gets a non-credit slot in the second season.  Then, when Sandoval has has enough and kicks Kristen to the curb (and Arianna became the reason of convenience), Kristen knows her slot on the show is now in jeopardy so she latches on to James, because even as a minor player with the group, she has reason to appear on camera.  Also you don't know if the breakup with Tom will last.  When it appears it will, Kristen goes batshit crazy, creating a highly dramatic storyline that gets her camera time, but also gets her fired because she finally goes one step too far.  I think the NON-VP staffers at SUR didn't like her one bit - as I've mentioned before, the kitchen staff seemed overjoyed she got the boot.

Kristen breaks up with James in the next season, and frankly both of them acted deplorably.  But now Kristen has NO tie to the group.  Fortunately, Stassi is AWOL and left a pissed-off LVP in her wake.  Katie has assumed the "head bitch in charge" role and if I had to guess, asked Lisa to let Kristen stay on in an auxiliary role.  LVP likes Katie and acquiesces and allows Kristen to continue on the show, even letting her reclaim her credits role (I seem to remember she lost it for one season).   

It isn't a matter of LVP giving James extra chances and not Kristen.  James is the son of a family friend and has appeared very contrite after misbehaving - and at least appears to be following some semblance of the advice.  Kristen does nothing but snot about how LVP won't forgive her.  Bitch, get real - Lisa doesn't like you; Lisa NEVER did.  She doesn't owe you any second, third or fourth chances.  You stay if you want but Lisa isn't going to go out of her way to make you feel welcome.  

Of course, the above is sheer speculation, just my thoughts.  It's been awhile since I've seen season one, and to use a phrase we loved at Television Without Pity - I'm sure there are Eagle Eyed Forum Posters that will remember tidbits of seasons past that will remind me why my analysis belongs in that fabulous new auto-lid lift trash can that I acquired over the weekend at great expense from Home Depot.

This all seems pretty far fetched.  Just off the top, James isn't a close family friend of LVP's (she said so) and James has said he dated Kristin to get on the show.  Kristin has always been in the opening credits -- unless they changed them mid-season some random season, because I only checked 1 episode per season.  The first 2 seasons she's throwing flower petals with Katie, third season she's standing at the bar with FI and Arianna, the next two seasons she's popping bottles with Schwartz and Katie, season 6 she's sipping a drink with Lala and James, this season she's holding a drink with Lala and Scheana.  

On 2/19/2019 at 11:27 AM, psychoticstate said:

Do we have to remind Katie that she is the main reason that James got fired (the second time) from SUR?  

Are you sure it was only the second time?  He's been suspended and fired so much it is hard to keep track, but I think he's been fired at least 3 times.  I'm not going back to check though.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 2/19/2019 at 9:21 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Kristen wants to know why Lisa will forgive James but not forgive her.  I have an idea:

I've never seen or read anything advising the mechanisms re casting the first season of VR - we know it was "linked" into an episode of PHOBH and did a seamless transition with Scheana coming over to SUR from Villa Blanca.  I'm assuming that LVP thought the particular core group of friends - Stassi, Jax, Tom, Katie, Tom, Kristen would work, throwing Scheana in for drama.  After all, Arianna (Scheana's friend) wasn't part of the first season (or second I don't think), and I was at a loss why Scheana would even try to infiltrate that group unless it was scripted she do so.  She still has whatever friends at Villa Blanca, Maybe LVP wanted to give Scheana her reality chance and moving her to SUR was the only way to do this.

Scheana used to be friends with some of the individuals in this group when those individuals like Katie, Kristen, and Sandoval worked at Villa Blanca. This is also how Sandoval and Ariana became acquainted with each other. When those individuals were transferred to SUR, Scheana's friendships with them fell away. Not so coincidentally, Stassi got a job at SUR after the others were transferred to SUR. Ariana became a formal castmember in season 2. However, she was actually in season 1; she shows up as one of Scheana's back-up dancers during rehearsal and her musical performace. Production was aware of the rumors about Sandoval and Ariana; they kept trying to get her on camera and she kept hiding her face.

Production and LVP decided Scheana would be the audience's way into SUR because we'd been hearing about her obliquely and directly since season 2 of RHoBH. However, they were also aware of Scheana's previous friendships with people in that clique.

That being said, you have this core group.  I think who Lisa really wanted was Stassi and Jax, the two Toms and Katie.  I don't think she's liked Kristen from the get-go or that  the show has anything to do with it.  Unfortunately, to have Sandoval in the show, she had to have his girlfriend at the time as well, and that was Kristen.  We've seen clips of Kristen being out and out snotty and insubordinate to Lisa and others and Lisa doesn't fire her (probably because Sandoval would quit too, and he is a skilled and inventive bartender if nothing else).  Kristen knows that without her relationship with Sandoval, she has no role on the show.

I don't think Kristen ever thought that she was only on the show because of Sandoval. I don't think the show's producers ever thought that either. Kristen has always been in the main cast. People seem to forget all of the people who either work at SUR or are in the orbit of this group who are "guests" or "friends" in the cast. These are people like Kristina Kelly, Rachael O'Brien, Tina McDowelle, Jenna Willis, Jesse Montana, and Vail Bloom who managed to do fuck all in terms of storyline when they were on the show and still got cast and paid. If you're wondering who these people are, that's my point. They didn't cast Kristen on the show just to get Sandoval. They cast her because the bitch is fucking crazy and messy as hell. 

Enter James.  Originally brought in as a bus boy, but he is Max's best friend and old friend of the family to Lisa, and he gets a non-credit slot in the second season.  Then, when Sandoval has has enough and kicks Kristen to the curb (and Arianna became the reason of convenience), Kristen knows her slot on the show is now in jeopardy so she latches on to James, because even as a minor player with the group, she has reason to appear on camera.  Also you don't know if the breakup with Tom will last.  When it appears it will, Kristen goes batshit crazy, creating a highly dramatic storyline that gets her camera time, but also gets her fired because she finally goes one step too far.  I think the NON-VP staffers at SUR didn't like her one bit - as I've mentioned before, the kitchen staff seemed overjoyed she got the boot.

Kristen breaks up with James in the next season, and frankly both of them acted deplorably.  But now Kristen has NO tie to the group.  Fortunately, Stassi is AWOL and left a pissed-off LVP in her wake.  Katie has assumed the "head bitch in charge" role and if I had to guess, asked Lisa to let Kristen stay on in an auxiliary role.  LVP likes Katie and acquiesces and allows Kristen to continue on the show, even letting her reclaim her credits role (I seem to remember she lost it for one season).   

It isn't a matter of LVP giving James extra chances and not Kristen.  James is the son of a family friend and has appeared very contrite after misbehaving - and at least appears to be following some semblance of the advice.  Kristen does nothing but snot about how LVP won't forgive her.  Bitch, get real - Lisa doesn't like you; Lisa NEVER did.  She doesn't owe you any second, third or fourth chances.  You stay if you want but Lisa isn't going to go out of her way to make you feel welcome.  

Of course, the above is sheer speculation, just my thoughts.  It's been awhile since I've seen season one, and to use a phrase we loved at Television Without Pity - I'm sure there are Eagle Eyed Forum Posters that will remember tidbits of seasons past that will remind me why my analysis belongs in that fabulous new auto-lid lift trash can that I acquired over the weekend at great expense from Home Depot.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:25 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

This all seems pretty far fetched.  Just off the top, James isn't a close family friend of LVP's (she said so) and James has said he dated Kristin to get on the show.  Kristin has always been in the opening credits -- unless they changed them mid-season some random season, because I only checked 1 episode per season.  The first 2 seasons she's throwing flower petals with Katie, third season she's standing at the bar with FI and Arianna, the next two seasons she's popping bottles with Schwartz and Katie, season 6 she's sipping a drink with Lala and James, this season she's holding a drink with Lala and Scheana.  

There is NO WAY that Katie had anything to do with "keeping" Kristen in the cast. Katie didn't remotely become relevant to the dynamics of the show until season 4. Heck, Katie was only invited on Scheana and Shay's Miami bachelor/bachelorette trip in season 3 as Schwartz's plus one, which causes Stassi to stop being friends with Katie. So even though Stassi isn't working at SUR and was largely exiled from the group Katie was still Stassi's bitch. Katie doesn't start standing up for herself with Stassi until season 4. And for most of season 4, Kristen is Stassi's only main cast friend. The coven is back together by the end of season 4. Season 5 is when Katie becomes fully awful. 

James has admitted to being very calculating when came to getting on the show and into the cast. He started as a busboy, made friends with Max, made friends with Sandoval, began collaborating on music with Sandoval, and started hooking up with Kristen. He was going to try every avenue to get on the show as he could. 

The Vanderpump-Todds aren't really friends with the Georgious. LVP and fam lived in California until '94 when they moved back to Europe. They moved back to California in 2004 or so. Andros, James' dad, had a massive failing out with George Michael in 1998. I believe LVP said that Ken knew Andros when he was managing George Michael and Ken had his London bars and clubs. They didn't have much overlap.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Scheana used to be friends with some of the individuals in this group when those individuals like Katie, Kristen, and Sandoval worked at Villa Blanca. This is also how Sandoval and Ariana became acquainted with each other. When those individuals were transferred to SUR, Scheana's friendships with them fell away. Not so coincidentally, Stassi got a job at SUR after the others were transferred to SUR. Ariana became a formal castmember in season 2. However, she was actually in season 1; she shows up as one of Scheana's back-up dancers during rehearsal and her musical performace. Production was aware of the rumors about Sandoval and Ariana; they kept trying to get her on camera and she kept hiding her face.

Production and LVP decided Scheana would be the audience's way into SUR because we'd been hearing about her obliquely and directly since season 2 of RHoBH. However, they were also aware of Scheana's previous friendships with people in that clique.

I don't think Kristen ever thought that she was only on the show because of Sandoval. I don't think the show's producers ever thought that either. Kristen has always been in the main cast. People seem to forget all of the people who either work at SUR or are in the orbit of this group who are "guests" or "friends" in the cast. These are people like Kristina Kelly, Rachael O'Brien, Tina McDowelle, Jenna Willis, Jesse Montana, and Vail Bloom who managed to do fuck in terms of storyline when they were on the show and still got cast and paid. If you're wondering who these people are, that's my point. They didn't cast Kristen on the show just to get Sandoval. They cast her because the bitch is fucking crazy and messy as hell. 

There is NO WAY that Katie had anything to do with "keeping" Kristen in the cast. Katie didn't remotely become relevant to the dynamics of the show until season 4. Heck, Katie was only invited on Scheana and Shay's Miami bachelor/bachelorette trip in season 3 as Schwartz's plus one, which causes Stassi to stop being friends with Katie. So even though Stassi isn't working at SUR and was largely exiled from the group Katie was still Stassi's bitch. Katie doesn't start standing up for herself with Stassi until season 4. And for most of season 4, Kristen is Stassi's only main cast friend. The coven is back together by the end of season 4. Season 5 is when Katie becomes fully awful. 

James has admitted to being very calculating when came to getting on the show and into the cast. He started as a busboy, made friends with Max, made friends with Sandoval, began collaborating on music with Sandoval, and started hooking up with Kristen. He was going to try every avenue to get on the show as he could. 

The Vanderpump-Todds aren't really friends with the Georgious. LVP and fam lived in California until '94 when they moved back to Europe. They moved back to California in 2004 or so. Andros, James' dad, had a massive failing out with George Michael in 1998. I believe LVP said that Ken knew Andros when he was managing George Michael and Ken had his London bars and clubs. They didn't have much overlap.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Hearting was not enough.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:48 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Peter may be a professional among these losers, but he’s still gross. That was not a kind depiction of him cutting loose. It’s like he forgot all about the #metoo movement for a creepy few hours there. At least Sandoval seemed like a perfect gentleman amid the debauchery.

Why would/should Peter have been mindful of the #metoo movement at that time? There was nothing said nor shown that indicated that he wanted or expected those women to do anything against their will.

• Love 6
On 2/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, bichonblitz said:

He should try to parlay his passion for making unique drinks in to a money making situation like Bethenny Frankel did with her god awful Skinny Girl drinks. He's good at it and his cocktails look to be a lot more creative and delicious than hers ever were. 

I don't actually think this is a route Sandoval would excel at.  He seems to have a preference for making fussy cocktails using roughly 86,000 ingredients and 4 different pieces of specialty equipment that is only found at that location in the USA.  (This is a thing that I think is a problem with letting the Toms make the drink menu for Tom Tom, they're like 8 year olds coming up with the single most elaborate concoctions possible with zero thought about A) ingredient cost B) time to make C) how easy it will be to turn these out in large quantities, quickly, with easily batched ingredients.  This one off stunning cocktail is great, but when you have a bar line that is 20 people deep and your drinks take 5 mins each to make? Yeah, not gonna work)  

Bethenny, on the other hand, found success in distilling down the essence of something into a succinct little package with no filler.  She figured out a way to package what you want in a margarita, the booze, the lime and the salt, without the rest of the junk.  Then she turned around and found a way to bottle it and sell it to the masses.  That's what made her the profit, she took a thing, gave it a unique twist, made it simpler, and then made it attainable.  Sandoval would have a hard time taking one of his super specialty craft cocktail recipes and bottling it, how would he be able to control the serving temp? The glassware used? The garnish? 

On 2/19/2019 at 1:52 PM, esco1822 said:

Nope. The main reason James got fired is James. Katie may be awful but she was well within her rights to complain to Lisa about his behavior. When drinking, he's a lawsuit waiting to happen. So yeah, James is at fault no matter what. 

Above plus below:

On 2/19/2019 at 6:23 PM, TattleTeeny said:

And James was free to make the same request to Lisa that Katie did. He didn't. HR issues are not really about "lobbing back"; the response that comes is based on a reported incident. Everyone can argue until the cows go home about who started what and how they're all in some way terrible employees (and that this isn't even "real life" anyway and if it were, LVP should clean house). Katie made a report about a repeat problem employee who "went low" and Lisa had to (pretend) handle it.

I think the thing is, James was creating a hostile work environment, period.  Even taking Katie out of it (or, specifically, Katie saying something to him at Pride), James had already created issues with several other cast members at work.  He'd talked about Brittany and her sex life in his raps.  He has, in the past, repeatedly talked about Katie being fat, with no real consequences.  He's called the girls whores before.  Katie would have been well within her rights to go to Lisa over his rap situation with Brittany and say it was a hostile work environment and if Lisa didn't address it, then Lisa would be in some serious shit.  So, yeah, Katie shouldn't have said anything, but, her saying something didn't negate all of the other stuff that James has said and done.  It really wasn't just this one thing that got him fired, it was his long history.  

On 2/22/2019 at 12:27 AM, HunterHunted said:

Sometimes it seems like Lisa is running some sort of employment agency for her friends/acquaintances.  If you ever knew her, in any capacity, it seems people feel free to call her up and ask her to hire their kids/friends/relatives.  I can kind of see it for a first job for someone you know pretty well.  I mean, if I ran a restaurant and a friend of mine had a kid who was going to college in my town needed a job, I likely wouldn't have a problem with them asking if the kid could come apply.  But, James' mother just acts like it's a given that her kids will all get LVP checks.  Teddi from RHOBH had to pave the way for her brother to get a job? It seems strange.  

I do get Lisa wanting to help out James and his brothers, knowing that the parents are useless.  I wish she'd tell the parents they need to get jobs and perhaps offer to let mom be a hostess or something.  There has to be something she could do so that it could lessen the burden on James.  It's just bullshit that he has to support both parents and his siblings.

• Love 8
On 2/23/2019 at 12:33 PM, gritz said:

Why would/should Peter have been mindful of the #metoo movement at that time? There was nothing said nor shown that indicated that he wanted or expected those women to do anything against their will.

So I guess him excitedly mentioning how he just wanted “tits in his face” was a perfectly respectful aspiration for the state of his female companions that night. Got it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

So I guess him excitedly mentioning how he just wanted “tits in his face” was a perfectly respectful aspiration for the state of his female companions that night. Got it.

They seemed willing and eager to want to be those tits in his face. I wouldn’t want to hang out with Peter but those women clearly did either for him but most likely the cameras.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

There's nothing to "get", because I never said he was being perfectly respectful. However, there's a difference between being crude, and committing sexual harassment/assault.

• Love 7