Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: She Has To Go

Drogo
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Cammi said:

She’s got 3 kids- none of which are in her custody, and she is not currently using protection?

I'm getting the vibe that these "cast members" sign a contract that they will not--under any circumstances--do anything to try to prevent pregnancies.  No condoms, vasectomies, birth control pills, morning-after pills, IUDs, diaphragms, pulling out, sponge, ring, etc.  Each method  (and more) will be listed in the contract.  If the producers don't have to deal with an unwanted pregnancy or three, then they will be replaced!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm getting the vibe that these "cast members" sign a contract that they will not--under any circumstances--do anything to try to prevent pregnancies. 

I’m getting the vibe that these cast members are just too stupid to make any sort of decent life choice, especially when it comes to children. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, hookedontv said:

I’m getting the vibe that these cast members are just too stupid to make any sort of decent life choice, especially when it comes to children. 

Every episode I watch (and admittedly, re-watch...sometimes several times), I feel second hand embarrassment for them. If I feel that way as a viewer, how the hell can they not feel it themselves? They are acting like ignorant tools and broadcasting it to the entire world. If I were ever in their type of situation, it would not be known to anyone. No chance in hell would I blast it to the world. The complete lack of integrity is mind-blowing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Cammi said:

She’s got 3 kids- none of which are in her custody, and she is not currently using protection? Look, I get that her life was rough, but THREE kids she lost custody of or gave away? Gtfo with that. Let her make her own horrible life decisions but don’t involve another life in that mess.

Wait, Brittany has three kids? Where are the other two? 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I agree.  It is as if they are counseled on What Not To Do and they react with a "Oh you will not tell ME what to do!!  I LOVE HER!!!"

39 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Every episode I watch (and admittedly, re-watch...sometimes several times), I feel second hand embarrassment for them. If I feel that way as a viewer, how the hell can they not feel it themselves? They are acting like ignorant tools and broadcasting it to the entire world. If I were ever in their type of situation, it would not be known to anyone. No chance in hell would I blast it to the world. The complete lack of integrity is mind-blowing. 

The only person I give a slight (and I am talking a sliver here) is Clint as I really think he has had a brain injury, PSDT that is causing cognitive issues or is just low IQ.  But then his mom should have stepped in as a guardian for him as he seems like a vulnerable adult.  I got whiplash from him!  One scene has him talking to a divorce lawyer but then his Goddess calls from Criminal Jail* and off he goes.

*= Here in Minnesota we are Minnesota Nice so have no Criminal Jails!  We have Snow Jail, Lefse Jail, Sub Zero Jail but no Criminal Jail.

And yes, it looked like a word that rhymes with punt on her hand, not Clint.  And let's face it, that is a pretty appropriate word to have tattooed on yourself there, Goddess.

I know I am perseverating on her boobs, Tracie, put them away.  They are big, we get it.  Jasmyne, your mother will ALWAYS choose a trick over you.  Always.  She loves the hustle, the drama, the $$$$, the manipulation of her life much more than being an employed, stable person having coffee dates with her daughter, living a healthy and normal life.  I am sorry for that but cut your expectations and move it along.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 2/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, configdotsys said:

This episode kind of pissed me off. Last week in the preview, we saw Saran and Megan sitting at a table. Not only was that scene not on this week but it was not shown for next week either. I don’t understand Michael’s mother. He is totally a loser but what was all that “you think she’s the one for me?” and all that stuff? The mother tells him he needs to stay with his family because she was there for him. She does not know what he is feeling inside. Even if Sarah waited for him and sent him commissary, you can’t manufacture feelings that don’t exist. He was acting like he was going to make it work with Sarah because it’s the right thing to do, not because he wants to. Yeah, that’ll work. I guess we’ll find out next week maybe where Megan will be staying. On another note: I swear when Sarah was talking to her friend in the second episode, she said she “might” be pregnant. We never heard anything about confirmation, just her saying from that point on that she is. She's waiting for the right time to tell Michael? Prime time would have been when they made up when the friend walked out in disgust. I’m waiting to hear that this pregnancy was some false alarm or something. 

I get what you are saying but Michael's feelings seem to change like the weather.  He doesn't feel anything for Sarah now, so then he'll go with Megan, and once it gets real with her, he'll lose feelings for her too, by that time she might have a baby or two with Michael.  His mom was telling him, "look fool, you're married to Sarah, you have a child with her, just stay with the woman."  Michael's mother might also worry that if Michael leaves Sarah, she'll, meaning Michael's mother might lose access to her granddaughter.

This COULD be, not saying it is, a generational difference, or at least a difference in norms today.  What you are saying is what most people believed before social media took over the world, before Kim Kardashian became a superstar because of a sex tape, before you could make money off things like Instagram and YouTube.   I think about the cast of the first Survivor in 2000, a lot of them made money off being on that show, but I'm sure it's nowhere near what reality TV stars can make today.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Wait, Brittany has three kids? Where are the other two? 

She had them as a teenager (I believe she had her first when she was REALLY young, like 14/15) and they were both taken away.   I'm assuming they were (hopefully) adopted into healthy families.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 4

I know I am perseverating on her boobs, Tracie, put them away. 

Lizzie too. Seriously - we've seen them.

Lizzie, by the way, cracked me up when she told her daughter very earnestly that she didn't want to go back to stripping. As if stripping would even have her at this point. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Well I guess a reality TV show is not in your future😆😆

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree.  It is as if they are counseled on What Not To Do and they react with a "Oh you will not tell ME what to do!!  I LOVE HER!!!"

The only person I give a slight (and I am talking a sliver here) is Clint as I really think he has had a brain injury, PSDT that is causing cognitive issues or is just low IQ.  But then his mom should have stepped in as a guardian for him as he seems like a vulnerable adult.  I got whiplash from him!  One scene has him talking to a divorce lawyer but then his Goddess calls from Criminal Jail* and off he goes.

*= Here in Minnesota we are Minnesota Nice so have no Criminal Jails!  We have Snow Jail, Lefse Jail, Sub Zero Jail but no Criminal Jail.

And yes, it looked like a word that rhymes with punt on her hand, not Clint.  And let's face it, that is a pretty appropriate word to have tattooed on yourself there, Goddess.

I know I am perseverating on her boobs, Tracie, put them away.  They are big, we get it.  Jasmyne, your mother will ALWAYS choose a trick over you.  Always.  She loves the hustle, the drama, the $$$$, the manipulation of her life much more than being an employed, stable person having coffee dates with her daughter, living a healthy and normal life.  I am sorry for that but cut your expectations and move it along.

I wonder if Jasmine’s dad was a john since Lizzie was a hooker.

Criminal jail versus Monopoly jail?

11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Lizzie, by the way, cracked me up when she told her daughter very earnestly that she didn't want to go back to stripping. As if stripping would even have her at this point. 

Don’t the bigger older strippers work the lunch crowd?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

She could move to Atlanta and work at the club that specializes in older strippers. It was on RHOA a few years ago. Maybe she could get on RHOA, that would be a trip!

• Love 1

So I'm not paying much attention to most of the timelines... but the Sarah, Michael and Megan saga must be going on at least a month right?  Because he didn't talk to her for 2 weeks when he was released, then she came up and now she's visiting again. So maybe 3-4 weeks tops.

BUT then I happened to see Scott and Lizzie.... "5 days after being released" WHAAAAAAAT OMG  get on with the freaking show!

• Love 3
On 2/16/2019 at 9:26 AM, JenE4 said:

Inanimate objects were the real stars of the show this episode, from unaffordable wedding dresses to unaffordable engagement rings and from mysteriously disappearing cars to ill-advisingly appearing cars. Sometimes the objects added subtext, such as Marcellino’s massive hot dogs while underscoring how a woman needs a man to be satisfied. But the greatest dig was Sarah throwing a wrapped Kraft Single at Pretty Girl, then we cut to Megan talking about how she’s going to meet [insert Pretty Girl’s actual name] while she’s taking a Sargento’s snack cup thing out of her fridge. Oooh, burn!! Megan is sooo much classier than Sarah and is going to swoop in and take her man AND her child with her superior cheese selection! But top award goes to Scott’s “teeth.” Oh, boy. What a shame that his tooth got lost in a ditch episode 1 and he’s spent all his money on Lizzie—including three giant bows (he went with red) for a car she can’t legally drive—and yet sped away like a maniac anyway—because with 8 DUIs, a suspended license, and ON FREAKIN’ PAROLE, what’s the problem? But, I think my favorite inanimate object that needed no context was Clint’s “artwork” hanging in his living room—a bright yellow “NO FARTING” sign. As for the rental car, I would have assumed   she didn’t want to talk about it because she sold it for drugs, but we saw the footage of her getting pulled over and arrested, so it’s obviously in police compound. Why wouldn’t she just tell him that so he can contact the jail and track it down? But, rational thought isn’t really their strong suit, so we’ll just leave it at that. Tracie would probably love his No Farting sign if she actually stays out of jail long enough to make it all the way to Oklahoma and their marital home.

Wait, what?!?  They're living in Oklahoma?????

3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am sorry for that but cut your expectations and move it along.

I think Jazmyne figured it out long ago, but she's stuck on this "reality" show for awhile.  As soon as the producers release her, she'll change her name and hide out at her grandmother's house.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Hey - it's not like it was his fault. He "wasn't tryna have sex."

I hate him.

So Michael is just lying there with his erection out when Sarah happens into the bedroom.  She trips, falls and lands with his penis in her vagina.  He didn't intend for it to happen.  It was an accident.  It's fusilli Jerry all over again.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I wonder if Jasmine’s dad was a john since Lizzie was a hooker.

Criminal jail versus Monopoly jail?

Don’t the bigger older strippers work the lunch crowd?

I was assuming she'd work the breakfast shift.  Great minds!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, hookedontv said:

The ex-prisoners seem to share some common denominators.   For one, they live in the moment, with no thoughts or fears about the future.   The #1 deterrent of bad behavior in our society -- the possibility of going to prison -- doesn't intimidate them in the least.  Marcelino, Caitlin, Sarah, Megan and Clint are more fearful about their jailbirds going back to prison than the ex-cons are.  

Secondly, they seem to care very little or not at all about anyone's happiness but their own.  Tracie bailed on Clint (no pun intended); Matt pays lip service to Caitlin's wants but constantly reasserts his own needs as numero uno; Michael is using two women like whores for his immediate gratification; Lizzie is squeezing Scott for every last dime; Brittany is playing at family life for the moment because it serves her plan du jour.   Is there any doubt that every last one of these characters would ditch their would-be saviors for a promise of drugs, cash or sex?

Third, not one of them has expressed or demonstrated a sincere desire to put the past behind and rejoin society as a productive, responsible citizen.   Brittany comes closest, but within days of being sprung she violates parole by associating with another felon, which says to me that she'll walk the straight and narrow only until she gets to an uphill section and then all bets are off.

Fourth, none of them is very likable.   Brittany appeared so at first blush but the more time she's on camera, the less we like her.

It may simply be that truly reformed prisoners -- people who want an honest-to-God second chance at life -- have more sense than to get involved with a prisoner dating website or a bottom-feeding show like this.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
33 minutes ago, millennium said:

The ex-prisoners seem to share some common denominators.   For one, they live in the moment, with no thoughts or fears about the future.   The #1 deterrent of bad behavior in our society -- the possibility of going to prison -- doesn't intimidate them in the least.  Marcelino, Caitlin, Sarah, Megan and Clint are more fearful about their jailbirds going back to prison than the ex-cons are.  

Secondly, they seem to care very little or not at all about anyone's happiness but their own.  Tracie bailed on Clint (no pun intended); Matt pays lip service to Caitlin's wants but constantly reasserts his own needs as numero uno; Michael is using two women like whores for his immediate gratification; Lizzie is squeezing Scott for every last dime; Brittany is playing at family life for the moment because it serves her plan du jour.   Is there any doubt that every last one of these characters would ditch their would-be saviors for a promise of drugs, cash or sex?

Third, not one of them has expressed or demonstrated a sincere desire to put the past behind and rejoin society as a productive, responsible citizen.   Brittany comes closest, but within days of being sprung she violates parole by associating with another felon, which says to me that she'll walk the straight and narrow only until she gets to an uphill section and then all bets are off.

Fourth, none of them is very likable.   Brittany appeared so at first blush but the more time she's on camera, the less we like her.

It may simply be that truly reformed prisoners -- people who want an honest-to-God second chance at life -- have more sense than to get involved with a prisoner dating website or a bottom-feeding show like this.   

Wordy McWord to this whole post!!!  The SO's care more about them going back to jail than the jailbirds themselves.

I hate Michael the most - it is a hard choice between him and Lizzie though.  

• Love 6

Brittany comes closest, but within days of being sprung she violates parole by associating with another felon

In her defense - and it's an admittedly thin one - besides the horrible Marcellino, who else does she have? Nominally her son's father but he has his own wife and their son to worry about. I don't get a sense that Brittany really has anyone else who cares about her besides other felons. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I want some of whatever she’s smoking that when she looks in the mirror she sees a slender, well-built body.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm just thinking here, if Scott furnished money to Lizzie for the purchase of drugs in prison -- and both have publicly acknowledged this as a fact -- why can't he be prosecuted for aiding and abetting criminal behavior?   It galls me that this is all spoken about so matter of factly, like it's bad yeah but no big thing that Scott financed $90,000 worth of drug purchases in a state prison.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I'm just thinking here, if Scott furnished money to Lizzie for the purchase of drugs in prison -- and both have publicly acknowledged this as a fact -- why can't he be prosecuted for aiding and abetting criminal behavior?   It galls me that this is all spoken about so matter of factly, like it's bad yeah but no big thing that Scott financed $90,000 worth of drug purchases in a state prison.

It’s like rock stars who write autobiographies and admit they did drugs for decades. 

2 hours ago, millennium said:

More important why is that prison not trying to find out who is bringing the drugs in or how they are so accessible? I had a senior citizen neighbor that refused o pay a $65 fine for a seat belt violation and the judge said he could serve a day in jail and the fine would be gone. This 70 year old guy said , fine,  feed me for free and wipe my fine away, I will go. He came out saying he could not believe in his 24 hours how drugs and other contraband were so readily available. 

• Love 4

So the producers track down Tracie to do an interview while she's still incarcerated? That doesn't surprise me, but it does surprise me that any facility would go to the trouble of letting them in to do an interview with a convict. (I guess it explains the shot in the intro where she's being escorted by an officer wearing orange, chains and a big smile for the cameras.) Seriously, every time I see Clint I just want someone (maybe his mother) to slap some sense in him. How did he find two other non-incarcerated women to marry him? His ex-wife actually seems like she's on the ball. 

As for the others, I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said except this show is a mess. I really hope they are messing with timelines. I will say it's frustrating to see Michael carrying a new iPhone XR and driving a nice car with leather interior. Sarah can't be paying for all of that. How much are they making off this show, anyway? 

Oh, and just as all single women must have to try on wedding dresses, perhaps all single men have to go ring shopping, even when the viewer knows the man would be struggling to afford a Ring Pop. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Spike said:

It’s like rock stars who write autobiographies and admit they did drugs for decades. 

I'm not so sure.   The rock star is the only party involved.   If Scott's and Lizzie's claims are true (and let's just put it out there that this whole show may be fiction), then Scott broke the laws of a state correctional institute and directly facilitated drug use among at least one of the inmates.

For example, here is a link to a pdf called:

A Message to Friends and Family of Incarcerated Inmates

It's from the New Hampshire Department of Corrections (you know, where inmates make license plates that say "Live Free Or Die," har har).

It was issued to alert families that by sending money to inmates, they may well be sponsoring that inmate's drug use.

Here's a passage relevant to our discussion:

Illegal drug use within the prison is powerful, manipulative, and destructive. Many of these inmates themselves may not be bad people; it’s the drug use that motivates them to do bad things. As friends and family of those incarcerated, please be duly cautious of enabling behaviors that are not positive in scope. If you are ever asked to send money as outlined above, please think it through. You may also be committing a crime by facilitating these drug transactions. Funding drug use in here hinders any chance of rehabilitation and their chance of success out there!  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, millennium said:

I'm not so sure.   The rock star is the only party involved.   If Scott's and Lizzie's claims are true (and let's just put it out there that this whole show may be fiction), then Scott broke the laws of a state correctional institute and directly facilitated drug use among at least one of the inmates.

For example, here is a link to a pdf called:

A Message to Friends and Family of Incarcerated Inmates

It's from the New Hampshire Department of Corrections (you know, where inmates make license plates that say "Live Free Or Die," har har).

It was issued to alert families that by sending money to inmates, they may well be sponsoring that inmate's drug use.

Here's a passage relevant to our discussion:

I just meant they are so cavalier about admitting breaking the law hundreds if not thousands of times. And it used to be more serious.  Remember when musicians would get banned from entering certain countries if they had drug issues — even just pot.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jayfay said:

who said that? 

Michael - who also describes himself as having to imagine he was a secret agent on a mission to have sex with Sarah his first night out of jail so that he could maintain his relationship with his daughter.

I hate him.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, millennium said:

This would have to be proven too, and Scott and Lizzie could say they made those claims for the show.

9 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I use the nickname "pretty girl" (and "princess") all the time!

For my tortoiseshell cat, Willow. 😼

Exactly!  It sounds like he going to throw a ball and make her catch it.......oh wait, he does do that.

10 hours ago, millennium said:

If Scott's and Lizzie's claims are true (and let's just put it out there that this whole show may be fiction), then Scott broke the laws of a state correctional institute and directly facilitated drug use among at least one of the inmates.

He could have been supplying her with drugs or they both could have been shooting their mouths off for all we know.

Marshy Man:  "My number one job is keeping Brittany out of jail."  Really?  My hubby's number one priority with me is my happiness and comfort.  Shouldn't that be Brittany's priority?  Keeping HERSELF out of jail?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He could have been supplying her with drugs or they both could have been shooting their mouths off for all we know.

Right, who knows? But the one thing we can all be certain about is that Ol Lizard did not con $800,000 out of men. No way a washed up old rachety hag in prison can get almost a million dollars from men. She is such a joke. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, zenme said:

This would have to be proven too, and Scott and Lizzie could say they made those claims for the show.

Bank records don’t lie. If it showed a big number of withdrawals, especially any at the time he planned to visit her in the slammer. But no way am I buying her fairy tale of $800K, and if I were any of those men watching this show, I’d be hiring a hitman. LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

How long has it been on the timeline that Brittney knows she is pregnant?

Lizzie would look good if she was nicely dressed in clothes that are actually her size. I think she could get a number of tricks in regular rotation just based on the fact she is on this craptastic show and is a very, minor “celebrity”.  Did Lizzie get a boob job between when the show was filmed and when they filmed the talking heads? The girls look perkier and bigger. 

Jasmine is going to spend her life hoping her mother will actually act like a mother and will end up disappointed. I don’t think Lizzie will have much use for Jasmine once the show is over. 

I just can’t with Megan walking through the airport like it impresses others she is with Michael and her delusion she is about to meet her stepdaughter and mother-in-law. Of course. In her head, she probably thinks they are going to love her. I think Michael’s mother, like Matt’s mother, knows her son will end up back in jail shortly. 

• Love 5

This 70 year old guy said , fine,  feed me for free and wipe my fine away, I will go. He came out saying he could not believe in his 24 hours how drugs and other contraband were so readily available. 

My friend's daughter that I mentioned in another post also went to prison on drug charges. Although she took the opportunity in prison to get clean and has remained so, I remember her telling us that prison was the easiest place in the world to get drugs. 

I'm also from Maryland, where we had an enormous prison scandal with convicts knocking up guards and drug- gun-running inside the prison, and I am certain this is not an isolated incident. 

I recently read an interesting AMA on reddit from a former convict who ended up turning himself into the police for a series of nonviolent crimes. He did three years in prison.

One of the things he repeatedly said was that basically, prison sucked, but it was also one of the best opportunities you ever get to work on yourself, figure out what  you need to do and  in his words,  figure out "what was so wrong with my head that I couldn't function in normal society." He said there's tons of opportunity in prison to focus on  yourself and get yourself straight if you want it, but he also said that most people just treated it as a "holding pattern" rather than the opportunity it is. I kept thinking about this show while reading that. These convicts seem to be of the "holding pattern" type. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

Jasmine is going to spend her life hoping her mother will actually act like a mother and will end up disappointed. I don’t think Lizzie will have much use for Jasmine once the show is over. 

Jazmyne is just another mark to con artist Lizzie. Instead of promising romance, Lizzie promises a nurturing mother-daughter relationship. When there’s nothing in it for Lizzie anymore, she will abandon Jazmyne again.

• Love 11
On 2/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, dsteele said:

I'm not sure I have this straight -
Tracie Tha Goddess binges on mothafuckin' crack. Takes the rental car and gets busted, goes to criminal jail. Clint can't find her so he hires Magnum PI, who discovers not only the location, but that she's been released. Then she calls Clint from criminal jail. Again. So... she's out, goes back in, gets released, and is now back for a yet-to-be-disclosed criminal act?

Is that correct, or did she not get released before calling Clint?

That’s my understanding from watching. Anybody else have a different version?

I think I’ve also decided Matt is more Dickie Bennett than Dewey Crowe. Though you could probably convince Matt he has four kidneys too (choked on my drink at that reference).

I wish I could remember the exact Raylan quote. Something like you think you’re tough, but you’re just a stupid hillbilly who’s going to get his ass kicked in federal prison. Raylan’s version was far more eloquent.

Justified is on Amazon Prime. I think I’m going back in now for another rewatch. Relatedly - Art (Raylan’s boss) telling him he was the hillbilly whisperer was also priceless.

And WTF is Megan so smug about being the “girlfriend” of a loser like Michael? Not to mention “losing her virginity” to him. I’d be speaking to my therapist (if I had one), not proclaiming it from the rooftops on national TV.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I use the nickname "pretty girl" (and "princess") all the time!

For my tortoiseshell cat, Willow. 😼

As do I for my Mimi. The prettiest, most adorable Great Pyr mix in the world.

I literally find myself wanting to slap the shit out of sleazy Michael though every time he says that to his daughter. Even Mimi knows she has an actual name.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, sasha206 said:

While I feel for Caitlyn with her mom's passing, how on earth does a kid who lose her mom to drugs ends up wanting to mate with a drug addict? Is she hoping that through this relationship, she will finally have love conquer the addiction? 

I think you may be on to something. She feels like she came second to drugs in her mother's life, maybe she can be first to Matt, and he can be redeemed by her love and devotion. But I fear she'll end up addicted herself. We've all seen Intervention, right? How many people ended up either supplying money, food, and shelter to the druggies in their lives, to "help" them? How many ended up addicted because of a partner? LOTS.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:49 AM, Elizzikra said:

Maybe lunch shift, at the strip club out by the airport. Or in the warehouse district. My husband and I used to go in to Boston every day and he had a "short cut" through the big produce warehouse district in Chelsea. There was a strip club smack in the middle of it. I often wondered what sort of ratchet, brokedown strippers ended their careers there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

While I feel for Caitlyn with her mom's passing, how on earth does a kid who lose her mom to drugs ends up wanting to mate with a drug addict? Is she hoping that through this relationship, she will finally have love conquer the addiction? 

She is a fixer, thinks she can "love it out of him"  when that is not how it works.

5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

We've all seen Intervention, right? How many people ended up either supplying money, food, and shelter to the druggies in their lives, to "help" them? How many ended up addicted because of a partner? LOTS.

I think it is more accurate to say:  Many enable them to stay addicted by supplying food, housing and money.  (Trust me on this one, lol)  Not to be splitting hairs but an addict can choose to use or not use, the enabler won't shove a drink down their throat but they CAN buy a fifth of brandy for them.

6 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

And WTF is Megan so smug about being the “girlfriend” of a loser like Michael? Not to mention “losing her virginity” to him. I’d be speaking to my therapist (if I had one), not proclaiming it from the rooftops on national TV.

In real life, especially with younger kids like Avianna (sp?) you would NOT be introducing anyone to anybody at this point.  (I have blathered on elsewhere that I waited a year before introducing my kiddos to my now hubby.)  Then again, I was a sane, logical person who was thinking (and still thinks) of her children's interests first.  I did not ever leap into my man's arms, knocking him to the ground and knocking out his teeth.  (Truthfully the first time they saw us touch or kiss was on our wedding day.)

But Queen Megan thinks she is gonna slide right into the Mommy role and Pretty Girl  will take her like butter to popcorn, Michael's mom will love her as well.  The delusion is off the charts.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8

@Mrs. Hanson that's what I meant, and indeed, thought that was what I said--loving family members in an effort to help their loved one, provide food, provide shelter, provide money. They don't want them to suffer. They're trying to protect them. And yes, they'll either give them money to buy drugs or booze, or buy it for them. I can see Caitlin in this situation. And I can also see her becoming an addict herself, either to try to "help" Matt, or to be closer to him.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Mrs. Hanson that's what I meant, and indeed, thought that was what I said--loving family members in an effort to help their loved one, provide food, provide shelter, provide money. They don't want them to suffer. They're trying to protect them. And yes, they'll either give them money to buy drugs or booze, or buy it for them. I can see Caitlin in this situation. And I can also see her becoming an addict herself, either to try to "help" Matt, or to be closer to him.

As soon as I saw Caitlyn I thought of Panic in Needle Park.

• Love 3

@Pepper Mostly, I figured that - your posts are pretty razor sharp and on the mark!!  I figured you had these people's numbers!!!  

I also love how Caitlyn is so high and mighty:  "I HATE DRUGS!"  But you smoke, drink and bone in fields where kids could see you.  Real high road there, girl. If you hate drugs so much why are you with.......a druggie???

My husband is a hunter, deer hunter with hunting rifles.  To pick a girl with a huge aversion to either of those things would be against logic.  But none of these folks have logic or common sense in their lives.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

How long has it been on the timeline that Brittney knows she is pregnant?

Brittney story line is at 7-8 weeks since leaving jail. Lizzie was only at like 1 week so they are all at different spots.  I don't understand these people getting pregnant out of prison. I guess I am the only one that thinks about insurance, saving up the deductible and being ready. I understand things happen but both Sarah ad Brittney have kids already so this is not their first time. 

• Love 7