Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Fighting with My Family (2019)

A biographical sports film based on the 2012 documentary The Wrestlers: Fighting with My Family, depicting the WWE career of professional wrestler Paige. It stars Florence Pugh as Paige, along with Jack Lowden, Nick Frost, Lena Headey and Vince Vaughn, and is written and directed by Stephen Merchant. Dwayne Johnson executive produces and also appears in the film.

• Like 1

I saw this tonight, and really enjoyed it!  I have zero interest in professional wrestling, and less than zero interest in women's professional wrestling, but the narrative was interesting and compelling.  I enjoyed the clips of the real family during the credits, too.

I'm sure they added drama here and there, as they usually do, but the bones of the story were good even without added drama.

• Like 1

Saw this a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it - thought the casting was great, Florence Pugh is a delight.  Some, okay most, of the WWE related or wrestling star movies are barely watchable but this is definitely one of the best.    

• Like 1

Saw this on Epix and I was very surprised.  I just watched this because I know who Paige is, but I wasn't expecting it to be any good really.  But it was actually very engaging, emotional, and entertaining.  Who knew?  Probably helps that it was based on a documentary, I'd like to see that too.