Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Peas in a Pod

chitowngirl

Our heroes everybody, not wanting Wells Fargo stand-in to get in trouble because it would mean that Scottie goes to jail.  The company did promise to make ti right, but dude, that's not exactly a storyline you should do right now.

Glad that Lipschitz is sticking around.  He's been a great addition, and he's changed Louis.

Also, nice to see that Louis is helping Gretchen.

My reactions to this episode:
1. Wells Fargo stand-in should get punished, hopefully this comes back to bite someone.

2. My first reaction: YAY ABIGAIL SPENCER followed by OH NO ABIGAIL SPENCER HAS TO BE BACK ON SUITS

3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

WTF was that sort-of-vest thing that Samantha was wearing?  Even Donna couldn't have made that look good.

I think Gina Torres might have been able to pull it off but it really was awful.

I like seeing Katrina stand up for herself. She's the only character I care about.

I'd hoped we were past the Harvey/Donna drama but I'm guessing they'll drag that out until the end of next season. I always thought since the actors are longtime friends IRL they don't want their characters together but the fans won't shut up about it so we get this back and forth nonsense instead. Blech.

• Love 1

I can tell the series is reaching an end. Louis shows emotional growth (I'm glad Lipschitz is staying)) and Harvey and Donna are playing adult games instead of childish ones.

Also nice to see Katrina as a character this season rather than an addendum.

I've always hated Scottie but this episode I actually like her.  Maybe it's because Samantha is ever more ruthless than she was, maybe because the Timeless movie spoiled Lucy for me so much I was glad to see Scottie back.)

I was shocked to see Samantha wear a red suit.  She must have rented it, she'd never have anything that colourful in her closet.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what happened, but I kinda liked this one.  I came out of it feeling pretty good, rather than more-or-less satisfied and maybe still a little confused.

Alex got the widower to settle rather than ruin a company that really is trying to help people.  Everyone wins.

Samantha gets her win but Scottie doesn't go to jail, and hundreds of innocent people keep their jobs.  Everyone wins.

Dr. Lipschitz keeps his practice, Louis gets Boyd a job.  Everyone wins, even if weekend texts are still off the table.

Still don't care about Donna and Thomas, but it was kept to a minimum, and no Katrina/Brian angst, so everyone wins.  I've somehow come to care about these people, but that does not mean that I care about their soap-opera lives.

Donna seemed unsure about Harvey finding out this way, but at least it meant she didn't have to come up with a way to mention it to him, so even that is a win.

Very strange.

• Love 1

So wait... Louis has Gretchen, but now that Donna is the CEO or something, Harvey has no assistant and apparently doesn't need one?  Or he just gets Donna to do stuff for him anyway because Donna is the CEO or something but still doesn't actually do anything?  What about Robert?  Does he have an assistant?  Alex and Samantha don't seem to, and they're Named Partners too now.

I'm not sure if I care that much, but it seems like a detail we're just supposed to ignore, right?

• Love 2

Finally saw the episode...and this episode would be a teaching aide for a professional responsibility/ethics class in law school on what NOT to do.  I am not criticizing as I don't watch this show, or pretty much any legal show for its realism, but man, everyone was doing something that could get them disbarred...that must have been a new record even for the show!  Still have fun watching the show, just needed to say it.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:45 PM, HawaiiTVGuy said:

Finally saw the episode...and this episode would be a teaching aide for a professional responsibility/ethics class in law school on what NOT to do.  I am not criticizing as I don't watch this show, or pretty much any legal show for its realism, but man, everyone was doing something that could get them disbarred...that must have been a new record even for the show!  Still have fun watching the show, just needed to say it.

From what I recall, this episode was particularly egregious in ethics violations - i'm not a lawyer, but yeah, the series is filllled with disbar-worthy offenses, even if you write off the conceit of the series - hotshot attorney hires guy who has memorized every law school book known to man and tells everyone this guy is an attorney (first an associate, then eventually a partner - after he went to jail when he was caught)

At this point of season eight there were two weak excuses that had been reused: "But I have a family!" and "But breaking the law saved hundreds of jobs!" I'm used to constant weak excuses to justify unethical behavior on Suits, but here is when the writers started running out of them.