Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Finale

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, mikewho said:

I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

True, Julie has always been more 'firm', shall we say, during live competitions and interviews. I'm sure there are always producers in her earpiece saying something like, 'Move it along!'

But this season, rather than seeming as if she was losing power, she seemed to be Wielding it more. She just seemed more rude in her admonitions. 

Herding cats can take a lot out of you - especially when the HGs keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again....  ;>

• Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I was so hoping that one of the house guests would have told Julie to  "Stuff it".  I would have given that house guest AFHG in a heartbeat.   It is exhausting listening to all of the house guests kissing Julie's butt.  

Her husband isn't the big kahuna at the network any longer.  There is no reason to suck up to her.

Regardless of anybody's personal feelings for/against her, Julie is the emcee of BB - and on a live broadcast, the job of ANY emcee is to keep the show moving in a timely fashion; if doing so requires a certain degree of sharpness with some foot-draggers, so be it.  

Personally, I'd have probably been a little more brusque than Julie did when the number of repetitive reprimands for the same damn thing got past #3 or so....

Edited by Nashville
Formatting
  • Love 13
On 2/14/2019 at 10:44 AM, Nashville said:

n truth, I never liked Tom Green back in his heyday; to me he was one of those comedians who was always trying WAY TOO HARD to get the laugh, with the result always falling flat.  There were still flashes of THAT Tom from time to time - Cereal Box Osprey being a prime example - but on the whole he seems a lot more comfortable in his own skin nowadays, and I find that much more likeable.

P. S.: that’s the same reason I can’t stand Will Ferrell for more than 3-4 minutes at a shot; the older I get, the lower my OTTDTT* drops.

You captured my exact sentiments once again, Nashville! Maybe in about 10 years, we'll be watching Will Ferrell on CBB12 and we'll say the same thing about him : )

• Love 2

Did they ... really have Ricky make a joke about a Heisman-winning running back stealing things, and "hope it ends better this time?!"

I'm floored that Ricky took Tamar. I was sure Tamar was gone, because if he wanted to "beat the best," he'd have taken Lolo, and if he wanted to beat a goat, he'd have taken Dina (who! won! nothing!) Tamar won comps, she played both sides, she had allies.

And then when Ricky got up there, he didn't even own his cutthroat gameplay! When he started talking about being real outside of the house, it was like Paul and friendship all over again.

Maybe Josh to Tamar is a good comparison. Both super-fans, both likely won due to being the less odious choice.

But ... Kato Kaelin on a jury, man. What a weird season.

• LOL 1
On 2/15/2019 at 7:50 AM, icemiser69 said:

I thought Tamar had the lousiest attitude of the bunch and it wasn't close.  I don't believe for a minute that she won the Twitter vote either.  I think that was "done" just to keep her in the house. 

I wish BB was played using "game show" rules.  I think it is abundantly clear that it is not.

If house guests in the diary room are reading off of a teleprompter, how can anyone remotely think that BB is on the up and up?  They could read something off of the teleprompter in there that could affect their popularity with the viewing audience and lose AFHG as a result.

If they want to have a show where the person who needs the money the most wins the money, then change the name of this show from "Celebrity Big Brother", to "America's Sad Sack".   They can have the reality show sponsored by Kleenex.  Then they can have "Boo Hoo" competitions.   Saddest, most pathetic house guests get to stay in the house.  They would probably have to change the name of the show in someway.  The initials do spell "ASS".

ETA:  I am not cold-hearted.  I just have more sympathy for people who don't act like jerks.

I couldn't stand Tamar either, but that Twitter vote win I believe was real. She and Kandi had the most Twitter followers out of anyone on their season, and then when you combine Tamar's millions of followers with however many followers Toni has on social media, it's really not surprising that she won the Twitter vote.