Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Finale

• Start Topic

And will this be Julie's last show ever on BB since her contract ends after tonight?  Will she hint at (or for) a new contract tonight or will she throw out the word "Moonves" every other second sentence?  Big Brother ... expect the unexpected.

And if this is her last show ever what will they put on her for clothing?  The usual weird stuff or something "exit weird special."

Edited by green
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Here with Spoilers?  Did y’all discuss Dina’s Mr. I don’t FaceTime, only Tweet, Catfish?

He made himself known and rumors he might show up at the Finale tonight......????

No!  Spoilers go here like she said --> on the Live Feeds Discussion Thread that has been up all season:

"the Live Feed Discussion thread for anyone who does not mind talking about anything spoiler-related."

Edited by green
  • LOL 1

Mostly as boring as I expected it to be, but this entire season was redeemed in the final 15 seconds of this last episode.  The look on Natalie Eva Marie's face when Tom Green won the America's Favorite Houseguest award is one of my all-time favorite reality show moments.  That's right - you were the bad guy.  And it's going to be hard to blame the editing for that when people had 24-hour access to those cameras and microphones.

Edited to add: Rachel RSL you beat me to the punch while I was trying to remember the various parts of her name.  Well, at least I know I'm not the only one who enjoyed that.

Edited by Al Herkimer
  • Love 16

I'm so glad this season is over. I thought it was such a crap season the whole way through and made CBB1 look fantastic in comparison. I confess I found it hard to care with such people as Kato Kaelin and Dina Lohan involved.

I guess it's fitting in a way that Tamar won in a walk as she provided 90% of the entertainment such as it was. Ricky , as far as I saw, didn't really build many close relationships. If he didn't want an alliance with someone, he just didn't even try on a personal basis.

Boo on Lolo not getting a question at the end. I guess they were afraid she would explode. Also, letting Anthony have any more airtime.  Complete waste of time.

It's funny. This season made me realize how much I prefer regular Big Brother.

See you guys in the summer!

Edited by vb68
  • Love 14

I was so glad that kind, shy Tamar was able to pull out the win....

This was clearly the season that self-awareness took a vacation.  How exactly did Ricky think his request for the HGs to "be real" would benefit him?  Clearly they really didn't buy it.  I also loved how his biggest regret was personally not winning a comp.  I know he back-pedaled to make it about the "team", but his closest "team" members were sitting there on the jury.  He saw how they were all season, did he really think they wouldn't be bitter?

Thank goodness this awful season is done!

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 9

So Tamar won cause I guess she needed the money? Nothing in her game play deserved it. Count me in thinking Ricky was gonna win in a landslide (based on game play). At least he shouldn't need the money (honestly don't know, even though I'm a Dolphins fan) from his NFL career. He won competitions, made a huge move in voting Lolo out at the end. His answers sucked, after those thought he was in trouble. I'm still confused as hell as to what the "Mooch's" contribution to the show was. No idea Ryan and Joey were best friends after Ryan's bromance with Jon. Who won favorite house guest? Turned it off after Tamar won.

Edited by yanksno1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

Wow! I thought Ricky would win in a landslide.

He would have if he chose Lolo with probably only Purple Hair giving her a vote.  But he kept his word to Tamar and Tamar was going to win in a landslide against either Ricky or Lolo.  She knows how to put on the charm and work other people far better than the athletes.  She played both sides of the house and she played it well.  She did play the better game though I wanted Ricky to win. 

And I guess the big news is "I'll see you this June" from Julie.  Looks like CBS and her made a deal ... despite her last name she won't shut up about.

Edited by green
  • Love 7

I don’t think Ricky could have won against anyone.  I thought he played the best in terms of alliances and winning comps.  But a lot of personal convos seemed forced.  Like he was trying too hard to relate and I think that has a lot to do with his social anxiety problems.

• Love 1

What a weird, intense finale. These people might be used to the spotlight but by the end, most of them were just vibrating with so many emotions. Kandi was shaking in her exit interview. Lolo could barely contain her rage. Dina looked really happy. Kato felt vindicated. Tom seemed relieved it was over. Ricky must have been gutted but you couldn't tell. I'm not sure what Tamar was feeling, apart from shocked. 

Julie, oddly, didn't seem like her old self. Maybe she was overshadowed by all the giant personalities, hard to say. 

Several of them seemed legitimately happy about their new friendships. It seemed real. 

There's a surreal aspect to CBB that you don't get with the regular version. You get bizarre juxtapositions like Kato Kaelin joking around with Anthony Scaramucci and Ryan Lochte and Dina Lohan. I'll always be here for that. 

I'm looking forward to regular BB, but I found this season of CBB extremely odd but compelling. I hope there's a CBB 3. 

• Love 10

I will give credit where credit is due, however; Tamar was VERY well-spoken in her responses to the Jury questions,and her trick hair was working.  

To swipe an expression from one of my uncles: Tamar sure do clean up good when she needs to, don’t she now?

My favorite part of the evening, though, is still Tom winning AFHG.  The Loco/Natalie reactions were priceless; their faces went to set-in-stone so fast, you’d have thought they were modeling for Mount Rushmore.  In terms of shock and dismay, second only to FmfG when Donny took AFHG in BB16.  😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I'm really surprised that not only did Tamar win, but she won ALL the votes!  (I should have known; she WAS wearing her lucky wig, after all!)  I guess Ricky should have brought Dina to the Final 2; that should have garnered him some votes.

I've always hated Tom Green, and never watched a single episode of a "Real Housewives" show, so I'm shocked that Tom and Kandi were my 2 favorites this season.  In comparison to the rest of the HGs, they seemed relatively nice and normal (for Hollywood people).  

I love BB and have never missed a single episode, but I really don't care for these winter seasons and gimmick seasons.  BB is my summer fun.  I have other things to do the rest of the year.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

I'm really surprised that not only did Tamar win, but she won ALL the votes!  (I should have known; she WAS wearing her lucky wig, after all!)  I guess Ricky should have brought Dina to the Final 2; that should have garnered him some votes.

So - does that mean Ricky will now and forever be known as the Woo of BB?  ;>

I've always hated Tom Green, and never watched a single episode of a "Real Housewives" show, so I'm shocked that Tom and Kandi were my 2 favorites this season.  In comparison to the rest of the HGs, they seemed relatively nice and normal (for Hollywood people).  

In truth, I never liked Tom Green back in his heyday; to me he was one of those comedians who was always trying WAY TOO HARD to get the laugh, with the result always falling flat.  There were still flashes of THAT Tom from time to time - Cereal Box Osprey being a prime example - but on the whole he seems a lot more comfortable in his own skin nowadays, and I find that much more likeable.

P. S.: that’s the same reason I can’t stand Will Ferrell for more than 3-4 minutes at a shot; the older I get, the lower my OTTDTT* drops.

* Over-The-Top Dumbass Tolerance Threshold 

Edited by Nashville
Manual post merge
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Congrats to Tamar.

She deserved it due to gameplay and her alliances, but this season makes me wish that they don't have another celeb bb anytime soon. The first season was so much fun. Sure the winner at the end wasn't right, but it seemed more strategic and less personal. Omarosa and Ross were against each other, but they still had convos and seemed cordial. You can really say the same here.

I don't know. It was awkward and took away from Tamar's great gameplay.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed the first CBB - not this season, tho.

How could I cheer for any of them?  The only HG I 'reasonably' liked was Tom.  The rest were mostly loud, exhausting or bitchy and  I'm convinced one HG was only there for the free food and accommodation.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Dina seemed to be totally clueless as to what was going on.  I think anyone in the house would have beaten Dina.

The ants probably could’ve beaten Dina at F2.

Was I imagining things or was Ricky staring at Tamar's backside after the jury made their votes and CBS was going to a commerical break.  Tamar was reaching over the back of the couch and that is when I thought I caught Ricky staring at Tamara's backside.

Why not?  The rest of America was.

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, nickp1991 said:

It took 19 years but we’re getting a Black winner

IKR. It's a damn shame. Big Brother is the most racist reality show on TV. 19 years! Survivor has had multiple Black winners, oh well, back to Survivor. I'm sure the regular season of Survivor will be more of the same trashy ass racist hipsters. 

I think that Tamar told Ricky that BB had NEVER in 19 freaking years had a Black winner (has one ever made it to the final 2?)and that was the reason why he gave it to her. 

Edited by Queena
  • Love 1

I prefer Natalie for a couple of reasons.

She wasn't nearly as over the top as Tamara.  Secondly, she performed well in the physical competitions.

Dina didn't look all that healthy to me.

Oh, I wasn’t expressing preference at all; I was simply amused at Terror’s demonstration of camera-blindness at THAT specific moment in time.  😄

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, vb68 said:

Boo on Lolo not getting a question at the end. I guess they were afraid she would explode. Also, letting Anthony have any more airtime.  Complete waste of time.

Who ever thought anyone would be interested in Mooch's opinions when he was there for all of 15 minutes as some kind of fucking nobody? I guess some people would...

15 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Julie, oddly, didn't seem like her old self. Maybe she was overshadowed by all the giant personalities, hard to say. 

Julie didn't seem like her old 'Chenbot' self which she used to embrace for this entire season. Most of her live appearances seemed to be all 'Hurry UP! We don't have much Time! ANSWER!'

And her exit interviews seemed the same. 'Stop talking and just answer the next question on my list.'

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Queena said:

I think that Tamar told Ricky that BB had NEVER in 19 freaking years had a Black winner (has one ever made it to the final 2?)and that was the reason why he gave it to her. 

Danielle made it to the final 2 back in season 3 and she totally should have won but she got screwed over because the jury wasn't sequestered back then so they watched all the episodes, got really pissed, and refused to vote for her. I believe they started sequestering the jury after that debacle.  I'm still so bitter about that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Danielle made it to the final 2 back in season 3 and she totally should have won but she got screwed over because the jury wasn't sequestered back then so they watched all the episodes, got really pissed, and refused to vote for her. I believe they started sequestering the jury after that debacle.  I'm still so bitter about that.

Me too!  Danielle remains my favorite BB player ever.  She was robbed!

• Love 5

The hell Ricky? Do  you got that NFL head injury thing Will Smith made a movie about a few years back? It's the ONLY possible explanation why you would pull a Cody and throw away a GUARANTEED win by not brining Dina along.

With that said it was worth it to watch Lolo IMPLODE with bitterness! That was a thing of beauty!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

What was Tamra talking about?  Is she penniless???

Why are the Braxtons always broke? First, Toni now Tamar. 

I love that it seems every season of big brother is deemed the worst ever. Makes me wonder if some only hate watch it.

This season had the highs and lows of any big brother season to me. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What was Tamra talking about?  Is she penniless???

People like that are never penniless in the literally sense like we might be.  I guess when you got under a couple of mil in their world they think that is penniless.

And it is like when you hear people declare bankruptcy.  They never are literally bankrupt.  It's a legal dodge to pay less to their creditors.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, mikewho said:

Julie didn't seem like her old 'Chenbot' self which she used to embrace for this entire season. Most of her live appearances seemed to be all 'Hurry UP! We don't have much Time! ANSWER!'

She was also snippy about contestants putting down their answers before she told them to. I think she had a sense of power slipping away, and needed to feel like she was in control.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

She was also snippy about contestants putting down their answers before she told them to. I think she had a sense of power slipping away, and needed to feel like she was in control.

I dont understand all this Julie wasn't herself stuff. Especially this example. Julie always gets this way in a time crunch. These celebs are much harder to round up because they have to keep being instructed on what to do. She was just trying to get stuff done and on time.

• Love 3

I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

True, Julie has always been more 'firm', shall we say, during live competitions and interviews. I'm sure there are always producers in her earpiece saying something like, 'Move it along!'

But this season, rather than seeming as if she was losing power, she seemed to be Wielding it more. She just seemed more rude in her admonitions. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

True, Julie has always been more 'firm', shall we say, during live competitions and interviews. I'm sure there are always producers in her earpiece saying something like, 'Move it along!'

But this season, rather than seeming as if she was losing power, she seemed to be Wielding it more. She just seemed more rude in her admonitions. 

She scared the crap out of Dina - she didn't know what to do. I just kept my eyes on her the whole time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Evenshorter said:

She scared the crap out of Dina - she didn't know what to do. I just kept my eyes on her the whole time.

Hah! That's how she sounded to me. 'DINA! I keep TELLING you. DON'T put your paddle down until I TELL you to!'

(ferchrisake!).

If they need more time for the 'live stuff' on a 'live show', then cut out the filler crap and repeats of things we've already seen.

Personally, I look most forward to seeing the live shows. To have them always seem rushed kinda pisses me off.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

These celebs are much harder to round up because they have to keep being instructed on what to do. She was just trying to get stuff done and on time.

So why complain when a celeb has gotten the idea and does the right thing at the right time without being told?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

So why complain when a celeb has gotten the idea and does the right thing at the right time without being told?

Who's complaining about those people? We're discussing Julie's attitude towards those who didn't.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mikewho said:

Who's complaining about those people? We're discussing Julie's attitude towards those who didn't.

I was referring to Julie complaining to contestants about putting their paddles down after the round was clearly done and tallied, but before she said so. She should have been happy they were resetting for the next round promptly, as it helped make up the time spent waffling on their answers (which is nothing new).

• Love 2

I don't think it's necessarily Julie just being nit-picky.  I've always assumed that there's someone off camera who keeps track of the score and they want the houseguests to keep their answers up until they've been "officially" recorded and Julie gets the go-ahead to proceed.  

• Love 2
On 2/13/2019 at 10:20 PM, Nashville said:

I was concerned this season might lead me to swear off BB, but I think at least one more season may be necessary - if for no other reason than to get the taste of THIS shitshow out of my mouth.

Oh, you know you'll watch BB and CBB until the end of time  This from one Nashvillian to another.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1