Type keyword(s) to search

Under the Mask: Clues and Clue Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Dani said:

I agree. The clues last week (anchor, Rubik’s cube, VHS tapes and Mr Rogers’ trolley) also pointed to him. 

A modern dress for a family members ball. I think it’s Sarah Hyland. The rose and moon last week match her. 

I've seen Speculation that the Rose could point to Lucy Hale who was on PLL with the city being named ROSEwood, Also with the Sewing Machine being a nod to her Character of Katy Keene and The Red Cape being another nod to PLL. Also heard Sofia Carson who was on the PLL Spinoff The Perfectionists. Also the sewing machine being a nod to her Character Evie From the Descendants movie Franchise and the Rose being in the movie 

(edited)

Finally getting caught up with last week's episode. I paused it after the Banana's clue package, because I had an idea that I wanted to throw out here before the end in case he gets eliminated (and before I read any comments).  Banana is Larry the Cable Guy. I previously said Bill Engvall, but because of the cowboy boots, his saying "get 'er done", and just the way he talks leads me to think it's Larry.

Just going to add thoughts as I watch...

When Mouse started singing I immediately thought of Tina Turner, but I'm not sure what her health situation is these days, so...<shrug>

Well, this isn't a good sign-so far Ken has had the same guesses as me 🤣

No clue about the Frog.  I made the Fresh Prince connection, but I don't think it's Alfonso. Maybe Jaden Smith?

As for Taco...clueless as well, but Ken might actually be on to something with saying Alec Baldwin. The connections he made made sense, anyways.

Well, dang, Kitty has me stumped as well

Edited by marykat71702
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Roxie said:

I wonder why none of the judges has mentioned Kitty's different-colored eyes as a possible clue yet?

I’ve wondered too. Maybe they sit too far away to notice?

4 hours ago, Rickster said:

I’ve wondered too. Maybe they sit too far away to notice?

They have binoculars.  I've seen a couple of the judges use them.

• Love 1

Guesses

Night Angel - Kandi Burruss

Swan - Alyssa Milano or Neve Campbell

Rhino - Tim Tebow

No guesses for Astronaut and T-Rex but the consensus is Hunter Hayes and JoJo Siwa respectively.

Edited by NotChristine

I'm still curious about one thing in Bear Palin's clue package. The camera panned over, then lingered on, a bowl of what looked like french fries. Still don't know what that meant. I was thinking, "If it's *french* fries, it must be someone who's spent time in France, or maybe is from Quebec. If it's french *fries*, I bet it's Drew Barrymore; she was in a movie called Home Fries." I still don't get how French *or* fries applies to Sarah Palin. ???

10 hours ago, Lorna Mae said:

I'm still curious about one thing in Bear Palin's clue package. The camera panned over, then lingered on, a bowl of what looked like french fries. Still don't know what that meant. I was thinking, "If it's *french* fries, it must be someone who's spent time in France, or maybe is from Quebec. If it's french *fries*, I bet it's Drew Barrymore; she was in a movie called Home Fries." I still don't get how French *or* fries applies to Sarah Palin. ???

During the 2008 campaign she got pranked into thinking she was talking to the French president. 

Rhino is Henry Thomas. He began acting as a child in E.T. (the red bike soaring is a reference). He is a singer and has been in a band called The Blueheelers, but also worked solo on his film Honey Baby. He had issues with alcohol last year and had a DUI and had to complete a diversion program. He was in a TV show called Midnight Mass (the clue Faith)

23 hours ago, Dani said:

During the 2008 campaign she got pranked into thinking she was talking to the French president. 

There was some backlash against the French for a while. Some of the politicians were trying to rename French Fries as "Freedom" fries. 

This current group is really stumping me. I had a crazy random guess for Night Angel: Wynonna Judd, something in the clue package and her voice made her jump in to my mind. My mom thinks it's Taraji Henson.

Also, for T Rex, I was thinking Willow Smith, but I think she's a better singer than that also not quite that tall. 

Thought everyone sounded better this week than last week.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, Angeleyes said:

Rhino is Henry Thomas. He began acting as a child in E.T. (the red bike soaring is a reference). He is a singer and has been in a band called The Blueheelers, but also worked solo on his film Honey Baby. He had issues with alcohol last year and had a DUI and had to complete a diversion program. He was in a TV show called Midnight Mass (the clue Faith)

Henry isn’t very tall, so I don’t think it’s him. 

1 hour ago, jah1986 said:

This current group is really stumping me. I had a crazy random guess for Night Angel: Wynonna Judd, something in the clue package and her voice made her jump in to my mind. My mom thinks it's Taraji Henson.

Also, for T Rex, I was thinking Willow Smith, but I think she's a better singer than that also not quite that tall. 

Thought everyone sounded better this week than last week.

Wynonna has struggled with her weight for decades, so I don’t think it’s her. I thought it was Taylor Dante, but the empire is throwing me off. 

1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

Henry isn’t very tall, so I don’t think it’s him. 

Wynonna has struggled with her weight for decades, so I don’t think it’s her. I thought it was Taylor Dante, but the empire is throwing me off. 

Actually, according to the Google, Henry is 6'1" tall.

The only guess I feel secure about is TRex, she's also the only one of the popular guesses I'm familiar with.

IDK, I'm just not feeling it this season. There's a lot of people making it through I'm not familiar with and it's not as much fun for me as it was with Daughtry and Brady.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Roxie said:

Actually, according to the Google, Henry is 6'1" tall.

Okay, elsewhere I read he’s 5’10 1/2”, which is usually code for 5’8”.   You’re probably right but I just am not getting that vibe yet. Plus, it sounded like he had married relatively recently and Henry hasn’t had a new wife since 2009. Also, weren’t there a lot of football references?  Did Henry play?  

Having said all that, I never guess right, besides the moment Taco sang his first note. So obviously Tom Bergeron.  Also, T-Rex inspires the same immediate annoyance of Jo Jo with the bow bow. 

• Love 1

One of my coworkers and her friends (in their 30s) were squealing on Facebook that they think the Astronaut is Jonathan Taylor Thomas from Home Improvement.  I read the clues and I don't see it.

• Love 1

I didn’t have a guess for Rhino until someone mentioned Barry Zito and the voice clicked.  The clues fit

Gentle Giant - pitcher for the Giants

Crashed and burned after being on top- he was the highest paid pitcher in baseball and ended up being benched for the World Series

Grand Ole Opry - he performed at the Opry

Butterflies - title of a song he wrote for an Eddie Murphy movie soundtrack 

South - southpaw

Big diamond - baseball diamond

“how can you not be romantic about something like that”-  “how can you not be romantic about baseball” from Moneyball about the 2002 A’s.

“performing for a king is in your blood.”  - His parents met working with Nat King Cole 

16 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

One of my coworkers and her friends (in their 30s) were squealing on Facebook that they think the Astronaut is Jonathan Taylor Thomas from Home Improvement.  I read the clues and I don't see it.

Circle of Life = JTT was Simba in the original Lion King

Child Star = obvious

...but it's almost certainly Hunter Hayes.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Dani said:

I didn’t have a guess for Rhino until someone mentioned Barry Zito and the voice clicked.  The clues fit

I would love it if it was Barry Zito... someone I've not only heard of, but actually like! But I have a feeling a lot of others would be like, "Who???"

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:51 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

I would love it if it was Barry Zito... someone I've not only heard of, but actually like! But I have a feeling a lot of others would be like, "Who???"

I'd be "Who???" but I knew who Bella Thorne was. The idea isn't for every celebrity to be known to every person in the audience but to have a wide enough range that everyone in the audience knows a handful of the celebrities. I didn't know who that ice cream guy was last season either but I'm sure someone did.

If people who know Barry Zito say the clues line up, I'm willing to believe them.

• Love 1

Hey

Astronaut is Simon Helberg,

Not only does it sound like him, the clues where bloody obvious! They even mentioned Big Bang Theory! Also, he was a astronaut in the show.

Edited by Goof
9 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

I am going to go full-on Ken Jeong here for a minute...

Kitty is Taylor Swift. She was in that abomination of the remake of Cats, and in the package, Frog said "why do you have to be so mean?" 🤣

Taylor Smith is 5'10".  Kitty isn't that tall.  I haven't watched Cats but I read that it was really bad.

I've changed my stance on Frog. It may well be Alfonso Riebero. At the start of the clue package, the music from Always Sunny in Philadelphia was playing. I can only take that as a Fresh Prince reference. There was something else that made me think that, but I can't remember now. Bow Wow is not from Philly, and Alfonso started out as a child actor -- and dancer. 

16 hours ago, Lorna Mae said:

I've changed my stance on Frog. It may well be Alfonso Riebero. At the start of the clue package, the music from Always Sunny in Philadelphia was playing. I can only take that as a Fresh Prince reference. There was something else that made me think that, but I can't remember now. Bow Wow is not from Philly, and Alfonso started out as a child actor -- and dancer. 

What was the significance of the bow tie?

While watching the after show, Angel said something about being on Cloud 9.  Which is the name of the retail store on the TV show 'Superstore'.  I haven't watched the clues in a while so I remember nothing about her.  I looked up America Ferrera.  She did do one musical - it looks like.  Although, it didn't sound like she was cast for any exceptional singing abilities.  I could not find any other videos with her singing. 

2 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Didn’t Carlton/Alfonso always wear a bow tie?  I think the cockiness fits, too. 

Edited by Roxie

Wow it cracks me up that dancing around makes someone some great performer. Like the tounge baths given to Frog. It's still a crock of shit he beat Kitty last week but sadly some value whether someone can dance around on stage more than actual singing ability. I've literally seen some on YouTube videos go "Kitty is boring cause she just stands there and sings 🙄🙄. At least Frog puts on a great performance SMH

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

There's no way Jenny knows who Barry Zito is.

Most of the time I think she’s full of shit but she should know him. She’s a lifelong baseball fan. Any Cubs fan is going to know Zito. If any of the judges were going to recognize him she was the most likely one. 

There's no way Jenny knows who Barry Zito is.

This isn't the first time she's guessed the correct not obvious singer. She's too stupid - even Ken is more believable when he guesses correctly. I've always felt TPTB feeds her the correct answers.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Wow it cracks me up that dancing around makes someone some great performer. Like the tounge baths given to Frog. It's still a crock of shit he beat Kitty last week but sadly some value whether someone can dance around on stage more than actual singing ability. I've literally seen some on YouTube videos go "Kitty is boring cause she just stands there and sings 🙄🙄. At least Frog puts on a great performance SMH

This is the reason why a lot of the great older singers like Patti Labelle are let go early.  The audience wants to see dancing.  At least Frog can dance unlike Gronk.  The latter was just embarrassing and shouldn't have lasted that long.  However, I'm glad the turtle showed more dancing since he has a better voice than the Frog.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:40 AM, nittanycougar said:

I am convinced that Kitty is Debbie Gibson or Tiffany, both nineties pop stars. When she sang "Mercy," the tone was very similar to "Lost in Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson.

I think Kitty is Debbie Gibson, too. She did that parody mock-cat-fight with Tiffany. On Pinterest, Debbie has sewing room ideas and craft room inspirations. I think it's Debbie. 

• Love 1
On 4/25/2020 at 7:03 PM, Commando Cody said:

You're thinking of it pronounced like a bow tie. But it's a tie with the word "Bow" before it. 

The frog is Bow Wow. Every hint confirms this. His build is very unique, and although Alfonso R is the closest in body type, he wouldn't be rapping. He would be singing Brat Pack style songs like Tom Bergeron (aka Taco) sang, as that's his wheelhouse. 

On 4/25/2020 at 2:32 AM, Lorna Mae said:

I can only take that as a Fresh Prince reference. There was something else that made me think that, but I can't remember now. Bow Wow is not from Philly, and Alfonso started out as a child actor -- and dancer. 

Bow Wow's career mimicked parts of Will Smith's (family friendly young rapper turned actor) so much that Ice Cube went to make a show starring Bow Wow that was intended to mirror Quincy Jones' Fresh Prince of Bel Air. The show never made it past the pilot, but Bow Wow still refers to his time on cable TV to be "his Fresh Prince of Bel Air."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

You're thinking of it pronounced like a bow tie. But it's a tie with the word "Bow" before it. 

The frog is Bow Wow. Every hint confirms this. His build is very unique, and although Alfonso R is the closest in body type, he wouldn't be rapping. He would be singing Brat Pack style songs like Tom Bergeron (aka Taco) sang, as that's his wheelhouse. 

Bow Wow's career mimicked parts of Will Smith's (family friendly young rapper turned actor) so much that Ice Cube went to make a show starring Bow Wow that was intended to mirror Quincy Jones' Fresh Prince of Bel Air. The show never made it past the pilot, but Bow Wow still refers to his time on cable TV to be "his Fresh Prince of Bel Air."

I was posing the question to the poster who thinks that Frog is Carton from 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'.  I wanted to know how it was significant to Alfonso Reibero.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I was posing the question to the poster who thinks that Frog is Carton from 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'.  I wanted to know how it was significant to Alfonso Reibero.  

I just replied to the wrong quote is all.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:52 AM, realdancemom said:

This is the reason why a lot of the great older singers like Patti Labelle are let go early.  The audience wants to see dancing.  At least Frog can dance unlike Gronk.  The latter was just embarrassing and shouldn't have lasted that long.  However, I'm glad the turtle showed more dancing since he has a better voice than the Frog.

Then why watch the Masked SINGER.? People who need a singer to dance kill me. I dont need a singer to dance if their voice has me paying attention. A singer like Jackie Evancho I can ,listen to any time.  Dancing doesn't make it best performance of the night for me. Jackie kicks Bow Wow and basically the rest of the field ass vocally JMO. Though iMO Jesse Mcartney is the best male left. Yes those are just my guesses for 3 of the singers left 

• Love 1

That does seem to the real issue with reality shows.  When the audience gets to vote, it's a popularity contest over a talent contest.  Many singers who weren't the worst of the night have gone home.  Gronk was the worst of every show and look how long he hung in there. 

I still believe that some of the performers are only available for a limited time.  I think they are given bad songs to sing so it doesn't look fixed.  

• Love 2