Type keyword(s) to search

Under the Mask: Clues and Clue Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Eagle is Alice Cooper, maybe?

For me, Eagle's clues immediately brought to mind either Steven Tyler or Axl Rose, but would either of them actually do this show?

Could the Leopard be one of the other Pussycat Dolls?

Fox-Deadshot? Will Smith? But again, would he do this show?

Flower-I got a racing vibe, and she's female, so here's a way out there guess-Danica Patrick?

Rottweiler-Here's another way out there guess, but Snoop Dogg? (He's known to be a perfectionist, so...)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

For me, Eagle's clues immediately brought to mind either Steven Tyler or Axl Rose, but would either of them actually do this show?

Could the Leopard be one of the other Pussycat Dolls?

Fox-Deadshot? Will Smith? But again, would he do this show?

Flower-I got a racing vibe, and she's female, so here's a way out there guess-Danica Patrick?

Rottweiler-Here's another way out there guess, but Snoop Dogg? (He's known to be a perfectionist, so...)

Those all sound like valid guesses to me! I at first thought Bret Michaels for the eagle because of the bandanna and "rock and roll" stuff. But then I thought of Alice Cooper and the "106" radio station and the show he has on there (The Eagle). Also, Michaels is a reality show whore so it's plausible that he'd want to do this kind of thing. 

They said that "these aren't Halloween costumes" but damn it if I don't want one for Halloween now...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Until I hear more clues and watch/listen to them sing, I'm going for the obvious:

Ice Cream - Vanilla Ice

Eagle - Joe Walsh

Flamingo - Gwen Stefani

Not sure about Leopard, but the disguised voice sounded British (or thereabouts).

• Love 2

oh my gosh!! great thoughts here!!  i was working my list again this a.m. over coffee and here is what i have:

fox; guy fieri

ice cream: chris from bachelor or some other person from that franchise

eagle: joe walsh

flamingo: pink

penguin: vanilla ice

leopard: sharon osborne

thingamajig: dennis rodman

panda: rachel ray

thoughts?

• Love 3

The Fox said he's a superhero... an actor who has played a comic book character.  Would love for it to be Ryan Reynolds, since his appearance on the Korean show helped make the U.S. version a reality.

Eagle - the red bandanna screams Bret Michaels to me, which is probably too obvious

Flamingo - Pink

Leopard - Michelle Obama

Thingamajig - obviously a basketball player, and seems to be this season's version of the Monster, i.e. the one the show wants to win

Hoping for some real star power this season and not has-beens like Tori Spelling.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

They said that "these aren't Halloween costumes" but damn it if I don't want one for Halloween now...

This made me LOL, but I totally agree!! These are so elaborate and beautiful!! Well, most of them...

So my guesses so far, for those who care and those who don't, are as follows:

Black Widow - Rita Ora or Iggy Izalea (because of their collabo together)

Butterfly - Taylor Swift (Didn't she say something about "shaking off" something or other?) or Ke$ha

Eagle - My husband said Brett Michaels or Kid Rock

Egg - Simone Biles (Olympic gold medalist, maybe?)

Flamingo - Nicki Minaj

Flower - no idea

Fox - no idea

Ice Cream - no idea

Leopard - Monica Lewinsky or Michelle Obama (I know, obvious much?)

Panda - Rachel Ray or Padma Lakshmi

Penguin - Sia (because of the wigs)

Rottweiler - no idea

Skeleton - Alice Cooper

Thingamajig - no idea

Tree - no idea

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

This made me LOL, but I totally agree!! These are so elaborate and beautiful!! Well, most of them...

So my guesses so far, for those who care and those who don't, are as follows:

Butterfly - Taylor Swift (Didn't she say something about "shaking off" something or other?) or Ke$ha

Eagle - My husband said Brett Michaels or Kid Rock

Flamingo - Nicki Minaj

Flower - no idea

Fox - no idea

Ice Cream - no idea

Leopard - Monica Lewinsky or Michelle Obama (I know, obvious much?)

Panda - Rachel Ray or Padma Lakshmi

Penguin - Sia (because of the wigs)

Rottweiler - no idea

Skeleton - Alice Cooper

Thingamajig - no idea

Tree - no idea

you have some great ideas here. i cant wait to watch and see more clues.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm reading lots of people on YouTube guessing Mayim Bialik for the Flower, based on the 'she blossoms in every field' and 314 being a TBBT reference. 

I could see that. That would also fit my speculation the 314 was a reference to pi. It could be a clue to TBBT and her PhD. Plus she can sing. 

Edited by Guest
50 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm reading lots of people on YouTube guessing Mayim Bialik for the Flower, based on the 'she blossoms in every field' and 314 being a TBBT reference. 

She never crossed my mind! That would be interesting. I really like her. 

• Love 3

That's good.  I remember thinking that it could be her while she was giving her presentation when she made the "blossom" comment.  But then I wondered if it could be too obvious.

Last season the Rabbit said "it's gonna be me" which was an obvious clue, the Bee had a peach icon which was an obvious reference to Georgia, etc.  I thought the producers said the clues would be much harder to decipher this season?  Because if the Flower is Mayim Blaylik and she talked about blossoming, then that's not particularly difficult.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, blackwing said:

That's good.  I remember thinking that it could be her while she was giving her presentation when she made the "blossom" comment.  But then I wondered if it could be too obvious.

Last season the Rabbit said "it's gonna be me" which was an obvious clue, the Bee had a peach icon which was an obvious reference to Georgia, etc.  I thought the producers said the clues would be much harder to decipher this season?  Because if the Flower is Mayim Blaylik and she talked about blossoming, then that's not particularly difficult.

Based on last season the blossom thing could go either way. Puns related to the mask were the most common red herring. 

Whether it is or isn’t Mayim is going to be obvious very quickly. That’s the downside with with former child stars. I don’t even follow her that closely and still can identify the types of clues they would use for her. 

I hope this season they don’t make same mistake of narrowing down the possibilities in the first episode. 

1 hour ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Thingamajig: Wayne Brady

Butterfly: Michelle Williams

Hmm Wayne Brady seems way too short for the Thingamajig but I suppose his head could be where the chest is on that costume?

I would love it if some people like Michelle Williams or Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child heard their names being guessed last season and got interested and signed up to do this show.

Would not at all be surprised if Donny Wahlberg (or maybe Mark Wahlberg) is a contestant this year.

• Love 3
On 9/20/2019 at 7:26 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm reading that a lot of people on YouTube are saying that the Flamingo is Adrienne Bailon and the Black Widow is Raven Symone.

I haven't seen that about Adrienne, but I have seen a lot of speculation that Raven is the Black Widow.

Every time I see y'all suggest Michelle Williams, I think of the actress...

• Love 4
On 9/17/2019 at 10:23 AM, Jennabelle88 said:

That's what I was thinking since her clue about the vowels. AU = Gold  and  Protein = Teen Pro

If not Simone, what other teen pro gold medalist is there?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

That's what I was thinking since her clue about the vowels. AU = Gold  and  Protein = Teen Pro

It’s probably not Simone. She’s still competing and is almost certainly going to the olympics next year. Laurie Hernandez is a possibility. She’s the only gold medal gymnast that’s still a teen and she did Dancing With the Stars. Although she’s also trying to make a comeback and go to the olympics next year.

If it’s a gymnast height will be a big clue once we see the egg standing next to Nick. 

In other sports Chloe Kim is a possibility. 

Edited by Guest
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Could be someone who won a gold as a teen, and not necessarily someone who is still a teen now.  Tara Lipinski?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Tree is Ana Gasteyer. 

Clues: 30 = 30 Rockefeller Center, home of ....

Tv = SNL, where her most famous sketch is shown every year.  The...

Christmas = Schweddy Balls sketch.

Shes a trained singer, but on the show, she only ever sang in a comical way.

• Love 2
On 9/17/2019 at 10:11 AM, The Crazed Spruce said:

Joe Elliott? 🙂

Def Leppard is my favorite band, so I'd love this personally.  Although is it TOO obvious?

I can't remember the actual clues she gave -- so I realize I'm pretty much useless here -- but I remember thinking last night that the Butterfly could be Gwyneth Paltrow.

• Love 1

I think SimoneS has it right about Thingamajig.  There is a mention in the clues about being "on pace" and there is a cupcake with a 4 on top.  Victor Oladipo is #4 on the Indiana Pacers.  He apparently has done some singing in the past.

• Love 2

Skeleton had got to be Martin Short. He’s been on broadway, so many of the ways he moved looked like the way he moves. Cones across as an older person.

i know she wouldn’t do this, but the way butterfly walked off stage just screamed Tina Turner

On 9/17/2019 at 1:23 PM, Jennabelle88 said:

Rita Ora could use a show like this if she wants to keep trying for relevancy in the States.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:23 PM, Jennabelle88 said:

Taylor Swift is (probably) too big for the show. Kesha may benefit from the show. 

A popular guess I've seen on other boards for the Butterfly has been Michelle Williams (formerly) of Destiny's Child. She had a reality show with her now-ex fiance last year. She called off the engagement. She also admitted that she was struggling with depression, and she withdrew from the public eye to deal with that. (That'd probably would explain the "cocoon" reference, if it's her.) 

Also regarding the "take you to church" reference - Michelle has recorded gospel music as a solo artist in addition to doing R&B with Destiny's Child.

On a superficial note, the Buttlerfly's legs look like Michelle's. 😉

Michelle with her ex-fiance Chad

michelle-williams2.jpg&w=400&c=sc&poi=fa

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

A popular guess I've seen on other boards for the Butterfly has been Michelle Williams (formerly) of Destiny's Child. She had a reality show with her now-ex fiance last year. She called off the engagement. She also admitted that she was struggling with depression, and she withdrew from the public eye to deal with that. (That'd probably would explain the "cocoon" reference, if it's her.) 

Also regarding the "take you to church" reference - Michelle has recorded gospel music as a solo artist in addition to doing R&B with Destiny's Child.

On a superficial note, the Buttlerfly's legs look like Michelle's. 😉

I thought the Butterfly could be Michelle Williams, but dismissed the idea because I thought that I would recognize her voice.