Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Whispers and Rumors: Spoilers

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Maybe Tree?

I hope its tree because she would be against a strong female. It would make their decision harder.

12 hours ago, blackwing said:

Butterfly has the strongest voice of the four but the Fox is a great performer.  Since they need to get rid of the Butterfly In order to allow Flamingo to win, I think they will pair Butterfly against Fox, and Tree against Thingamajig.  Fox and Tree win.  Then In the smackdown they will discard Butterfly in favour of Thingamajig.  Sigh.

I wonder why they want Flamingo to win so bad. Wouldn't they want Butterfly in the finals because she would provide big competition. Make the finalie more interesting to watch.

I wonder getting rid of Butterfly and Flower is to create news and controversy to get people to watch the show? Well they got big news with Flower/Patti. More than I think they realized.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Horsesrunwild said:

I wonder why they want Flamingo to win so bad. Wouldn't they want Butterfly in the finals because she would provide big competition. Make the finalie more interesting to watch.

Probably because Adrienne is the bigger name on social media. Having her the finals means more social media attention and more people watching live. Flamingo and Thingamajig have both been overhyped and they are the two with the most followers on instagram. 

There also is probably something about their performances that is not translating well on tv. The TV guide reporter who so them live was certain that one of those two was going to win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:
  Reveal spoiler

Yeah I'm not surprised.  Butterfly is the strongest so they will put her up against Fox and she loses.  Tree beats Thingamajig probably based on performance, she shakes the hoops or something and moves more.

But for Butterfly to lose the smackdown against Thingamajig... shameful.  She could eat Thingamajig for lunch.  Wonder how it plays out.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly I feel like Nicole is so ridiculously and possibly literally in love with Thingamajig that she can't be objective. Maybe she influenced the other judges to vote for him over Butterfly? Or maybe they stuck Butterfly with a bad song choice like they did Patti. 

I don't think I could bear watching this show without spoilers lol. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, Unclebuck said:

The rotwiler is Chris Daughtry 

Definitely. One of the clues in last week’s episode was a small sign that said Cadence on it and that’s the name of one of the bands he was in many years ago, pre-Idol.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Definitely. One of the clues in last week’s episode was a small sign that said Cadence on it and that’s the name of one of the bands he was in many years ago, pre-Idol.

And another clue was "Boxing Day", which is his birthday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

So is Daughtry going to win since he’s the only one the judges haven’t “guessed”?

Oh don’t worry, I have no doubt that one of them will say they have been listening and they’ve finally determined that the Rottweiler is Chris Daughtry.  I am positive they are getting fed the answers.  Jenny with Adrienne Bailon.  Nicole with Seal after weeks of Billy Porter guesses.  Jenny pulling Ana Gasteyer out of her ass.  Ken somehow coming up with Victor Olapido.  Robin with Wayne Brady.  
 

The only question is going to be which one of them gets to be correct.  I think it will be Nicole.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

Oh don’t worry, I have no doubt that one of them will say they have been listening and they’ve finally determined that the Rottweiler is Chris Daughtry.  I am positive they are getting fed the answers.  Jenny with Adrienne Bailon.  Nicole with Seal after weeks of Billy Porter guesses.  Jenny pulling Ana Gasteyer out of her ass.  Ken somehow coming up with Victor Olapido.  Robin with Wayne Brady.  
 

The only question is going to be which one of them gets to be correct.  I think it will be Nicole.  

I completely disagree.  They never guessed Kelly, last year they never guessed T-Pain or Rumer.

Also, Ken is a HUGE basketball fan, and Victor has put out an album, sings on You Tube and sings before games.  *I* would've never guessed him, but most certainly he would.  

Why would the show feed the panelists some singers, but not others?  Makes no sense.

Why do people have to be so conspiracy minded?  Why not take things at face value and enjoy the show? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Oh don’t worry, I have no doubt that one of them will say they have been listening and they’ve finally determined that the Rottweiler is Chris Daughtry.  I am positive they are getting fed the answers.  Jenny with Adrienne Bailon.  Nicole with Seal after weeks of Billy Porter guesses.  Jenny pulling Ana Gasteyer out of her ass.  Ken somehow coming up with Victor Olapido.  Robin with Wayne Brady.  
 

The only question is going to be which one of them gets to be correct.  I think it will be Nicole.  

I think it's the other way around.  I don't think the judges are fed answers.  I think that sometimes judges know the person but don't want to say the answer right away.  Some of the singers like Gladys or Patti, you don't need any clues to know who they are.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

I completely disagree.  They never guessed Kelly, last year they never guessed T-Pain or Rumer.

Also, Ken is a HUGE basketball fan, and Victor has put out an album, sings on You Tube and sings before games.  *I* would've never guessed him, but most certainly he would.  

Why would the show feed the panelists some singers, but not others?  Makes no sense.

Why do people have to be so conspiracy minded?  Why not take things at face value and enjoy the show? 

I don’t understand the thought that they are being fed answers. Every celeb was guessed by fans within minutes of the first performances. The judges had a month to watch, think about it and probably talk amongst themselves. There is no way they wouldn’t guess most of these singers particularly when they’ve actually met most of them.

I do believe the judges often know or strongly suspect the correct guess well before they actually say it. 

Share this post


Link to post

The cynic in me says that Jenny at least is getting some help.  I think she was so embarrassed last season with her guess of Michael Vick for the Monster that she probably had it written in her contract that she gets to be right 50% of the time.   The Ana Gasteyer guess came out of nowhere.  And once she guessed Gasteyer, how come Ken, who had worked with her recently, didn’t think “hmmm you could be right, it does sound like her”.

I could have sworn that last season it was discussed that the panelists have some kind of binder or “cheat sheet” in front of them with biographies etc of possible people who could be behind the mask.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

The cynic in me says that Jenny at least is getting some help.  I think she was so embarrassed last season with her guess of Michael Vick for the Monster that she probably had it written in her contract that she gets to be right 50% of the time.   The Ana Gasteyer guess came out of nowhere.  And once she guessed Gasteyer, how come Ken, who had worked with her recently, didn’t think “hmmm you could be right, it does sound like her”.

I could have sworn that last season it was discussed that the panelists have some kind of binder or “cheat sheet” in front of them with biographies etc of possible people who could be behind the mask.

I have no problem believing she’s getting help and just doubt that it’s from the producers or anyone official. 

Ken seems to understand and accept that his role is to appear to be clueless. He’s going for the laugh and not to be right. The only time he’s made a serious guess this season was with Thingamajig when he realized the other judges had no clue.

Now that you mention Ken not responding to Jenny’s guess it’s made me realize he really never interacts with her. I guess that not surprising given he’s a medical doctor stuck next to a anti-vaxer. 

I remember that interview that mentioned the binder. The judges said that it was completely useless and only had information about the masks. It was full of Peacock facts but nothing the pointed to Donny Osmond. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

The cynic in me says that Jenny at least is getting some help.  I think she was so embarrassed last season with her guess of Michael Vick for the Monster that she probably had it written in her contract that she gets to be right 50% of the time.   The Ana Gasteyer guess came out of nowhere.  And once she guessed Gasteyer, how come Ken, who had worked with her recently, didn’t think “hmmm you could be right, it does sound like her”.

I could have sworn that last season it was discussed that the panelists have some kind of binder or “cheat sheet” in front of them with biographies etc of possible people who could be behind the mask.

I read a blog from someone’s who was at several of this seasons epusodes.  She said that it’s very difficult to discern the voice at the drop of a hat.  The clues are much quicker (and that the binders are just that:  binders for the judges to write notes.  She said it’s easier to determine who’s who watching it play back on tv.

Also, Ken didn’t even know Margaret Cho last year, so it doesn’t surprise me he couldn’t recall Ana Gasteyer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, roamyn said:

I completely disagree.  They never guessed Kelly, last year they never guessed T-Pain or Rumer.

Also, Ken is a HUGE basketball fan, and Victor has put out an album, sings on You Tube and sings before games.  *I* would've never guessed him, but most certainly he would.  

Why would the show feed the panelists some singers, but not others?  Makes no sense.

Why do people have to be so conspiracy minded?  Why not take things at face value and enjoy the show? 

If you listen to the tone of Ken's voice it changes when he's seriously thinking.  When they showed the knee brace he mutters "knee brace; basketball player?" to Robin in a serious tone of voice .  If he's that big a basketball fan, he'd've started running through teams and players in his head and then the Indiana clue clearly pointed to Victor.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Is this where we can discuss the hints dropped at Season 3? I'm almost certain that the chihuahua sitting next to the pink boot will be either Reese Witherspoon or someone from the Legally Blonde musical. That's all I have. 

Share this post


Link to post

I thought of her too. It's just that I would prefer Reese. I didn't catch the other female clues because Mr Bali was talking. He thinks the clue in the middle with the cowboy belt is the lead singer from The Red Hot Chili Peppers. No idea.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Youtube commenters are saying the address shown on the mouse's house (3340?) is Paris Hilton's. Plus the chihuahua. Hopefully it's a red herring.

It’s seems so obvious that it’s probably a red herring. 

8 hours ago, Bali said:

Is this where we can discuss the hints dropped at Season 3? I'm almost certain that the chihuahua sitting next to the pink boot will be either Reese Witherspoon or someone from the Legally Blonde musical. That's all I have. 

It think Reese is too big of star and I believe she is busy with her Apple TV series but maybe Laura Bell Bundy. She’s the original Elle Woods on Broadway and has tried a few times to get a country music career going. 

I’ve also seen Ashley Tisdale as a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/20/2019 at 9:37 AM, Bali said:

Is this where we can discuss the hints dropped at Season 3? I'm almost certain that the chihuahua sitting next to the pink boot will be either Reese Witherspoon or someone from the Legally Blonde musical. That's all I have. 

Singer/actress Laura Bell Bundy was part of that Musical. Could be her 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size