Type keyword(s) to search

Our Twinsane Wedding (TLC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Identical twin sisters, Brittany and Briana Deane, and identical twin brothers, Joshua and Jeremy Salyers, took the world by storm in 2018 when they got married at the annual Twins Days Festival in Twinsburg, Ohio.

New TLC Episode Features Latter-day Saint Twin Sisters' Marriage to Twin Brothers

Ever since they were little girls, Latter-day Saint twin sisters Brittany and Briana Deane dreamed of marrying twin brothers. Now, their childhood wish is coming true.

The wedding was recently featured on an episode of Our Twinsane Wedding on TLC. The hour-long episode shared insights into the special bonds these twin couples share.

Brittany and Briana Deane married twin brothers, Josh and Jeremy Salyers, at the 2018 Twins Days Festival in Twinsburg, Ohio. The couples met at the 2017 annual festival and dated long-distance until their engagement on February 2, 2018 (02/02, of course).  The joint ceremony featured twin ministers.

Briana described the ceremony as a “double fairy tale.”

“Marrying twins is something that’s very important to us," Briana told PEOPLE magazine. “Even when we were little girls I can remember being in kindergarten, knowing that that is what we saw for ourselves.”

The twin sisters knew the chances of actually marrying twin brothers were incredibly scarce. “The stars had to align for our dreams to come true,” added Brittany. “I get to marry the man of my dreams and at the same time I get to look over next to me and see my twin sister marrying the man of her dreams.”

The twin brothers had made a pact to marry twin sisters as well.  

"We’ve always felt blessed to have each other,” Josh Salyers told Good Morning America. “And now we have two other twins who are just like us . . . but they also add their own contributions that we couldn’t have. Together we can accomplish anything."

The twin couples say they are excited to all live in the same house and raise their families together.

“When we have children, my and Josh’s children will be genetic siblings to Briana and Jeremy’s children,” Brittany told PEOPLE. “Even though they’re cousins, they’re technically genetic siblings. We imagine it will be like two moms and two dads all raising our families together."

Is anyone else watching this? 

• Love 1

I happened upon this mess in the middle of it. So much codependency! The brides look older than their alleged age but have the emotional maturity of third graders. I sense that only one of these couples is actually in love and the other pair is just going along out of some bizarre sense of familial obligation. I was very relieved to search Twitter and see many twins/parents of twins utterly creeped out by this special.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

I’m watching and I’m speechless

22 hours ago, Dejana said:

I happened upon this mess in the middle of it. So much codependency! The brides look older than their alleged age but have the emotional maturity of third graders. I sense that only one of these couples is actually in love and the other pair is just going along out of some bizarre sense of familial obligation. I was very relieved to search Twitter and see many twins/parents of twins utterly creeped out by this special.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was bizarre! If I was on a jury and they were the attorneys I would think I was being punked.

They are full of themselves. What type of law firm do they work for? Do they only bill for one of the twins since they apparently share the same brain? They went on their job interview together- how does that work? They gave the law firm an ultimatum at said interview that they will take the job only if they are both hired.

I don't know if this is true.

How Brittany Deane and Briana Deane Jailed An Innocent Abuse Victim

If true, these chicks are coco for cocoa puffs!

I’m pretty sure being very conventionally attractive helped them on the “package deal” job front.  I just can’t imagine some of the other twins from the festival being able to pull that off.  

I thought it was very weird when one would not just try on the wedding dress, just to see if finding a second one was something the boutique should pursue.  Stuff like that spoke to their level of intelligence, to me, beyond just weirdness.  It was so illogical.  (As an engaged woman, the entire wedding planning timeline was off anyway, so it very well may have been that they already had dresses bought and paid for and altered to fit like a glove.  Sorry, gloves.) 

I wonder what will happen now?   Are they going to try to have identical sex lives?  What if one of the ladies/guys likes something the other one/couple doesn’t?  At very least, I can see the ladies having unprotected, PIV sex on the same days in an attempt to be pregnant at the same time.  How will they deal with one having a boy and the other having a girl, should that happen?

Their fey little fantasies have been indulged by family, employers (at least for the women), etc.  While that’s cute, never learning to live without the other could be tragic.  Not to be morbid, but I was widowed in my 40s.  What happens if one of them dies?  What happens if one has a miscarriage?  What happens if one is hurt and scarred?  I don’t know that the other twin and/or twin set could deal.  

I know this is getting long, but will the couples actually sleep together? (I don’t mean a foursome, I mean the two couples sleeping together vs. the ladies [and maybe the guys???] continuing to share a bed — although my fiancé was QUICK to point out that they didn’t actually answer the question about partner swapping when asked.). 

And, personally, there seemed to be less overall attraction to the spouses and more of an appeal of the identical.   Maybe it’s something about being 30-something virgins who were not interested in their wedding night?   

• Love 2

TLC never seems to run out of people willing to act out a freakshow on national TV for attention and a few shekels.

This was so strange. It definitely seemed like B&B were in the market for a pair of reasonably attractive twin mates who would go along with the whole conjoined at the hip thing, and J&J fit the suit, like a Johnny  Bravo kind of thing. If there had been another pair of twins at the festival who met the criteria, J&J could just have easily wound up with them instead.

I guess if they are all happy together, more power to them. I'd be interested to see what happens down the road when they are no longer "on the same page of life." If they find liking different cereal "troublesome" what happens when their lives diverge for real?

I tapped out after the first half hour. Couldn't take anymore. 

• Love 2

It really creeped me out.  So unhealthy.  Adults dressing exactly alike, down to the make-up.  Adult women CHOOSING to sleep together in the same bed. My DVR cut off the end, I am assuming they all went on honeymoon together?

One of the twin guys said they (he and his twin) are always together.  Never even go to the grocery store alone.  How can they think that is normal?  Don't they EVER need alone time?

And planning to be pregnant at the same time.  Good luck with that.

• Love 2

I told my mom-of-two-sets-of-twins friend about this; not only is she interested from the multiples angle, but she's fascinated by the LDS, so the show practically had her name written all over it.  She was very creeped out.

• Love 1

Time for another TV special...

"We are thrilled and grateful to experience overlapping pregnancies and to share this news with you all!” the caption continued. “Our children will not only be cousins, but full genetic siblings and quaternary multiples! Can't wait to meet them and for them to meet each other!”

Judging by their bumps in the announcement post, they don't seem to be due at the same time. Will it be a crisis (in their eyes) if the babies end up not really looking alike? Everything about their lives seems unhealthily enmeshed.

• Love 3