Type keyword(s) to search

[FIXED] Manage Forum Follows issue persists

nexxie

Just came here to report the same issue.  It's happening on 3 different devices (iPhone, tablet, PC) with 3 different browsers (Safari, Silk, Firefox).  Tried clearing site cookies on PC, no difference.  Followed Topics work fine, but no matter how I try to navigate to it, the Followed Forums page gets the error noted above.  I know you said it's been reported; not sure if it's helpful to get info on additional devices/browsers.

Anyway, not a huge issue since all my followed forums are on the My Homepage now.

I'm having the same problem. Any time I click on the Follows - Manage Topic Follows in the dropdown menu on the upper right corner, I get:

"Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1052"

Several days before the old forum was shut down and changed  I had ALL the shows AND topics I wanted to follow chosen and made sure every single one had been selected to Follow with no notification. I've cleared my cache (which I do at least once a day) and cookies. Under the old software each section, Shows and Topics, had between 3 and 4 pages of Saved items. Now I'm down to only 24 shows on the Forums - Manage Followed Content page (several of which I remember deleting a while back) but 34 shows on the My Homepage - your TV shows page,  and can't access my Saved Topics at all, I keep getting that Error message no matter which button or menu I click, including the Manage Topic Follows link in the dropdown menu.

Is there actually a fix for this that I missed somewhere? This is a complete mess for me now.

11 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

This issue is still under investigation. Will update when there is more info.

Now it seems to be working, some time last night after I posted the Follow Topics links brought up what I've been looking for. Fingers crossed...

I'm probably not adding any new info but I just want to add that I'm also waiting for this to be resolved. I tried different browsers but I can't access Manage Followed Content from my user name, or go to the Manage Topic Follows page. I get the Error code: EX1052 message. I have no idea how to find my Topic shows without browsing them all one by one. I don't do the homepage stuff, but I guess I'll look into it if I have to.

I have also been getting the EX1052 error message when trying to access my followed topics. In order to access my followed topics I have created an activity stream. That does the job for now, but doesn't have all the sorting options of the followed topics page and also seems limited to only topics with new posts in the last 365 days.

9 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I have also been getting the EX1052 error message when trying to access my followed topics.

Interesting that there are two different error codes. Mine is EX1054 (but that's when I try manage forum follows--topics works for me). I don't know if this is at all helpful, but I believe my account was following a fair number of archived forums. Maybe that's somehow connected to the problem? I never got around to following the new single threads for those archived forums, and now I'm not sure what they all were.

2 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

We're unable to reproduce these errors, can someone let us know if it's still occurring and if so, let us have a step-by-step of what you do when it happens please.

It's still happening to me. Steps to reproduce are very straightforward: Hover cursor over Follows tab at the top of the page until the follow options appear, then click on Manage Topic Follows.

Yesterday if I was in Manage Followed Content Forums, I was able to see the name of the forum and which thread had the new posts. This morning, the thread option is not there, meaning it now takes two clicks to get to the thread with the new posts. Did I inadvertently change something or is this how it will work now? Because if this is the new and improved way, I don't like it. 

• Love 3

I try not to complain (too much) when layouts change but like the previous poster, I don't like the recent change to the Manage Followed Content. I found the extra info on last poster or topic extremely helpful.  (The name and date of when a topic was created is wasted display space, IMO.) 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

We're unable to reproduce these errors, can someone let us know if it's still occurring and if so, let us have a step-by-step of what you do when it happens please.

8 hours ago, paulvdb said:

It's still happening to me. Steps to reproduce are very straightforward: Hover cursor over Follows tab at the top of the page until the follow options appear, then click on Manage Topic Follows.

I see you've escalated to devs.  Not sure if this is still helpful, but in addition to what PAULVDB noted, it's happening to me with every possible way I know of for getting to Followed Forums:

click or hover Follows tab, then click Manage Forum Follows - EX1054

click or hover Follows tab, click Manage Topic Follows (they show up okay) then on the left-hand side, select Forums - EX1054

click the drop-down by my username in the top right of the page, select Manage Followed Content - it defaults to Topics, but if I switch to Forum (left-hand menu) - EX1054

Am I missing any way to get to Followed Forums?  Multiple devices and browsers, consistently since the upgrade.

• Love 2

Whenever I try to get to "topics" it happens. From the Follows tab to Manage Forum Topics I get the error. From clicking my name and going to "Manage Followed Content" I get the error.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I try not to complain (too much) when layouts change but like the previous poster, I don't like the recent change to the Manage Followed Content. I found the extra info on last poster or topic extremely helpful.  (The name and date of when a topic was created is wasted display space, IMO.) 

And I agree with Tessaray that name and date of last post is necessary. Just "Last Reply" isn't good enough. Was the last reply 10 minutes ago? 10 hours ago? 10 years ago?

• Love 1

The Followed Forums page used to show information about the last post in the forum (topic, poster, date and time). This has disappeared. I found this very useful and would like to see it come back.

• Love 7

My forums are not missing but it went back to a previous bug. I always open the Manage Following Contents, which I bookmarked. After the big update, I messed around and found that is was where I could see the shows I follow  and the last post on each one - before I could see who had posted too, after the update only when the last comment was posted.

Since yesterday, I can only see the shows. There is no indication if there is new content on each one of them, which is kind of annoying, since I have to click on each one of them to find out. I will res around a little but if it could be back to the way it was before, it would be great. Thanks

Hi there! When I go to "Manage Followed Content" in my account, I can only see the topics I follow, not the forums. When I click on the "forums" button, I get this screen:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

(I'm using Firefox on Windows 10, and I use a Javascript blocker, but even when it's disabled the problem persists. Any suggestions?)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Looks like this is fixed for me. I just went to my followed topics page and did not get the error. Yay.

That sounds like progress!  For me, I'm still getting the same error as always on followed forums.  (Topics have always been okay for me.)

Here is a little bit more info I hadn't noticed before, just in case this helps: When I go to Manage Forum Follows, the browser title bar says "A configuration or server error has occurred."

On 2/22/2019 at 5:33 PM, tessaray said:

On 2/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, tessaray said:

And the detail is back for me, with the content choices at the top instead of the side again. 

Thank you!

This was fixed - thanks! - for a couple of weeks, but this evening, the Manage Followed Content has gone back to the content choices being on the side instead of the top.  The detail is still there (so that's good), but the new issue is that my sort choice (by last reply) won't stick.  Every time I go to the page, I have to sort it again to see where the latest discussions are happening. This just started happening a couple hours ago.   Thanks for looking into this. 

Up until today, the sort order when I go to "Manage Topics I Follow" was last reply. I don't know if that was default, or if I chose that at some point and it remembered. Either way, today suddenly whenever I go there it's in some random order I can't figure out, and I have to click the "Sort by" button to select Last Reply every time. Is this supposed to be remembering my choice, or did the default just change? Whatever is happening, the sort order it keeps defaulting to is completely unhelpful, and it's annoying to have to re-sort every time I go there.

For the last couple of days, neither the Topics I Follow nor Forums I Follow are retaining my "sort" preferences. I prefer to sort both by "last reply." And when I choose this, this happens. But when I return to that page (even as soon as a few seconds after leaving it), the items are unsorted again.

Day before yesterday I noticed my “Manage Forum Follows” listing was not behaving properly; the display was no longer sorting in Last Reply order.  

Clicking the ‘Sort by’ drop-down and re-selecting Last Reply corrects the display, but the selection is no longer retained when you navigate away from the current page display - when you return to the Manage Forum Follows page the forum list is once again in a seemingly random order, and Last Reply is no longer selected in the ‘Sort by’ drop-down.  

I logged out and flushed my tablet’s cache of everything Previously.tv-related, but the behavior persists.

Problem is being experienced on an iPad running Safari web browser on iOS 12.1.4 - no software updates applied to either within at least two weeks prior to demonstration of this problem.

• Love 1

I am having an issue with my Manage Followed Content page. I've always had it set so it's sorted by last reply, but yesterday everything was out of order and not sorted by last reply anymore. I tried setting it back, which works temporarily, but any time I go away from the page and then revisit it again, the setting has become undone. Is there any way to keep the "sort by" setting checked the way it used to be?

• Love 1

My preference to manage followed content by last reply has stop working and seems to list the topics randomly. So I have to keep going back and clicking twice to bring up my topics in the order I asked for.

• Love 1

I have always had my followed topics sorted by the most recent reply.

Now, the page always displays in the order in which they they were subscribed to, which is the  most useless sorting method I can imagine. Who cares how long ago I subscribed? I come here to see new posts, not check how long ago a show started airing and I started to watch it.

I can check the box to re-sort and display by most recent reply, but it's an extra step I have to take every time I visit, and it's getting really annoying.

• Love 1

On the Manage Followed Content page I've selected the sort as "Last Reply", but if I leave the page and come back to it the forums and topics are back to what seems like a random sort and I have to reselect what I want. 

• Love 2

My homepage is set to Managed Followed Content/My Forums.  I like it to sort by last reply.  I select that but if I close that window, next time I come back, it's back to the default sorted way.  How do I save my preferences to always sort by last reply?

On 3/4/2019 at 7:52 PM, Inquisitionist said:

I can see my followed forums and topics, but every time I go there, I have to hit my preferred sort option again (by most recent post).  Is there some way to make this choice stick?

This problem seems to have been fixed.  Thanks!

• Love 1