Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Star City Slayer

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

THE TEAM IS TARGETED — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) are disappointed after they learn that William (guest star Jack Moore) is hiding something from them. Wanting to focus on his family, Oliver steps back from his Green Arrow duties and let’s the team take over tracking down a serial killer. However, when the team becomes targets for the killer, things take a bloody turn. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Jill Blankenship (#713). Original airdate 2/11/2019.

Bye Curtis! Please don't come back.

Hah! Love it! I knew Mia/Maya was Olicity's kid.

Please tell me William isn't a pissy 30+ year old man because he chose to leave?!

They tried hard for that horror movie vibe but, it only worked (for me) when the music box was playing and the Queen Family Scene.

Stanley is super creepy and I'm happy (crazy, right?) That they didn't kill him. I want him to come back and be creepy again

• Love 12

So Mia Smoak....no Mia Queen? Diggle Jr. doesnt have his real name and now Mia wont even have Olivers last name lol. 

BUT.....no one tells William? He doesnt come back AT ALL to meet his baby sister or Olicity dont visit with his baby sister? And Mia ends up having a horrible life...nice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Stanley is awesome. The actor's been doing random creepiness since Goosebumps and he's still got it. That scene in the Queen home was really creepy and well done.

So the endless cycle of Queen men and their half-sisters with family issues continues. No surprise. Still liked the reveal. Also, liked Future William accidentally calling Felicity his mom before correcting himself.

So they decided not to hyphenate Smoak-Queen? Too worried she'd sound like a fairy tale villain?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

YES! Hello, Mia Smoak. Oh, I can't wait to see Felicity tell Oliver she's pregnant.

Really enjoyed the episode, much more than other episodes this season.

But yeah, if Adult William is all, "Oliver and Felicity abandoned me" because he decided to leave and there's not more to that, come on. 

Stanley is 100% more terrifying than Diaz. 

Bye, Curtis. Won't miss you. But for the first time in a while, you didn't annoy me in your last scene. 

• Love 10

I didn't think young William was able to take his annoyance to a higher level but he did tonight.

Pancakes and special chili for getting expelled??!!!! William should count his blessings Oliver is a naive parent.

John never really wanted to have Curtis stay. He talked promotion but never discussed salary increase or personal bathroom or other benefits. Show him the love John!

Stanley should focus on improving his typing words per minute instead of being a lunatic.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

I liked this much more than last week. I was about to posit that we'll now sit through months of speculation about who Mia's father is, but I see from the above post that KM already answered that. Thanks, KM! 

Stanley is a pretty great Big Bad, and I would have rather they dragged that out much longer instead of going back to DDDiaz. 

• Love 6

Felicity must be off her game if her fancy new security system doesn't have a backup power generator and doesn't have some sort of automatic lockdown protocol.

So future William thinks of Felicity as his mom but apparently won't be a part of his sister's life?  Because it sure looked like neither of them recognized each other.

Central City isn't necessarily the safest place in the world to live either.  You never know when some random evil meta will pop up and attack you.

• Love 2

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have an Olicitot! I repeat, WE HAVE A OLICITOT! This is not a drill people, this is not a drill!!

Stanley for Big Bad! He was a million times scarier and more effective as a villain in just a few scenes than Diaz has been in his entire run on the show! Most of the horror movie stuff was kind of meh with the Newbies, but when Stan got to the Queens, it was everything I wanted and more. It was scary, Stan has some serious Crazy Eyes, the Queens got to work together and kick ass, and Stan...honestly made some solid points. Oliver's friends really do suck, and they really have treated Oliver like garbage. Like, where is the lie? And now, pregnant!!! 

The Queen family is always complicated, no matter the generation, huh? I like Maya/Mia/Blackstar already, and I am now actually interested in the flashforwards! I was worried that there would be some baby daddy drama when she said she was Felicity's daughter, but looks like Kat confirms she is an Olicity baby. Thanks Kat! So was Oliver not involved in her life? Is he dead? MIA? Did Rene finally send him to an ARGUS cell to rot for all eternity because him being Mayor didnt change anything Hoss? 

Curtis leaves, and I am thrilled to watch him and his stupid costume go. And I am just fine with him not dying, its a perfectly acceptable way to have him leave, and, from my part, it means no statues get erected of him and people dont go on and on about how fucking awesome he was. Bye Felicia! 

I am actually excited about this show for the first time in ages! 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Me, coming back to the fandom because we have a child!!!:

tenor.gif?itemid=6045746

Yes because you have to raise the baby with us!!!!!!!!

Omg finally guys!!!! After 7 years! Remember when it was just shoulder touches????

We're having an Olicitot!!!!!!

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

William didn't leave

Adult William is in the future.  Young William left with his grandparents for Central City...where...where it's safer?  Does Cisco not share info with Felicity about what's going on there?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Which makes me wonder if this is oart of the reason Felicity isn't part of the SCPD thing?

Yeah, that could be. It also helps that she's the one with the job that doesn't have to be publicized since she doesn't go out in the field with them the majority of the time.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Wanderdown said:

Adult William is in the future.  Young William left with his grandparents for Central City...where...where it's safer?  Does Cisco not share info with Felicity about what's going on there?

True but, you said they just wrote out every gay character on the show. Which isn't true, since Adult William is still on the show

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, jay741982 said:

YAAAAAASSSSSS I LOVE that Mia is a Badass AND THE OLICITOT! Also Mia confirms in the episode that shes Oliver's daughter where did people get any doubt? She tells Will IM YOUR SISTER Ergo Oliver's Daughter  

I guess if you wanted to twist it or live in denial you could say well she just used sister since Will called Felicity his mom.

But, Felicity finds out she's pregnant in 2019 SC so, Mia is obviously Oliver's

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, quarks said:

I just have to jump in here with a quick scream:

Yes, Clayton grandparents, Samantha probably WOULD have wanted you to raise William. But, may I just note here that even on a show filled with morally compromised people SAMANTHA WAS THE WORST? LIKE THE COMPLETE WORST? AND YOU WERE THE TWO GENIUSES THAT RAISED HER, so, maybe Samantha's viewpoint isn't the one we should be focusing on here. 

Also where the hell were you two when Oliver was sent to jail?

Wasn't Samantha's dying wish for Oliver to raise him because he needed a parent in his life?  

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, quarks said:

Also where the hell were you two when Oliver was sent to jail?

They were presumably with everyone else who could have been helping the Queens but just decided not to because it would be a mild inconvenience to them: Assholeville. 

Seriously, Stan might have been a crazy stalker serial killer, but he made some super solid points on how almost everyone in Oliver's life has screwed him over, left, lied to and manipulated, betrayed, and generally crapped all over him without so much as a "sorry I came at you with an ax" or a "so hows that newest bought of PTSD going Oliver?" the last couple of seasons. Except for Felicity, of course. 

• Love 16

UGH Kat says in the TVLine Interview that Oliver and Felicity weren't great parents and Mia and Will will both talk about feeling like 2nd place to what Oliver and Felicity do SMH I cant believe what these fuckhead writers do to Future Olicity. Lazy writing taken from bad Fanfic out there where Olicity are shitty Parents😡. She also says Mia goes by Smoak cause Queen has a huge target on name alone and that Her and Felicity were strained in their relationship 

10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha I was folding egg whites when the news broke but now that you mention it:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

🍼🎉🍼🎉🍼🎉🍼🎉🍼🎉🍼🎉🍼🎉🍼🎉🍼

😚😙😗😍😘🤗

And Mia is Badass and Likeable! Kat says that Mia has Oliver's Fighting skills and Aggressiveness and her mommas Brain, her Ability to come up with plans and goals, and her Wit!

1 minute ago, jay741982 said:

UGH Kat says in the TVLine Interview that Oliver and Felicity weren't great parents and Mia and Will will both talk about feeling like 2nd place to what Oliver and Felicity do SMH I cant believe what these fuckhead writers do to Future Olicity. Lazy writing taken from bad Fanfic out there where Olicity are shitty Parents😡. She also says Mia goes by Smoak cause Queen has a huge target on name alone and that Her and Felicity were strained in their relationship 

She also says we gonna see the lengths Olicity will go to, to protect their children. 

• Love 13

My first thought at the last few scenes: "Hey, William's moving to Central City! Maybe Cicada will chop his punk ass up!" Imagining Oliver screaming on the phone, "Barry, you had one job! ONE! Yes, you got a bunch of other jobs, but I was counting on you!" Then I remembered the flash-forwards, and I felt stupid. Seriously, I get where William is coming from, and his dad was acting as petulant as him, but he was SO annoying.

Speaking of Central City: hey, Capt. Singh got to do a scene! In case you don't watch The Flash, he is the only person in Central City unaware that CSI Barry Allen is the Flash. Also, I forgot Dinah was from CC.

Is the character named "Stan" after the Eminem song? I'm guessing I'm not breaking out a major revelation. Credit to the actor for turning up the creep dial. And as far as tension goes, paralyzing gas is a good way to go.

"Olicitot." So cute. How long has that term been around? Very cute.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

She also says we gonna see the lengths Olicity will go to, to protect their children. 

True. It's just I hate hearing Olicity sound anything like bad parents I hate these writers putting them in misery 

I have to think that Olicity had some reasons for what they did as parents, no matter what it was, and that there is some reason that they are seemingly estranged from their kids and from each other. There HAS to be something, this is all just so depressing. Can Olicity just catch a damn break already? Now we know they just have more sadness to look forward to, unless these flashforwards are leading to a happier ending. 

Sometimes, you really do start to wonder if writers are actually sadistic who take out all their love of torture and misery and death on fictional characters because its more socially acceptable than doing awful things to real people.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

I have to think that Olicity had some reasons for what they did as parents, no matter what it was, and that there is some reason that they are seemingly estranged from their kids and from each other. There HAS to be something, this is all just so depressing. Can Olicity just catch a damn break already? Now we know they just have more sadness to look forward to, unless these flashforwards are leading to a happier ending. 

Sometimes, you really do start to wonder if writers are actually sadistic who take out all their love of torture and misery and death on fictional characters because its more socially acceptable than doing awful things to real people.

I dont think Olicity are estranged. I think the show is playing him dead or pretending to be dead so they can work on defeating the bad guys.

• Love 3

That was a nice episode of Truth Tea. Stanley far more threatening than Diaz and telling Oliver that his "friends" are really his friends. Blackstar being Oliver and Felicity's child.

The good:

Mia outsmarted Dinah, Zoe, Roy and William in the future story. (You had one job, JJ.)

Curtis is gone.

The bad:

William is gone when the Queen family was some of the best parts of the season. And he's gone in a weasel, lying way. Why didn't he tell Oliver that he wanted a normal life instead of lying all the time? Why did he call his grandparents instead of being honest?

Now I no longer dislike Future William, I hate him.

7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I think they just don't know any other way to create drama. I've had enough of it though.

31 minutes ago, Wanderdown said:

They just wrote out every gay male character in the show...

Gay policeman who dated Curtis is still there, I think I saw him on this episode. And William in the future forwards. No lesbian women though, as far as I know.

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Random note, I love how Dr. Schwartz told Felicity she's pregnant. So meta XD

I totally missed that. Good catch.