Type keyword(s) to search

S38: Preview & Speculation Thread

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

So guessing Eric isn’t going to be well received on EOE judging by the “not so fast” he got from Reem.  

So next week we had the jury leaning forward and Aubry with her hands spread wide out to the point where it looked like she was holding on for dear life to the people next to her due to the excitement.  What did Jeff say, the past may come back to haunt you?  So is one of Julia/Gavin/Victoria going to get voted out after splitting from the Kama 7 this week?  Does the past mean Rick?  Wardog?  I’m actually intrigued.  

(edited)
28 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I wonder what happens at tribal council next week that is so exciting.  Did Jeff say "I've never seen anything like this before"?

I went back and watched it.  Jeff said “I’ve never seen anything like it”, and in the voice over he said “the sins of your past” (cut to a bunch of people scheming) “can come back to haunt you” (cut to the the flabbergasted looks of the jury and Probst saying that).

It could just be some kind of wild deal making.  Maybe idols get pulled out and are used as bargaining chips.  The whole “sins of your past” has me curious as to what that could mean.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I went back and watched it.  Jeff said “I’ve never seen anything like it”, and in the voice over he said “the sins of your past” (cut to a bunch of people scheming) “can come back to haunt you” (cut to the the flabbergasted looks of the jury and Probst saying that).

It could just be some kind of wild deal making.  Maybe idols get pulled out and are used as bargaining chips.  The whole “sins of your past” has me curious as to what that could mean.

Could, "the sins of the past" refer to Aurora trying to badger Victoria into dropping out of the IC while Lauren was lying unconscious, just a few feet away?

Maybe Lauren (and possibly Kelly)  will use and idol to get revenge against her?  Julie was clearly disgusted by her behavior, so maybe she might be involved.   

11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So guessing Eric isn’t going to be well received on EOE judging by the “not so fast” he got from Reem.  

So next week we had the jury leaning forward and Aubry with her hands spread wide out to the point where it looked like she was holding on for dear life to the people next to her due to the excitement.  What did Jeff say, the past may come back to haunt you?  So is one of Julia/Gavin/Victoria going to get voted out after splitting from the Kama 7 this week?  Does the past mean Rick?  Wardog?  I’m actually intrigued.  

Reem acts that way toward everyone (might have something to do with why she was voted out first), so I wouldn't read too much into that.   Has she ever started a sentence without, "Dude"?  

1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Maybe Lauren (and possibly Kelly)  will use and idol to get revenge against her?  Julie was clearly disgusted by her behavior, so maybe she might be involved.   

That would be very stupid. So, yea, that might be it.

I feel like the promo is definitely making whatever it is seem bigger than it will actually be. Hopefully not though, I love a good crazy TC.

• Love 2

I was thinking it might have to do with David/Rick’s idol and Rick regretting sharing it with him, but they already showed a clip of that so it’s probably something else.

I agree the preview makes it seem like it’s going to be more exciting than it really is.  I feel like it could be a double idol play and maybe that’s the whole past thing, that no one got rid of Wentworth and Lauren when they had the chance.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I feel like it has something to do with David or Kelley and "sins of the past" refer to past seasons, perhaps blunders made in the past.

My immediate thought was the KR idol that had to be played by Scot and Tai in order to work, and Tai didn’t do it so Scot went home.  With a split idol in play, I thought of David and Rick and something similar happening.  My other thought was Aubry’s advantage to Aurora coming back to bite Victoria or Gavin (or someone in Kama).  My initial feeling is that Kama may go back to voting lines this week, along with Rick, but something derails the plan.

1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

This better be a good, unpredictable TC lol and I don’t mean everyone playing the game of telephone and we don’t get to hear anything.  I wonder if idol threats come out and it makes everyone scramble last minute. 

For someone who thought he was in the drivers seat Ron sure looks defeated.  Is it Julie who said she’s ready to jump ship?  

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Is it Julie who said she’s ready to jump ship?  

Sounded like her to me.

Damn, they are really hyping this ep. I need to lower my expectations because I just know it's not gonna be as good as they're making it out to be lol.

• Love 1

I'm excited about this upcoming episode. Agree with the no whispering at tribal. Can't wait to see what happens. If something happens and it's predictable or boring, I won't be surprised.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe like multiple advantages idols popping out?  Aubry's extra vote deciding would certainly excite her.  

Although it sounds like people just changing their minds publically, no whispering. 

Edited by marys1000
On 4/4/2019 at 5:44 AM, TVFan1 said:

I wonder what happens at tribal council next week that is so exciting.  Did Jeff say "I've never seen anything like this before"?

What I imagine is, 4 people vote for Kelly, 4 people vote for Lauren (+1 the double vote of Aurora) and 4 people vote for Rick, 3 idols are played so we have no vote for anyone. I think this would be something that has never happened before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, himela said:

What I imagine is, 4 people vote for Kelly, 4 people vote for Lauren (+1 the double vote of Aurora) and 4 people vote for Rick, 3 idols are played so we have no vote for anyone. I think this would be something that has never happened before.

That is a possibility.  In Cambodia, Kelley and Jeremy each received 3 votes, but they had both played idols, leaving zero valid votes.  But, there were only 2 idols played, not 3.  

A 4-4-4, with the extra vote being played and all 12 votes being negated by the 3 idols would take it up a notch.  

I have no clue what would happen with the revote.  I'm guessing, Ron, Aurora, Julie and The Warthog would be the most vulnerable.   

I’d guess in that case Wardog or David would go if they wanted to vote out a former Manu.  Maybe Rick thinks he’s safe and throws his half idol in the fire, then Kelley and Lauren play their idols and he gets voted out?  It’s be funny if they did a vote split and he left with 1 or 2 votes.  Does anyone know what the fewest votes someone went home by?

23 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I’d guess in that case Wardog or David would go if they wanted to vote out a former Manu.  Maybe Rick thinks he’s safe and throws his half idol in the fire, then Kelley and Lauren play their idols and he gets voted out?  It’s be funny if they did a vote split and he left with 1 or 2 votes.  Does anyone know what the fewest votes someone went home by?

Unless David gives Rick the other half of the idol, Rick's idol is meaningless. He needs both halves and the fact that he asked David for the other half back and David says no tells me that the idol means nothing until it is whole. So Rick could throw his half in the fire because David refuses to give the other half to Rick and go to EoE without it being shocking because Rick didn't have an idol. (shrugs)

I'll be more surprised if something shocking actually happens.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Does anyone know what the fewest votes someone went home by?

12 hours ago, kikaha said:

Cerie got booted with zero votes cast against her. 

The Idolgeddon.  With the Immunity Necklace, 3 HIs, and an active Legacy Advantage in play, Cirie became the only one at that TC without any form of immunity.  Thus she was the only available boot, and the actual votes didn't matter.  We only know she was eliminated with 0 votes because Peachy said so.

Because of the voting rules, in every season that had an F2 (the first 12 plus FvF) the 3rd place finisher and final juror was technically eliminated with just the one vote.  But there has also been one other time someone was eliminated with just one vote outside of those F3s.   Lauren in HvHvH was taken out by Ben with an idol (one of many) and a single vote.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So next week looks pretty dull, but considering this week had a lot of hype that I don't think the episode lived up to, maybe dull isn't bad.  At the very least, not sure if there really is still a Kama strong anymore.  Or at least I hope not.

The talk about Wardog going next week could be a misdirect. Kelley said something about an alliance of 6, but I don't even know who those 6 are. I know it's her, Lauren, and Wardog, but who are the other 3?

I think the "six" are Kelley, Lauren, Warthog, David, Rick and Julie.  Though I am not sure how solid those 6 are since we did see in the preview Rick trying to bring Victoria in.

I thought Gavin was sitting there, but it's hard to tell. 

Aurora went from no screen time to a lot of screen time the last ep to virtually no screen time again, which I think is interesting.  Obviously the last episode she won immunity and got the advantage from Aubry, so they had something to go on.  But I can't say her edit is all that flattering, and she does appear on the outs.  Could put her in a good position though if someone is looking for a swing vote, but could also make her an easy vote off.  Similarly, Gavin and Julie are getting more screen time, but Julie's a wreck, and I worry Gavin's over confident or might try and take control next week.  That's kind of where Julia's sudden edit went.  I also think Rick might overplay his hand.  

Was David another target in the preview?  I feel like it's rare that the actual targets are the ones who get booted, especially in the preview.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I thought Gavin was sitting there, but it's hard to tell. 

Aurora went from no screen time to a lot of screen time the last ep to virtually no screen time again, which I think is interesting.  Obviously the last episode she won immunity and got the advantage from Aubry, so they had something to go on.  But I can't say her edit is all that flattering, and she does appear on the outs.  Could put her in a good position though if someone is looking for a swing vote, but could also make her an easy vote off.  Similarly, Gavin and Julie are getting more screen time, but Julie's a wreck, and I worry Gavin's over confident or might try and take control next week.  That's kind of where Julia's sudden edit went.  I also think Rick might overplay his hand.  

Was David another target in the preview?  I feel like it's rare that the actual targets are the ones who get booted, especially in the preview.  

I don't think David was a target in the preview from what I can remember, but he did mention targeting Wardog. I hope Kama keeps getting picked off. There's barely anyone I care about on there.

8 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

I don't think David was a target in the preview from what I can remember, but he did mention targeting Wardog. I hope Kama keeps getting picked off. There's barely anyone I care about on there.

According to Victoria on twitter, Wentworth was the real target, and Julie and Ron were in on it, but Julie didn't believe them after getting blindsided by the Eric vote the previous TC.  Wentworth was told that David was being voted out.  

She said that once she realized the Julie,  Ron and Lesu were voting Julia, she jumped on board, realizing she needed a new alliance.

So, Wentworth really lucked out with the insurrection, led by Devens.  I thought it was a little odd that she was sitting a talking with Julia, Aurora and other Kamas during much of the TC chaos.  Julia and the others apparently had her totally fooled and she probably would have gone to EOE with an idol in her pocket, if Julie hadn't gotten paranoid and Devens hadn't pounced.  

I think Julia trying to falsely put Wentworth at ease by rather openly telling her "We're good." while Julie was having her breakdown might have done her in.  I think Julie, Ron and David might have taken that as confirmation that they were being duped by Julia, though in reality they were not.   Of course, if she didn't try to placate Wentworth, she probably would have played the idol, then David probably also would have played one.   I have no idea who would have gone to EOE in that scenario. 

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So next week looks pretty dull, but considering this week had a lot of hype that I don't think the episode lived up to, maybe dull isn't bad.  At the very least, not sure if there really is still a Kama strong anymore.  Or at least I hope not.

There hasn't been a  Kama strong for quite some time.  Ask, Aubry, Joe, Eric and Julia.   

I'm amazed and impressed that David has managed to stick around through thick and thin, despite being one of the targeted "returnees" and being on the loser tribe.  He's played fluidly -- not holding grudges, using both his brain and his intuition, sensitive to timing and proportion, and keeping a good temperament about the whole thing.  My kind of player, really.  And a great narrator.

IMO, if he gets to the end, he deserves to win.

• Love 6

Is this advantage buried at the bottom of the food?

This is going to be a lot this episode to squeeze in: EOE, and two TC.  It's still not clear if they're going the two tribe route, but there's a pic from the one of the promos that shows 9 (possibly 10) people going to TC, so unless it is a pic from another week it's two TC, which would mean two IC and at least one RC. 

Unless Jeff springs it on them after the first vote that they are voting a second person right then and there.   

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

What is that pile of food?  Is it nachos, a mass of tacos, or a stack of the camera people's leftover pizza? At this point that has me in as much suspense as the hype they're trying to sell me.

Looks like a tower of pizza to me.  And it calls for a stroll down memory lane to the infamous "cloth of spaghetti."  😂

One of my favorite Survivor turns-of-phrases ever!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I can't belive that the first thing Wentworth says on Non-Elimination Island is "Damn, I had an idol AND Lauren has one too! What the hell were you thinking? Any of these people could come back and you just outed your best allies' idol. Nice work Kell... *shakes head*

• Love 4

I thought Gavin was a Wentworth vote, but he was an Aurora vote.  Next week, we see Wardog going off on him about backstabbing.  So was he suppose to be a Wentworth vote?  

I hate agreeing with Wardog, but he actually wants to take goats out of the game.  Instead of the usual strategy of taking goats along to the end.  Why does someone who seems so smart at the game have to be unlikable?

I'm guessing Aurora talking about voting off Rick is going to be misdirection.  My feeling is it'll be her next week, maybe Wardog or Gavin if it's a blindside.

Never has Survivor ever seen such an epic betrayal as someone mentioning another person's idol after they were voted out, to other people who were voted out, about someone who is sure to be voted out, when there is the unbelievably small chance of one of them being back in the game with that idol still active.  Truly a dirty move that will go down in Survivor history as the nastiest ever made.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I can't belive that the first thing Wentworth says on Non-Elimination Island is "Damn, I had an idol AND Lauren has one too! What the hell were you thinking? Any of these people could come back and you just outed your best allies' idol. Nice work Kell... *shakes head*

9 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

When I heard Kelley say that Lauren has an idol I thought, "What are you doing???" She was her ally after all.

FYI- I just posted this in the episode thread- but that scene happened AFTER the preview so you can discuss it freely in the episode thread. 

• Useful 1
On 4/18/2019 at 1:30 AM, LadyChatts said:

I thought Gavin was a Wentworth vote, but he was an Aurora vote.  Next week, we see Wardog going off on him about backstabbing.  So was he suppose to be a Wentworth vote?  

I hate agreeing with Wardog, but he actually wants to take goats out of the game.  Instead of the usual strategy of taking goats along to the end.  Why does someone who seems so smart at the game have to be unlikable?

I'm guessing Aurora talking about voting off Rick is going to be misdirection.  My feeling is it'll be her next week, maybe Wardog or Gavin if it's a blindside.

Wardick can fuck off. One to talk about Betrayal! What the fuck did he just do? If I was Gavin I'd tell him to fuck off with his hypocrisy and his Douchebag Take out Goats Crap. Dude you're one of the biggest backstabbers out there who the fuck are U to deem who's a Goat and Great player. Mr Sucks at Challenges. Hope hes blindsided HARD. Douchebro said he was a heel on SM and put up a Pic of WWE Star Seth Rollins who's one of the "Good guys". Hes an idiot. People kissing his ass were sickening calling him a God and a Hero Hardly!

When I hear someone arrogantly say something like "we are the only players in the game" that tells me that one of those players is about to get voted off.  So I am looking at ether Ron, Rick or the Warthog to go home.

• Love 1

If it really is one of those 3, I'd go with Ron or Wardog.  Ron's edit has been terrible and comedic, in the sense that he thought he was in control and running things, but got a harsh reality check.  I also wonder if there's going to be some kerfuffle with the second vote Aurora has-either Ron tells everyone about it, or tries to use it himself and is told he can't.  We saw Wardog say those 3 are the only ones playing the game, and they need to get rid of the goats.  Usually that translates to someone in that group getting blindsided. 

Wardog isn't playing a bad strategic game, or at least he wasn't until he blindsided Kelley.  Now Wardog's ego is probably going to swell to twice the size that it already is, and he'll really think he's running things.  He doesn't realize that he basically did everyone a favor that's been wanting to get rid of Wentworth.  That's what Gavin and Victoria have been wanting to do for weeks, same with Rick, and Aurora had nothing to lose.  We saw Wardog back when he was with Manu/Lesu that it's his way or no way.  So he might end up rubbing Ron the wrong way, and I don't think Rick has any loyalty to him (Wardog was the one who said he didn't want to work with Rick when he came back from EOE).    

So predictable boot-Aurora.  Blindside-Ron or Wardog (if not one of the 3, then I'd say Gavin).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Family visit next week.  And we see Ron give Rick his outdated advantage that I forgot about.  I kind of hope that Rick sees through it just to make Ron look stupid, because I'm sure we'll get a TH of Ron bragging about how he's pulling one over on Rick, saying he's the man.  

Also, if Ron's plan does succeed and Rick makes a fool of himself at TC because of it, I'm going to assume that won't win Ron brownie points with the jury.

And Reem is going to let Wardog get it at EOE.  She's out for people she was never even on a tribe with!  Like I said, I love Reem just for being candid.

Edited by LadyChatts
16 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Did we see who was looking through Rick's bag? All I remember is him coming back to camp asking about why someone was looking through his bag.

It was Aurora, Lauren, and Victoria.  It looked like Victoria was reading something that looked like the advantage, so they must have found what Ron gave him.

If Ron finds that out, I wonder if he'll let Rick in on it being fake.  I can't believe Rick would really fall for Ron giving that to him.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

And Reem is going to let Wardog get it at EOE.  She's out for people she was never even on a tribe with! 

Wardog and Reem were on Manu together.

At this point I think the winner is Rick or Victoria, with maybe a small chance of Lauren or 1 of the returnees if they manage to make it back (which I don't think they will). I hate both Rick and Victoria so that sucks for me lol.

If Victoria is the winner, they'd better trot out a sick mom or a pregnant wife for her at this family visit, because I know next to nothing about her. At least Michele Fitzgerald was a challenge beast.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wardog and Reem were on Manu together.

At this point I think the winner is Rick or Victoria, with maybe a small chance of Lauren or 1 of the returnees if they manage to make it back (which I don't think they will). I hate both Rick and Victoria so that sucks for me lol.

It shows you how invested I am in this season, because I completely forgot Wardog and Reem were together for 3 days.

Based on editing, which to be honest isn't giving too much away this season, I'd say Rick has the best chance at winning.  I'd say Ron has the least.  Gavin only seems to pop up when he's part of a crucial vote, Victoria has kind of fizzled out for me (I guess she was a bigger pre-merge player), Lauren hasn't really had much that would make me think she pulls of a win, Julie seems too wishy washy.  Aurora is a wild card for me.  She doesn't seem well liked, but they still want her out.  I think she'd be a long shot, but she might pull an upset.

I don't know who from EOE would win.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Ron giving Rick the expired advantage seems like it's going to play out like Chrissy and her expired fake idol, where the trickster makes a massive deal about how much fun it's going to fool the person tricked, and it only makes the trickster look like a bigger fool.

(I say this based on Ron's edit vs Rick's edit. I can't see this as the audience hoping it will work in Ron's favor. And it might even turn his alliance against him, based on the limited footage we saw.)

• Love 2