Type keyword(s) to search

S38: Kelly Wentworth

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm not so sure Wentworth's original plan was to vote Rick right back out.  It seems like Rick had a lot of hostility towards WW, Lauren and The Warthog for voting him out.  I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to work with him, but sensed he was not receptive.

This gets back to what I said above about not speculating about what wasn't shown because then you can just imagine that anything happened. There were no scenes of Wentworth et al. trying to work with Rick and him rebuffing them; there were scenes of Wentworth and Lauren discussing with each other that they wanted to vote Rick out first and then floating that idea with the rest of the women. I can certainly imagine the former happened, but I don't have to imagine the latter because we saw it.

Why splice together the 2 quotes?  Why didn't they just continue from where she started talking about her thoughts about Rick coming back, with what she actually, said, instead of splicing in the "Oh...Hell...No!" which actually referred to all of them?  For all we know, she was talking about Chris, when she talked about the one person she didn't want back. 

My guess would be that, at least for this episode, Rick vs. Wentworth is the story they want to tell, maybe because, as @Special K said above, it's relevant to some later development, or maybe because these are all fairly boring players on a crap season and they have to make something out of nothing. I have no idea. I do know, though, that the fact that this is an edited show is not a surprise to any of the players, and certainly not to Kelley, who has played twice before, received two very different edits, and is now getting a third different edit. I mean, sucks for her that she doesn't like what she's seeing, but that's the chance she took going in. If anyone has reason to complain, I'd say it's Aubrey who's also had three different edits, but they get worse every time; she went from being portrayed as an unrewarded hero in Kaoh Rong to invisible in Game Changers to derpy used car salesman here, but she's not complaining. Instead she's poking fun at herself on twitter, posting about her love affair with cole slaw and offering to dialogue with her followers because she sees herself in them.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3