Type keyword(s) to search

Penny/Kaley Cuoco: What IS Her Last Name?

1 hour ago, Lili said:

What if they reveal Penny's last name in the series finale? That would be interesting.

If so, I wonder if they'll go with

• Smith, Jones, etc.
  • Something longer than Koothrapali or Hoffstedder
  • Something surprisingly ethnic
  • Cuoco
  • Penny (as in Penny Penny)
Edited by shapeshifter
1 hour ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Nichols. So, Penny Nickels.

Seems a little cruel to name a kid Penelope Nichols, but I could see it happening since her dad wanted a boy; not sure that fits with naming somebody Wyatt or Randall (her father and brother).

On 1/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Seems a little cruel to name a kid Penelope Nichols, but I could see it happening since her dad wanted a boy; not sure that fits with naming somebody Wyatt or Randall (her father and brother).

One of my older sisters had a friend named Penny Ann Nichols.  Parents can be dicks sometimes.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Calvada said:

I did not like the return of Amy's infatuation/obsession about the supposed perfection of Penny.  What am I missing?  Penny's a nice looking person, but nothing that warrants that amount of gushing IMO.  Is Kaley Cuoco supposed to be a raving beauty?  I just don't see it.  

Kaley has a unique look to her. Sometimes she doesn’t look that good and sometimes she looks ridiculously gorgeous. The Big Sur episode was on in repeats the other day (which is one of my favorites) and I thought she looked especially good in that one.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

I liked all her looks but I thought she looked great when her short hair was growing out and it was just above the shoulders with a little curl to it.  Very flattering look.

More like this? Can you tell I'm doing everything i can to avoid cleaning the kitchen today?

ss-short-haircuts-kaley-cuoco_6c132dd0bc8126a05f06cab37648cbf0.today-ss-slide-desktop.jpg

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Reality police said:

More like this? Can you tell I'm doing everything i can to avoid cleaning the kitchen today?

ss-short-haircuts-kaley-cuoco_6c132dd0bc8126a05f06cab37648cbf0.today-ss-slide-desktop.jpg

I love that look. It really suited her. 

On 1/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, Reality police said:

I am one of the few that thought she looked great in short hair. 

kaley-cuoco-pregnant-rosamund-pike-vera-wang-store-opening-09.jpg

Not me. I prefer the hairstyle she had in the older seasons.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Frost said:

I absolutely hate the half dark half light blonde style she's worn in any length!  I don't like it on anybody, Kaley included.

A lot of times that's just how hair color is, especially for lighter colors. Mine starts out darker, but the sun lightens it up and the longer growth will end up noticeably lighter than the hair closer to my scalp. Of course, she could very well be doing that coloring on purpose, I have no idea. But it does happen.

• Love 7

Also, does anyone else like it when Penny has her feet shown? Whether barefoot or in flip-flops, her feet look great. Kaley Cuoco apparently likes her own feet as well.

While seeing the title of this thread, "PENNY/KALEY CUOCO: WHAT IS HER LAST NAME?," pop up on my previously TV custom stream, it occurred to me the irony of, at this point in time, that while Penny still has no last name (she didn't take Hoffsteader, did she?), Kaley has now had 3 last names.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

(she didn't take Hoffsteader, did she?),

For some reason I have a memory of her being referred to as Ms (or Mrs) Hoffsteader at one point.  Possibly though it was Leonard kidding around with her.  

• Love 1

We have confirmation that Penny did indeed take Leonard’s name when they got mat tied—her name badge at the sales conference said Penny Hofsteader.  Her maiden name is still one of life’s mysteries, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Lovecat said:

We have confirmation that Penny did indeed take Leonard’s name when they got mat tied—her name badge at the sales conference said Penny Hofsteader.  Her maiden name is still one of life’s mysteries, though.

Not even a middle initial to tease us?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

I must confess, I never noticed that Penny had no last name until I read it here, and if I'm being honest, I never really cared.

There have been a lot of characters on TV that have gotten by on one name. If they pull a MacGyver and reveal her missing name in the finale, I hope they do it more smoothly.

2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

There have been a lot of characters on TV that have gotten by on one name. If they pull a MacGyver and reveal her missing name in the finale, I hope they do it more smoothly.

Technically McGyver's first name was first revealed in episode 7.8, and then again it the finale, 8.14 [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGyver#First_name  ].
But back to Penny:
I'm just now considering that maybe Penny not having a last name was symbolic of her not having a "name" in Hollywood, and that maybe we will hear her name when she gets an award or promotion at the big pharma company in the finale, even if it will be in the form of "Penelope Whatshername Hofstadter," or maybe it will be "Penelope Whatshername" to make the point that she has "made a name for herself."

31 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm just now considering that maybe Penny not having a last name was symbolic of her not having a "name" in Hollywood

You get the "thought more than the writers did" award for the day!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I wouldn't be surprised at an epilogue or something with Leonard and Penny naming their first child Penny's maiden name. That'd be a way to find out.

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Unfortunately for those who really want to know it looks like that is the only way it's going to happen (unless the writers are just trying to keep the fans off balance) -
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-series-finale-wondercon-panel-1198344

Not revealing it on screen gives fans a topic of discussion to continue and theorize about--sort of a methadone for their TBBT addiction, LOL.

But, wow, way to bury the lead, HollywoodReporter!:
" the franchise will continue on with the prequel series Young Sheldon. A fan inquired whether Big Bang Theory could continue on, to some degree, via flash forwards there. "I don't know the answer to that," Molaro admitted, noting it would be "cool" if it ever came up and Parsons was game to reprise his role as the adult Sheldon."

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2