Type keyword(s) to search

Penny/Kaley Cuoco: What IS Her Last Name?

I think all the other actors have more chemistry as actors with Cuoco Sweeting than they have with anyone else on the show. She brings out the best in the cast.

I would agree if not for the Neil Diamond scene with Amy and Howard.  I thought they were wonderful together and want more more more Amy and Howard.  

• Love 2

I believe I read somewhere that Chuck Lorre has said we will never find out Penny's last name.

That's not what I read a few months ago, but it's not likely to be dropped casually; they'll use a context where it's unavoidable to hear it. Most likely it'll be her marriage ceremony, but getting arrested would work too (e.g. cop comes up and says "are you Penelope ....?".

She often credits John Ritter for helping her learn while on 8 Simple Rules, but he had the same problem, so that's not surprising.

I feel the opposite.  I didn't love John Ritter in comedy parts but loved him in Slingblade and he made a pretty convincingly creepy villain in Buffy. 

I've never seen her in anything other than BBT and 8SR for about 2-3 episodes before I quit watching it although I love Katey Sagal (other than the ?? commercials and quite frankly whenever Shatner is on screen, I don't see anyone else) but I think she's fine as Penny.

I love that Penny and Leonard seem to enjoy each other's company and laugh at each other's jokes. 

What did everyone else see? Was he cheating?

They got engaged after three months of dating. And she's a celebrity. Frankly I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

What CleoCaesar said, plus the over-the-top gushing Kaley did on social media and in interviews was a dead giveaway. People who have a secure and happy marriage/relationship don't try so hard to convince everyone else of it.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5

They got engaged after three months of dating. And she's a celebrity. Frankly I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Yep.  Engaged at three months for the second time in her life (her engagement to CM French was also at 3 months) and married at six months. I don't care if someone is a celeb or not, that just seems like someone who goes with the rush of love before they've fully vetted their relationship compatibility.

• Love 5

New details about the split:

Kind of puts everything in perspective.  Guess the split wasn't so sudden after all.  Given this, hope the writers go easy on the "Penny-as-closet-alcoholic" theme this season.

Kaley is supposed to be a professional and not let her personal life affect her work - that's why she's paid $1,000,000 per episode. If Elizabeth Taylor could deliver the performance of a lifetime in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof right after her husband died in a plane crash, Kaley should be able to continue playing a character who is likes her wine.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6

Happy Birthday, Penny! According to a recent rerun (last Thanksgiving's episode? Leonard said his password was his birthday, which she did not know, but he said he knew hers) Penny's birthday is December 2.

I just saw that Kaley is going to be on the Carol Burnett special this weekend. I assume it's just because she's a CBS "star." I certainly don't think she has any comedic talent. All she does is purse her lips when she's supposed to deliver a funny line. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mystery said:

I just saw that Kaley is going to be on the Carol Burnett special this weekend. I assume it's just because she's a CBS "star." I certainly don't think she has any comedic talent. All she does is purse her lips when she's supposed to deliver a funny line. 

There was a season (or possibly two) after she and Jonny broke up IRL during which KC seemed to be phoning it in—to me like she was hoping to get let out of her contract. Painful to watch in a how-much-are-they-paying-you kind of way. I can understand how those performances would have permanently turned off viewers. 
But that was a long time ago.
Both before and since then, I think she gives the material the right amount of emphasis and inflections to maximize her character's contributions without upstaging anyone—which, IMO, is what an ensemble cast member should do. Other than commercials, I haven't seen her in anything else, so I'll be curious to see what she does with post-TBBT roles.
But I'm not sure I'm going to watch the Carol Burnett show. I was a fan of hers in the 60s when I was a kid, but I saw her on Colbert last night, and it was mostly a retread of stuff I've already seen. If KC or anyone else makes Internet waves on the show, I can always catch it on YouTube or CBS.com.

• Love 1

I've rewatched Charmed, 8 rules, and the BBT last week (I was sick, sue me) and honestly, Kaley basically plays the exact same character in all of them, she really doesn't have much range as an actress. Her delivery, mannerisms etc are just her, if you see her in interviews. And while competent enough, she's neither particularly great at comedic or dramatic acting, based on her body of work. But she fits the role of Penny well, and she's making bank so who am I to judge.

• Love 4
On 12/2/2017 at 8:33 AM, KatWay said:

I've rewatched Charmed, 8 rules, and the BBT last week (I was sick, sue me) and honestly, Kaley basically plays the exact same character in all of them, she really doesn't have much range as an actress. Her delivery, mannerisms etc are just her, if you see her in interviews. And while competent enough, she's neither particularly great at comedic or dramatic acting, based on her body of work. But she fits the role of Penny well, and she's making bank so who am I to judge.

She did pretty good in that movie about Drew Peterson as Laci.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:58 AM, shapeshifter said:

There was a season (or possibly two) after she and Jonny broke up IRL during which KC seemed to be phoning it in—to me like she was hoping to get let out of her contract. Painful to watch in a how-much-are-they-paying-you kind of way. I can understand how those performances would have permanently turned off viewers. 
But that was a long time ago.
Both before and since then, I think she gives the material the right amount of emphasis and inflections to maximize her character's contributions without upstaging anyone—which, IMO, is what an ensemble cast member should do.
Other than commercials, I haven't seen her in anything else, so I'll be curious to see what she does with post-TBBT roles.
But I'm not sure I'm going to watch the Carol Burnett show. I was a fan of hers in the 60s when I was a kid, but I saw her on Colbert last night, and it was mostly a retread of stuff I've already seen. If KC or anyone else makes Internet waves on the show, I can always catch it on YouTube or CBS.com.

So much this. This is why I like this show. It'll be interesting to see what she chooses to do once the show is done.

• Love 3

Wouldn't it be funny if she was "Penny Robinson"?

Flashback to the original Lost in Space for you younguns out there. 

I loved Angela Cartwright the actress who was Penny Robinson.  She became an artist. 

• Love 1

Penny Wise, Penny Lane, Penny Dreadful?

I still think it would be fun if Penny got a job doing something like acting in a hit science fiction series or working with Wil Wheaton on the Professor Proton show.  She has said she is not happy as a pharma rep.

• Love 4
On 12/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, KatWay said:

She's the Jennifer Aniston of her generation.

• Love 10
On 12/17/2017 at 1:03 PM, chocolatine said:

She's the Jennifer Aniston of her generation.

But she's more personable than Jennifer Aniston, and at least she (to date) knows that she's not too good for sitcoms that suit her talent. Aniston has reached high and -- to my mind -- fallen short in almost every single movie role. I liked her in "Meet the Millers," but that was really just an extended sitcom.

• Love 4

I believe there was an episode where Penny referred to herself as "...just good ol' Penny ______ from Nebraska."  Or something like that.  I have no idea what season or episode, may be my imagination.  Does anyone else recall that?

I checked wiki and google and if he's related to the billionaire William Cook from Indiana it's only being talked about on a few gossip websites.  Maybe there's another billionaire Cook out there and the gossip sites got confused.  Anyway you usually need a few bucks to your name to get into equestrian pursuits to the level he has.

22 minutes ago, Ynicknan said:

No, his dad is Scott Cook, the founder of Intuit software. 

Just checked his wiki site, under relatives they don't name his kids but they give Kaley's name and a link.  Makes sense I guess but it's funny how quickly someone zorched in and updated it!

I don’t know why exactly but  I really like Kaley. I’ve been watching her shows since I was a teen. I think her and her new hubby are cute I follow them on Instagram. Maybe it’s cause they love their dogs so much I don’t know. I read his dad is a billionaire too so I think the prenup went both ways lol.

• Love 2