Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: I Walk the Line

• Start Topic

On 2/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, dshgr said:

This is probably a very unpopular opinion, but I never liked Derek.  

I'm older than most of you and I always found him controlling.  

I like DeLuca.  I don't like how they are "Derek"ing him.  We don't need to see that again.  Let him be a nice guy that treats Meredith well.

I've been over Owen since the Christina days, and I'm hoping he grabs Leo and disappears, never to be seen again.

Bailey needs to stop acting like Maggie.  It doesn't look good on either of them.

I never liked Derek either. 

I was just iffy until 

1.  he was still married and had an affair with Meredith

2.  Then decided to leave Meredith hanging for his cheating wife who slept with his best friend 

3.  Then called her a slut for moving on and dating the vet. 

4.  Tried to screw Richard over for his job.

Also I felt he always acted unprofessionally.  I was willing to give them a pass for dating an intern.  But he frequently gave Meredith surgeries for sleeping with him.  

He was legit the worst.  His only pro was handsome 

Deluca is fine.  I feel like if Alex could be good around Meredith’s kids.  He could learn to be. 

Linc is okay but Meredith doesn’t like him.  Also Jo’s endorsement is pretty much worthless to me 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 5

I seriously can't with Owen. He's horrible on every level. Obviously, NotBetty's parents can't just waltz in and take the baby like that, but I'm 100% sure he would have reacted the same had they been perfectly reasonable about the entire thing. He started freaking out as soon as they entered the picture because it meant he'd lose Leo - except that he never was HIS to begin with. As Amelia pointed out, he was just a foster parent and he agreed to keep his mother in his life himself, so the whole thing could have fallen apart any moment and he had to be aware of that. I also wonder how the social service wasn't called immediately. Have those people ever given any proof they really are Britney's parents and Leo's grandparents in the first place? I mean, I do believe (and certainly hope, as I really don't want this storyline to become any more ridiculous than it already is) they are, but it was done so poorly.

Also, these last two episodes have clearly shown that Owen simply doesn't understand Amelia on a very fundamental level, so I can't imagine how the two could ever make it work, although I'm sure the show will keep pushing it. Run, Amelia, run! 

Yay for Teddy for finally accepting that she and Owen aren't meant to be together. It only took like 15 rejections by him, but still. Better late than never! I still like her and Koracick together. There's more than enough time for the show to ruin them, of course.

Some valuable lessons learned for a lot of people in this episode. Bailey found out there are things called "contracts", while Maggie realized that as a doctor she gets to treat horrible people, too. Perhaps in a few episodes' time they'll be ready to start acting like they've graduated from high school. Perhaps. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 10
On 2/15/2019 at 6:52 PM, KaveDweller said:

That would be a bit of a retcon, because Betty said when she first showed up she was a normal kid with no issues until she had an injury. Amelia referred to it as an issue with doctors superscribing pain killers.

She also said that her name was Betty. At this point, she's an unreliable narrator.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:33 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

That was so ridiculous that two people who hadn't seen Betty for so long, and didn't know about Leo the grandkid, would be wanting to take him a few minutes later.

The baby belonged to them so of course he was going to take him.  Without any thought to how Owen or Ameilia were feeling.

Baby Houseman seemed genuinely worried about her daughter and grandson but I'm expecting Grandpa to be an unpleasant hard ass and the reason Brittany left.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She also said that her name was Betty. At this point, she's an unreliable narrator.

The baby belonged to them so of course he was going to take him.  Without any thought to how Owen or Ameilia were feeling.

Baby Houseman seemed genuinely worried about her daughter and grandson but I'm expecting Grandpa to be an unpleasant hard ass and the reason Brittany left.

I found it also interesting with all the talk of: "She just want's my daughter anymore." I wanted Amelia go: "So, did you look into rehab? Doing an injection with other family members, ect?" Oh no, Amelia immediately goes; "Well, I'm an addict too, blah blah blah."

Then as soon as NotBetty's dad is in he's: "We are taking Leo and that's that." Up until less than an hour ago, you never knew he existed. Plus, it also means that NotBetty has been lying to everyone since day 1 or the fact they should have brought in the social worker where she could have been: "You exisit?" Or: "No, according to our records, you are dead." It's a cluster mess.

• Love 2

I pretty much hated this episode. 

Why did no one call the caseworker? Owen is right, the grandparents can't just take him but I understand their desire to do so. He had no right to yell at them like that.

Still hate Mere and DeLuca. He's stalkers and creepy. Maggie, grow up! You're supposed to be this medical prodigy and yet Mere had the idea to do something different. 

I enjoy Teddy and Koracick.

• Love 5
On 2/16/2019 at 7:47 PM, dmc said:

.  Then decided to leave Meredith hanging for his cheating wife who slept with his best friend 

Not to mention the passive aggressive manner in which he treated Addison. Sure she was a bitch for cheating but he didn’t have to take her back. He hurt both women so badly with how he handled it all and was just such a shithead..

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Not to mention the passive aggressive manner in which he treated Addison. Sure she was a bitch for cheating but he didn’t have to take her back. He hurt both women so badly with how he handled it all and was just such a shithead..

Agreed he was awful to Addison too.  Then after he agreed to give their marriage a shot cheated on her AGAIN at a work party she was at.  

23 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Fair point. 

But I really don't see any indication that her father was abusive and that is tied to her drug use. I think this is just the way they are taking Leo away from Owen, so he is drawn to Teddy now that she's move on.  It makes the whole thing more dramatic. I also think it is a total last minute decision from the writers.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, Starscream said:

I was wondering if they might go with the angle of the dad sexually abusing "Betty" and that's why she started abusing drugs.  The father is "out of the picture" because the father is also the grandfather. 

I totally thought this is where they were going with it when Betty’s mom and Amelia were talking outside the daycare windows.  When she brought up Leo’s father my stomach dropped for a minute and my mind went right to it being her own dad via sexual abuse.  And then I felt really uncomfortable the rest of the episode.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, ams1001 said:

I did like Jo switching the pictures back at the end and her look of satisfaction and then sauntering off with her coffee. Bailey deserved that.

I did, too, and I'm not a Jo fan.

I enjoyed some of the humor in this episode--such as the Jo scene. Jackson asking Owen if that was good or bad bagpipe music was cute to me--I guess because it felt like a joke people really make. And Alex not being able to understand their accents was predictable but still made me chuckle.

Amelia is once again (surprisingly) acting like a grown up. It was silly for Owen to lash out at her for mentioning she was an addict. Let's suppose he actually could fight to keep Leo--is it reasonable to think this bit of info on Amelia wouldn't show up? It was nice for them to show Amelia talking some sense to Owen rather than just being on his side. Grandparents were obviously moving too quick but like others have said, his reaction was stupid. Talk calmly; call the social worker.

I liked Maggie getting called Magpie because, yea, that feels like a realistic nickname for her.  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Amelia is once again (surprisingly) acting like a grown up. It was silly for Owen to lash out at her for mentioning she was an addict. Let's suppose he actually could fight to keep Leo--is it reasonable to think this bit of info on Amelia wouldn't show up?

It might not have because Amelia wouldn't be involved in his attempts to keep Leo.  They aren't married, so she is no one as far as the courts are concerned.  She is not Leo's guardian. 

Just now, izabella said:

It might not have because Amelia wouldn't be involved in his attempts to keep Leo.  They aren't married, so she is no one as far as the courts are concerned.  She is not Leo's guardian. 

I know but in describing his situation and why he's the stable family unit, how that unit has been functioning (Owen plus Amelia) is going to come up. It would be in Leo's case file.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I know but in describing his situation and why he's the stable family unit, how that unit has been functioning (Owen plus Amelia) is going to come up. It would be in Leo's case file.

I agree, they're living together. 

• Love 1

I finally watched this episode yesterday.....I still do not like Meredith and DeLuca - agree with everyone who says he is acting creepy......I would have been extremely turned off if a guy was just staring at me like he "knew" I wanted him (or thinking he was just that sexy - whatever he was going for).  Ugh.  Maggie now has two guys she was involved with/interested in wanting to be with Meredith?  When she and Jackson eventually break up is he going to fall in love with Meredith too?  Owen is awful, I think I like the actor but loathe him with anyone he has been paired with.  Teddy is the closest one I could stomach him with and that is only because I don't really care about her.  I would love to see Koracick with Amelia......they seem to play off of each other nicely and I have said this before but currently he is the only one on the show that I would choose for Meredith as well.  I still would pair him with Amelia over Meredith just because I have really grown to like her lately and find her to be humorous and he is too.  Getting back to Owen, I get he is attached to Leo but come on......unless NotBetty's parents turn out to be horrible, he should expect for Leo to eventually go with them and should have calmly explained that as a foster parent, he legally has to follow a certain protocol and let them know how it works so they understand.  I agree the dad was a bit of a jerk but still. Amelia should walk away from Owen for her own health.                      

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

Owen is awful, I think I like the actor but loathe him with anyone he has been paired with. 

I saw him as an actor on Rome, and liked him much better there.  Owen is a terrible character.

• Love 5

I actually like Tom and Teddy. I mean, I feel he's a bit wasted on Teddy and might have liked to see what might have been with Amelia, but still, they were super-cute last episode.

tumblr_pmy3ikZNAo1skq961o9_250.giftumblr_pmy3ikZNAo1skq961o10_250.gif

tumblr_pmy3ikZNAo1skq961o7_250.giftumblr_pmy3ikZNAo1skq961o8_250.gif

Compared to MeLuca (should be Meh-Luca), these two ooze chemistry.

I mean, you can see EP mentally telling herself to pretend like DeLuca is the man worth turning back time for or whatever bullshit that was.

tumblr_pmweqh9Wcu1ql0jlio2_500.gif

And I liked DeLuca fine before this. Now, he's creepy and Mere seems like a spacy bitch (I mean, nice of her to blow off Linc). 

Back to Teddy/Tom for a moment - anything that gets any woman away from Owen's orbit is fine by me.

Speaking of, Owen wasn't wrong that Leo's grandparents or anyone else, for that matter, can't just swoop in and take him, he knew the score from the get-go. Of course, he couldn't help but be attached but he knew his wasn't necessarily Leo's forever home. So he can quit with the gnashing of teeth. I feel for KMc because I really enjoyed him in Rome and used to like Owen but that was many a season ago. 

Bailey is being a petty bitch and I loved Alex putting her in her place.

tumblr_pmx5qefnX11xq1zubo6_r1_250.giftumblr_pmx5qefnX11xq1zubo8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_pmx5qefnX11xq1zubo7_r1_250.giftumblr_pmx5qefnX11xq1zubo9_r1_250.gif

Jo switching the photos back was made of awesome.

tumblr_pmyd3n5sMt1ws0xyzo6_r1_250.giftumblr_pmyd3n5sMt1ws0xyzo8_r1_250.gif

Maggie wasn't quite as annoying as usual. I think her being away from Jackson helped tremendously in that regard.

I'm sitting at the Derek wasn't all that table as well. But I'll also say I wholeheartedly disagree with the Meredith "is the sun" crap Christina spewed before she left. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm sitting at the Derek wasn't all that table as well. But I'll also say I wholeheartedly disagree with the Meredith "is the sun" crap Christina spewed before she left. 

Personally, I've never liked either one of them from day 1. I just stay for the other characters. Never thought Meredith was all that gorgeous as they made her out to be. Personality-wise, she's not up there with the greats either. And I always thought McSteamy was much better looking than McDreamy. Oh yeah, and I miss George, Izzy and Lexi the most.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The fact that Amelia is bringing Betty (or whatever her name is) around the baby will count against Owen in a custody hearing too, especially when it's discovered that his addict mother has relapsed repeatedly.  

But surely, Betty's parents would want to bring Betty around too. They wanted Leo this week because Betty wasn't around, but I am sure if she turns up they will want her to come home too.

But Betty is the mother and if she can't have custody, I think her wishes will be taken into account.  If she wants to go home with her parents, and wants them to help with Leo, Own doesn't stand a chance. If Betty says her parents are terrible and she wants to live with Amelia and have Owen adopt Leo, the courts may note place Leo with the parents. (Assuming she actually has reason to say they are terrible). 

I can't imagine the court telling someone they can't adopt a child because they were willing to let the baby's mother have (supervised) access to the child.

47 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I can't imagine the court telling someone they can't adopt a child because they were willing to let the baby's mother have (supervised) access to the child.

Does social services even know about Betty’s involvement? In the real world a biological mother who is a drug addict and has relapsed already would not be allowed unsupervised visits. I can very much see what they are doing being used against them.

• Love 1

DeLuca is creepy and I don't see his relationship with Meredith going very far, at least that's my hope.  I'm firmly in the anti-Derek camp, too, and in fact despised Derek and Meredith and, as somebody else said, watched GA because of other characters, specially Christina and Bailey.

Owen is always about an inch away from an emotional blow-up.  Amelia is now the grown-up in the room.  Maggie, of course, needs to be consistently an adult.

• Love 2
On 2/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, maddie965 said:

By the way, how can you "hate" an ex-classmate?

Easily. I went to high school with a girl who went out of her way to be cruel to me every chance she got. I don't think of her often but when I do, it's with hate. I'd like to think I'd have handled myself professionally if I was in Maggie's shoes but more likely than not I would've transferred her case to another very qualified doctor.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:03 AM, Chas411 said:

The way Andrew leers at Meredith is gross. I don’t remember him being this skeezy with Maggie or Jo. It’s supposed to be sexy but has ended up turning me off him completely.

I don't like the way he looks at her, too. It's cocky, not sexy. It actually makes me a bit uncomfortable. And I know the ship has sailed on this in this hospital, but totally unprofessional. 🙂

On 2/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, Aethera said:

Jennifer Grey - I thought she did well too, though it took me a minute to recognize her!

Holy shit, that was Jennifer Grey??? I didn't even recognize her.

EDITED: Oh, and I forgot. I think I may have missed it but why was Alex's photo up on the wall anyway? He's just subbing for her while she's on leave, right? Why would he get acknowledged that way when it was always supposed to be a temporary post?

Edited by JenLily
  • Love 1
On 2/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, marceline said:

Everybody on this show is a petty, selfish, entitled asshole.

• Owen thinks he can just keep Leo.
  • Maggie can get the hell out of high school.
  • Bailey just thought she could take her job back and she was such a pointless bitch when Maggie asked Jo for help

I spent most of this episode saying "Just shut the fuck up."

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. The only thing missing: 

-just have all the men in the hospital pick a number and they can all take turns lusting after the incredible, irresistible Meredith. Once they are through, start introducing more new actors to continue the cycle. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3