Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11 The Hobo Games

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Dee said:

The writers desperately want Lip to be in the right, since JAW seems to be the impending new series lead, but it just doesn't work.

Well honestly the whole show isn’t going to work when ER leaves, sadly. I really feel like she carries the show for the most part and levels it out, when Frank is off doing the same old, same old stupid stuff that is just so tired at this point, at least Fiona is there to connect things(when the writers actually write that) and when he leaves, i don’t think there’s going to be any sort of balance. And Veronica and Kevin seem like they’re off on their own show. I agree with you that none of the other Gallagher’s are going to be able to take the lead at this point after Fiona leaves. 

On 2/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, scrb said:

Previews made it look like Lip just decides on his own that Fiona has to leave.

That would be a bunch of BS.  It's one thing if all the other Gallaghers more or less agree she should leave but if he pulls that on his own ...

Isn't that part of the premise of the show: the lack of adults or adult behavior. Would Lip have 'legal' authority probably not although being the oldest and/or sober person there he might. And some alcoholics only understand or respond to tough love.

This all really started to go to hell when the writers thought that we would forget that Fiona (in a multi-episode storyline) petitioned the courts to be made the legal guardian of her siblings.

Since then, they had her get married and move out, had her move out again where she lived with her married-boyfriend, and got arrested multiple times - just to name the major issues.

It's insulting to the viewers to just make up random storylines and forget the history of the characters.  Fiona is really this upset about losing Ford as a boyfriend?  He was like watching paint dry.  And her loss of her apartment building was her own stupidity.  You don't spread yourself that thin.  But still, she wasn't bankrupted with someone coming after her for payments - the resolution wound up with her breaking even.  Her spiral makes no sense at all in this case - she has had far worse happen to her.

I understand Lip being angry with what happened with the visit and his friend, but in this case, but it really wasn't Fiona's fault.

Edited by AEMom
Typo
1 hour ago, AEMom said:

This all really started to go to hell when the writers thought that we would forget that Fiona (in a multi-episode storyline) petitioned the courts to be made the legal guardian of her siblings.

Since then, they had her get married and move out, had her move out again where she lived with her married-boyfriend, and got arrested multiple times - just to name the major issues.

It's insulting to the viewers to just make up random storylines and forget the history of the characters.  Fiona is really this upset about losing Ford as a boyfriend?  He was like watching paint dry.  And her loss of her apartment building was her own stupidity.  You don't spread yourself that thin.  But still, she wasn't bankrupted with someone coming after her for payments - the resolution wound up with her breaking even.  Her spiral makes no sense at all in this case - she has had far worse happen to her.

I understand Lip being angry with what happened with the visit and his friend, but in this case, but it really wasn't Fiona's fault.

Not to mention that this is the second time Fiona’s had a downward spiral but we aren’t supposed to remember that either. 

On 2/20/2019 at 2:29 PM, Lemons said:

I think he thought it was going to be scheduled, that's why he was out buying stuff.  The guy had to tell him it was a surprise check.

Why hasn't Lip moved out on his own?  

I hate Frank's stupid story lines about his gross ass attracting beautiful wealthy women.  Stupid.  He can go.  

Why hasn't he moved out, indeed. And why does he think he can kick Fiona out of a house she, and she alone, OWNS?

5 hours ago, AEMom said:

This all really started to go to hell when the writers thought that we would forget that Fiona (in a multi-episode storyline) petitioned the courts to be made the legal guardian of her siblings...

Every episode I talk about how Fiona is supposed to be mothering Liam, and she never does. It's criminal. The kid is only in grade school, and he's ignored and treated like one of the adults in the house.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Every episode I talk about how Fiona is supposed to be mothering Liam, and she never does. It's criminal. The kid is only in grade school, and he's ignored and treated like one of the adults in the house.

She used to panic every time Frank exerted his influence over Carl & Debbie.

Now, she has no problem allowing Frank to leave her nine year old baby brother stranded, alone, in the city, on a whim, during any one of his perpetual schemes.

• Love 3

Fiona seemed to check out of being a parent when she was engaged to Sean. I mean at that point she really only needed to parent Liam but I recall her just being whatever about him for the most part starting then. And now she checks in with him every once  in a while but not enough.. case in point where was he this episode? Does anyone care anymore? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Why hasn't he moved out, indeed. And why does he think he can kick Fiona out of a house she, and she alone, OWNS?

That was annoying when Debbie wouldn’t let Liam in the house without paying.  And Fiona took legal guardianship of Liam and of course the show ignores that. 

• Love 1

I'm late to this show, but have been binging it over the last week. 

Lip is a monster. Fiona should kick him out of the house. She owns it. It's her house. Why is she agreeing to be kicked out of her own house? I hope Lip gets torn apart by wild animals. It was Lip's fault that the house wasn't in order when the DCFS guy showed up. It was the sponsee's fault that he decided to drink. And Lip had no right to try to foster a kid in Fiona's house without discussing it with the entire family first and having them all agree, which would be idiotic of them given how tight money is at the moment. Lip is scum.