Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Galileo908

S30.E13: I'm Dancing As Fat As I Can

Homer angers Marge by watching their favorite show without her, Bart prepares to compete in Krusty's Holiday Trample.

Edited by Galileo908

Intro: Maggie & Gerald as Cupids

Couch Gag: Burns eating Candy Heart Homer, and Burns spits him out.

Marge as Bojack Horseman is an image I can't unsee. "Too Depressing"

The show finally tackles Stranger Things, and it's to avoid watching it without Marge. Which, of course, he can't resist. And now Marge is mad at Homer AGAIN. She's gotten less mad for more than this. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the first time Homer learned to dance to impress Marge, but I can't think of it right now. This show's really gone to the "Homer does something dumb, then learned something he already knew to win back Marge" plot a hell of a lot.

I liked the Super Toy Run plot more than the Homer & Marge one, but even that plot didn't get much attention. "Dead Grandma, is that you?" Wow, that was DARK.

"Diddly? You can't say that word on TV!"

"Children, there are 400 shows you can watch right now, many with Ted Danson." BTW, watch The Good Place.

Because you watched shows in the 80s featuring a monster:

ALF
Roseanne
Moonlighting
The Cosby Show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

This show's really gone to the "Homer does something dumb, then learned something he already knew to win back Marge" plot a hell of a lot.

And yet this show keeps getting renewed.

Is it lonely up on your pedestal, Marge? Must you always play the victim?

• Like 1

I've never watched Stranger Things, but do get the premise about being the only one not to have binge-watched a recent Netflix release.

Per @ganesh, it was an ok episode but there were a bunch of good lines, so I'm going to have to re-watch.

Yertle the Turtle -- certified non-racist, Warning: turtle learns a lesson

Lenny: "Homer, would you read my Odder Stuff fan fiction ?  I threw it over Stephen King's fence but it hit him on the head."
Homer: "Why Stephen King ?"
Lenny: "Uh, he's got a low fence."

Krusty: "Uhhhh, this is the last time I buy a trick from a magician's widow."

The few kids that were in the audience of Krusty's show were all watching Odder Stuff on phones and tablets.  
Like how Sideshow Mel flopped like a fish after getting out of the water tank.

Krusty: "Nobody's watching my show, what with the downloading and the streaming and the fact that everything else is better."

Krusty: "Now I want ideas."
Writer # 1: "Why don't we do another live special."
Krusty: "What ?  I can't remember lines. At my last wedding I wrote 'I do' on the rabbi's forehead."
Writer # 2: "You could hide a golden ticket in some candy like Willy Wonka."
Krusty: "The only children allowed in my factory are the ones that work there."
Writer # 3: "How about we have a contest. Some lucky kid gets to run around a Krusty store for 5 whole minutes and take all the toys they want."
Krusty: "Inspires buying. It's easy to promote. And it's the 3rd thing someone pitched.  I'm sold !!"

I liked when Homer was yakking with the Netflix guy while deciding to watch Odder Stuff, some odder stuff was going on in the background with Maggie wrestling an owl for some reason.

The list of Scandinavian crime dramas that Marge watches (with fill nudity)
-- BØØBEN
-- The Girl with the Dragon Ta-tas
-- The Beautiful Blue Damn Nudes
-- Bleaken Sexen
-- Who Ordered the Danish ?
-- Pippi Long-Stalking
-- The Adventures of FJØRD Fairlane
-- Stockholm Sin-Dome
-- Finnish Already  (with an accompanying photo of a nude woman looking at her watch)

NetFlix guy: "Come on, come on, watch it now.  Because our subscription prices will triple tomorrow."

Krusty: "To enter our contest, write down in 15 words or less why you love me more than God in America. The top three essayists will earn a chance to run roughshod through a Krusty Store and not get tased by security."
Sideshow Mel: "Whoever fills their cart with the most toys gets to keep them free."
Krusty: "And the other two get the worst kind of squat.  Diddily !"
Flanders (watching at home with Rod and Todd): "Diddily ?  You can't say that word on TV."
Sideshow Mel: "Employees and monkeys of this network are not eligible."
Mr. Teeny (holding up a 1099 form) in subtitles: "I'm not an employee. I'm a vendor."

Homer: "Forgive me Father for I have sinned."
Rev. Lovejoy: "My son, what are your sins.  Beside from thinking that our church has confession." 
Homer: "I watched a binge-worthy TV show without my wife."
Rev. Lovejoy: "Was it 'The Crown' ? Don't tell me how it ends."
Homer: "Doesn't she become Queen ?"
Rev. Lovejoy: "Oh go to hell."

List of dance shows that Marge watches (according to the Netflix guy):
-- Former Senator Dance-Off
-- Dancing on your Grave
-- Dance Octopulets
-- Steve Harvey's Dance Thing
-- Why the Hell Do You Think You Can Dance ?
-- Lap-Dancing with the Stars

I liked Moe's fast recovery when Marge called the bar.
Moe: "Moe's Tavern, Moe speaking.  Homer ? Nah, sorry Midge. I ain't seen him in weeks."
Marge: "What do you mean ?  He told me he's been there every night."
Moe: "Oh, oh, Homer Simpson.  Ah, no, I thought you were talking about Homer the blind poet that wrote The Iliad and The Odyssey, there. 'Cause he ain't been around since like 720 BC."
Marge: "Mmmmmmm"

I love that the name of the Krusty store is 'Hello Krusty'.

Sideshow Mel's starter's pistol shot out a flag that said 'www.buykrustyinbulk.com'

In the stand of toys from 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' there was a model kit of the 'Millenial Eagle', in addition to a lot of Chewbaccas.
Also spotted in the 'Hello Krusty' store: some Happy Little Elves, Blocko Anjelica Button, Krusty Brand Geiger Counter, Phonic Frog, Orbit King rocket kit and Radiaoctive man action figures.

Krusty Slime: Fun for Kids! Toxic for Pets !

Krusty: "Why am I wasting time with this kid ?  Is he dying ?"
Sideshow Mel: "Not that I know of."
Krusty: "Well then get them out of here."

Abe: "Marge. Go to him. If you don't he'll head off to war and you'll never see him again."
Marge: "He's not going to war."
Abe: "That coward! He doesn't deserve my daughter."

Holy crap !  That really was the voice of Ted Serandos, chief content office of Netflix.  He was in the credits.

20 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I think it's supposed to be Bruce Willis.

I thought it was Cybil Sheppard -- apparently she's tough to work with, and was primarily blamed for the show ending.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Like 1

I honestly expected the show to be going somewhere with Julia being voiced by Nancy Cartwright (sounding very like Bart.) Either just for a lampshade hanging joke or an actual plot element.

I even wondered if they were going to have her being a time travelling future version of Bart gone back to the past to save his parents marriage.

• Like 1

They had a good opportunity to poke fun at themselves when Lisa and Bart were talking at the end and Lisa says something along the lines of this romantic moment between their parents. Bart should've said "I have a feeling we will see this scenario again".  Or "I feel like we've seen this before"...cause it is the 20th time this plot has played out.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, xander874 said:

They had a good opportunity to poke fun at themselves when Lisa and Bart were talking at the end and Lisa says something along the lines of this romantic moment between their parents. Bart should've said "I have a feeling we will see this scenario again".  Or "I feel like we've seen this before"...cause it is the 20th time this plot has played out.

Homer resorted to this relationship repair in Werking Mom. The couple is on that kind of cycle 

• Like 2