Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Can I Trust You?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Every time she whined, "I don't know what to do," or something along those lines after many experiences of Luke's dickishness for starters. Also, when talking to the producer she seemed clueless: "I don't understand, we are laying in bed, and cuddling and he won't kiss me." Why is she even trying to kiss him or be anything with him? She said if her friends don't like him then that puts up  red flag for her? Has she not seen enough red flags of her own?

I think the idea that she'd get "death threats" if she got a bad edit on the show for walking off is pretty far fetched.

I’m gonna defend Kate for just a minute because what she and Luke described was 180 apart. He made it seem as if she’s belligerently drunk at night when she gets in bed and forces herself on him. If the roles were reversed I really think there would be concern with the way he’s painting her.

What Kate said is that they’re laying next to each other, cuddling and spooning and their heads are next to each other. It feels “natural” to her that they’d kiss in that situation. In other words, she’s describing what we’ve seen them do in bed. She said she’s getting mixed signals from him and I think she is. He’s treating her one way, leading her on to believe there’s a chance while simultaneously telling her he’s not attracted to her AND belittling her behind her back. I have no doubt she’s incredibly confused.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, spunky said:

LOL. Not Lorena Bobbit.  That boy is something else, he's just mad because he didn't get what he's attracted to, so now he's being a petulant child about it. 

There is more going on with him than the attraction issue. Just look at how he tried to claim Keith was an alcoholic too. Luke goes after anyone in an effort to hurt them. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Every time she whined, "I don't know what to do," or something along those lines after many experiences of Luke's dickishness for starters. Also, when talking to the producer she seemed clueless: "I don't understand, we are laying in bed, and cuddling and he won't kiss me." Why is she even trying to kiss him or be anything with him? She said if her friends don't like him then that puts up  red flag for her? Has she not seen enough red flags of her own?

I think the idea that she'd get "death threats" if she got a bad edit on the show for walking off is pretty far fetched.

It sounded like she was describing what happened the night he said he was repulsed and dead inside and later tried to say she pressured him into doing things.  She is not clueless, she is describing the behavior he has exhibited. Kate could describe Luke's behavior, yet when pressed Luke can't give specifics on anything Kate has done he just uses vague terms and lies about her drinking too much. 

Ashley from season 3, Heather, and Molly all received online harassment and death threats. So dismissing what happened to them is not cool. It is not far fetched because it has happened repeatedly. I don't care if people don't like a person, no one should get death threats.

• Love 6

Geez, if AJ were that hungry he could have had a little snack. I get it, I get hangry but I can grab a some nuts or a few bites of a protein bar, to get me through until we get to the restaurant. It shouldn’t be Stephanie’s problem he can’t be a big boy and fend for himself a few minutes. 

Back to bigger asshats, Luke was such a douche for saying “Oh, you want to talk about your feelings again”, to Kate at dinner.  He tried to make it sound playful but it was full of disdain and condescension. 

I think nudes should be deleted after a relationship ends, if taken, and any pictures of exes can be uploaded to a computer file if they represent a meaningful time in your life, but I wouldn’t carry them on my phone unless that’s the only choice you have. YMMV

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I’m gonna defend Kate for just a minute because what she and Luke described was 180 apart. He made it seem as if she’s belligerently drunk at night when she gets in bed and forces herself on him. If the roles were reversed I really think there would be concern with the way he’s painting her.

What Kate said is that they’re laying next to each other, cuddling and spooning and their heads are next to each other. It feels “natural” to her that they’d kiss in that situation. In other words, she’s describing what we’ve seen them do in bed. She said she’s getting mixed signals from him and I think she is. He’s treating her one way, leading her on to believe there’s a chance while simultaneously telling her he’s not attracted to her AND belittling her behind her back. I have no doubt she’s incredibly confused.

I just can't muster up any sympathy for Kate after Luke said to her that he was repulsed and dead inside after kissing her. To me, there is just no return from that.

On another note: What is up with Luke on the Unfiltered shows? I don't watch them but saw the closing seconds on my DVR the last couple of weeks. What happened to his hair? Does he think that's an attractive look? Yikes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Ashley from season 3, Heather, and Molly all received online harassment and death threats. So dismissing what happened to them is not cool. It is not far fetched because it has happened repeatedly. I don't care if people don't like a person, no one should get death threats.

I've never watched this show before this season so I have no idea who those people are or what they were like on the show that riled up people agains them. No matter what it was, I don't believe anyone should be harassed or threatened under any cirumstances.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Geez, if AJ were that hungry he could have had a little snack. I get it, I get hangry but I can grab a some nuts or a few bites of a protein bar, to get me through until we get to the restaurant.

Well, we know he doesn't like to eat alone. Maybe that includes snacks!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

Note to Katie: Don't stand at the edge of a cliff with this creep.

Yeah he's definitely not going to hold your hand and slide down the mountainside with you on your rumps a la Bobby and Danielle........

• Love 2

I think Kate is a beautiful woman and I'm sure there were guys who were initially attracted to her.  However, once they started talking to her, and listened to that monotone voice of hers, I think they checked out and just regarded her as a typical airhead (bleach) blonde.   She might be nice but she really does come off as dumb as a box of rocks, and not someone any halfway intelligent guy would want to be married to.

Luke is still an asshole though. 

• Love 5

Saying that someone has a problem with alcohol can be very damaging to that person's reputation, even if it's obviously a bullshit lie made up to give Luke an out. Dr. Pepper was clearly not amused. That's two experts who are fully done with him; when will Dr. J arrive to make it three for three?

Are there really receipts online that Luke made up that story about his friend from high school getting killed by a drunk driver? Links please! I wouldn't be surprised at all. I think Luke is an abuser and a pathological liar.

I couldn't handle AJ's mood swings and I can see why he's been single for years.

I don't think Will is attracted to Jasmine at all. He hasn't made a single move.

I'd be pissed if my boyfriend or husband still had his ex's nudes on his phone and was wavering on deleting them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SnackyCakes14 said:

When Will was describing what he's in to, I was cringing at Jasmine's facial expressions and attitude toward him.  So you want him to take the lead, but then mock him and look skeptical about what he finds attractive. Has she seriously never heard of guys liking the "sexy librarian" look? 

Luke continues to be the worst.  When Kate asked if he had an example of when she drank too much, it was beyond frustrating to see him pause, turn red, and then squeak out a no.  I don't know or care if he's gay because what he is, is a gaslighting, abusive asshole.

A.J. needs to stop with the temper tantrums. As others have noted, Stephanie seemed into the game and wasn't in a hurry to make a decision or leave. And as for him making some comment about it being the first time in a month he chose something, or whatever, I would have sweetly said, "Well, if you're that upset about it, you can always go eat ALONE." 

Poor Kate seems to have been sleeping when God lined everyone up to give them their share of brains.   Even a drop of common sense would help, but alas, our little heroine is sorely lacking in both departments so far.  😞 

I wonder how things would go if she actually stood up for herself and called Puke out on his nasty-ass bullshit and told him to stick his attitude where the sun don't shine and a doctor is afraid to go.  I have a feeling he'd be all over her and feel nothing but lively fireworks inside.   He's the kind of dick-wad who always wants what he can't have. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I don’t think Will has a problem with Jasmine’s weight. He told her he’s attracted to her. I think it’s her personality that’s the issue. 

I think both things are the issue.  Also, he might have just been a gentleman when he told her he was attracted to her.  I guess we'll find out soon though.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I've never watched this show before this season so I have no idea who those people are or what they were like on the show that riled up people agains them. No matter what it was, I don't believe anyone should be harassed or threatened under any cirumstances.

In Heather's case she did what many people are insisting Kate should have done and ended the marriage following verbal abuse on the honeymoon. Derek screamed at Heather until she was in tears. After they came back, they met with Pastor Cal, he tried to get her to reconsider and she wasn't having it. But because she stood up for herself, she was rewarded with a bitch edit, harassed and threatened online mercilessly. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't think Will is attracted to Jasmine at all. He hasn't made a single move.

I think he likes the way she looks but the 70/30 bills & general emasculating thing she does has turned him off. I'd be surprised if they lasted; he seems to have shut off. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Poor Kate seems to have been sleeping when God lined everyone up to give them their share of brains.   Even a drop of common sense would help, but alas, our little heroine is sorely lacking in both departments so far.  😞 

I wonder how things would go if she actually stood up for herself and called Puke out on his nasty-ass bullshit and told him to stick his attitude where the sun don't shine and a doctor is afraid to go.  I have a feeling he'd be all over her and feel nothing but lively fireworks inside.   He's the kind of dick-wad who always wants what he can't have. 

I can't help but find it incredibly disturbing that someone who has been verbally abused and gaslighted repeatedly is being called an idiot. I find that to be an incredibly dangerous narrative and if people are wondering why people hide the fact that they are being verbally and emotionally abused, they should just read all the criticism directed at Kate. 

What would happen to Kate is she stood up for herself? Exactly what happened to Heather during the season 4. The show would have minimized why Luke was so awful the way they did with Derek. Kate would have gotten the same awful edit that Heather received and been harassed and threatened online. And given the gaslighting from Luke, he would have turned it around on her and claimed she was the one verbally abusing him. And the show would have let him because they have already watched him verbally and emotionally abuse her and have done nothing and they let him call her an alcoholic and barely challenged him on that issue. 

• Love 11

Luke says to Kate “I don’t want to hurt you” and does a dry chuckle while saying it. He is such a manipulative shit.

A lot of people here are frustrated that Kate keeps hanging in there.  Kate lost her father this year (he is alive, but completely out of her life).  That is a huge loss and I imagine she is emotionally drained from that.  She doesn’t have the strength right now to navigate Luke’s lies and gaslighting.  It bothers me that the “experts” haven’t tried to talk to Kate separately about what she wants but are willing bystanders to the emotionally abusive marriage they created.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, endure said:

Kate is either very desperate or a total idiot.  I'm glad her friends can see Luke for what he is.  Wake up and smell the roses Kate!

In her defence Luke appears to be a real Jekyll & Hyde, says one thing to someone and something else to her.  We've all seen him be real sweet to her but his actions and words are not always supportive either.  He's got to be a real mental case or a phoney.  Most women would be a lot more broken than she appears to be over some of the things he's done and said to her.....I don't get either of them 🙄

Forget about Lukewarm or Puke.  “Devious Luke” is more like it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

We were watching Luke and saying he reminded us of the type of men on Dateline that murder their wives.  He tells everyone she is drinking heavily and he's worried about her.  Later she is found dead in a hot tub, bottom of the cliff or stairs.  He blames it on her drinking which he has conveniently told everyone about.  Note to Katie: Don't stand at the edge of a cliff with this creep.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna say anything but you hit the nail on the head. I'd worry about whoever ends up with this loser. He seems like the type that would go to extreme measures to get his wife out of the picture. Bad vibes all around.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I can't help but find it incredibly disturbing that someone who has been verbally abused and gaslighted repeatedly is being called an idiot. I find that to be an incredibly dangerous narrative and if people are wondering why people hide the fact that they are being verbally and emotionally abused, they should just read all the criticism directed at Kate. 

What would happen to Kate is she stood up for herself? Exactly what happened to Heather during the season 4. The show would have minimized why Luke was so awful the way they did with Derek. Kate would have gotten the same awful edit that Heather received and been harassed and threatened online. And given the gaslighting from Luke, he would have turned it around on her and claimed she was the one verbally abusing him. And the show would have let him because they have already watched him verbally and emotionally abuse her and have done nothing and they let him call her an alcoholic and barely challenged him on that issue. 

For the record, I didn't say she was an idiot.  I just think her reactions to her husbands behavior are not only foolish, but down-right dangerous for ANYONES mental and emotional well-being.   She just seems more than a little slow on the uptake and that's just a sad fact. 

I'm sorry for her, but not so sorry I give her a pass for being her abusive husbands punching bag this early in the game without giving much thought to it other than to try to "understand" the uncalled for shit Puke puts out there.   He is so not all that. 

I'm also annoyed that these "experts" put her in harms way.  She should never have been chosen for this fools gold marriage experiment if she's been that damaged from her past experiences.   Experts my aching hind end. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Luke says to Kate “I don’t want to hurt you” and does a dry chuckle while saying it. He is such a manipulative shit.

A lot of people here are frustrated that Kate keeps hanging in there.  Kate lost her father this year (he is alive, but completely out of her life).  That is a huge loss and I imagine she is emotionally drained from that.  She doesn’t have the strength right now to navigate Luke’s lies and gaslighting.  It bothers me that the “experts” haven’t tried to talk to Kate separately about what she wants but are willing bystanders to the emotionally abusive marriage they created.

If she's so emotionally drained from losing her father, then that's all the  more reason why she shouldn't have agreed to be on this show.  Nobody made her sign up for this.  She, like all the others, just wanted the exposure. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

If she's so emotionally drained from losing her father, then that's all the  more reason why she shouldn't have agreed to be on this show.  Nobody made her sign up for this.  She, like all the others, just wanted the exposure. 

No one made Luke sign up and abuse someone either and frankly I think he would have been abusive regardless of who he was matched with because that is who he is as a person.  I don't think Kate would be anything like this had she been matched with one of the other three men instead. Kate and Will might have actually been a decent match for one another. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

No one made Luke sign up and abuse someone either and frankly I think he would have been abusive regardless of who he was matched with because that is who he is as a person.  I don't think Kate would be anything like this had she been matched with one of the other three men instead. Kate and Will might have actually been a decent match for one another. 

Will might have been initially physically attracted and maybe would have had sex by now.  He  might even have thought that she was a nice person.  However, he would have had a hard time maintaining any interest in her because he's seems intelligent, unlike her.   He would have soon gone to sleep. 

26 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

For the record, I didn't say she was an idiot.  I just think her reactions to her husbands behavior are not only foolish, but down-right dangerous for ANYONES mental and emotional well-being.   She just seems more than a little slow on the uptake and that's just a sad fact. 

For the record, I wasn't just referring to you.  What reactions is Kate having that are so bad though? In general she just seems confused which is understandable because she is being abused. Luke does one thing but then tells her something else. Then on last night's show she finds out that he has been telling at least one producer that Kate has a drinking problem but when she personally asked for an example he could not give one. And let's be real if he had any reasons to truly think that he would have voiced them. Not only that she has production in her ear about how she has to try and make things work. She is getting mixed messages all over the place and on top of that she is  watching the other three couples at least have some sort of decent rapport with their spouse. She isn't slow, she is confused because she is dealing with a shitshow. Her eyes show that she knows the show deliberately screwed her over and is rubbing salt in the wound each time she meets with the other women or couples. It is truly sick what the show is doing to her and is worse than any other season. We have seen obvious mismatches on the show and we have seen people be terrible towards their spouses like Derek and Nick. But the situation given to Kate makes previous seasons look like a walk in the park. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Will might have been initially physically attracted and maybe would have had sex by now.  He  might even have thought that she was a nice person.  However, he would have had a hard time maintaining any interest in her because he's seems intelligent, unlike her.   He would have soon gone to sleep. 

She seems unintelligent? Based on what? Because she is being abused? This is exactly what I was talking about in a different post. Kate is the victim of abuse, yet people can't stop saying she is slow, unintelligent, an idiot and so on. The fact that people don't see how that is problematic and contributes to how society fails victims of abuse is really scary.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

She seems unintelligent? Based on what? Because she is being abused? This is exactly what I was talking about in a different post. Kate is the victim of abuse, yet people can't stop saying she is slow, unintelligent, an idiot and so on. The fact that people don't see how that is problematic and contributes to how society fails victims of abuse is really scary.

Yes, she seems unintelligent.    

We can agree to disagree.  I'm moving on... 

Just now, aphroditewitch said:

We can move on but abuse is not subjective. And "agree to disagree" only applies to subjective topics. Luke is abusing Kate, the show is enabling that abuse, and people giving Kate a hard time over being a victim of abuse is not ok. 

I don't agree that people are giving Kate a hard time about being abused. Kate needs to get some insight.  I'm sorry, but she doesn't appear to be the brightest bulb, and for her to sit there like a lump while someone...ANY one abuses her should be more cause for concern than people getting frustrated with her lackadaisical attitude.   I'm afraid all the sympathy in the world isn't going to help her.  If it's not Puke it's going to be someone else who takes advantage of her apathetic behavior. 

One can only hope her friends can get her to pull her head out of her own ass and help her actually SEE the reality of her situation.   Her situation is not good and her ignoring it, allowing it or misunderstanding it isn't going to make it go away. 

Stephanie would have tested many guys patience with her slow speech patterns as she was endlessly, tediously seeking out the perfect sports bars just so she could keep watching the game.  Just pick somewhere and go now considering she cannot cook at all and that's the only way they will eat unless he does all the cooking himself.   Drove me crazy watching it.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

This is classic victim blaming. People are putting the responsibility on Kate for the abuse. Non-abusers would not do what Luke or another abuser is doing. A non-abuser might not be interested in Kate or similar person but they would not abuse her.

I guess I just see it differently.

To me, being a responsible adult lies in taking ownership for your part in any relationship, whether it's an abusive relationship or not.   You, me nor anyone else can force her to walk out.  She'll need to decide to do it herself.  

I tried to help someone get out of an extremely abusive/toxic relationship.  It didn't work.  After months and months of abuse, he chased her into the women's bathroom at a dance and beat the shit out of her.  As I wiped the blood off her face, I said, "Honey.  I'm done.  I can't do this with with you anymore.  Either leave him or just stop calling me.  She never called me again.   Last I heard she brought two kids into that hell-hole.  My sympathy lies only with those children. 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 4

I'll turn the question around: In what ways has Kate demonstrated intelligence?

Phoenix, I'm sorry! Without "AJ," the stand-alone "Stephanie" drew a blank for me! Yikes!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
Because...lost my mind there!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

I guess I just see it differently.

To me, being a responsible adult lies in taking ownership for your part in any relationship, whether it's an abusive relationship or not.   You, me nor anyone else can force her to walk out.  She'll need to decide to do it herself.  

I tried to help someone get out of an extremely abusive/toxic relationship.  It didn't work.  After months and months of abuse, he chased her into the women's bathroom at a dance and beat the shit out of her.  As I wiped the blood off her face, I said, "Honey.  I'm done.  I can't do this with with you anymore.  Either leave him or just stop calling me.  She never called me again.   Last I heard she brought two kids into that hell-hole.  My sympathy lies only with those children. 

Except production and the network did not have to keep this going nor did production have to enable Luke's abuse. While the show would have not been able to end the marriage, they could have stopped production on Luke and Kate. They could have brought in real therapists to speak with her instead of the experts who have questionable credentials. They also did not have to air Kate and Luke or could have aired it with commentary about why this is an abusive situation. 

Studies have shown over and over again the most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is after the person leaves. A woman in my metro area left her abuser and stayed with friends. He still hunted her down and killed her. While that doesn't mean that people should not try and leave, it does mean that even when precautions are taken the outcome can still be  tragic. Also many family court judges have been unsympathetic towards abuse survivors during custody hearings and still granted joint custody, only for the abuser to kill the kids. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'll turn the question around: In what ways has Kate demonstrated intelligence?

1, She challenged Luke's claim about her drinking to much. She could have just agreed with him and said she drinks to much and plans to go to AA. Instead she asked for an example. When he couldn't give one, that was point for her side. 

2. She was smart enough to bring it up with her friends, to get their reactions on record in case Luke's false accusations could be used against her in her career. 

3. She also has let other people know how he is treating her. She didn't have to tell the other women on the show what has happened between them, but she did because she knows she needs to get her side out there in a way that is not confronting the producers. She knows if she confronts the producers, her side would never have aired. Letting the other women know what was going on was a good move because it helps her create allies for interviews and confessionals. 

Receipts have already leaked that Luke was lying about his own relationship with alcohol. While Kate probably didn't leak them herself, someone who was previously burned by Luke probably did. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Except production and the network did not have to keep this going nor did production have to enable Luke's abuse. While the show would have not been able to end the marriage, they could have stopped production on Luke and Kate. They could have brought in real therapists to speak with her instead of the experts who have questionable credentials. They also did not have to air Kate and Luke or could have aired it with commentary about why this is an abusive situation. 

Studies have shown over and over again the most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is after the person leaves. A woman in my metro area left her abuser and stayed with friends. He still hunted her down and killed her. While that doesn't mean that people should not try and leave, it does mean that even when precautions are taken the outcome can still be  tragic. 

I don't disagree with you on this post at all.  I get it.  I do.  

However, I firmly believe that while you can educate someone who is ignorant of facts, you can't educate stupid.  If she doesn't call him on his cruelty and lies and just makes excuses for him and stays mired in her own confusion, I will continue to question her ability to understand much of anything reasonable. 

As I see it, the only one who can extricate Kate from this worthless, conniving, manipulative asshole is going to be Kate and Kate alone.    We can all boo hoo her right into her own damn grave, but it's not going to help her or any other victim of abuse who insists on staying with their abuser. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

However, I firmly believe that while you can educate someone who is ignorant of facts, you can't educate stupid.  If she doesn't call him on his cruelty and lies and just makes excuses for him and stays mired in her own confusion, I will continue to question her ability to understand much of anything reasonable. 

Would the show bother to air it if she had called him out on it? Probably not. The show has enabled his abuse, they don't care and likely won't air it is she does stand up for herself. The show wants a breakdown, that they will air. But an abuse victim standing up for herself, no they will not air that unless they can use it against her. 

1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think the post you commented on was about Will and Jasmine, not about Kate.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

This is the post I was referring to. Doesn't that say WILL? I thought it was about the time he went to sleep on Jasmine.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

This is the post I was referring to. Doesn't that say WILL? I thought it was about the time he went to sleep on Jasmine.

Which was is response to me saying the following:

So no it wasn't about Will and Jasmine it was in response to me saying that Kate would have been different matched with someone who is not an abuser. Even if they wouldn't have liked each other, someone like Will would not have treated Kate the way Luke does. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

As I see it, the only one who can extricate Kate from this worthless, conniving, manipulative asshole is going to be Kate and Kate alone.    We can all boo hoo her right into her own damn grave, but it's not going to help her or any other victim of abuse who insists on staying with their abuser. 

I agree with all of this. She is constantly trying to give him the benefit of the doubt even while saying he's told her many times he isn't attracted to her. These people just met. This is not some long standing relationship. It's barely a relationship. She even used the words "turned the corner" because he told her some sad story. She seems delusional about this situation, and barely mad that he says these things to her. Normal reaction to being called an alcoholic? Being pissed. She doesn't seem capable of generating any sort of reaction.

The smart thing to do would be to play somewhat nice but move out. Then pretend to "try" for the camera (a la Danielle from Danielle and Cody). Or even, stay in the airbnb but go about your life and wait for Decision Day. I don't care. But no, she is constantly hanging on him, giving him chances and puppy dog eyes. It's her attitude that makes her seem pathetic. Girl needs to get some gumption and confront him. Not just say "we turned the corner" and "you just don't know how to say things right." 

• Love 3

I think Luke is surprised that people/experts challenged him on his comments.  He thought he was getting away with his backstabbing and "gaslighting" of Kate.  He has been shown to drink as often as anyone else on the show with the exception of having water when he and Kate went out after Dr. Pepper confronted him about his comments.  And, I may be way off base here, I do not understand how anyone who had issues with other people drinking would buy them three bottles of wine that he had obviously already talked about with Kate (she said to him that she remembered he mentioned the label when they spoke about it previously).  Also very telling, he told Dr. Pepper that he thought Kate drank too much because she drank more than he did, so by his own acknowledgement-he drinks (and it's doubtful that Kate drank more than he did, he was trying to come up with a reason he said Kate drank too much).

I think that the new highlight of this show for me is whenever someone calls Luke on his statements and actions and he looks like a deer in the headlights as he tries to figure out how to justify/explain his statements...

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Stephanie would have tested many guys patience with her slow speech patterns as she was endlessly, tediously seeking out the perfect sports bars just so she could keep watching the game.  Just pick somewhere and go now considering she cannot cook at all and that's the only way they will eat unless he does all the cooking himself.   Drove me crazy watching it.

Oh I did not know they couldn’t cook, this makes more sense. I wondered why they had to go out to eat at all? I kept thinking just cook something you guys! I love making game day snacks. I must’ve missed the part where they discussed not cooking. It drove me crazy too. 

AJ was being a butt about where to go out to eat. She suggested something and he said he doesn’t want to drink like if he went to a sports bar he would be forced to drink and he seemed to shoot down her ideas as well. Maybe Stephanie was pushing back a bit, which she should.  Maybe he is the one with the alcohol problems among other things. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

AJ was being a butt about where to go out to eat. She suggested something and he said he doesn’t want to drink like if he went to a sports bar he would be forced to drink and he seemed to shoot down her ideas as well. Maybe Stephanie was pushing back a bit, which she should.  Maybe he is the one with the alcohol problems among other things. 

I kept wondering why they didn't call for a delivery of something.  Seems like he was determined to not get up and go munch on something until her game was over.  What if it'd been his team playing and she behaved in such a manner.  He's SUCH a petulant, little brat.  And he likes his booze, no doubt about it.  Little jackass. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I have a bunch of pictures of my exes on my phone.

Hmm, am I the only one who regularly syncs her phone with the computer and files away all photos into neatly organized albums in the computer drive (not in Photos)? I only carry on my phone what i need to have currently. The rest is tucked away nicely 🙂

• Love 1

To quote Ricky Bobby ...FISHBOWL

Will: I think it would be sexy if  you wore your hair hair pulled back, glasses...a librarian look

Jas: You like nerds?  Really?

Will: Yes.

Jas, instead of confronting and questioning his fishbowl answer pull your hair back in a bun, don thick framed glasses and hope it revs Will’s motor....apparently what you are doing is not working..

• Love 8