Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Brandon's Story

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Hellga said:

I did not like how the phlebotomist (don't know whether she is actually a nurse) handled the draw.  OK, it's silly for a 33 year old man to be afraid of needles, but it is equally silly for a healthcare professional to ignore that fear and end up with a potential issue on your hands.   

We always used to talk kindly to the patient. Let them know it would just be a pinch. If they were afraid we were taking too much blood, we would say each tube was only about a teaspoon. And we always were warm, friendly and smiling. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im only a population of 1, but as a fat woman (5’7 16w/18w) fat guys don’t approach me. (For the most part) Skinny dudes seem to love me, it might be a mental conquest thing?

Do you feel it’s a sincere thing (even if just for sex) or bordering more on fetish?

25 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Do you feel it’s a sincere thing (even if just for sex) or bordering more on fetish?

For my self or for the 600lbs life participants?

For some of the participants (not in this season though) they were always very large; but mobile and functional members of society when they met their partners. I can see someone wanting to stick by a partner, considering their obesity to be a disability and a disease by the time it got to that point. The ones that are actually supportive of their partner and help them through the process it’s probably a preference for larger people and not just a fetish. The ones that feed them and sabotage them constantly may not be motivated by a sexual fetish but a co-dependency, rather than a healthy type of love for a romantic partner. 

For myself I have never felt fetished in a romantic situation because of my weight. Now granted in the USA I blend right in- I’ve never been 600lbs or even 300lbs. A lot of people that have weight problems feel comfortable dating other people that suffer from the same issue either 1. An eating buddy or 2. Someone who understands how you feel about an aspect of your life and will keep you off of the edge. 

To keep things on topic- I think Brandon’s girlfriend liked him for himself (and Vice versa) but I think she may have felt more secure about her weight being with a guy that was very large himself. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

For my self or for the 600lbs life participants?

For some of the participants (not in this season though) they were always very large; but mobile and functional members of society when they met their partners. I can see someone wanting to stick by a partner, considering their obesity to be a disability and a disease by the time it got to that point. The ones that are actually supportive of their partner and help them through the process it’s probably a preference for larger people and not just a fetish. The ones that feed them and sabotage them constantly may not be motivated by a sexual fetish but a co-dependency, rather than a healthy type of love for a romantic partner. 

For myself I have never felt fetished in a romantic situation because of my weight. Now granted in the USA I blend right in- I’ve never been 600lbs or even 300lbs. A lot of people that have weight problems feel comfortable dating other people that suffer from the same issue either 1. An eating buddy or 2. Someone who understands how you feel about an aspect of your life and will keep you off of the edge. 

To keep things on topic- I think Brandon’s girlfriend liked him for himself (and Vice versa) but I think she may have felt more secure about her weight being with a guy that was very large himself. 

And probably afraid that if he lost a lot of weight, he might not want her anymore. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And probably afraid that if he lost a lot of weight, he might not want her anymore. 

He is an intelligent good looking guy so that might be accurate in that she may feel insecure and wants him To need her. I think the real reason she didn't want him to go to Houston is that she didn't  want him to get better, she liked things the way they were. Change is scary.

Mom deserves the 90 day fiancée hissing momma Debbie "she's a bitch"

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3
On 2/14/2019 at 11:37 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Once again, I say to the enabling partner who says "eating is the only thing we can do together"-Girl, have you never heard of Scrabble? Seriously, there are MILLIONS of things you can do together. Play a board game. Play cards. Learn a hobby like crocheting or painting. Collect stamps, or coins, or vintage postcard. Get houseplants and take care of them. Read aloud to each other. Go for a damn walk. Tropical fish are endlessly amusing and there's the fun of learning all about them and taking care of your aquarium. Volunteer at your church. This isn't rocket surgery.

This^^   This complaint is a major theme on this show.  I think they said they met at church so they could've done volunteering.  He could sing in the choir which would get him out of the house on Sunday and a week night for rehearsal.

I felt sorry for the car when Tayler practically had to push him in and push the door closed.  It reminded me of trying to close an over-filled suitcase.  

I was really confused about the furniture.  Did they not say they had to move in with his mother?  If it was mom's apartment how did her white living room sectional couch end up in Houston?

Maybe it was the spelling of her name as Tayler that annoyed me.  I would probably not have noticed without closed caps( which I had left on after trying to hear Albert  when he whispers in "Victoria.").  Then there was   a   Taylore on Dr Pimple Popper last night. 

I think Tayler is a mixed bag.  And I really didn't blame her from not wanting to rush off to Houston without a job lined up, but then there was no mention of her working after they got there that I recall. 

I do give props to Brandon for using the subjunctive properly.  

I am cautiously optimistic.  

• Love 9

It was so nice to see Dr. Now being funny a couple of times. He seemed to click with Brandon and it was nice to see that side of him. I think he genuinely does care about his patients and that was evident in this episode. Anyone who wouldn't retire completely after Steven MUST care for his other patients. 😋

That nurse might be the most aloof and cold person I've ever seen on reality television. I don't think I care for her at all and that's sad considering she's barely ever spoken. She's always had a resting bitch face and on this episode, she revealed that she is severely lacking a bedside manner to go with it. Maybe she regrets her career choice or dislikes overweight people, I dunno. 

I've read speculation over the years that she is related to Dr. Now. Does anyone know if that's true?

• Love 7
On 2/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I just came here to say that I died when Brandon mentioned the blinged out stethoscope 😂

And when he asked Dr. Now if he liked to sing!  I like that they seemed to have a genuine bond.  Kind of refreshing after all the patients that seem antagonistic towards the doctor.

• Love 5

Finally watched this. Its always sad to see how deformed their bodies are after they lose a bunch of weight.   But it was nice to see someone lose 70 lbs each month the first two months. That is over 2 lbs per day! 

Talyer's family and all the tears about her moving made me think about this podcast I recently stumbled across. Its a true story written by a man who sailed around the world by himself in the 1880's.  I find myself amazed a person could do such a thing. Definitely no skype or facebook back then. 

• Love 4

Brandon seemed like a nice guy. I hope he continues to do well. 

The nurse with the blood draw. She came off so cold. I really had to wonder about the editing because can somebody really be like that in that field? My husband has a history of passing out when needles are involved so they always make him lay down when he needs to get blood drawn which helps him not pass out. I thought that was handled very oddly. 

• Love 1
On 2/16/2019 at 8:19 AM, IntoTheMystic said:

That nurse might be the most aloof and cold person I've ever seen on reality television. I don't think I care for her at all and that's sad considering she's barely ever spoken. She's always had a resting bitch face and on this episode, she revealed that she is severely lacking a bedside manner to go with it. 

All his nurses have seemed personality-less, or worse.  Which contrasts with Dr. Proctor's nurse on the most recent Family By the Ton episode; she was shown really interacting with the patients.

• Love 3

Nah, nurses are simply professionals are not there to coddle adults scared of needles. If you're 30+, you should not act like a sissy when it comes to doing the blood draw. I was Brandon's age when I had my first blood draw as an adult and I did not make a fuss. Since then I've probably had 20+ and yes it HURTS every single time.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, MutualCore said:

Nah, nurses are simply professionals are not there to coddle adults scared of needles. If you're 30+, you should not act like a sissy when it comes to doing the blood draw. I was Brandon's age when I had my first blood draw as an adult and I did not make a fuss. Since then I've probably had 20+ and yes it HURTS every single time.

Now in my mid 60s, it is only in my right hand with a butterfly needle thingie.  My hand is very scarred but it works.  Never once, after randomly fainting when they moved a needle in either elbow, did I scream or act out.  Looking back it appears that old school spontaneous vapors is far more effective than acting out !!!!!

• Love 4

His dad went from being a bus driver to getting into law school? Wow, now that is ambition! 

And on another note, he certainly eats at a much slower pace than the other pounders on this show, who are shoveling food down like the world is catching fire all around them and they only have 60 seconds to inhale 50 pounds of food. 

Edited by Hannah94
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I just caught the tail end of his episode and noticed Tayler also lost quite a bit of weight, I did not quite notice it like that the first time.  Hopefully they can help each other stay on track and have a happily ever after. 

• Love 2
On 2/14/2019 at 12:37 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Once again, I say to the enabling partner who says "eating is the only thing we can do together"-Girl, have you never heard of Scrabble? Seriously, there are MILLIONS of things you can do together. Play a board game. Play cards. Learn a hobby like crocheting or painting. Collect stamps, or coins, or vintage postcard. Get houseplants and take care of them. Read aloud to each other. Go for a damn walk. Tropical fish are endlessly amusing and there's the fun of learning all about them and taking care of your aquarium. Volunteer at your church. This isn't rocket surgery.

I think the translation is "Eating is one of the few things that he *will* do with me."

Edited by Suzywriter
Conjunction junction
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/17/2019 at 7:09 PM, MutualCore said:

For whatever reason, this was a real anxiety for him.  The medical profession needs to recognize that people come with different challenges that may not be logical.  Her lack of empathy makes me believe that instead of him being better with needles in the future, he was more traumatized and will be worse.

• Love 7

I felt like overall Brandon wasn’t really blaming others, or at least not as a way to keep making excuses and not lose weight.  I thought it was more like he was trying to figure things out. In any case, we didn’t see him taking things out on other people. He was courteous to Dr. Now and actually conversed with him instead of sitting there with dead eyes going “OK. OK. OK” as so many of the resistant patients do. He did falter when resisting Dr Lola’s advice but he appeared to work hard to get back on track; even Dr Now praised him. And at the end of the show he acknowledged that he was still trying to get to a place where he could deal with the dad issue. (I noticed when he was first talking about their rift, that he said he initially hoped his parents could work through the infidelity but then his dad said some horrible things to his mom and that was when Brandon felt his relationship with dad was irreparably damaged.)

Best of all, he repeatedly said “Tayler and I...” 😂

• Love 3

Why does Dr Nows nurse Cassandra look like she hates her job? She has no expressions and seems so damn rude. I can't stand looking at her. Then when Brandon was having his panic attack she was just sitting there like wtf! I wanted to slap her

Edited by MME
3 hours ago, MME said:

Why does Dr Nows nurse Cassandra look like she hates her job? She has no expressions and seems so damn rude. I can't stand looking at her. Then when Brandon was having his panic attack she was just sitting there like wtf! I wanted to slap her

Didn't we figure that she was family.  Lots of job security in that.

• Love 1
On 2/14/2019 at 2:52 AM, Kenzie said:

We all know Dr. Now's  nurse isn't known for her warm and fuzzy personality but I laughed out loud when she took her die-and-see-if-I-care apathy to world-class heights when she lumbered in to take his blood.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, Monie said:

Her lack of bedside manner is pathetic!! She doesn't seem to care millions of people are watching!😯

On 2/16/2019 at 5:19 AM, IntoTheMystic said:

That nurse might be the most aloof and cold person I've ever seen on reality television. I don't think I care for her at all and that's sad considering she's barely ever spoken. She's always had a resting bitch face and on this episode, she revealed that she is severely lacking a bedside manner to go with it. Maybe she regrets her career choice or dislikes overweight people, I dunno. 

Hmmm,  I guess I am in the minority - I think she is hilarious!  Whenever a poundticipant gains wait - she looks like she is trying SOOO hard to keep a straight face and not roll her eyes.  (that side glance this week from Maja since she must've noticed it too made me giggle).  So many of the poundticipants are sooooo whiny, I'm sure she used to have more compassion and just got tired of the BS, lies and melodrama that comes from them.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, ShortyMac said:

I did not like Tayler at all. She just bugged me. "I think I enable him a little bit" "I want him to be happy, so, I bring him food" "One of the only things we can do together is eat" 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, calpurnia99 said:

I just rolled my eyes when they mom was crying when gf was going away for a year. Isn't she a 30 year old? I guess she didnt go away to college? Very stunted, it is not like she was going off to war or to a foriegn country forever. FFS, unreal.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:34 PM, DropTheSoap said:

Tayler seemed very....young. Sheltered. Naive. 

It’s probably good for both she and Brandon to become adults and make a life away from parents. 

On 2/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, Barbara Please said:

As for gf Taylor, she was as exciting as a wet paper bag. She seemed catatonic most of the time. She needs to find something that gives her joy.

She was soooo boring.  She didn't seem to have much personality at all.  And while I can see her point of view that she would feel 'trapped' into going to Houston (she was put into a situation in which she either supports her boyfriend or she moves to a city she doesn't want to move to for a year of her life.... I mean that can have life long implications for one's career) her door-slamming temper tantrum was quite immature.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:21 AM, calpurnia99 said:

yeah because in the 2 months he lost 140 pounds she could have lost 30 which would have showed, if she was following the 1200 calorie a day, yeah that must have been fried pork chops - I'll have to check the live chat and see what those sage ones had to say about it, and the eggs. Jeez Louise I mean I like a deviled egg myself but no I can't eat 30 at once.

Deviled eggs are just one of those things... I could probably eat 10 halves (5 eggs) and normally 3 eggs would be a lot for me to eat.  But they are soooo good!

On 2/15/2019 at 3:15 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Statistically- (reminding ourselves that all these couples are heterosexuals) I think there are more obese women than obese men in the USA across the board. Also I think a lot of the boyfriends/husbands of participants are feeders and went for the women specifically because of their size. The men are sexually attracted to women of a certain size. I think many of the women were initially attracted to their partner but may have wanted a bigger guy in order to feel smaller/ more “normal” and it evolved into a caregiving relationship.

Women are socialized to take on more of a caregiving role, and are more likely to be a caregiver outside of the idea of being attracted to a supersize person. 

I'm gonna disagree here.  I think that it is just more socially acceptable for a man to be obese than a woman.  If a man is 50 lbs overweight one barely blinks an eye - probably wouldn't even be called overweight.  A 50 lb overweight woman is a different story.  I mean - just think of how Okay it is to have a 'Dad-Bod' for so many male celebs.  Theres no way their female counterparts could get away with a comparable 'Mom-Bod'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

In 46 years I had never ever had problem with getting my blood drawn and the few times I got IV. I even go every 4 months the past 8 years for blood test because my fibromyalgia and medication I'm on. Little over a year ago I ended up in hospital with serious septic gallbladder infection. I was there 6 days and needed several IV placements because they wouldn't last long. Every one took several tries. I ended up with one under my arm. Came home with black horrible bruises all over my arms. Couple months later I went to get back to get the gallbladder removed. It was gonna be simple surgery and going home next day. I ended up staying 9 days because complications. Again IV placements were extremely difficult with each taking 3-4 tries. By then I was extremely afraid of it from my previous experience. They had the best people trying to do various things and it was just horrible. Each IV lasted less than day. Finally they took me to radiology and made cut on inside my upper arm and placed couple inches long tube inside my vein. It was under anaesthesia. That finally lasted until I went home. But now I have extreme fear of IV's, my whole body turns into giant cramp. The last time they had to place IV (to remove the bag I had placed for the gallbladder infection to clear) and few weeks after surgery I had that happen again and I couldn't move for 5 days at all. I was not able to even go to the hospital as I could barely walk. Few steps to the bathroom and no way I could get myself into the car to be taken. Finally the 5th night finally my husband took me and it took 3 more days of taking something to go away. And I take hydrocodone and muscle relaxants for past 8 years and it didn't help with the horrible pain and cramping. I can't even go to doctor now as I fear he will send me for more tests where I need IV. But seems my complications are not over as now I have a huge bulge where the scar tissue grown inside after the surgery. Seeing that scene brought all the stuff back. I could so relate to him being scared and having panic attack from blood draw.

• Love 1

He is the first one on this show that I have actually liked in a long long time.  He was a genuinely nice guy who got himself in a bad way.  He's they type that I will root for to keep it up because I think he could genuinely change his life and be happy.  

While I always hope they are able to change and keep the weight off, some of the subjects of this show are so self absorbed and hard to like.  Was refreshing to watch Brandon's story!

• Love 2

His favorite food was his mom's sweet potato casserole.  On the diet, his favorite food became cauliflower tots (I am not sure what it is, but it sounds like a way to make cauliflower into something far less healthy than it is naturally!)

He was star-struck when he met Dr. Now, and what Brandon appreciates most about him is his selflessness.

When he got approved for weight loss surgery, he was scared at first because he was afraid of surgery.

They did NOT show the whole scene with Tayler not wanting to move to Houston.  They just had Brandon recap it in a voiceover. 

The call-out box said for him, the biggest difference between Columbus and Houston is the weather. (What did he expect if he didn't go anywhere much in either city?)  He said he liked the apartment in Houston, that it was well-maintained.

The bonus scene was from when he was in the hospital for his cellulitis.  He said it was nerve-wracking because of the IV and the constant bloodwork and he was really ready to go home.  Really did not add any value in my book.

They also had a callout box saying that his hidden talent is being able to pick up languages quickly.  Well, I will believe it when I hear him speak another language!  I have heard that musicians are often good at imitating accents/vocalizing phrases in another language/getting pronunciation right, but it is not the same as learning another language to speak it properly... so I am not convinced yet. 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Hellga said:

His favorite food was his mom's sweet potato casserole.  On the diet, his favorite food became cauliflower tots (I am not sure what it is, but it sounds like a way to make cauliflower into something far less healthy than it is naturally!)

He was star-struck when he met Dr. Now, and what Brandon appreciates most about him is his selflessness.

When he got approved for weight loss surgery, he was scared at first because he was afraid of surgery.

They did NOT show the whole scene with Tayler not wanting to move to Houston.  They just had Brandon recap it in a voiceover. 

The call-out box said for him, the biggest difference between Columbus and Houston is the weather. (What did he expect if he didn't go anywhere much in either city?)  He said he liked the apartment in Houston, that it was well-maintained.

The bonus scene was from when he was in the hospital for his cellulitis.  He said it was nerve-wracking because of the IV and the constant bloodwork and he was really ready to go home.  Really did not add any value in my book.

His favorite color is blue.  I quit after that and went back to hoops.

There was another bonus scene with them going out to a nice restaurant.  And how he has confidence now to be out and about and not worry about people looking at him.  During that date he was saying how he would like to get a job and get a house, and go places and she said she would like to go to the zoo.  They looked more genuine and warm in the bonus scene than in others.  And they were talking about visiting Italy eventually.  And she mentioned she would like to get a ring "sooner rather than later".  And he said it is something he has on his mind.   And now that he has a new life he never wants to go back to the way he was, "sitting in the house and rotting away". 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hellga said:

I like me a good success story!

Thanks for sharing this.  He looks great!! I think she has lost a bit of weight as well.  They make a cute couple, and I wish them well.  

• Love 3
On 2/16/2019 at 8:19 AM, IntoTheMystic said:

I've read speculation over the years that she is related to Dr. Now. Does anyone know if that's true?

Just watched the rerun of Brandon’s episode and I purposely came here regarding  Dr Now’s stone-faced nurse. I have no proof of this, but I’ve heard that he employs family members in his office and I always thought she MUST be his daughter! There’s a strong family resemblance.

okay, I was wrong. He has two pretty daughters, neither of them look familiar from the show. https://thecelebsinfo.com/dr-younan-nowzaradan-biography/

Edited by magemaud

Sooo, missed this episode first time around and just saw the repeat. Could those who are needle phobic explain to me what the deal is?  Not about phobias (because I have my own in another area), but it seems to me, that if needles are your trigger, that you just don't look?  I just look in the opposite direction when my blood is getting drawn or I am donating.  Or, for that matter, when I'm just getting a flu or allergy shot.  Just Don't Look!  But obviously, I am missing something somewhere.

Flabbergasted at the parent's reaction to their darling daughter (gasp) moving out of town for a year.

Got very tired of Brandon's whining, but kudos to him for losing that massive amount of weight all in one year.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, magemaud said:

Just watched the rerun of Brandon’s episode and I purposely came here regarding  Dr Now’s stone-faced nurse. I have no proof of this, but I’ve heard that he employs family members in his office and I always thought she MUST be his daughter! There’s a strong family resemblance.

okay, I was wrong. He has two pretty daughters, neither of them look familiar from the show. https://thecelebsinfo.com/dr-younan-nowzaradan-biography/

No, I think she is named Cassandra, and is not Iranian.  I re-watched last night, and was kind of struck too with her demeanor towards Brandon, who honestly confessed his fear of needles.  She was "professional", but pretty cold towards a patient who really was seeking reassurance.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Yokosmom said:

Sooo, missed this episode first time around and just saw the repeat. Could those who are needle phobic explain to me what the deal is?  Not about phobias (because I have my own in another area), but it seems to me, that if needles are your trigger, that you just don't look?  I just look in the opposite direction when my blood is getting drawn or I am donating.  Or, for that matter, when I'm just getting a flu or allergy shot.  Just Don't Look!  But obviously, I am missing something somewhere.

Flabbergasted at the parent's reaction to their darling daughter (gasp) moving out of town for a year.

Got very tired of Brandon's whining, but kudos to him for losing that massive amount of weight all in one year.

Yes, I just don't look.  I've been hospitalised multiple times, and you take a breath and don't look.  I re-watched last night.  It was the first even re-run I've seen in months.  He obviously was over the moon with his fiancé.  Her whining about leaving her family temporarily, and more importantly their reciprocal response was kind of disturbing.  If my adult child needed to relocate to Houston to assist in her beloved fiancé's recovery I'd wholeheartedly support it.

Plus, let's bring up the 300 lb elephants in the room here.  A lot of the time, when Dr. Nowzaradan is meeting with the 600 (+) patient in question, the attendant family members are obese themselves.  They could ALL stand to do the diet together.  Brandon's fiancé included---she's fat.  He should jam them all about that some more, in my opinion.

They may live in a "no salad zone",  but the whole family should adopt healthy eating, to help the pounticipant and themselves.  No such thing as a "no salad zone", just a "Don't feel like trying" zone.

It is interesting how even articulate and self-aware pounticipants like Brandon seem to get derailed by medical setbacks.  This may also be a result of how the show is edited and voiced-over, I don't know.

When Brandon developed life-threatening cellulitis, which Dr. Now referred might have been from a lapse in "hygiene", Brandon and many pounticipants seem to take it as a personal affront.

"If this doesn't go away soon and I CAN'T GET MY WLS I don't know how much longer I can do this....." To Brandon's credit, he moved beyond this.

I too was kind of turned off by fiancé forking dessert into her mouth while Brandon was proposing.  But, maybe it's TV, and a 5th time re-enactment  for the cameras.

I wish them well, and looking forward to LIVE CHAT!

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, libgirl2 said:

We always used to talk kindly to the patient. Let them know it would just be a pinch. If they were afraid we were taking too much blood, we would say each tube was only about a teaspoon. And we always were warm, friendly and smiling. 

Yes, it seemed she was cold and dismissive of his fears.  She could have smiled, patted his hand and winked "just don't look".

On 2/14/2019 at 9:27 AM, edie3 said:

Has Dr Now always had the bling near the ear pieces of his stethoscope?  I knew the end was gold, but ......

I noticed this on a recent episode and wondered the same thing.   

Lordt, his girlfriend had to FORCE the SUV door to shut with him in it.   Yes, she has to get the door for him.  

On 2/14/2019 at 11:16 AM, ShortyMac said:

So sorry to have missed this last night and the live chat - so much to catch up on. So many great comments and snark. 

I think I pulled muscles in my eyes, I rolled them so hard when Brandon was having that panic attack over a blood draw. We were all Kassandra. 

These college-knowledged participants make for some boring episodes...

I guess everyone with a shitty childhood should be super obese, because that's an excuse to eat yourself into oblivion. Sure, I had a 'I'm an adult and have the freedom to eat whatever when I want' period, but, I got my shit together, for a few years now. 

His mom really didn't notice her son had a problem until he was 250lbs at 12, I think? Really? 

Brandon was already 500lbs by the time his dad copped to the affair and left. I don't understand why Brandon's mom couldn't support his siblings, and he couldn't finish college; such a waste to spend all that time and money, be so close to graduating, and drop out. 

Brandon's mom was a bitch. Just because you can't stand your ex, that doesn't give you permission to interfere with your son maybe reconnecting with his dad. Being a bad husband doesn't mean he's a bad father. Incredibly shitty and selfish of her. Be a better person, a parent, and help your son. 

I did not like Tayler at all. She just bugged me. "I think I enable him a little bit" "I want him to be happy, so, I bring him food" "One of the only things we can do together is eat" 

And surprise, surprise - she's fat, too, because she's eating the same garbage he is. You say you love your SO and you want them to be happy, but, you're helping them die...

I felt for her when she felt like she had no choice in moving to Houston. Her family was too attached, acting like she was going off to war. I get that leaving your family for a year is hard. She's an adult, she'll be okay. There's FaceTime and Skype. 

Brandon's song that he wrote for Tayler was just cringe. Keep that between you two, please. 

I am happy that he got himself together and lost all of that weight.

What's wrong with the song?  I think it's sweet.  On a side note, her last name is Kunce.  I would marry him just to be rid of that last name.

• LOL 4
(edited)

My suspicion is the mother doesn't want Brandon talking to his father, because there's something that Brandon doesn't know.   I wonder if there's a lot more to the father's side than the mother will admit?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2