Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Your Girl Jazz has a Boyfriend!

• Start Topic

On 2/13/2019 at 1:34 AM, maggiegil said:

I found it really disrespectful for Jazz to come in and basically lie down on her grandparents couch and talk to them while practically horizontal. If it was because Jazz was still healing I'd understand it but in earlier scenes she was sitting up so it can't be that, it just seemed rude to me.

I thought it was probably what she always does.   Her mother came with her and sat on the sofa with her legs up on it.  I think Jazz and Jeanette are just very informal people--especially with the grandparents.  My favorite on this show is the grandfather.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:16 AM, Anlogle said:

I was really shocked that they didn't immediately nix the idea of her being alone with him in her room.  They should have immediately nixed that idea.  They all need to get to know him first.   No telling what kind of person this guy is. Jazz just met him. They need to tell her to slow it down.

So she can't lock it, but can keep it shut?  nope, at least not for the first visits.  No way would we allow that.  Greg is an attorney with resources; he needs to do a back ground check on the 'boyfriend" and his family.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:16 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Jeanette has turned me off so many times with her demands and complaints.  IT's really intolerable. HOW does Greg take it?  I have an idea.  Greg needs to take Jeanette with him to work for a few days so she can see just how stressful and complex attorney work is.  It's unreal and extremely competitive. There are deadlines for everything.  You have a DUTY to take care of your client's needs and if you don't you can get into big trouble.  He must have awesome colleagues who step in to help with all the time he's had to take off work for family heath issues, but, you can't abuse that. Plus, you really have to pull your own weight with bringing in fees.  I wonder if Jeanette is clueless on this.  Why didn't Greg say that the HIRED NURSES were supposed to do certain jobs. If she chose to take on their duties, then that's on her.  

I am an attorney and I agree that is is stressful, and it seems like there is always a deadline looming.  It does depend on what type of attorney he is.    I do not think a visit to his office would help her understand because I think she is too self and Jazz absorbed for it to make any impression on her.  I am glad he realized how stressed she was so maybe he will take steps to hire an RN or LPN to be with them in the hotel for the first few days after Jazz is released.   She complained about having to change the dressings while Jazz was still hospitalized, but that was necessary for her to learn how to do it so she could do it when Jazz was recuperating at the hotel.  I don't like to do medical type stuff myself (that's why I went to law school and not medical school), but I can pull myself together to do what I need to. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

Sander looks just like Greg to me, and the girls take after him as well. Griffin has the grandmother’s and Jeanette’s weird eyes. I know that’s mean and shallow. 

I think Jazz looks more like her mother even with the darker coloring.  She and Ari seem to share the same complexion, but I think Ari resembles her dad more.  Are the twins identical or just fraternal twins who closely resemble one another?  I have known twins who thought they were identical until they did a DNA test.

Yes, I suppose it does depend on what kind of work that Greg does, but, I don't know of any attorneys who are not very busy and under a lot of responsibility with their practice.  Even if those below you do the work, you have to ensure it's done correctly.  

Do you know what kind of doctor Jeannette's dad used to be?

48 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think Jazz looks more like her mother even with the darker coloring.  She and Ari seem to share the same complexion, but I think Ari resembles her dad more.  Are the twins identical or just fraternal twins who closely resemble one another?  I have known twins who thought they were identical until they did a DNA test.

If they're truly identical I'd be surprised. I can easily tell them apart by facial features. Sander is the cuter one, haha.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I really do wish Jazz the best and hope that you take the time now to settle into a private life.  I'm just curious if she realizes that as a "special needs" child in her family she has been very expensive...she has been given everything that other transgender children can only dream of and I hope Jazz appreciates that... It's time to let Ari, Griffin and Sander shine in that family.

• Love 6
On 2/15/2019 at 3:50 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, I suppose it does depend on what kind of work that Greg does, but, I don't know of any attorneys who are not very busy and under a lot of responsibility with their practice.  Even if those below you do the work, you have to ensure it's done correctly.  

Do you know what kind of doctor Jeannette's dad used to be?

He was a radiologist.

Jazz sure likes to lie down a lot...in the living room, in her room, and even when she was out with her friends sitting at the picnic table, she felt the need to lean back on her friend. I think she's going to gain back every pound she lost before the surgery, and then some. She's too leisurely.

• Love 2

I understand why Jazz is excited about her recent physical transformation and the new freedom and confidence it gives her, but I don't get her choice of boyfriend Ahmir.

Here's my take:  Ahmir is outright creepy, girly, arrogant, unattractive and has a flat personality.  He's wrong for happy, lively, beautiful and intelligent Jazz!  She can do much better than him!

• Love 8

Ahmir is indeed downright creepy.  I don't see the appeal at all.  

I honestly couldn't finish watching this episode as it was super cringeworthy.   She was so over the top.  If this was TLC generated and encouraged,  then it was extremely exploitative.  

• Love 3

It was mentioned that Ari moved back home, I am wondering if she is done with College?  and if so what sort of degree did she get.    We don't get alot of air time with her,  and know nothing about her.  She had her boyfriend with her in NY though.

Also, I think Jazz is getting old enough now to have a filter.   It was kind of cute as the show started but now it is getting to be way too much.

• Love 2

I am catching up on episodes so my reply is a bit late. What the hell at Jazz randomly meeting this guy online and him suddenly becoming her boyfriend. He has no job, no career aspirations, and no interest in going to college....a catch he is not. I understand that 19 is the age where people are still trying to figure themselves out as I was there at one time, but I still worked so I could have some semblance of independence and I attended school. What does he plan on doing if he moves closer to Jazz?

Jazz talking about her libido and wanting to sexually explore with partners was interesting. I really hope she isn't dating Ahmir just so she can have sex. I know she said she plans to wait until marriage, but it's clear she's open to different possibilities. I just hope she chooses the right guy.

• Love 3
On 3/2/2019 at 7:29 AM, trimthatfat said:

Jazz talking about her libido and wanting to sexually explore with partners was interesting. I really hope she isn't dating Ahmir just so she can have sex. I know she said she plans to wait until marriage, but it's clear she's open to different possibilities. I just hope she chooses the right guy.

I think that a lot of people Jazz’ age (17/18) (actually most) date so that they can engage in partnered sex. Of course I want Jazz to be safe (physically and emotionally) because she’s a human being but I’m not too concerned about her motivations for dating Ahmir. It’s probably very thrilling for her to starting dating, especially since her Mom has been harping on her about it. 

• Love 3

Is it even physically safe for Jazz to be having intercourse?  It's only been about 8 months since her surgery... I would think that a lot of healing has to occur before she could even think about that.

1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

Is it even physically safe for Jazz to be having intercourse?  It's only been about 8 months since her surgery... I would think that a lot of healing has to occur before she could even think about that.

It's not 8 months post op in the show, is it? I thought it was a few weeks or month at best.

I think Jazz needs to slow it down.  She wants to get an apartment so she can provide a place for her boyfriend to live. She really needs to get to know him a lot better before she takes that step.  It is like she got her vagina and is now trying to run as full speed into adult life.  She is going to regret it if she doesn't slow it down.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am glad my teen years were not filmed.

I think Jazz is finally feeling liberated, and yes she's taking it a little fast,  but she's been waiting a long time and she was kind of sidelined in a lot of ways for most of her adolescence, in that she didn't feel like she could go there before, so now it's like she just got the car keys and she wants to drive.

I don't think she's healed enough for intercourse, but that is not the only way to be sexually active and I'm certain Jazz knows that.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 3
On 3/3/2019 at 11:54 PM, possibilities said:

I am glad my teen years were not filmed.

I think Jazz is finally feeling liberated, and yes she's taking it a little fast,  but she's been waiting a long time and she was kind of sidelined in a lot of ways for most of her adolescence, in that she didn't feel like she could go there before, so now it's like she just got the car keys and she wants to drive.

I don't think she's healed enough for intercourse, but that is not the only way to be sexually active and I'm certain Jazz knows that.

Yes that’s what I meant. 

• Love 1

This whole boyfriend thing seems fake to me. Amir speaks as if he's saying lines. (I certainly don't want to dox him, unless they are out and about as a couple in real life.) But this seems clearly designed as a storyline for the show.

• Love 1