Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Your Girl Jazz has a Boyfriend!

• Start Topic

Three weeks after surgery, Jazz already has a boyfriend. The family s concerned that Jazz is rushing into things, but Jazz invites him to visit her in Florida. Jazz receives upsetting news about her recovery and is told she'll likely require another surgery.

Original air data 2019.02.12

Jazz has a boyfriend!  Something her mother has been annoying her about for at least three seasons.  Now that she's had her surgery and is feeling more comfortable in her body, we are expected to believe that they are suddenly concerned about her having a boyfriend.  Sure, it's supposedly three weeks post surgery (expect timeline shenanigans similar to last year's miracle weight loss and gain and loss again within one episode).  Shall we meet the young man who has been featured in many previews?  Let's! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I still don't know why they bothered with the Victoria drama when they'd already showed these previews with the boyfriend a billion times!

Especially because we all know nothing will come of it, and awkward, planned out things will be said to lend an air of realism (Not!), like this tripey trope "I want to fall in love with you" or whatever syrupy shite this kid tells Jazz on a preview. Couple that with the dramaz with his mother not being supportive and the ominous "Has he told you the truth?" from evil mom who is trotted out to support the anti-trans folks, and we're left with nothing but her new boyfriend is likely transgender too. Oh, big surprise...I wish we could hear from Dr. Ting a bit more, actually, the dude has grown on me...

• Love 4
18 hours ago, gingerella said:

..I wish we could hear from Dr. Ting a bit more, actually, the dude has grown on me...

Have you read Dr. Ting’s biography?  The man is a prodigy. He is a graduate of Julliard as well as a doctor and a teacher.

21 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Original air data 2019.02.12

Jazz has a boyfriend!  Something her mother has been annoying her about for at least three seasons.  Now that she's had her surgery and is feeling more comfortable in her body, we are expected to believe that they are suddenly concerned about her having a boyfriend.  Sure, it's supposedly three weeks post surgery (expect timeline shenanigans similar to last year's miracle weight loss and gain and loss again within one episode).  Shall we meet the young man who has been featured in many previews?  Let's! 

I am really glad that you are now the moderator of this forum. You may always have been and I just never noticed until now!  

But I had noticed on My 600 Pound Life.  You are a great moderator. You keep the discussion on track and you treat people fairly. I know this is off-topic but I have been wanting to say this for a while.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12

Three weeks after surgery..some of which I presume was on bed rest, and Jazz " finds " a boyfriend, where the plan is to meet the parents/family? meaning both are at the point in the relationship? Where/How - via social media, former school aquantience?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sATL said:

Three weeks after surgery..some of which I presume was on bed rest, and Jazz " finds " a boyfriend, where the plan is to meet the parents/family? meaning both are at the point in the relationship? Where/How - via social media, former school aquantience?

Are her folks going to hang outside the bedroom door the first time they have sex? Is she going to have to give them a “blow by blow” of the whole experience?  Their interest in her romantic life is creepy.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

That was a lot of sex talk for having only known this boy for about 2 weeks...especially considering she’s supposed to be healing. Jazz continues to have zero filter, bless her. 

Are we allowed to talk about the promo for next week? Because what kind of lingerie Greg likes to see Jeanette wear is something I never needed to know.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, sATL said:

Well, well, well.   She found him in Philly, at the convention she was discouraged from attending and had to attend in a wheelchair.  He is cisgender, but they never explained why he was there.  It would have been interesting to know if he had a sibling who was trans, but I doubt that because in one of the previews his parents don't seem to be happy that Jazz is trans.  Was he watching the show and just decided to turn up to meet her?  It all seems fishy to me, and I really liked the scene from the next episode where her school friends are grilling him about his plans as he has graduated high school, but isn't going to college and he isn't working.  He was going to join the military but now isn't.  I am very unimpressed with him.  

Speaking of school,  what's this about Jazz being a valedictorian and able to get into the college of her choice?  At least that's what her grandfather said.

Speaking of grandfather, I really enjoyed the segment with Jazz and the grandparents without the rest of the family.

Glad Sander and Griffin have seemingly resolved the tension in the relationship at least for now. 

I liked the parents visit to the putt-putt course.  I actually liked Jeanette better tonight than usual. 

What is with all the off the shoulder blouses and dresses?  Every time I see them especially on anyone over about 25, I think of Naomi on "Mama's Family."

So I am waiting for Jazz to return to NYC and find out that she has regained the 30 pounds she lost plus 5-10 more.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Heartismyarmor said:

That was a lot of sex talk for having only known this boy for about 2 weeks...especially considering she’s supposed to be healing. Jazz continues to have zero filter, bless her. 

Are we allowed to talk about the promo for next week? Because what kind of lingerie Greg likes to see Jeanette wear is something I never needed to know.

Well, until she heals she is limited in what they can do.  I think Jeanette was trying to re-live her high school years in some of her earlier conversations with Jazz about dating.  I think she wanted Jazz to have the opportunity to date around before becoming serious with another person.   I can't imagine anyone but Jazz will be happy with this boy.  Maybe it brings a bit of comfort to her that he was at the convention in Philly.  

I did mention the promo for next week, but I get confused sometimes between what is shown from the week before, the current episode itself, and the promo for another episode.  I am not at all confused as I watch the show, but once it is over it all runs into my head as one show. 

I was annoyed last episode when Dr Ting said DONT GO to philly but Jeannette just is like whatevs i/we wanna go...you just went thru hell with Jazz surgery falling apart but now you’re going to disregard surgeons orders.  And poor Greg , it’s like whatever Jeannette says/wants goes and his opinion means zilch.  She will annoy till she gets what she wants.  She cried that he wasn’t there , she needed him but then his thoughts & feelings are disregarded. Maybe listen to Greg just once . 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, well, well.   She found him in Philly, at the convention she was discouraged from attending and had to attend in a wheelchair.  He is cisgender, but they never explained why he was there.  It would have been interesting to know if he had a sibling who was trans, but I doubt that because in one of the previews his parents don't seem to be happy that Jazz is trans.  Was he watching the show and just decided to turn up to meet her? 

My understanding was that they met on-line.  He sent a message to Jazz and she had some sort of feeling that she should reply to his message.  Then they started talking daily and when she found out that he lives in Philly, she told him that she would be in Philly for the convention and so he came there to meet her

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The twins.. Luci and Dezi here.. with the bickering..

when one said he didn't have anyone to talk to b/c of Jazz's surgery and the mom was stressing - made me wonder about him not trying to go to his dad. Yes - Greg was working but it very sad that the twin didn't at least try to talk to dad.  And its said that Dad didn't make it a point to sit down and spend quality time with both twins as he was well aware of what was going on between them. 

And now they are back in the same room. Do they even share the same dorm room at college ?

Aside from the growing pains the young men are experiencing - I do hope those 3 older ones make better plans for next summer. Sounds like this one was a bust, w/o taking into consideration family surgeries. Find an internship (paid or unpaid) somewhere, go on a mission trip, stay at school with a off-campus buddy - something. 

Ari did graduate college, right or does she have another year ? I'm trying to understand did she move back just for the summer or until she finds a job in her field ?

No air... cat has fleas.... in FL ??  Ick.

Jazz waiting for marriage for sex ? Whose taking bets ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

So Jeannette was upset about having to go to New York on her own again with Jazz for surgery, needed to tell Greg how awful it was on her in New York the first time, but was totally fine taking a recovering Jazz in a wheelchair to Philly by herself? Okay.

I like Jazz's grandpa a lot, so at least there's that.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Speaking of school,  what's this about Jazz being a valedictorian and able to get into the college of her choice?  At least that's what her grandfather said.

I can see it.  Jazz is pretty bright. I'm not sure how the home school pgm she's in works, but if she is taking courses that also carry college weight - like AP or JR/community college, that will boost the HS GPA. She could have taken extra courses - since she's doesn't have school-type electives that take a class period like other HS students take.   And that's on top of what she took the 3 years prior. With all of her extra curricular (granted its been centered around one single subject), that will also look good to a college admission counselor.  Jazz already has a lock on the essay question "name one experience in your life that was traumatic, life changing, emotional, etc ". You would think she would use the summer to open up a SAT/ACT prep book , as opposed to dreaming about a man she just met 2 weeks ago, but time will tell.

• Love 2

That is way way way too shallow a pool for the boys to be jumping into like that!

Jeanette was implying that Jazz suddenly being so into having a relationship is odd when Jeanette has been pushing and pushing for years for Jazz to get a boyfriend.

I don't trust anyone who contacts a reality tv star claiming to have only just found out about them and then being so willing to be in a long distance relationship with them (see also Brittany from VPR). IMHO he has ulterior motives that he wants to be on reality TV.

I found it really disrespectful for Jazz to come in and basically lie down on her grandparents couch and talk to them while practically horizontal. If it was because Jazz was still healing I'd understand it but in earlier scenes she was sitting up so it can't be that, it just seemed rude to me.

• Love 4

why would the ONE time you go on your 25th anniversary dinner date , romantically sitting by the ocean , after you shopped for sexy lingerie - as preferred by your husband, you would allow your inexperienced-in-dating kid to also go out with someone who you don't feel comfortable with yet, during the same hour(s)?

Sound like Greg and Jeanette are getting back to being husband and wife - but they (well mainly Jeanette) need to draw a line. A line bigger than going "off camera" to track down the teenagers. I hope Greg brings up a discussion about they now have almost 4 grown children and is looking forward to the next chapter of their lives - what they plan and want to do as a couple- semi-retire, travel, move, etc.

Surely, the Jazz and Amir could have went out earlier, the next day, the day before or with one of the older siblings or the grandparents , so you can be in peace .  Amir doesn't know the area - so how much trouble could he have gotten into? Too bad some of Jazz's horny-ness hasn't rubbed off on Jeanette. Greg is still a good looking guy - when he cleans up a little.

and Jazz - just to keep your parents out of your business and going through this again ... let's try to hold off on dating someone they don't know/trust/investigated/approved/lives someplace else of until you've gone off to college.

Edited by sATL
1 hour ago, maggiegil said:

I don't trust anyone who contacts a reality tv star claiming to have only just found out about them and then being so willing to be in a long distance relationship with them (see also Brittany from VPR). IMHO he has ulterior motives that he wants to be on reality TV.

I agree. The way she explained it on the show sounded really shady. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, TerryeW1 said:

My understanding was that they met on-line.  He sent a message to Jazz and she had some sort of feeling that she should reply to his message.  Then they started talking daily and when she found out that he lives in Philly, she told him that she would be in Philly for the convention and so he came there to meet her

Thanks, that makes more sense.  I just heard he met her at the convention;  I was probably checking the cat for fleas when she mentioned meeting online first.  I still want an explanation of why they ended up at the convention after Dr T said "no."  Did he change his mind or did Jeanette just decide to go anyway?  Or did Jazz pressure Jeanette?  I can't remember if Greg was there for the discussion about the convention.   

Maybe I have answered my own question.  Jazz met Ahmir online, and wanted to meet him.  He lives in Philly, and her convention is in Philly.   So Jazz is determined to go to Philly, and Jeanette was already determined to go.   So that is how they ended up in Philly.  Even if Greg objected, he was outnumbered.   I wonder if the trip had any effect on her healing.

7 hours ago, sATL said:

can see it.  Jazz is pretty bright. I'm not sure how the home school pgm she's in works, but if she is taking courses that also carry college weight - like AP or JR/community college, that will boost the HS GPA. She could have taken extra courses - since she's doesn't have school-type electives that take a class period like other HS students take.   And that's on top of what she took the 3 years prior. With all of her extra curricular (granted its been centered around one single subject), that will also look good to a college admission counselor.  Jazz already has a lock on the essay question "name one experience in your life that was traumatic, life changing, emotional, etc ". You would think she would use the summer to open up a SAT/ACT prep book , as opposed to dreaming about a man she just met 2 weeks ago, but time will tell.

4 hours ago, Visaman666 said:

What is all this about lingerie? All I saw was them playing miniture Golf and not keeping score.

I think the lingerie was in the promo for an upcoming episode.  Everything I see in the hour show sticks into my mind as one show;  when it is over I can't remember what was promo and what was in the show.

I am glad for Jazz about being valedictorian.  I guess I was confused as it seemed she had dropped out of her regular school and was doing the online stuff just to make sure she graduated on time. 

I apologize for the faulty quoting and any spelling and/or grammar errors as I have not yet had my caffeine this morning.

Edited by Twopper
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Jazz's boyfriend. He's 19, has no job and no plans for college or.....anything. He's a real catch. I would do everything in my power to keep someone like that from my daughter. 

ITA, plus it seems like Jazz is just checking off the boxes.  Surgery - check.....Boyfriend.....check.  She even admits she presently has no libido (shock surprise after what she's been through) and the reasons she's into this guy seem flimsy at best.  Her parents should be telling her to slow it down, she still has a lot to process, plus she has her whole life to meet someone.  She shouldn't force it just because there's a show deadline and it makes good TV fodder.  But of course the show comes first in her parents' eyes!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, maggiegil said:

That is way way way too shallow a pool for the boys to be jumping into like that!

Jeanette was implying that Jazz suddenly being so into having a relationship is odd when Jeanette has been pushing and pushing for years for Jazz to get a boyfriend.

I found it really disrespectful for Jazz to come in and basically lie down on her grandparents couch and talk to them while practically horizontal. If it was because Jazz was still healing I'd understand it but in earlier scenes she was sitting up so it can't be that, it just seemed rude to me.

I agree. I really hope that they check this guy out thoroughly before he comes to visit.  They need to get the name of his relatives in Florida that he says he is coming to visit and actually talk to them. They should also run a background check on him.  Something doesn't sound right about this guy. Jazz is very inexperienced and naïve. 

Edited by Anlogle
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

ITA, plus it seems like Jazz is just checking off the boxes.  Surgery - check.....Boyfriend.....check.  She even admits she presently has no libido (shock surprise after what she's been through) and the reasons she's into this guy seem flimsy at best.  Her parents should be telling her to slow it down, she still has a lot to process, plus she has her whole life to meet someone.  She shouldn't force it just because there's a show deadline and it makes good TV fodder.  But of course the show comes first in her parents' eyes!

I was really shocked that they didn't immediately nix the idea of her being alone with him in her room.  They should have immediately nixed that idea.  They all need to get to know him first.   No telling what kind of person this guy is. Jazz just met him. They need to tell her to slow it down.

• Love 4

It's my understanding that previews are not part of the actual episode and should not be discussed until they do air as in the episode, but, I could be mistaken.  

Jeanette has turned me off so many times with her demands and complaints.  IT's really intolerable. HOW does Greg take it?  I have an idea.  Greg needs to take Jeanette with him to work for a few days so she can see just how stressful and complex attorney work is.  It's unreal and extremely competitive. There are deadlines for everything.  You have a DUTY to take care of your client's needs and if you don't you can get into big trouble.  He must have awesome colleagues who step in to help with all the time he's had to take off work for family heath issues, but, you can't abuse that. Plus, you really have to pull your own weight with bringing in fees.  I wonder if Jeanette is clueless on this.  Why didn't Greg say that the HIRED NURSES were supposed to do certain jobs. If she chose to take on their duties, then that's on her.  

I suspect that once Jazz sees just what her new boyfriend is like, she'll grow bored with him. I wondered when she says that he thinks a lot.  If he's not working, studying or involved in any activities, then what's he thinking about?  Jazz at least has her tv show, college plans, major surgeries, and her activism projects.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Ya know what? Just once I'd like to hear Jazz apologize to her dad when he tells her he's uncomfortable with her tmi. Instead she goes off on him. 

And she is totally lying about the boyfriend graduating high school. When her dad and grandpa ask she gives a very quick barely there "yep". Sure Jazz.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I read online somewhere that thanks to online schooling, Jazz will not only graduate from high school but also earn an associate’s degree at the same time thanks to taking community college courses while she’s been doing online school.  Way to multi-task!

Re: the valedictorian thing

Typically, the valedictorian has the highest GPA of the graduating class AND has been invited to speak at graduation. Some schools don’t automatically invite the highest GPA to deliver the valedictorian speech at graduation and there are even some schools who have more than one valedictorian.  Since her online school is in conjunction with the public school system in her area and not a private or unaffiliated school, they may have asked her to be the valedictorian (or one of several) invited to give a speech based off of her activism as well as her academic achievements.

The boyfriend?  I firmly believe it’s scripted, except for the part about her having no libido.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

I read online somewhere that thanks to online schooling, Jazz will not only graduate from high school but also earn an associate’s degree at the same time thanks to taking community college courses while she’s been doing online school.  Way to multi-task!

Re: the valedictorian thing

Typically, the valedictorian has the highest GPA of the graduating class AND has been invited to speak at graduation. Some schools don’t automatically invite the highest GPA to deliver the valedictorian speech at graduation and there are even some schools who have more than one valedictorian.  Since her online school is in conjunction with the public school system in her area and not a private or unaffiliated school, they may have asked her to be the valedictorian (or one of several) invited to give a speech based off of her activism as well as her academic achievements.

The boyfriend?  I firmly believe it’s scripted, except for the part about her having no libido.

i was so proud that one of my nephews and one of my nieces  were able to do this too!  It gave them a jump start to regular college and their parents saved so much money.  They are already working in their field and attending college. 

Has Jazz indicated what field she's interested? Journalism, Science, ?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, iwasish said:

Are her folks going to hang outside the bedroom door the first time they have sex? Is she going to have to give them a “blow by blow” of the whole experience?  Their interest in her romantic life is creepy.  

As is her desire to flaunt it to them.  And the idea of them having sex in her parents’ house while the family is there knowing what is going on is 😖

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has Jazz indicated what field she's interested? Journalism, Science, ?

I’ve not been able to find any indication online as to what course of study she will pursue.  Given that her family is very supportive and her other siblings have gone on to college I would imagine she’ll figure it out once she is there.

1 hour ago, princelina said:

As is her desire to flaunt it to them.  And the idea of them having sex in her parents’ house while the family is there knowing what is going on is 😖

I suspect that Jazz views sex as very different than most teens do, since she has no real inclination.  I think she may put no more sensitivity to it in the home as she would trimming her nails or brushing her teeth. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Am I a prude if I’m completely horrified by the sexual way Jazz spoke to Amir on FaceTime and  later on to her parents?  I think she is way way too immature to even consider that type of relationship. 

I don’t know for sure but I think it is highly individual.

For example, I started my period at 11 and shortly after that my libido and I couldn’t stop thinking about making out with boys by the time I was 13.  I fought long and hard to hang on to my virginity after having so much fun just making out, but my resolve was destroyed by the time I hit 15.

On the other hand, my sister didn’t even date until after college.  Walked down the aisle at the age of 35, a virgin, to the first and last guy she ever dated after meeting him on a computer dating site.  They’ve got 5 kids and been married for 22 years.

Go figure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Am I a prude if I’m completely horrified by the sexual way Jazz spoke to Amir on FaceTime and  later on to her parents?  I think she is way way too immature to even consider that type of relationship. 

I don't think you're a prude. Or at least, if you are then so am I. And it's not an age thing for me--I was younger than Jazz when I lost my virginity. I just think it seems like she is rushing into a relationship because she want to feel like a Real Girl and not because she wants to from her heart, if that makes sense. I worry for her.

ETA, and the fact that her boyfriend found her on the internet and sought her out also makes my spidey sense tingle. I would want to make very very sure his motives were not solely prurient and her being so eager to talk to him about her vagina is no help at all in that regard.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suspect that Jazz views sex as very different than most teens do, since she has no real inclination.  I think she may put no more sensitivity to it in the home as she would trimming her nails or brushing her teeth. 

I am sure you are right.  I wish her sister would sit her down and explain a few things - probably would carry more weight than coming from her silly parents.

• Love 4

Omg Jeannette really does not stop whining . She wants a medal for what mom’s do everyday ( whether they’re single or spouse working) 

“ the one i go to & cry to wasn’t there”..... uh, that’s what your $1000 iPhone is for 🥴

Greg is very aware of what he wants on air , with Jeanette & Jazz it’s just a big unfiltered TMI free for all 

Edited by DNR
More words
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, princelina said:

Maybe they can put a one way mirror in her bedroom and she can satisfy her need to flaunt and their need to watch.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:10 AM, asemumma said:

I wonder just how many “cold shoulder” tops Jeanette owns. What must her closet look like?!?!?

How do those tops stay on the hanger???

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Jeanette has turned me off so many times with her demands and complaints.  IT's really intolerable. HOW does Greg take it?  I have an idea.  Greg needs to take Jeanette with him to work for a few days so she can see just how stressful and complex attorney work is.  It's unreal and extremely competitive. There are deadlines for everything.  You have a DUTY to take care of your client's needs and if you don't you can get into big trouble.  He must have awesome colleagues who step in to help with all the time he's had to take off work for family heath issues, but, you can't abuse that. Plus, you really have to pull your own weight with bringing in fees.  I wonder if Jeanette is clueless on this.  Why didn't Greg say that the HIRED NURSES were supposed to do certain jobs. If she chose to take on their duties, then that's on her.  

I can't take her at all.  She must have grown up as such a spoiled doctors daughter.  She hasn't a clue about real struggles.  The surgery Jazz had was major.  But she's got the mommy martyr syndrome and plays it to death.  "Now Jazz may have to have another surgery.  It's not fairrrrrr".  But this was known from the beginning.  I'm a single mom with no family anywhere close and I had to put my son through 2 major surgeries (he was born with bilateral clubfoot).  I had to balance that, 2 kids, a full time 9-5, making sure I didn't miss any extra days that weren't vacation because rent and bills are due.  So I have no patience for poor Jeanette.   

On 2/12/2019 at 9:57 PM, DNR said:

I was annoyed last episode when Dr Ting said DONT GO to philly but Jeannette just is like whatevs i/we wanna go...you just went thru hell with Jazz surgery falling apart but now you’re going to disregard surgeons orders.  And poor Greg , it’s like whatever Jeannette says/wants goes and his opinion means zilch.  She will annoy till she gets what she wants.  She cried that he wasn’t there , she needed him but then his thoughts & feelings are disregarded. Maybe listen to Greg just once . 

I couldn't believe she went.  She wants the doctors to be right there for her for everything she needs but if it's something that puts her out or doesn't fit in her agenda (doctors orders not to travel, extra surgeries) all of a sudden she's not going to listen to them.  You can't pick and choose.

All that and agreeing with what someone said last week, she needs a makeover bad.  The greasy orangey foundation, frosted lipstick, 80's eyeglasses, glitter eyeshadow, the countless cold shoulder tops.  I think Greg is really handsome and all the kids take after him.  But then again, Jackie has hair that's too big for her so maybe Jeanette doesn't know any better.

Loved the girls slumber party.  The face masks were adorable.  I love JoJo, she's so cute. 

• Love 10
On 2/13/2019 at 1:34 AM, sATL said:

The twins.. Luci and Dezi here.. with the bickering..

when one said he didn't have anyone to talk to b/c of Jazz's surgery and the mom was stressing - made me wonder about him not trying to go to his dad. Yes - Greg was working but it very sad that the twin didn't at least try to talk to dad.  And its said that Dad didn't make it a point to sit down and spend quality time with both twins as he was well aware of what was going on between them. 

And now they are back in the same room. Do they even share the same dorm room at college ?

Aside from the growing pains the young men are experiencing - I do hope those 3 older ones make better plans for next summer. Sounds like this one was a bust, w/o taking into consideration family surgeries. Find an internship (paid or unpaid) somewhere, go on a mission trip, stay at school with a off-campus buddy - something. 

Ari did graduate college, right or does she have another year ? I'm trying to understand did she move back just for the summer or until she finds a job in her field ?

No air... cat has fleas.... in FL ??  Ick.

Jazz waiting for marriage for sex ? Whose taking bets ?

if they didn't let the cats outside, it wouldn't have fleas.(unless they have flea carrying rodents) not to mention being killed in numerous ways. obviously they have money, get the damn a/c fixed. it's like not having heat in minnestota.

• Love 3
On 2/13/2019 at 2:34 AM, maggiegil said:

i didn't notice the shallowness of the pool. i did notice none of jazz's friends went in. and  of course the teenage girl (?) whose entire ass was on display in her bikini. i guess i'm old. we wore tiny bikinis as , even younger , teens but we had a little modesty. of course anything goes these day. unfortunately sometimes.

23 hours ago, Twopper said:

Thanks, that makes more sense.  I just heard he met her at the convention;  I was probably checking the cat for fleas when she mentioned meeting online first.  I still want an explanation of why they ended up at the convention after Dr T said "no."  Did he change his mind or did Jeanette just decide to go anyway?  Or did Jazz pressure Jeanette?  I can't remember if Greg was there for the discussion about the convention.   

Maybe I have answered my own question.  Jazz met Ahmir online, and wanted to meet him.  He lives in Philly, and her convention is in Philly.   So Jazz is determined to go to Philly, and Jeanette was already determined to go.   So that is how they ended up in Philly.  Even if Greg objected, he was outnumbered.   I wonder if the trip had any effect on her healing.

I think the lingerie was in the promo for an upcoming episode.  Everything I see in the hour show sticks into my mind as one show;  when it is over I can't remember what was promo and what was in the show.

I am glad for Jazz about being valedictorian.  I guess I was confused as it seemed she had dropped out of her regular school and was doing the online stuff just to make sure she graduated on time. 

I apologize for the faulty quoting and any spelling and/or grammar errors as I have not yet had my caffeine this morning.

i was wondering the whole show where the cat was they couldn't find in the beginning of the episode. i thought for sure there was going to be a bad outcome since they let them loose to fight off the alligators. is it just me or is it really trying to post a reply here. first i hit the " by mistake then i hit the right " and it takes me to a page where i can't reply. then i go back and it takes me to the first post so i have to find the post i wanted to reply to and try again. hey how about a REPLY icon> 

11 hours ago, DNR said:

Omg Jeannette really does not stop whining . She wants a medal for what mom’s do everyday ( whether they’re single or spouse working) 

“ the one i go to & cry to wasn’t there”..... uh, that’s what your $1000 iPhone is for 🥴

Greg is very aware of what he wants on air , with Jeanette & Jazz it’s just a big unfiltered TMI free for all 

the man has to work. does he own his own law firm where he can take off whenever he wants? does he have clients to see? i don't know exactly what kind of lawyering he does...but you want that beautiful home? you don't work. he has to. jazz did not need you to be home 24/7 because she is transgender. she is not physically or mentally disabled where you sacrificed being her caretaker. so the only breadwinner needs to make some bread so you can live a glorious lifestyle some of us would die for. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I can't take her at all.  She must have grown up as such a spoiled doctors daughter.  She hasn't a clue about real struggles.  The surgery Jazz had was major.  But she's got the mommy martyr syndrome and plays it to death.  "Now Jazz may have to have another surgery.  It's not fairrrrrr".  But this was known from the beginning.  I'm a single mom with no family anywhere close and I had to put my son through 2 major surgeries (he was born with bilateral clubfoot).  I had to balance that, 2 kids, a full time 9-5, making sure I didn't miss any extra days that weren't vacation because rent and bills are due.  So I have no patience for poor Jeanette.   

Amen!  If she ever had to go out and actually earn a living,  she would shrivel up and die.  I thought it interesting to that within three weeks of coming back from New York,  she took Jazz to Philadelphia. Anything could’ve gone wrong at that point.

The other thing that struck me is that, when her oldest daughter and her twins went to college she was boo-hooing  because they were out of the house.  It was all about her broken heart and empty nest. Now they’re all home, she’s bitching about that. Sleeping with her husband and taking care of her kids IS her job.  She needs a put on her big girl panties and get on with it.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, princelina said:

I am sure you are right.  I wish her sister would sit her down and explain a few things - probably would carry more weight than coming from her silly parents.

and her brothers should sit down with Jazz and have a "talk" ... The one who has a steady girlfriend  will have a different perspective, but just as important , as the twin who doesn't have a steady girlfriend.

with the 3 older siblings who went away for college, I am sure they have heard and witnessed stories - good and bad - about sex and relationships. 

Which is another point - as a older brothers - don't they want to "put the fear of ___ " in this mysterious new man - just to let him know that they are watching closely the situation ? 

The twins' girlfriend who missed the pool party - was stated to be at a sorority recruitment function. I didn't know sororities recruit during the summer- I thought it was a school year activity.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sATL said:

and her brothers should sit down with Jazz and have a "talk" ... The one who has a steady girlfriend  will have a different perspective, but just as important , as the twin who doesn't have a steady girlfriend.

with the 3 older siblings who went away for college, I am sure they have heard and witnessed stories - good and bad - about sex and relationships. 

Which is another point - as a older brothers - don't they want to "put the fear of ___ " in this mysterious new man - just to let him know that they are watching closely the situation ? 

The twins' girlfriend who missed the pool party - was stated to be at a sorority recruitment function. I didn't know sororities recruit during the summer- I thought it was a school year activity.

Different schools do different things, but a lot do sorority rush in August before school even starts, so the college girls have to go earlier to plan for it.  (It's a great introduction to college for those who show up to rush and don't get into a sorority!  Welcome to school ladies!  No one wants you in their group!  Enjoy your next 4 years!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

When Jazz was going on and on about "Your girl's gotta a boyfriend!" BS, I seem to remember that Ari was giving serious concerned side-eye, did anyone else see that? I honestly feel for those other three siblings. No wonder Griffin became so immersed in his girlfriend relationship, she's the first person he can be with who is all about HIM and not about Jazz. He doesn't have to share any time with Jazz in this new relationship, it's just the two of them, something he's never had before. Even with Sander, they're always dealing with Jazz's bullshit. Just one, it would be nice to hear Jazz express thanks to her siblings for all they've put up with and lost in terms of their lesser face time with Mom. Not that it matters because she seems like a lunatic with very poor judgement, and I'm guessing Dad is always there for the other 3 but still...it's gotta be a huge relief to finally have a relationship that isn't about Jazz.

• Love 15