Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Big Girls Don't Cry

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, readheaded said:

What drives me crazy is that there's apparently no thought in Buddy's head that maybe he should get his own act together before getting into a serious relationship, especially with a child involved.  If he were committed to making a decent life for himself, it probably wouldn't take him all that long.  But, by introducing a life-partner and her child into the equation, it'll be that much more difficult to get ahead and stay ahead.  

This is more on Chelsea, unless she's been hired as an actress, because she's supposedly sober/clean and is the on with the child.
What a shitfest.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Wait - is she also in recovery? Or is she not an addict?

I didn't think she was an addict.  I thought she was the adult in the relationship, but certainly made crappy choices.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, auntjess said:

This is more on Chelsea, unless she's been hired as an actress, because she's supposedly sober/clean and is the on with the child.
What a shitfest.

Totally agree. In the scene where Buddy and Chelsea return to find the RV "vandalized" her facial expressions and body language speaks volumes. You can practically see the wheels turning that she wants out and doesn't know how to break it off with him. Quit the purported new job and get on a bus out of Greensboro ASAP.

I just watched an episode of Vanderpump Rules and despite the fact this show is far more wholesome and there is virtually no redeeming qualities to any cast member on VR, I still find Whit more annoying. 

• Love 4
On 2/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, SevenCostanza said:

This show is more abut Buddy now than BGDC.    I loved when Todd put the icing in Twit's face, I could watch that over and over.  

I think that must have been especially horrible for her because we all know how much she doesn’t really like cake.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, readheaded said:

What drives me crazy is that there's apparently no thought in Buddy's head that maybe he should get his own act together before getting into a serious relationship, especially with a child involved.  If he were committed to making a decent life for himself, it probably wouldn't take him all that long.  But, by introducing a life-partner and her child into the equation, it'll be that much more difficult to get ahead and stay ahead.  

That sounds adorable!  Babies are the best.  🙂 

The only time we've seen Buddy address at all if it's wise for him to be in a serious relationship now is in relation to HIMSELF.  How will it affect HIS sobriety?  HE feels like a loser for not being able to provide. Yada yada yada.  I have heard Buddy express NO concern about whether this is a good situation for Chelsea and Audrey. 

I understand that it's normal to be self focused in the aftermath of an addiction, and that seems to be one of many reasons that people new to sobriety should not be in serious relationships!!!  Unfortunately, Buddy has been hanging out with Whitney so long he apparently thinks he's a very special snowflake, just like she is.  There are rules for a reason, however, and if you don't think they apply to you, you are in for a rude awakening. Because, news flash, you are not a special snowflake, you are not the exception. You are just like every other addict, Buddy.

And add me to those who completely fail to understand what girls see in Buddy.  Having been a practicing attorney for 10 years by the time I was Buddy's age, I can't even begin to imagine what I would have in common with him.  But, I guess if you take a group of 30-somethings who can barely function independently in society, Buddy fits right in... and even looks like a good catch??  Bottom line is none of the people on this show would be on this show if they consistently made good life choices, so sadly, it's probably useless to expect anything more from them other than choices that perpetuate their current self-image, etc.

• Love 17
16 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I think that must have been especially horrible for her because we all know how much she doesn’t really like cake.

I was thinking about this, and I figured out that Sweatney doesn't like cake in cake form because it's mostly cake with a little frosting. Cupcakes, OTOH, are very little cake under a MOUNTAIN of fat and sugar (better known as buttercream.) 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I was thinking about this, and I figured out that Sweatney doesn't like cake in cake form because it's mostly cake with a little frosting. Cupcakes, OTOH, are very little cake under a MOUNTAIN of fat and sugar (better known as buttercream.) 

This is an excellent point. Personally, I like the portability of a cupcake, but I find the frosting to cake ratio off as opposed to a regular slice of cake so I personally prefer cake slices. But, I willingly admit I love cake.

My SO’s brother claims he once was in an office where a woman brought a can of frosting for lunch. Took it out of her bag and started eating the frosting with a spoon. I’ve always found this story slightly dubious because I can’t imagine someone doing this in public, but, thinking about Twit, I now see it as a possibility (for the record, this office was not in NC so I don’t think it was Twit).

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

My SO’s brother claims he once was in an office where a woman brought a can of frosting for lunch. Took it out of her bag and started eating the frosting with a spoon. 

Maybe she washed out an empty frosting container, refilled it with cottage cheese and ate it at lunch to prank everyone? This also works with an empty bottle of Hershey’s syrup - clean it out, refill with water and enjoy people’s reactions when you sip from it in public.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

This is an excellent point. Personally, I like the portability of a cupcake, but I find the frosting to cake ratio off as opposed to a regular slice of cake so I personally prefer cake slices. But, I willingly admit I love cake.

My SO’s brother claims he once was in an office where a woman brought a can of frosting for lunch. Took it out of her bag and started eating the frosting with a spoon. I’ve always found this story slightly dubious because I can’t imagine someone doing this in public, but, thinking about Twit, I now see it as a possibility (for the record, this office was not in NC so I don’t think it was Twit).

Ick ick ick ick ick!!! The thought of this makes my teeth hurt. I've eaten frosting with a spoon out of desperation (my blood glucose dropped to 35 and it was the only sugar in the house), but it was only 1 tsp full. 

• Love 1

OMG the constant screaming and hollering and exaggerated panting every time she does something in the least bit strenuous, it's driving me insane! Whether it be riding a bike, swimming in the ocean, climbing a rock wall, etc it's always "OH GOD....AHHH...(gasp) OH GOD...AHHHHHHHH! OHHHHHH! (heavy breathing)." Other people can seem to do these things quietly for the most part but she has to make sure everyone within a 10 mile radius knows that SHE'S PUSHING HERSELF!

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, sara1025 said:

OMG the constant screaming and hollering and exaggerated panting every time she does something in the least bit strenuous, it's driving me insane! Whether it be riding a bike, swimming in the ocean, climbing a rock wall, etc it's always "OH GOD....AHHH...(gasp) OH GOD...AHHHHHHHH! OHHHHHH! (heavy breathing)." Other people can seem to do these things quietly for the most part but she has to make sure everyone within a 10 mile radius knows that SHE'S PUSHING HERSELF!

That's because if Twit does something and there's no camera or audience around it doesn't count.   I seriously doubt she ever exercises alone just for herself.

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I worked with another teacher at my school who said one dayy, "I was looking in my cupboards at home for something for lunch and all I found was this container of chocolate frosting,  so that's what I'm having for lunch."  

I really never noticed what she brought for lunch on other days, so no info on eating habits.  

She was a wonderful teacher and a sweet person.  Also, she ran on the track for 30.minutes EVERY DAY at lunch time as well.  So, not like Twit (except for eating the frosting part). 🙂

• Love 2

I rewound the scene where Todd smashed icing on Twit's face several times and watched it with glee. 🤣

If I were trying to give a really unbiased opinion, I suppose I'd have to say they were BOTH wrong to make a scene, and make a one year old's birthday party about them.

But since I am sick to death of Sweatney...I did enjoy it. I can understand from Todd's point of view that this was not really over one thing, but probably him boiling over about the many, many things Twit does to her friends and her unending need to be the center of attention.

Twat-waddle (love that name @TurtlePower!) made the party about herself before the altercation with Todd by waddling in with an ice pack strapped to her knee. 🙄 

If you are in THAT bad of a state from your "fall during your JOG" (yeah right) then make your excuses to the hostess and STAY HOME. This party is about Harper, not you. It did not help Twat-waddle's case that Jessica later told her there was nothing wrong with her. "Sprained knee" my maiden aunt...I've had many a sprain, and the bruising was much worse than that and I could not walk without crutches. I could not have just taped an ice pack to my leg and gone to a party! Todd was angry as soon as he saw that, and I don't blame him. She's a shameless attention whore.

I really do not know who on Earth would want to hang out with this raging narcissist unless, like the Barnacles, they are being paid to do so.

IMO they are not being paid enough. I would get the hell out. But I guess if you are Buddy, and can't even afford a place of your own at age 34, any pay is probably enough.

• Love 13

Why do they insist on filming Whitney doing things she can't? Like hiking, bike riding, rock climbing, etc? I would like to see a show where she does her daily things, and see just what she is capable of at her weight. She can't shave her legs or under arms, can't put her shoes on by herself, and can't reach her butt to wipe it? How much of  a care giver was Donna, and now Tal? Just what is it that she can manage to do, other than drive and eat?

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Why do they insist on filming Whitney doing things she can't? Like hiking, bike riding, rock climbing, etc? I would like to see a show where she does her daily things, and see just what she is capable of at her weight. She can't shave her legs or under arms, can't put her shoes on by herself, and can't reach her butt to wipe it? How much of  a care giver was Donna, and now Tal? Just what is it that she can manage to do, other than drive and eat?

Yes, I wonder if Twit refuses to have some things shown...I don't know, maybe the show doesn't allow her to have a lot of input in that regard, or maybe she would actually show darn near anything for that paycheck! But whatever the case, I agree, it is not interesting to me to watch Twit vastly overestimate her abilities and try to do things that are ridiculous.

I'm also sick and tired of her saying she wants "redemption" for the 8K in Hawaii. Riding a bike in Alaska isn't going to "redeem" her or make anyone forget what a shit show that was.

Making a fool of herself at the rock climbing place was not redeeming, it was a reminder of the many things she can't do. 

She seems to have succeeded in getting them to not film her eating badly, smoking, and slurping down Starbucks. But that doesn't mean we're all gullible enough to believe she is only eating healthy meals and apples (they are constantly showing her eating apples this season...enough already, we all know you don't get to that weight eating apples!)

• Love 13
On 2/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, DNR said:

What kind of mother moves with her child to be with a man with no residence , no employment, no skill or degree, no money, no savings Nothimg except his childhood bedroom in his mommy & daddy’s house. I assume Buddy gets income from TLC but why pull the trigger so fast with someone who has to get MANY ducks in a row for that kind of commitment 

....don't  forget a terrible personality and, oh yeah....in recovery and (supposedly) clean for a very brief time.  I wonder if Chelsea is even for real and not an actress. The entire thing is ludicrous.  First,  it's a big no-no to move your kid away from the kid's dad.  And to move in with recovering addict BF's family?  And who's gonna watch this kid while  mom is working?   Call CPS.

• Love 10
On 2/13/2019 at 1:59 PM, Alapaki said:

The fact we haven’t seen Whitney make a BIGGER deal out of the “vandalism” (given the way we’ve seen her react to everything else in her life) just convinces me even more that it was faked. 

This show may be a crime against humanity. But filing a false police report is a for-real crime and could get and the show in trouble. 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:59 PM, Alapaki said:

The fact we haven’t seen Whitney make a BIGGER deal out of the “vandalism” (given the way we’ve seen her react to everything else in her life) just convinces me even more that it was faked. 

This show may be a crime against humanity. But filing a false police report is a for-real crime and could get and the show in trouble. 

Yes, I agree @Alapaki!! I believe it was faked!  Someone in our thread said that they looked into it and can’t find a police report on file for it! Which is a bigger indicator that it was staged! Like you said, filing a false police report is a crime and that’s why there is no report on file!  It’s both pathetic and wrong to stage vandalism. Also, I worked in the Insurance field for many years and processed many vandalism claims on cars and homes! I’ve never seen vandalism that was done in such a way that it doesn’t damage anything. It didn’t touch the RV, just the picture on the RV.  It didn’t even get on the vents.  The tour was over and they were going to take the picture off of the RV anyway!  What a BIG FAT FABULOUS LOSER! 

One last thought.  Someone had said that you can’t park something like an RV on the street in Greensboro.  Also, Buddy and Chelsea were living in it IN THE DRIVEWAY! So there was NO reason whatsoever for the RV to be parked in the street!! She's such a pig! Nice try Twit! 

• Love 12

Just a few random thoughts
📌 About the vandalized RV, Twit sez: "I have no idea who did it." (If you believe that, I am a Nigerian princess who wants to wire $20 million to you.)
,📌 Talking Head Twit, in the preview for the next episode, sez:" There're constant sex jokes with the two of them [Buddy & Chelsea]. It's really weird." And no doubt painful to hear, given Twit's delicate sensibilities.
📌 At that rag-tag BGDC -- what were there? 6 ppl? -- Twit wears a shirt which she immediately rolls up under her bra to expose her gut. This seems to be her go-to fashion statement. Babs must be so proud.
📌 How can Twit, with a straight face, say that BGDC is "a real business that [Todd and I] have, and I feel that he doesn't understand that." Gee, I wonder why. You have about 6 nonpaying customers for a business that never really existed & you are now too busy cavorting with some Todd-replacement named Ryan who is essentially promoting the same type of business but calling it exercise instead of dance.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Dot said:

How can Twit, with a straight face, say that BGDC is "a real business that [Todd and I] have, and I feel that he doesn't understand that."

Just like she said  that the 3 city tour was their "biggest success ever" 

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4