Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Big Girls Don't Cry

• Start Topic

After an impossible rock wall climb, Whitney is forced to rethink her Alaskan adventure; tensions finally boil over when Todd gives Whitney a mouthful for spreading lies about him quitting BGDC; and Buddy worries that his new girlfriend will leave.

Airs February 12, 2019.

1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.thumb.png.d14ce7112f78f229b68f75c9e21d3312.png

And the last one just makes me want to cry

image.png.270f3e0954bce7b2330f08f90c53aecb.png

Me too, simply because I remember that episode back in season 1, when Whitney was still somewhat likeable. She supposedly hadn't been to the beach in 20 years or so, and was thrilled to find a bathing suit and enjoy frolicking on the beach with her friend, and seemed to be genuinely having fun. Those were the days. I can hardly remember a time when Whitney was actually fun to watch.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

Rock climbing is not for the overweight. You would have pull your own bodyweight. What does she expect? dummy 😐

Like everything else in S-6 so far, the rock-climbing gig was given away about a year ago on Twit's IG page. I don't understand why she does that, year after year. If her life is so fabulous, surely it is in Jan-Apr & Nov/Dec. Why doesn't she show us all her fabulousity during those months instead of showing what's being filmed for MBFFL? 

• Love 9

I must say though, she does really seem to work out really hard.  With all that exertion, she must really consume a lot of calories to maintain her weight, because she does seem to have awesome muscle power for her size. When she's in the zone, she really appears to be focused.  The thing is....it appears that she loses that focus when the workout is over.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I must say though, she does really seem to work out really hard.  With all that exertion, she must really consume a lot of calories to maintain her weight, because she does seem to have awesome muscle power for her size. When she's in the zone, she really appears to be focused.  The thing is....it appears that she loses that focus when the workout is over.  

No. If she were working out really hard, she'd be drenched in sweat. She's barely svitzing.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's not an indication of being "focused" if she's only doing something for a minute or two.

• Love 7

She's just so disgusting and enjoys grossing her poor father out.  Watch out... she's stepping up her workout game LOL.  Rock climbing?  Has this woman ever contributed to society as in volunteering.  Oh I forgot... she's fighting for fat acceptance 

• Love 13

Do you think her stomach is getting in the way of her climbing the wall? I'm serious. She's not trained for this, but I also think that her shape might also hold her back.

She needs to try bike riding.

OK, and hiking up the stone stairs - why not use a walking stick? Many veteran walkers use them; there's no shame it in.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I feel bad for the guy having to hold the end of the rope.  And as Mr. Judgey pointed out, did y’all see that he was anchored to the floor?

I haven't seen the episode yet, but this is typical for climbers with different weights. I used to belay 200+ and was concerned until I learned leverage and anchoring. Now, I'm a novice climber at best, but I struggle to believe that harness is rated to 400 pounds. There's a reason climbers are lean in general, and it's not just because it's good exercise. Naturally this is all for show; I don't think any climbing gym would allow themselves this kind of liability.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Why does Whitney feel the need to do something more challenging than the 8k? Why can't she train for and successfully complete a 5k (comfortably and without whining) as a start?  I'll never understand this woman's lack of basic understanding when it comes to things she thinks she can do. "I'll show you all, I'll do something harder than an 8k!" 

And what was with the "sprained" knee? Glad Jessica called her out on it not being serious. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 21

How am I only just now starting to think it’s kind of odd to install some kind of “wrap” on a RENTED RV?!  I guess I can understand it somewhat but returning it without removing it first? Am I missing something? Lol. I guess I just don’t get how RV rentals work. 🤓 Someone please educate me. 

4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh FFS the spray paint is NOT a hate crime. That is so insulting to real victims of hate crimes. This furthers my belief that this is fake as it furthers the 'fat hate' storyline she has been preaching since day 1 ...look everyone fat hate is REAL...shaking head.

Anyone else catch when Whitney said "I didn't damage" the actual RV? Not "they didn't damage", but "I didn't damage."

If someone else did the spray painting, "they" is generally the word used by victims, not "I" (jus' something you catch when you've been interviewing people for years). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Anyone else catch when Whitney said "I didn't damage" the actual RV? Not "they didn't damage", but "I didn't damage."

If someone else did the spray painting, "they" is generally the word used by victims, not "I" (jus' something you catch when you've been interviewing people for years). 

Rewinds furiously...yep she did say "I" or "it" I can't tell.  Also funny is the fact that she happens to have the same shade of black spray paint in the garage. She also is more upset at being called "fat" rather than "bitch" and is crying because someone reminded her that she is fat. That is rich coming from a proud fat girl. I also just watched a documentary about the KKK so I am a little touchy about the term "hate crime" being thrown around.

Edited to note: I laughed hard when the class reaction to Todd quitting was "what did you do?" 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 2
  • Love 22

I got the feeling Jessica is kind of over listening to Whitney's whining and delusional "challenges". Loved her comment to her as Whit and Babs headed over to the stationary bikes "...the big seat is for you, Whitney". 

For someone who is training 4 times a week, she was pretty out of breath with the warm up. Especially when compared to her 70 year old, post stroke mother!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, aliya said:

Why does she always set these impossible goals? She can go to Alaska and walk around. She doesn't have to do the most strenuous hike/mountain climbing that they have. 

No, B. Being called 'fat,' when you are fat, is not a hate crime. Even if you aren't fat, it's still not a hate crime. As a people, as women, can we just stop being so triggered and victimized by everything that happens to us that we can't function as adults or that we expect other people to solve our problems for us? 

And Buddy - taking your new GF and her child to live with your parents because you don't have a decent job. Shame on you. Work 2 jobs if you're going to do something so stupid as hook up w/a single mom at this point. And GF - take a look around; things aren't going to get any better hanging out at his parents'.

I would have LOVED to have seen the horrified expressions of Buddy's parents when he dropped that little bombshell. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

Whit weighed in at 336 at the gym.  Ashley is going to be as big as Whitney soon if she doesn't watch herself.   

When I saw her from the back, at the park, I thought it was Whit.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but this is typical for climbers with different weights. I used to belay 200+ and was concerned until I learned leverage and anchoring. Now, I'm a novice climber at best, but I struggle to believe that harness is rated to 400 pounds. There's a reason climbers are lean in general, and it's not just because it's good exercise. Naturally this is all for show; I don't think any climbing gym would allow themselves this kind of liability.

Couldn't she, seriously, pull her arm out of its socket?  
And I was expecting several large men to be belaying her.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 2

Holy shit Buddy sounds emotionally abusive.  "Idon't want to be the guy telling her how to dress"...that is called abuse. Tal, as a councillor, should know that.

Todd called it when he said Whit wanted to make the Birthday all about her and that she had no empathy when he hurt his leg. Whit does love cake so why not smash it in her face.

I loved Jessica's reaction to her barely there leg bruise. The ice pack and limping at the party screamed attention whore.

rock climbing is very difficult,not to defend Whit but I would probably do as well as she did 😂

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 10

I've set last week's to record again, but as I recall it, Todd said he was leaving/quitting to do his portfolio or whatever, but followed up with statements that indicated that he'd be back.
Buddy, Chelsea, stay in Illinois.  Run.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Now, I'm a novice climber at best, but I struggle to believe that harness is rated to 400 pounds. There's a reason climbers are lean in general, and it's not just because it's good exercise. Naturally this is all for show; I don't think any climbing gym would allow themselves this kind of liability.

I climb too and even though I don't watch the show anymore, I've been excitedly anticipating this episode. I checked around a little because there is so, so much about climbing that would limit a climber of her size--not just her abilities, but the gear alone, which SAVES YOUR LIFE when you fall, can't support her--that I wanted to see if this was legit.

Climbing ropes aren't really graded by "max weight" because there are more factors than weight that go into stress on a rope during a fall. If I take, say, a giant whipper on lead, it's going to stress my rope a lot more than if I fall while on top-rope. Now let's say I let Whitney top-rope on my rope (which I wouldn't because I love sexy green rope like I love breathing) and she took one small fall. My rope would stop her, most likely, but that'd be it for that rope. I'd have to throw it away and get a new one because the impact force (kN) her fall creates would make the rope basically an old rubber band. And that's to say nothing of the carabiners, the anchors, every piece of life-saving equipment. 

I recall her saying that her harness was custom-made for her, so I can't even guess at its ratings. I can say that all extra weight makes gear wear out exponentially faster, and you can't even call 400 pounds "extra weight." The bottom line is, if she wants to climb, she needs to be prepared to replace her gear often and her rope after EVERY FALL. So really, it's good thing she can't get more than six inches off the ground--she couldn't afford it if she could. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

So Whitney was surprised that rock climbing involved actually . . . climbing up a wall?!?!?!?!

Once again, thank goodness for Todd.

Everyone once in a while the editors give us a quick glimpse into how functionally disabled Whitney really is.  That scene of her waddling into the birthday party?  Ooof!!

And I was not expecting Mattie to have Tal's hairline hiding under that wig!

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

The bottom line is, if she wants to climb, she needs to be prepared to replace her gear often and her rope after EVERY FALL. So really, it's good thing she can't get more than six inches off the ground--she couldn't afford it if she could. 

Like a lot of things on this show, I'm 100% sure this is just for the story. She has to start showing an interest rock climbing so she can tackle something "fabulous" on her Alaska trip. For a reality show it's already too formulaic. She'll drop rock climbing the second the Alaska trip ends, like she did converting to Judaism, or adopting a baby, or any of her other crazy schemes. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, aliya said:

And Buddy - taking your new GF and her child to live with your parents because you don't have a decent job. Shame on you. Work 2 jobs if you're going to do something so stupid as hook up w/a single mom at this point. And GF - take a look around; things aren't going to get any better hanging out at his parents'.

1 hour ago, mybuddyspence said:

I would have LOVED to have seen the horrified expressions of Buddy's parents when he dropped that little bombshell. 

I'm hoping Chelsea's just in it for a paycheck and will have her daughter back home before she misses it.  But if not I will give a little rant about something that has become a pet peeve of mine, which is adult children just moving into their parents' home with a partner and children!  And guess what, Buddy's parents and parents everywhere - you're allowed to say no!  I mean I can see letting your 34 year old son who's just out of rehab stay, with rules and rent payments, to help him get back on his feet, and I can see an out of town "girlfriend" (I won't take that out of quotes until they have actually lived in the same town for a month or two) coming to visit and putting her up for a weekend, but Buddy just announcing that he's moving home, with a "girlfriend" he barely knows and her child?  If I were Mr. and Mrs. Buddy I'd be slapping a big fat NO on that idea.

ETA: And it's so "dangerous" because it's near the bar?  So Chelsea and Child move in, and you may leave them there at your parents' house while you hang out at the bar?  Why not - apparently he left them there to go over to Whit's and film his scene with her and Tal.

Edited by princelina
Further ranting :)
  • Love 18

Yeah, Buddy, you are right. A 34 yr old man having to move in to his parents house with gf and kid in tow because you don't have a penny to your name is pathetic. At least he knows what a loser he is.

Also, why did he keep saying he couldn't go to Alaska because his gf couldn't get time off from her job? Didn't he just get a new job, too? He quit delivering plants to start working night shift at some factory or something like that. Maybe he already quit that job, too. 

The birtday party scene was so badly edited. Whit and Todd are fighting, Todd smashes cake in Whit's face then the scene is over and we hear no more about it. Just another day in Greensboro. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14