Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E17: Patrick Stewart, Ricky Gervais, Regina King, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jack Savoretti

• Start Topic

Graham is joined by Patrick Stewart, starring in fantasy adventure The Kid Who Would Be King, Ricky Gervais, talking about dark new sitcom After Life, actress Regina King, Oscar-nominated for her performance in If Beale Street Could Talk, and Chiwetel Ejiofor, director and star of the inspiring The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. With music from Jack Savoretti, who performs his latest single, Candlelight.

I love it when they have American guests on who are obviously only used to American hosts.  Regina King's reaction to Graham Norton being cheeky to legend Patrick Stewart was hilarious.  She was obviously comfortable though and kept up her end.  Good couch, good episode.  I may go find it on YouTube to get the uncut, uncensored version.

• Love 3

I felt for her when she made the Oscar-blunder but then Graham stepped in and turned it into an irreverent joke like only he can. Now wonder he gets always such stellar couches - he knows how to make people comfortable and how to diffuse awkward moments with grace and humor.

• Love 9

The best group of guests ever!  

They all seemed to like each other and took the ribbing very well.  Little display of egos,  so it was exceptionally enjoyable, thank to Ricky mostly.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was the best joke of the night. I also liked how Ricky was completely amused by it.

I think Ricky’s purpose in life is to laugh. It seems there is nothing better than laughing with other comics.  I  can watch him loose it on a loop. 

• Love 2

In previous threads, people have complained about Ricky Gervais, but I love the guy, especially in this setting.  He just sits there leaning back with his hands on his belly, waiting. 

Like when Ejiofor said he'd missed the Oscar lunch, and Gervais touched him on the arm and said, "I've never missed a lunch."  Yes, that's interrupting and putting the focus on him, but he's so damn good at it.

And his reactions from when Graham first flubbed the line, all the way through Patrick Stewart's seeming epiphany that Jack Savoretti was his neighbor (even though he was actually talking about David Beckham), were priceless.  Gervais saw it spin out of control and loved every second of it.

• Love 6
On 2/23/2019 at 8:18 AM, MissLucas said:

he knows how to make people comfortable and how to diffuse awkward moments with grace and humor.

Yes! I love this man and wish I could pay him lots of money just to hang out with me!😁

Bucket lists are not my thing but going to see him someday IS on my wish list!

• Love 2