Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also wonder if  Sunny and the others are told to play a role on the show. Joy and Whoopie will always be themselves no matter what. I remember NIcole Wallace disappointed the producers for not being a shrill Republican like Megan and got fired.  Jenny McCarthy was told to be the same and she did not do it.  She admitted that on her radio show some time ago.  The show is no longer about 5 women just sharing their thoughts on events. They are now being scripted to play a role or an exaggerated version of themselves.  Barbara Walters may have been annoying, but, she had right ideas about the direction of the show.. I think that the show could be saved if they got rid of Megan and Whoopie. Tara Setmayer could take Megan's spot and Joy could be the moderator. 

I've always thought that they were told to play a role.  I think that's why Nicole Wallace and Michelle Collins had trouble on the show.  Nicole Wallace was an objective GOP panelist instead of another BItsy.. while Michelle Collins was hired to be the wise cracking panelist (only Joy has the ability to balance offering serious views mixed with funny one liners).  I thought both Nicole and Michelle had interesting perspectives, but I guess they didn't fit with what the producers wanted.

I always thought the role of moderator was to introduce the topics without providing their own personal view  (i.e. being objective and keeping everyone on task).  I thought Joy was good as moderator, but I think she knew she had to curtail her true views when in that seat because of keeping track of time, keeping the conversation moving, etc.  I though Paula Faris was a good moderator the few times she had to take the seat when both Whoopi and Joy were not available.  I actually think if Joy/Whoopi ever left the View.. that Abby would make a good moderator because everyone thinks she's boring, offers nothing to the topic, etc... so why not make her the moderator (introducing the topics, keeping everyone focused on the topic, and moving things along).  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I always thought the role of moderator was to introduce the topics without providing their own personal view  (i.e. being objective and keeping everyone on task).  I thought Joy was good as moderator, but I think she knew she had to curtail her true views when in that seat because of keeping track of time, keeping the conversation moving, etc.  I though Paula Faris was a good moderator the few times she had to take the seat when both Whoopi and Joy were not available.  I actually think if Joy/Whoopi ever left the View.. that Abby would make a good moderator because everyone thinks she's boring, offers nothing to the topic, etc... so why not make her the moderator (introducing the topics, keeping everyone focused on the topic, and moving things along).  

I think a moderator in the traditional sense is meant to be objective and defer to the panel for the opinions piece( (ex. moderating a debate). On this show, the moderator is very much part of the conversation but I think the most important rule to follow (and I think Whoopi, Joy, and Paula have all followed this), is that when introducing a topic, they first defer to the table before they add to the conversation. Not everyone gets to speak for every segment - it would be unfair for the moderator to abuse that role by taking that time to immediately jump into their own opinions at the expense of their co-hosts getting to speak.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Oh, I'd settle for dumping Whoopi.  The pace is quicker, no stumbling with reading the monitor and the stupid transitions to commercial.  No babying of Meghan.  I enjoy the panel so much more when there's only four there.

Yes Whoopi has overstayed her welcome. She’s no longer funny because she just uses the same material over and over (breasts on the floor, you-know-who in the Oval Office, slouching in her chair when she isn’t interested in a topic.) No one looks to her as the wise elder because she’s so often uninformed and is predictable with her protection of other celebs and her parenting advice is questionable at best (proof is in the pudding.) 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I've always thought that they were told to play a role.  I think that's why Nicole Wallace and Michelle Collins had trouble on the show.  Nicole Wallace was an objective GOP panelist instead of another BItsy.. while Michelle Collins was hired to be the wise cracking panelist (only Joy has the ability to balance offering serious views mixed with funny one liners).  I thought both Nicole and Michelle had interesting perspectives, but I guess they didn't fit with what the producers wanted.

I loved Nicole and Michelle.  Nicole was too smart for the view and she is killing it on her own show. Michelle was a thirty something single woman navigating life in New York. I liked hearing her experiences in dating.  I thought she had a lot of offer and the show never capitalized on it.. Even Whoopie decried her firing on the show.. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

And moved him right into the front row in a prime Elisabeth viewing/handling spot .  I wonder if My Producer Brian will make it to the front row anytime soon...

And speaking of ol' Sweaty Geddie, when I read the recap this morning from someone who was at the show yesterday and they reported that the producers decided to switch to the topics as chosen by Meghan's husband, who, last I checked, wasn't an employee of The View or ABC (!!!??) I actually wondered to myself if Bill was still working behind the scenes at the show because that sounds like Classic Geddie.  But then I don't really care enough to actually bother to check, so..

Bill is working on Tamron Hall's new show.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, blondiec0332 said:

You don't have it wrong. At least where I'm concerned.    For me this would be like if Katy Perry did a tribute to country music.

Honestly, given her friendship with Kacey Musgraves (side note: I HATE how she got ignored in the Grammy discussion on Monday--she won the all-genre ALBUM OF THE YEAR award, for fuck's sake, despite virtually NO country radio airplay; it's the BIGGEST award of the night, and with all the other women who were mentioned, you would think THAT would warrant a mention, too), and the fact that they have performed together more than once, I actually wouldn't mind that at all (and Katy actually lived in Nashville for awhile as a teenager when she was still singing Contemporary Christian Music). It certainly would have been less jarring than J-Lo's Motown tribute (although--potential backhanded compliment here--it was less bad than I thought it would be, lol).

Side note: any country fans here, please join me in the country thread at PTV's Music forum. #shamelessplug 

• Love 7
On 2/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, Rainyhawk said:

Did anyone think Meghan spent an unusually long time staring at the sex room photo?  She looked at if for a long time as they started, then turned to the table and then went back to looking at the photo.  And then during the discussion she continued to glance back at it.  It was interesting.  

I saw that. But I think it was to keep from having to make eye contact with Joy. MM said her husband had sent the pictures to her. I'm sure they have studied the pics at home. She's not fooling anyone. Those interviews she used to give about how much she enjoys sex! Ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

We will never be free of Whoopi--because Disney LOVES her. And she's prominent in practically every Disney DVD re-release of movies/toons that are considered racist with the caveat that "at that time" that's what it was like, etc. I'm thinking of the Loony Toons Golden Collection, where some of the shorts were absolutely racist.

And ABC is owned by Disney.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 2/11/2019 at 4:04 PM, deirdra said:

Miss "I'M STILL TALKING!!!" can't handle it when Joy say's "let me just finish this" when interrupted mid-sentence.  I enjoyed the silent segment too.  My Producer Brian should create a compilation of MM interrupting others and make her watch it for 15 minutes before every show as an example of what not to do.

I mean, this exists. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I really believe when she said she didn’t know any actors was her attempt to separate herself from the awful left leaning Hollywood.  Yet she’s a Jersey Shore and Erica Kane lover. 

Please do NOT smear the good name of All My Children's Erica Kane by mistaking her for a Real Housewife! 😉 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I mean, this exists. 

Ermahgerd - I only made it about half way through. Gave up when Megass was laying into Joy for making a joke about Melania on Melania's bday (which btw, Joy wasn't making a joke about Melania - anywho). How is this wretched person (Meg) allowed to continue on this show? She brings no value. So annoying.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, UYI said:

Please do NOT smear the good name of All My Children's Erica Kane by mistaking her for a Real Housewife! 😉 

Sorry of course Erica Pat The Pussy Jayne. ( she lists herself as an actress by the way) 

If there was any doubt why Sara left those clips refresh my memory.

Just deleted OT post about MM’s Twitter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I actually think if Joy/Whoopi ever left the View.. that Abby would make a good moderator because everyone thinks she's boring, offers nothing to the topic, etc... so why not make her the moderator (introducing the topics, keeping everyone focused on the topic, and moving things along).  

I was just thinking about a career for Abby today while watching the show.  Apparently she has a real NEED to be on television.  She reads the Teleprompter well and can appear interested and enthusiastic.  She's very pretty.  I think she should be a news anchor...just a "reader," not someone who would give an opinion.  Also, I'd like to know about her "musical theater background."   

• Love 10

If Joy leaves the View, lots of people like me will stop watching (again).

I find it hard to watch Abby's overactive lips that glisten and wiggle like worms avoiding a hook whenever she speaks.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If Joy leaves the View, lots of people like me will stop watching (again).

I find it hard to watch Abby's overactive lips that glisten and wiggle like worms avoiding a hook whenever she speaks.

I would - I stopped watching the last time she left.  Without Joy, there is no show, in my opinion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Metal armor for the slings and arrows she was expecting today because of yesterday's hissy fit?🤔 😁

rps20190212_195032.jpg

My head would be throbbing if I tried to wear my hair like that for any extended period of time. Even if her real hair is pinned back and that braid part is a hair piece.

• Love 7
On 2/9/2019 at 12:23 PM, MMEButterfly said:

While I was listening to B Smith's husband I thought about 3 different friends over recent years who lost a spouse to some form of dementia. In these three cases the spouse finally went to a care facility and fell in love with a fellow patient. The care giver spouse had to live with that reality, and very painful it was. The human heart reaches out under many circumstances. I believe his sharing is a helpful view to a complex relationship situation. Such views have value to us all. 

This has been a part of General Hospital's current Alzheimers storyline. Sonny's father Mike, who has Alzheimers, has been attending a day program and has fallen in love with one of the married residents (who returns his affections). I was surprised that GH has handled that particular plot point in such a nuanced way. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I may be wrong, but I think the reason why Sunny is all 'what's wrong with Jennifer Lopez' is because they are both Puerto Rican, yes? I remember Lopez getting a LOT of Flack when she was cast as Selina (which pretty much put her on the map, music wise--I remember all my radio stations going around sayin' "It's the LATIN EXPLOSION!" in late '99 with her and Ricky Martin's Viva la Vida Loca and him singing at the opening ceremony of the World Cup), when the real Selina was Mexican.

I didn't watch the Grammys. Have not seen today's show, but I get why someone from Motown should be singing the tribute to Motown. And If I've got all of this wrong, just ignore me.

Early on in the segment, they said Sunny is friends with both JLo and her mom. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:11 PM, deirdra said:

EW's DNA test did confirm her family lore of a gr-gr(-gr?) grandmother of Cherokee heritage (with a 10-gene string indicating a recent relative), though she never was part of the culture nor subject to discrimination because of it and should not have written it on her Law card.  She's probably as close to being Pocahontas as JLo is to being a memorable Motown singer.

Warren's Texas Bar application didn't have "Cherokee" on it. It didn't even have "Native American" on it. It is so old, it had "American Indian" on it. 

On 2/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, blondiec0332 said:

NOTE TO ANY FUTURE EMPLOYER OF MEGHAN:  This is the person you would be hiring.  A woman who will have a hissy fit (TM Joy Behar) when she thinks she isn't getting her way or feels slighted in any way. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Ix-nay on the arnings-way, Ondie-blay. If someone else hires Meghan for a different show, the odds are great that it will not be a show I already watch. I would like few things better than  for FOX or CNN to lure her away from The View.

NOTE TO ANY FUTURE EMPLOYER OF MEGHAN: You should hire this *crosses fingers behind back* experienced political analyst, who brings with her the cachet of her family name and experience. Yup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

Ix-nay on the arnings-way, Ondie-blay. If someone else hires Meghan for a different show, the odds are great that it will not be a show I already watch. I would like few things better than  for FOX or CNN to lure her away from The View.

NOTE TO ANY FUTURE EMPLOYER OF MEGHAN: You should hire this *crosses fingers behind back* experienced political analyst, who brings with her the cachet of her family name and experience. Yup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

I see your point but honestly I wish Meghan would just disappear from public view. She is just another example of someone who has failed upwards because of family connections. And keep in mind if she were to get  hired by another media outlet she will be taking a job away from someone who is qualified and deserves that position.

• Love 18

Shut up Abby. Mueller hasn't released his report yet so how do you know people will be "underwhelmed"? 

The show flows sooooo much better without Whoopi. Get well soon but please consider not being a moderator on this show anymore.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

Just to be nice for once - I really like Meggie's sweater.  It's beautiful AND it looks good on her.   Sunny, however, looks like a hot mess in that ill-fitting bright green satin . . . . . "thing".   Abby = blah.  Joy is Joy.  And that's a good thing. :)

• Love 11
  • I feel like a kid and it is 3 snow days in a row without Whoopi.  How great is it that we do not have to hear her going to Elsa okay baby what do you want okay baby we will let you speak.  Oh Baby Oh Baby 
  • When Elsa introduced the 100 year old veteran and I was expecting her to say well my precious dad who passed away x number of days was a veteran and she did not make it about herself and then she had to ruin it by saying her 107 yo grandma is available - Screw you I would not want him to meet your grandmother I want him to be happy and live forever and not have to deal with your ugly personality
  • Ok 6 minutes in and Elsa has to dominate the conversation and interrupt because you are all knowing -- SCREW YOU
  • FU Abby you only say great things about him because of your daddy and your daddy is tied to him because he works for him and who knows what else
  • Can this table not have Elsa and Abby interrupt and talk over everyone
  • OK where is the Joy from Monday who took control of Elsa and reigned her in
  • Elsa tries to dress like she is this wholesome thing with her embrodiered (sp) outfits and make her like June Cleaver but we know better because of the saying you can put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig
  • Love 15

I am happy that Sunny mentioned Queen Latifah, Monie Love and Salt N Pepa in the Carbi B conversation. I notice that Nutmeg is actually happy and smiling when she discusses Cardi B and pop culture. Unlike, the humorless, defensive nasty sour puss she becomes when discussing politics.  

• Love 12

Yeah, Meg, there is a Republican woman who can do your job better than you. Her name is Ana Navarro. 

Maghan has really been subdued since the hissy fit incident. I think she had a good scolding after the show. And I think that may have been the message behind the "no Rep woman can do better" snap. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

In the convo about women in their business, did NutMeg just say "Nobody helped me, coming up!"   WHAT???   Did I hear that correctly???   Hello, Meghan!   Meghan McCain.   Daughter of John McCain.   If I heard her correctly, she is delusional if she thinks she got where she is (wherever the hell that even is) all by herself.   She'd be slinging hash in a Tucson diner if she was left to her own devices.

You left out the big one "I AM John McCain's DAUGHTER!!!!", said while banging fist on the table.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I was just thinking about a career for Abby today while watching the show.  Apparently she has a real NEED to be on television.  She reads the Teleprompter well and can appear interested and enthusiastic.  She's very pretty.  I think she should be a news anchor...just a "reader," not someone who would give an opinion.  Also, I'd like to know about her "musical theater background."   

I do recall when she worked at Fox News, they used to have a panel show (like CNN did) where a group of Trump and non Trump voters got together to discuss their reactions to recent events/actions of Trump and Congress.. and she was the host of it.  She would ask their reactions and they would talk and give their opinion.  It's partly why I think she could be a good moderator.

• Useful 3
18 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I'm not watching today but I did watch Monday and yesterday and I hate to say it but sadly, for some inexplicable reason, it really does appear as though Meghan McCain has all the power and holds all the cards here.  It was evidenced immediately after the hissy fit comment when they came back and switched up the flow of the show and topics for Meghan. 

Then yesterday, when Meghan was given the floor right as the show started to share her 5 minute diatribe about what she thinks is going on politically while the rest of them sat there with their mouths buttoned shut.  They were clearly told to do so.  To let Meghan have the floor, probably because she said and My Producer Brian said that she was treated unfairly the day before. 

I do not know how Joy puts up with this.  Honestly.  I do not get it.  To us, the viewers, the people who put the asses in the seats, JOY IS the show.  She is the matriarch.  The glue that holds this entire piece of shit together.  No Joy, no View.  But for some reason we are unaware of, Meghan McCain has more power than her.  I have different theories as to why but will not go into them as it would be off-topic and too political.

Yes, I posted about that yesterday.   It was unreal.  Meghan was allowed to talk, uninterrupted for quite a long time in the first segment of yesterday's show.  MUCH longer than she ever lets anyone else talk.   NOBODY else said a word until she was done with her speech, and it happened twice.   

If that's what the show is going to become, they will lose viewers quickly. 

(haven't watched today's show yet, I  watch a couple shows each week, at a later time in the day, and sometimes just the hot topics segments)

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I'm not watching today but I did watch Monday and yesterday and I hate to say it but sadly, for some inexplicable reason, it really does appear as though Meghan McCain has all the power and holds all the cards here.  It was evidenced immediately after the hissy fit comment when they came back and switched up the flow of the show and topics for Meghan. 

Then yesterday, when Meghan was given the floor right as the show started to share her 5 minute diatribe about what she thinks is going on politically while the rest of them sat there with their mouths buttoned shut.  They were clearly told to do so.  To let Meghan have the floor, probably because she said and My Producer Brian said that she was treated unfairly the day before. 

I do not know how Joy puts up with this.  Honestly.  I do not get it.  To us, the viewers, the people who put the asses in the seats, JOY IS the show.  She is the matriarch.  The glue that holds this entire piece of shit together.  No Joy, no View.  But for some reason we are unaware of, Meghan McCain has more power than her.  I have different theories as to why but will not go into them as it would be off-topic and too political.

It is disconcerting that this ignorant delusional child is now the lead. It is appalling for me to see Joy and the others being marginalized for this twit.  What is so special about Megan McCain?  

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, I posted about that yesterday.   It was unreal.  Meghan was allowed to talk, uninterrupted for quite a long time in the first segment of yesterday's show.  MUCH longer than she ever lets anyone else talk.   NOBODY else said a word until she was done with her speech, and it happened twice.   

Yes!  And I wanted to go back in the posts and quote you on that to give you credit for saying it but I could not figure out how to do the double quotes in one post with this new forum.  I could barely figure out how to do it before the change.  Sorry tinkerbell! 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes!  And I wanted to go back in the posts and quote you on that to give you credit for saying it but I could not figure out how to do the double quotes in one post with this new forum.  I could barely figure out how to do it before the change.  Sorry tinkerbell! 

No apology necessary!   I was just glad that you also saw what I saw - the day after her hissy-fit, Meghan was treated with kid gloves.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

To let Meghan have the floor, probably because she said and My Producer Brian said that she was treated unfairly the day before. 

And...it looks like "My Producer Brian" is the lead Executive Producer!  You know that saying, "Money talks, bullshit too."   Oops, did I get that wrong?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

She'd be slinging hash in a Tucson diner if she was left to her own devices.

Cornville, population 3300.    That's where her "ranch" is...as opposed to the more toney/tony Sedona.

• Love 5

Alexis2291 asks...

2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Shut up Abby. Mueller hasn't released his report yet so how do you know people will be "underwhelmed"? 

1SimonMom answers...

2 hours ago, 1SimonMom said:

FU Abby you only say great things about him because of your daddy and your daddy is tied to him because he works for him and who knows what else

Daddy also pushes his little girl's career along, so he shares classified info from his palatial residence in Moscow.

• Love 10

Abby was using Trump's tricks of deflection and distortion. The Senate committee found no direct evidence of collusion (so far), but as Sunny pointed out, this doesn't exonerate Trump or the campaign. Direct evidence of the crime of conspiracy is not required. Most conspiracy cases are based on circumstantial or indirect evidence. It's good to have an attorney at the table.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Orillia said:

To quote Meghan , " If there's a bitch who can do this job better than I can , I don't deserve to be sitting here , then bring her in. "

Princess, oh our Princess...you think we really NEED a bitch?  We have one now and We. Are. Not. Happy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is disconcerting that this ignorant delusional child is now the lead. It is appalling for me to see Joy and the others being marginalized for this twit.  What is so special about Megan McCain?  

Don't you know who her father was ?

• LOL 11
  • Love 6