Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby mentioned how high Trump's approval ratings are among Hispanics.

Okay Abby. Let's pretend for a moment that you're right. Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome? 

Again with the surveys of questionable validity.  Rassmussen is largely dismissed as being right leaning. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Now we get to spend 5 hours a week with her Mon-Fri and hear her every thought and emotion on sex dungeons, condoms in schools, wearing makeup to bed, over the top birthday parties, and chickens. 

And those FACES! Those practiced faces!  Disgust ~ Innocence ~ Judgmental ~ Cutsey/Coy (GladysCravits™) ~ Revulsion ~ I Feel Pretty, Oh, so Pretty ~ ...your turn!

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

She may be left with a carton of eggs on her face.

But we'll never hear about it.  She lives in her Ivory Tower of Denial where all wives wear full make-up to bed.

Edited by HaaCHOO
OMG! I couldn't even spell "wear."
  • Love 7
Just now, Ladyrain said:

Wasn't paying close enough to catch it, but was Sunny pontificating about teenagers and marijuana?   She better not get too high and mighty about that, because - no matter how deep in the sand she sticks her head - there's no guarantee that her kids won't at least experiment all that.   She may be left with a carton of eggs on her face.

Sunny was reacting to the topic of legal weed, by saying kids will use it, and people will drive under the influence. 

Sorry, but if that's the criteria, we need to go back to prohibition of alcohol. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I call that CNN Sunny.  I loved CNN Sunny.  Short, concise moments with her in which she would discuss topics that she was educated and an expert in.  Now we get to spend 5 hours a week with her Mon-Fri and hear her every thought and emotion on sex dungeons, condoms in schools, wearing makeup to bed, over the top birthday parties, and chickens.  It's the risk you run with TMI.  That is why I am in the minority of not wanting Ana Navarro to join the show full time.  I don't want to watch CNN Ana meet the same fate as Sunny.

Lol @ "CNN Sunny"! Pretty spot-on. I also enjoyed "CNN Sunny." This self-righteous, somewhat snobby, and prudish version of Sunny gets two thumbs down from me. And she's against the recreational use of marijuana, comparing it to driving under the influence of alcohol? So many studies and statistics about this are out there. No comparison. 

I disagree about Ana of course, lol. I would definitely miss her hilarious political commentary on CNN if she joined 'The View' full-time though.

• Love 6

Finally, a subject I know most about, weed. Cannabis should be legalized for all adult use. Cannabis is an extremely good and safe medicine. It’s also fun and pretty mild compared to almost all ‘fun’ substances. It’s ridiculous that we are so behind in thinking on this. Countless people brag about their drinking, they show pics of what they’re drinking, they brag about how much they’re going to drink later. You can’t drink and walk nor drive and it’s an actual poison to our systems. You have a bit of weed and go on a walk or use it to quell your nausea. Listen to music or stop your seizures. I could write all day about the benefits of all cannabis, including CBD for pain and anxiety (no high at all). It’s a huge pet peeve of mine to think of it as anything but helpful, moreso than most poisonous medicines. Of course it’s not for everyone but we need to just legalize all forms of cannabis, jmo.

• Useful 4
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Did NutMeg just says she doesn't know any child actors??  (snip)  How can this be??????

They've all aged out.  She'll end up with a couple (especially now that she's commented on it).   Just noticed I used "snip" above.  Fitting.

• Love 2
Just now, Ladyrain said:

Wait.   Did NutMeg just says she doesn't know any child actors??   But she knows everybody!   She has friends in whatever line of work the conversation is about.  How can this be??????

I was surprised to hear that, too - and then, she even said she doesn't know any actors at all - c'mon - hasn't she said she is friends with at least ONE actor??  (Oh-maybe "reality" TV stars are NOT counted as actors?)

I think Meghan is being very passive-aggressive today.  She is obviously still pissed at the hissy fit comment from Joy, and she is showing it.  She is commenting, but not her usual over the top self - it's obvious in her body language and her facial expressions. 

I wonder if someone had a chat with her yesterday after the show?  🙂 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Wasn't paying close enough to catch it, but was Sunny pontificating about teenagers and marijuana?   She better not get too high and mighty about that, because - no matter how deep in the sand she sticks her head - there's no guarantee that her kids won't at least experiment all that.   She may be left with a carton of eggs on her face.

Yep, you heard correctly. 

I will say that despite all these things we're pointing out about Sunny, I still like and respect her. Meghan, not so much. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

OR...if they've given up on those because they're fruitless.  Maybe that's why she has more than one "producer."   After every "chat," she demands another producer.  Still, I HOPE someone with power gives her a dressing-down now and then.  I know that's too much to ask.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Sunny was reacting to the topic of legal weed, by saying kids will use it, and people will drive under the influence. 

Kids are already using it.   And if it's legal it would be legal for adults.  Not kids.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

And not to sound like a big dork, but for me, it is all about being kind.  Sunny is a kind person.

Thanks for the reminder.  Sunny has been SO ANNOYING lately that I've forgotten her good qualities.  She is especially kind to Meghan when she least deserves it.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

And not to sound like a big dork, but for me, it is all about being kind.  Sunny is a kind person.  

I agree! Sunny still seems like an overall good person who I just happen to find annoying from time to time, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

If you missed it

Joy must've made a face or gestured off camera when Meghan interrupted and then Meghan pitched her hissy fit in response

The thing I found irritating is Joy was reading from the monitor.  This wasn't an off the cuff remark.  Maybe Meghan should have taken up her issue with the producers.  Could you even imagine if she interrupted Whoopi in this situation?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree! Sunny still seems like an overall good person who I just happen to find annoying from time to time, lol.

Sunny is a mixed bag like all of us. She is a kind and good person, unlike, Megan who is a nasty person.  

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Oh, how did I forget THAT?  Really gets on my nerves about Sunny!

Sunny has been married for 20 years and is still insecure when it comes to her husband. Great that you still want to look nice and put forth the effort but makeup in bed is where I draw the line. He’s a physician. He’s seen it all! She openly fawns over Idris Elba. Can you imagine if her hubby was doing the same over an actress!? (Would be even more interesting if it was JLO)

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
22 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think Meghan is being very passive-aggressive today.  She is obviously still pissed at the hissy fit comment from Joy, and she is showing it.  She is commenting, but not her usual over the top self - it's obvious in her body language and her facial expressions. 

Meghan seemed very subdued today. It almost felt like she was medicated. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Re: Elizabeth warren.  It’s important to note that she put Native American on her bar application but ethnicity has nothing to do with bar admittance.  She gained no advantage by doing that.  Bar admittance is only based the bar exam and “moral character” (e.g. no convictions of crimes, plagiarism in law school, etc).  I saw this as simply being proud of what she thought was a Native American heritage fro her family’s history.  My family always said we were Welsh...that’s all I heard growing up.  But when we were able to do genealogy research, turns out we were just plain English.  One always assumes the family lore is right.  

I recently had the DNA test done via Ancestry and my sisters did 23.  We thought we were primarily German and it didn't show up on any of ours.  We are primarily English/Welsh and Swedish.  We too had been told we had NA blood from our Mormon side of the family.  Nada.  I give EW a pass and honestly, after the bs we have heard spewed over the last 2 years this doesn't even rise to the level of caring a tad for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
44 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

PINK!  PINK!  PINK!    I loved when our comments were so well received they turned PINK!  It's still happening, but in case you haven't noticed, it's merely a pink outline...so be on the lookout!  On Page 3 (where I'm typing this), we have Debbie311.  Congrats, Debbie!

Wow, I just noticed that!  Thanks for pointing it out to me!

• Love 5

Decent show today, although still Meghan couldn’t help being an asshole when Joy questioned her un-sourced statistics.

Joy: Amongst?

Meghan: AMONGST VOTERS!!!

Then she had the gall to talk about learning from your elders and treating them with respect. We know that’s a lie considering the way she treats Joy, the oldest person on this show and the longest reigning co-host, every day.

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Oh, I'd settle for dumping Whoopi.  The pace is quicker, no stumbling with reading the monitor and the stupid transitions to commercial.  No babying of Meghan.  I enjoy the panel so much more when there's only four there.

I've always had this theory that the reason Whoopi helped the worst co-hosts this show's ever seen (Raven Symone / Meghan McCain) get hired is because she always wants there to be one co-host there that the viewers will hate more than her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 19

Re Sunny - she wears make-up to bed??  I missed that one.  And why?  So many reasons not to.  For all my life I have been told it is a big no-no.  Plus, wouldn't it get all over the pillow?  And it's dark (I would assume) so who cares?  Even if they "do it" with the lights on, can't she get up and wash her face afterward? 😉 I can imagine what it must look like in the morning, with mascara smeared all over, etc.  Maybe she sleeps on her back and doesn't move?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Decent show today, although still Meghan couldn’t help being an asshole when Joy questioned her un-sourced statistics.

Joy: Amongst?

Meghan: AMONGST VOTERS!!!

Then she had the gall to talk about learning from your elders and treating them with respect. We know that’s a lie considering the way she treats Joy, the oldest person on this show and the longest reigning co-host, every day.

I've always had this theory that the reason Whoopi helped the worst co-hosts this show's ever seen (Raven Symone / Meghan McCain) get hired is because she always wants there to be one co-host there that the viewers will hate more than her.

I also think Whoopie's ego is at play in that she wants to mentor people and play the wise old sage.  She tried it with Sherry and it was a hot mess.  She also wants people to be subservient to her like Megan. Megan is always deferential to Whoopie because she knows that Whoopie is the reason that she has the job.  She will get rude with Whoopie on occasion, but, it is not on the same level as Joy. She must really believe that Joy is powerless and goes after her with such disdain and disrespect.

• Love 18
42 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Sorry, but if that's the criteria, we need to go back to prohibition of alcohol. 

This doesn't surprise me one bit coming from Sunny. When it comes to topics like this, she tends to clutch her pearls and bring an air of naivety that is rather unbecoming of someone who I know is quite intelligent. Legal weed would still be prohibited for minors just the same way alcohol is legal but prohibited for minors...and guess what, plenty still drink underage. You can't bubble wrap your kids or anyone for that matter. Not everyone takes a sip of alcohol and can't stop until they're blackout drunk. Not everyone smokes a joint and thinks 'time to amp it up to the next level'. Some people are predisposed to addicting personality and some people simply like to fit in - either way, the legality of a substance is not going to be what prevents anyone from trying something so long as there's an inkling of curiousity there.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, After7Only said:

I thought the performance started out OK.  However, as it went on, it became a very JLo performance with Motown songs vs a Motown tribute.  The skimpy costume, butt shaking and Salsa dancing is all JLo.   Didn't feel very Motown.  But for me it was a minor annoyance rather than a controversy.   I figured they were saving the star power performances for the Motown 60 taping.   

Combined with the fact that Motown was created because black artists couldn't get record contracts or mainstream radio play.  They chose an artist who has a weak voice, has no connection to the Motown sound, and who has to rely on lip synching.  It makes as much sense as honoring Latin music with a non-Latino.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

So, in reaction to yesterday's hissy fit, today meghan gets to give long speeches on every topic, and nobody is allowed to speak until she has finished.

Well she is a "political analyst", remember?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

I thought she was looking at it so she didn't have to look at her cohosts and to hide her tears. She appeared to wipe her right eye at one point.

That's what I thought she was doing too.

• Love 4

I used to respect the Sunny's legal insights; but she has taken it too far with her personal rigid biases and "it is all about me" sappy, distorted facial expressions. It is cute when my grand-toddler does that but not so much in adults; i.e. the drawn out Elizabeth Warren tantram with Sunny's guilty plea based on an image of a supposed signature on a form? It is so much more complicated then that https://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warrens-native-american-debate-explained-dna-test-2019-1 . Heading into the 2020 election and the Mullier findings the View needs an experienced, professional, legal analyst, host. Someone that understands the depth of accurate details and shares in a simple way, creating understanding without bias. Someone like Maya Wiley former Counsel to the NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio, or Barbara McQuade former U.S. Attorney, or Joyce Vance former U.S. Attorney, or former Federal Prosecutor Mimi Rocah. 

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Meghan seemed very subdued today. It almost felt like she was medicated. 

Or hungover.  Maybe she pounded back shots of JD last night hand over fist to self soothe.  Poor little thing had a tough day at the office. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Re Sunny - she wears make-up to bed??  I missed that one.  And why?  So many reasons not to.  For all my life I have been told it is a big no-no.  Plus, wouldn't it get all over the pillow?  And it's dark (I would assume) so who cares?  Even if they "do it" with the lights on, can't she get up and wash her face afterward? 😉 I can imagine what it must look like in the morning, with mascara smeared all over, etc.  Maybe she sleeps on her back and doesn't move?

I thought it was that she gets up early in the morning, and puts on her makeup, then goes back to bed.  So when her husband wakes up, she looks her best.  I don't recall if she said she STILL does it, or if she did it when they were first married.   Weird, to me, because, as an old married lady, I don't even wear makeup if there's a day that I'm not going anywhere and nobody will see me except my husband.  He teases me about it, because I will put on (a little) makeup to run out to the store, but not to hang out with him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, ClaraF said:

Heading into the 2020 election and the Mullier findings the View needs an experienced, professional, legal analyst, host. Someone that understands the depth of accurate details and shares in a simple way, creating understanding without bias. Someone like Maya Wiley former Counsel to the NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio, or Barbara McQuade former U.S. Attorney, or Joyce Vance former U.S. Attorney, or former Federal Prosecutor Mimi Rocah. 

Also Laura Coates, a black woman, a CNN legal analyst and former federal prosecutor just like Sunny. Also Joey Jackson, lol. All would be great legal minds to have on the show.

I wonder if Sunny lost some of her... Idk... prosecutorial spunk after being on 'The View' for some time now?

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Also Laura Coates, a black woman, a CNN legal analyst and former federal prosecutor just like Sunny. Also Joey Jackson, lol. All would be great legal minds to have on the show.

I wonder if Sunny lost some of her... Idk... prosecutorial spunk after being on 'The View' for some time now?

I also wonder if  Sunny and the others are told to play a role on the show. Joy and Whoopie will always be themselves no matter what. I remember NIcole Wallace disappointed the producers for not being a shrill Republican like Megan and got fired.  Jenny McCarthy was told to be the same and she did not do it.  She admitted that on her radio show some time ago.  The show is no longer about 5 women just sharing their thoughts on events. They are now being scripted to play a role or an exaggerated version of themselves.  Barbara Walters may have been annoying, but, she had right ideas about the direction of the show.. I think that the show could be saved if they got rid of Megan and Whoopie. Tara Setmayer could take Megan's spot and Joy could be the moderator. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is it possible that Joy has refused a full time moderator role?  There has to be a reason they stick with Whoopi when Joy is clearly much better in that position.

I remember when Rosie left, Joy was offered the moderator role and she turned it down. So, Barbara hired Whoopie.  I think that Barbara wanted the celebrity factor that Rosie brought in her original run. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also wonder if  Sunny and the others are told to play a role on the show. Joy and Whoopie will always be themselves no matter what. I remember NIcole Wallace disappointed the producers for not being a shrill Republican like Megan and got fired.  Jenny McCarthy was told to be the same and she did not do it.  She admitted that on her radio show some time ago.  The show is no longer about 5 women just sharing their thoughts on events. They are now being scripted to play a role or an exaggerated version of themselves.  Barbara Walters may have been annoying, but, she had right ideas about the direction of the show.. I think that the show could be saved if they got rid of Megan and Whoopie. Tara Setmayer could take Megan's spot and Joy could be the moderator. 

Wasn’t original intent of the show to have 5 women who represent 5 diff age demographics? They had a 20- 30- 40- 50-something plus Barbara Walters representing the oldest demo. Then they would throw out a topics and get the opinion of everyone. Then it got all political and the age angle no longer was the point. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Wasn’t original intent of the show to have 5 women who represent 5 diff age demographics? They had a 20- 30- 40- 50-something plus Barbara Walters representing the oldest demo. Then they would throw out a topics and get the opinion of everyone. Then it got all political and the age angle no longer was the point. 

Exactly. Plus, the simmering tension between Rosie and Elizabeth all season long rose to a crescendo with their infamous split screen fight.  Also, Barbara gave Bill Geddie more power..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ClaraF said:

Heading into the 2020 election and the Mullier findings the View needs an experienced, professional, legal analyst, host. Someone that understands the depth of accurate details and shares in a simple way

Like Nicolle Wallace?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Also, Barbara gave Bill Geddie more and power..

And moved him right into the front row in a prime Elisabeth viewing/handling spot .  I wonder if My Producer Brian will make it to the front row anytime soon...

And speaking of ol' Sweaty Geddie, when I read the recap this morning from someone who was at the show yesterday and they reported that the producers decided to switch to the topics as chosen by Meghan's husband, who, last I checked, wasn't an employee of The View or ABC (!!!??) I actually wondered to myself if Bill was still working behind the scenes at the show because that sounds like Classic Geddie.  But then I don't really care enough to actually bother to check, so..

• Love 6

When Joy needs to take the random Moderator role is she less outspoken and erratic? Having to be aware of the schedule etc.,  does it constrict her from saying anything to anyone? That is what I love about Joy's humor, breaking the ice on tough topics and cutting, and sometimes creating, tension at the table. In her way she is a vital constant and continues to deliver.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I was surprised to hear that, too - and then, she even said she doesn't know any actors at all - c'mon - hasn't she said she is friends with at least ONE actor??  (Oh-maybe "reality" TV stars are NOT counted as actors?)

I read here before viewing so I paid extra close attention to NutMeg and she was so very subdued with a rod up her ass( perhaps to keep her from falling over from the weight of every brooch in the wardrobe department ) 

She didn’t instigate a topic and even her grandmother’s birthday had to be brought up by Joy. 

I really believe when she said she didn’t know any actors was her attempt to separate herself from the awful left leaning Hollywood.  Yet she’s a Jersey Shore and Erica Kane lover. It very obvious she is pouting and or has actually Upset  being slammed in the media.  When she said how we should honor the women before us explains the  daily rudeness to Joy. 

Dear Abby in 1902 when I was birthing babies there was a mirror on the ceiling in delivery room pointing right at the action.  Was she confusing the stories  she’s heard about the women’s movement where we all got together and held mirrors up to our lady bits? 

I hope Dr Ruth causes MM to get the vapors. Why after portraying herself as loving sex and saying things like strictly dick does she act so indignant with sex discussions. I guess because her mother-in-law watches. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Punctuation
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12