Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Kody Wants Out

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I find Tony repulsive - and part of that is his personality.  I think Mitch is fairly handsome but it's his attitude that bothers me.   There's been more than one couch session that made my spine tense up when it comes to how he feels about Aspyn.  I DEFINITELY think she is much more into him than visa versa.

I get where you're coming from, but some guys just aren't the gushy type. Aspyn seems lovey-dovey and affectionate, (like me!), and Mitch just seems more low-key. Hopefully he adores her and realizes how lucky he is, even if he isn't outwardly demonstrative in public. Mr. Gothish can be quite the curmudgeon, but I have no doubt that he loves me dearly. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Mitch is too chill for my liking.  The way he demeaned Aspyn by letting it be known that it was she who was the aggressor in the courtship, even if true, was an unchivalrous thing to do.  Plus, I firmly believe he has an agenda re. multiple wives and Aspyn is a fool for not eliciting a firm commitment from him before marriage if she is as against the concept as she claims to be.

To each their own, but I find the facial hair repulsive and he has a middle-aged man's portly figure.  As bad as Tony is, what you see, is what you get, maybe Mitch is uncomfortable in front of cameras, but I get a very sneaky vibe from him.

Well, not all men are chiseled model types. You are right, to each their own. Mr. Gothish reminds me of Grizzly Adams (without the Hollywood grooming!), and that's just fine with me. 

If Mitch turns out to be a creep, I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but so far I think he's ok.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Mitch is too chill for my liking.  The way he demeaned Aspyn by letting it be known that it was she who was the aggressor in the courtship, even if true, was an unchivalrous thing to do.  Plus, I firmly believe he has an agenda re. multiple wives and Aspyn is a fool for not eliciting a firm commitment from him before marriage if she is as against the concept as she claims to be.

To each their own, but I find the facial hair repulsive and he has a middle-aged man's portly figure.  As bad as Tony is, what you see, is what you get, maybe Mitch is uncomfortable in front of cameras, but I get a very sneaky vibe from him.

Same here.  I wonder if subconsciously Aspyn thought her mom & dad would be so pleased that she was marrying a guy with polygamous roots (and maybe aspirations), since they were obviously so displeased with Mykelti's choice of FT, and Aspyn wanted to be a dutiful daughter?  I know, I'm overthinking this!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder if subconsciously Aspyn thought her mom & dad would be so pleased that she was marrying a guy with polygamous roots (and maybe aspirations), since they were obviously so displeased with Mykelti's choice of FT, and Aspyn wanted to be a dutiful daughter?  I know, I'm overthinking this!

I don't believe you are overthinking it at all, I think you hit the nail on the head.  He gives off a closet polygamist vibe and I fear for Aspyn.  Just like the others she latched onto the first male that gave her any attention but got extra points from Kootie because of Mitch's pedigree.  Mitch refusing to give a firm "no" to the question about taking more wives was very telling.

Plus he looks like a giant garden gnome.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't believe you are overthinking it at all, I think you hit the nail on the head.  He gives off a closet polygamist vibe and I fear for Aspyn.  Just like the others she latched onto the first male that gave her any attention but got extra points from Kootie because of Mitch's pedigree.  Mitch refusing to give a firm "no" to the question about taking more wives was very telling.

Plus he looks like a giant garden gnome.

It is interesting that both Maddie & Aspyn reconnected with plyg-adjacent guys they met when they were ~13, thought were cute, and decided to marry. Aspyn was probably feeling like an old maid while her younger sisters Mariah, Maddie & Myketi, and big brother Logan had already paired off, so she contacted Mitch out of the blue and proposed to him.  I had higher hopes for her.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Aspyn is a lovely girl. I thought Mitch was pretty laid back. The thing that bugs me the most is in their talking heads together, how everything that Aspen says has that kind of shy, not-sure-of-herself tone/vibe and as soon as she starts to say it, she looks at Mitch in a questioning looking manner - as if she is asking for his approval. It looks pathetic. Uh, kind of like her mom's pathetic cow-towing to Kootie.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Aspyn is a lovely girl. I thought Mitch was pretty laid back. The thing that bugs me the most is in their talking heads together, how everything that Aspen says has that kind of shy, not-sure-of-herself tone/vibe and as soon as she starts to say it, she looks at Mitch in a questioning looking manner - as if she is asking for his approval. It looks pathetic. Uh, kind of like her mom's pathetic cow-towing to Kootie.

Aspyn does seem a bit unsure of herself, like she is worried about hurting people's feelings or being too selfish. Quite the contrast to her sister Mykelti! 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Just like her mother.

True, but Christine seems to have found her voice. She stands up to people and makes herself heard more than she used to. Hopefully Aspyn will gain more confidence sooner than her mother did.

• Love 5