Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

upset that Lucy was given to a kill shelter and

What?? I didn't know that! I must pay closer attention when I rewatch this episode because I missed the "given to a kill shelter" reference! 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What?? I didn't know that! I must pay closer attention when I rewatch this episode because I missed the "given to a kill shelter" reference! 

Was she dropped off at a kill shelter? I didn’t hear that either ok I checked and NOWHERE did they say it was a kill shelter. They said the shelter scanned the dogs chip and contacted them which means the dog was dumped anonymously which is horrible in itself and they always scan for chips Incase the dog is stolen or lost to their original owners. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Jel said:

I also think it's very possible that The VPDogs guy was just really, personally pissed about it. I mean I am and I don't even work there. I'd bring it up, too!

I think poor Lucy was placed in a "kill" shelter.  The shelter scanned Lucy for a microchip and they contacted VPD.  I think John was pissed because Lucy could have been put down when all Dorito had to do is return Lucy to VPD.  I would be pissed too.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I just have a hard time believing that Dorito took the time to find a new home for the dog.   What I can't figure out is why not just take the puppy back to Vanderpump Dogs?  No one can know if a dog is a good fit for a home until it goes there an lives with the family for a few days.  A small dog is probably not the best choice for small children anyway, because they really don't have a grasp on how to treat a small animal.   I had some kittens about four weeks old back in the day when my little niece came to visit.  She was about three but the first thing she did was try to grab the kitten by the neck to pick it up.  She wasn't being cruel - she just could not differentiate how you treat a live animal with the treatment of a toy.  I imagine Dorit's kids were much the same way.  I do think that a larger dog might have fared better.  I think the staff would have completely understood.  UNLESS - they tried to talk Dorit out of getting a small dog but she was insistent.  

Who was the individual that went in last year and rescued dogs from the Yulin Torture Festival - was that John or someone else?  But he is angry over that.  And like you, so am I.  Dorit trying to play herself as some sort of VICTIM in this is equally infuriating.  Right from the bat, she mischaracterizes what LVP told her.  All she said is that it was being talked about and explained that John told Teddi and that Kyle was also in the shop.  She wanted her to know that SHE had not spoken about it to anyone.  I also took it to mean that if the story got out in the near future, she was not in sole possession of that information; that Teddi and Kyle both knew the story.  As far as I'm concerned, Lisa is under no obligation to muzzle (pun intended) an employee from discussing what Dorit did.  To anyone.  I think Johm is especially upset that Lucy was given to a kill shelter and was only saved because she was microchipped.   So no, he wasn't going to hold back on what she did.   

I may need to go back and watch the episode again - I saw mention here that seemed to indicate that Dorit had obtained TWO dogs from Vanderpump Dogs.  Did she give them BOTH away or does she still have one?  

I have rescue dogs too, and like everyone else who has posted about it, the shelter said if you need to give them up, give them back to us. They explained that to us very clearly. But I also think it's possible that Dorit and PK thought they were doing the right thing (they weren't) when they apparently found some random stranger to take the dog. Or something. But I can buy that they thought what they did was responsible. It wasn't of course, but I can believe that they didn't intentionally try to do something heinous. I think that's what Lisa was saying she thinks too.

(I don't know anything about a second dog, but I sure hope not!)

At the end of the day, does Lisa really need to go out of her way to chess master fifty moves ahead so that people will find out that Dorit and PK gave away a dog, when she can just come right out and say so directly and pretty much everyone will agree that what Dorit did was dumb and irresponsible? I'm not buying what the other ladies are selling.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Jel said:

I have rescue dogs too, and like everyone else who has posted about it, the shelter said if you need to give them up, give them back to us. They explained that to us very clearly. But I also think it's possible that Dorit and PK thought they were doing the right thing (they weren't) when they apparently found some random stranger to take the dog. Or something. But I can buy that they thought what they did was responsible. It wasn't of course, but I can believe that they didn't intentionally try to do something heinous. I think that's what Lisa was saying she thinks too.

(I don't know anything about a second dog, but I sure hope not!)

At the end of the day, does Lisa really need to go out of her way to chess master fifty moves ahead so that people will find out that Dorit and PK gave away a dog, when she can just come right out and say so directly and pretty much everyone will agree that what Dorit did was dumb and irresponsible? I'm not buying what the other ladies are selling.

I only get rescue dogs or shelter dogs.  You can keep the high-strung purebreds.  Rescue animals will love you more than life itself - it's as if they KNOW what their fate would have been without you.  All they want is you to love them back.  

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I just have a hard time believing that Dorito took the time to find a new home for the dog.   What I can't figure out is why not just take the puppy back to Vanderpump Dogs?  No one can know if a dog is a good fit for a home until it goes there an lives with the family for a few days.  A small dog is probably not the best choice for small children anyway, because they really don't have a grasp on how to treat a small animal.   I had some kittens about four weeks old back in the day when my little niece came to visit.  She was about three but the first thing she did was try to grab the kitten by the neck to pick it up.  She wasn't being cruel - she just could not differentiate how you treat a live animal with the treatment of a toy.  I imagine Dorit's kids were much the same way.  I do think that a larger dog might have fared better.  I think the staff would have completely understood.  UNLESS - they tried to talk Dorit out of getting a small dog but she was insistent.  

Who was the individual that went in last year and rescued dogs from the Yulin Torture Festival - was that John or someone else?  But he is angry over that.  And like you, so am I.  Dorit trying to play herself as some sort of VICTIM in this is equally infuriating.  Right from the bat, she mischaracterizes what LVP told her.  All she said is that it was being talked about and explained that John told Teddi and that Kyle was also in the shop.  She wanted her to know that SHE had not spoken about it to anyone.  I also took it to mean that if the story got out in the near future, she was not in sole possession of that information; that Teddi and Kyle both knew the story.  As far as I'm concerned, Lisa is under no obligation to muzzle (pun intended) an employee from discussing what Dorit did.  To anyone.  I think Johm is especially upset that Lucy was given to a kill shelter and was only saved because she was microchipped.   So no, he wasn't going to hold back on what she did.   

I may need to go back and watch the episode again - I saw mention here that seemed to indicate that Dorit had obtained TWO dogs from Vanderpump Dogs.  Did she give them BOTH away or does she still have one?  

The 2 dogs is on me.  It has not been established on the show.  It is on various sites from the web.  I don't know if there were 2 for sure.  There's one story where the dog is called Maddie from 2017.

10 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Also on web, but not sure about show.

• Love 6

Teddy’s son Cruz has some physical and developmental challenges,  if memory serves, so I wouldn’t judge too harshly. 

I heard LVP and her brother had a big argument shortly before his death. I empathize with her and understand how devastating it is to lose a sibling ( lost my brother in law at age 40). However, her lack of sympathy towards Eileen when her sibling died makes me think LVP is an elitist that thinks everything SHE goes through is more important. 

• Love 13

One thing I haven't seen brought up us when Dorit's gross husband was defending rehoming the dog, and honestly I see both sides in that one, and then he said to Lisa something along the lines of, but it's your best friend (best friend was actually used,) you should give her a pass. I did legit laugh out loud. Lisa barely tolerates Dorit.

• Love 21

KFB Alternate theories of the marks

1) PK was drunk  and numb from the cocaine so he missed his inner nostril when he went for his next bump. This scratch mark is from the straw

2) Similar circumstances. In a rush to take as big a hit off the mirror as possible, PK jabbed himself with the Rose Gold Straw

3) Phoenix or Jagger scratched him in a classic Stranger Danger reaction

On a more serious side note: Who gave Bravo this picture of PK and his nose - did he or Dorit post this pic to Instagram or Twitter?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 13
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

1) PK was drunk  and numb from the cocaine so he missed his inner nostril when he went for his next bump. This scratch mark is from the straw

2) Similar circumstances. In a rush to take as big a hit off the mirror as possible, PK jabbed himself with the Rose Gold Straw

On a more serious side note: Who gave Bravo this picture of PK and his nose - did he or Dorit post this pic to Instagram or Twitter?

Probably picked the dog up and when its paws did that "swimmer" motion that they do, it hit his nose.

You're right Dorit - it was a vicious beast.  You're in the clear.  

• Love 12

I don't like Dorit but I don't think she mistreated the dog. She thought she was giving it to a good home and told Lisa about it the next day. Lisa didn't dispute that. 

The person Dorit gave it to was the one dropping it off at the kill shelter, not Dorit. Had Dorit known that was going to happen I think she would have, hoped she would have, got the dog back and give it back to Lisa. Which is what she should have done in the first place.

Lisa, knowing Dorit gave the dog away the day before, should have asked for the dog to be returned to VPD, or contacted the friend who took it offering to take the dog back if there were any issues.

Funny how horrifing it was to have  Kingsley attacking people but when it comes to a puppy nipping/snapping at young children and biting the owner, the jokes abound.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hate to be mean, but, do you think that other kids will ask Dorit's kids, "Where's your mother from?" lol

I'm pretty sure their PARENTS will, if nothing else.

14 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

One thing I haven't seen brought up us when Dorit's gross husband was defending rehoming the dog, and honestly I see both sides in that one, and then he said to Lisa something along the lines of, but it's your best friend (best friend was actually used,) you should give her a pass. I did legit laugh out loud. Lisa barely tolerates Dorit.

I still don't believe these two self-absorbed lazy asses would ever take the time to re-home a dog.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

OMG. And that bitch’s twitter account is shady AF. I love it. #teamLucy

P.S.- I know she’s fixed and not technically a “bitch” but I wanted to continue with the play on words.

I am not not twitter but I might have to sign up now! Love Lucy Lucy! 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Well this is interesting. 

It appears there are TWO Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy Twitter accounts.  Each claiming to be the official account.

We may have to wait for the blue checkmark call to settle this one.  

LVP has one , John has the other.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

What are Dorito and PK saying the dog did to him? That’s not a bite and dogs don’t scratch (like cats) they bite. Are they saying Lucy scratched him? I can see a dog trying to get away, legs in the air desperately trying to ‘run’ and it’s nails accidentally scratching someone...but that’s self defence not an attack. Poor Lucy.

• Love 9

How can LVPD even enforced the $5,000 fine?   Which I am assuming is for not returning dog to LVPD for it to be rehome.

If the dog is chipped, as Lucy is, the shelter has the information it needs to contact the operation that last adopted the dog out. Presumably the place has a contract that states the return terms and is signed by the person who adopted the dog. The person who adopted the dog is in breach of the contract.

What I don't get is that, if Dorit and PK are Lisa's friends, what the hell is so hard about calling Lisa and saying that the dog is not a good fit in their home? No drama, and Lisa would obviously understand that it's best for the dog to come back in that scenario!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Rinna's blog this week is about 75% ad for her clothing line. Le sigh.

It was!  She started out okay, but then was raving over Teddi wearing those pants that she sells on HSN (with the accompanying link). I thought Teddi was wearing an old pair of pajamas!  🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Still trying to figure out why LVP continues a friendship with Dorito and PeeKay - what does she get from that friendship? What does PeeKay have on her? Is it because PeeKay has the "good stuff" nose candy? Is it because he's British? I'm at a loss.  Especially given it's pretty clear his supposed wealth is a sham - or at the very least, not anywhere near what they pretend it is - I would think LVP would have zero flocks to give to those two. Things that make you go hmmm...

I like Kyle's shorter hairstyle. Also like how at Rinna's house gathering - Rinna was wearing Adidas sneakers vs pumps. Makes her more down to earth. I also noticed Kyle's flat sandals when they went to visit LVP dogs... I appreciate those moments - I'm in their age range (closer to Kyle's age vs Rinna) and not for nothing - but no friggen way I'm wearing high heels at home or on a simple outing (like visiting the dog rescue) (ok - honestly - I no longer ever wear heels...over it! ha ha). I even appreciated Erika's more casual attire at Rinna's. Now Dorito's ridiculous outfits... Lawd...

I can totally see LVP igniting the gossip about the dog, sniping from the side like she does. She's a master at it. And speaking of the dog - none of this adds up. I even doubt the fact the dog bit Dorito's kids OR PeeKay. There is some shady shite going on behind this whole thing. It absolutely makes ZERO sense for them to not have reached out to LVP, or to take the dog back to her rescue, that is - if they're such close friends... which loops me back to my first paragraph - why the heck is LVP friends with these morons?

Edited by BodhiGurl
clarified whose adidas shoes I appreciate - lol
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Was she dropped off at a kill shelter? I didn’t hear that either ok I checked and NOWHERE did they say it was a kill shelter. They said the shelter scanned the dogs chip and contacted them which means the dog was dumped anonymously which is horrible in itself and they always scan for chips Incase the dog is stolen or lost to their original owners. 

Which leads me to think that either PK or Dorit left the dog outside the shelter somewhere in the middle of the night.  

• Love 4

I would definitely have liked to see more of the fun stuff. The buying of the Porsches and more of the houses and less of this drama. 

So while I don’t think she is, I can understand why people think Lisa is sneaky. It appears that people think that even though she was saying “oh let’s not talk about the dog situation,” she actually really did want to talk about it and was being fake, am I right? My thing is, if that’s the case then Kyle and Teddy are bigger idiots that I originally thought. Because if I were on camera with someone who I thought was sneaky and underhanded enough to do something like that, and she said “oh let’s not talk about that” my response would be “okay” and I’d move on to the next topic of conversation. I would not let myself be used as a pawn like that, knowing that I’m being filmed. 

So my conclusion is that if Lisa is the sneaky, underhanded person that Kyle and others seem to think she is then either a) Kyle is stupid for falling for the same trick that Lisa has been playing for years or b) Kyle and Teddi wanted the issue to be brought up on camera. 

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

The key to good shade is that only the person you're shading knows it's shade, but everyone else sees the comment as perfectly innocent. "Is that when the affair started" "Oh he hung out with Porsha well I know he likes them young" "Oh Erica can you lend Kyle underwear" To Denise Richards when she was talking about her adopted youngest, "Heh heh could he be" LVP is the queen of shade--that old bitch knows exactly what she's doing. Also, if someone lets themselves appear subordinate to someone else in a group of friends, when they finally stand up for themselves it looks like they're uber sensitive and/or crazy especially if the other friends haven't noticed the shade.

Denise Richards deserves every penny she's getting from Charlie Sheen and a giant "Fuck You" to the misogynists that even bring up her settlement. I think she'll be a great addition to the show

I really want someone to rip Dorit to shreds with all her lies, pretensions and bullshit.

This (bolded) is when LVP started to lose me.  I thought her comments to Eileen were very shady.  She acted all innocent, but I found the comments to be direct and mean, specifically using the word "affair."  LVP acted all innocent, but surely she knew that word was inflammatory.  I was disappointed and began to give LVP the side-eye after this. 

Which is not to say that I'm taking sides in the LVP vs. Kyle arguments.  They are tiresome -- perhaps set up for TV???

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I had to wonder why PeeKay's nose was scratched or bitten or whatever it was. Why would you hold a dog up to your face that way? Especially a dog you haven't earned the respect of just yet? Oh- right!- They're a poseur family probably trying to do a cute "pose" for SM with holding the tiny dog to your chin(s) cliche! ANNOYING, played out trash! And Peekay's face in the photo was classic! Lmaoa! Looks like a little pu**y guy! Was he angling to sue LVPD? Wouldn't shock me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Smacky55 said:

I would definitely have liked to see more of the fun stuff. The buying of the Porsches and more of the houses and less of this drama. 

So while I don’t think she is, I can understand why people think Lisa is sneaky. It appears that people think that even though she was saying “oh let’s not talk about the dog situation,” she actually really did want to talk about it and was being fake, am I right? My thing is, if that’s the case then Kyle and Teddy are bigger idiots that I originally thought. Because if I were on camera with someone who I thought was sneaky and underhanded enough to do something like that, and she said “oh let’s not talk about that” my response would be “okay” and I’d move on to the next topic of conversation. I would not let myself be used as a pawn like that, knowing that I’m being filmed. 

So my conclusion is that if Lisa is the sneaky, underhanded person that Kyle and others seem to think she is then either a) Kyle is stupid for falling for the same trick that Lisa has been playing for years or b) Kyle and Teddi wanted the issue to be brought up on camera. 

John wanted the issue brought up on camera. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

I like Kyle's shorter hairstyle. Also like how at Rinna's house gathering - Rinna was wearing Adidas sneakers vs pumps. Makes her more down to earth. I also noticed Kyle's flat sandals when they went to visit LVP dogs... I appreciate those moments - I'm in their age range (closer to Kyle's age vs Rinna) and not for nothing - but no friggen way I'm wearing high heels at home or on a simple outing (like visiting the dog rescue) (ok - honestly - I no longer ever wear heels...over it! ha ha). I even appreciated Erika's more casual attire at Rinna's. Now Dorito's ridiculous outfits... Lawd...

How about Erika's stilettos with the track suit in her own house?  That to me was worse than Dorit's look at the pool 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, gingerella said:

I’m confuddled...this epi begins wi5h a blow out between Lisa, Ken & Vyle. Then there s a two weeks prior...and so what? What the hell happened to percipitate that blowout? It seemed like we ought to know when the6 did the “Two week’s ago” shit, but no...is it just moi?

The caption said "two months prior", not two weeks. So we are going to see everything that led up to the blow out all season long which I guess was filmed over two months.  As others have posted, it better not be only about doggie gate. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dosodog said:
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Read more  

The 2 dogs is on me.  It has not been established on the show.  It is on various sites from the web.  I don't know if there were 2 for sure.  There's one story where the dog is called Maddie from 2017.

Yup. There were two dogs. Dorit returned the first to Vanderpump Dogs and gave Lucy away. Lisa confirmed it on Twitter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, Giselle said:

John wanted the issue brought up on camera. 

I believe that. I just rewatched it. They were all standing around and he had the dog then Lisa shut down the conversation. Then they all moved to the couches and Teddy said to her daughter “Don’t you recognize her?” and John ran with it

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

What I don't get is that, if Dorit and PK are Lisa's friends, what the hell is so hard about calling Lisa and saying that the dog is not a good fit in their home? No drama, and Lisa would obviously understand that it's best for the dog to come back in that scenario!

Exactly.  I had a friend who adopted a mixed breed puppy at a shelter.  She had three children 5 and under.  For the first few months everything went well with the kids and the puppy, however, as the pup got older they discovered she was part Australian Cattle dog.  This breed has an instinct to round up the sheep and cattle.  Unfortunately, the the dog would try to round up the children and nip/bit them as they were chasing each other.  My friend had to make the decision to bring the dog back to the shelter before someone got seriously hurt.  It was not her, the kids or the dog's fault it just was not the right fit.  The shelter staff were so kind and understanding.  A few months later they helped her adopt 2 puppies. They were loving members of their family for over 15 years.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 9

Ok.  When did anyone on the show say it was a 'kill shelter'?  Lisa said 'shelter' three times.  Dorit said 'shelter' once.  Just sayin...

I get the feeling that Dorit and PK don't understand being dog owners when you have kids.  And there is a transition time for when a pup or dog come into a home.  The pet has to learn the rules and the owners and their children have to learn the rules.  There needs to be supervision and training.  I doubt this happened.  And now we learn there were two dogs???

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Smacky55 said:

I believe LVP is that manipulative AND Kyle is that stupid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't believe Dorit either.  I think I heard that there was also a 5K fine for something in that contract that Dorit signed and did not read but LVP didn't enforce.  I think that is part of her and PK's problem.  They sign shit with no intention of following through which explains the eleventy billion lawsuits against them.  

I really hope this dog storyline isn't dragged out because EVERYONE knows PK and Dorit are poseurs but the show will never acknowledge it.  So we have a phony argument about how or why they did what they did when everybody knows they got the dog to look good to Lisa and take Instagram pictures with their little dog like Kyle, but they don't have the money or discipline to have a dog so they stealthily unloaded it so Lisa wouldn't find out and they wouldn't have to pay a penalty.  It's so disingenous.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  When did anyone on the show say it was a 'kill shelter'?  Lisa said 'shelter' three times.  Dorit said 'shelter' once.  Just sayin...

I don’t think we know if it was a kill shelter and I doubt Dorit and PK know either. But, depending on the area of the country, a shockingly high number of shelters are kill shelters. California has a good number of them and the South has a ton (whereas, some areas of the country, like New England, have barely any). They don’t usually call themselves “kill shelters”- there’s other words like “open admission,” etc. that signal that they will euthanize for space if need be. I’ve seen open admission shelters that euthanize for space within 2-3 days because they’re full and others that keep dogs for years. But, if they get overfilled, they will euthanize. Any shelter that will euthanize for space is technically a kill shelter.

7 hours ago, Giselle said:

Funny how horrifing it was to have  Kingsley attacking people but when it comes to a puppy nipping/snapping at young children and biting the owner, the jokes abound.

This is not remotely like the Kingsley situation. Kyle’s daughter was hospitalized from her injuries and another person required stitches and medical attention. I’m still not even sure Dorit’s kids were bit because I would think she would love to show us pictures of that to gain sympathy. And, if they were bit, none of it was serious enough to warrant medical attention from what we know. Also, looking at PK’s “bite,” I’m not even sure that’s a bite- it looks more like a scratch to me. And it’s certainly not a serious bite if it is one. My dog once, in the eight years I’ve had him, hit me in the face with his paw. He’s a big guy and ended up leaving me with a black eye and a cut on my face. It was an accident that happened because he was excited to see me and he jumped in the bed and pawed me. When I yelled out in pain, he felt horrible. My injury looked far worse than what’s happening on PK’s face and it was a complete accident and my dog is not dangerous. Kingsley is dangerous and Kim (and that horrible trainer she hired) were making the situation worse. There’s a MAJOR difference between a dog who might have some small behavioral issues (and again, I’m not sure Lucy even does) and a dog with a documented history of serious aggression.

7 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I also thought that name was odd and I don't get the "apple juicy" part of the name either.Just name the damn dog Lucy. I'm sure LVP named it...probably after some British  nursery rhyme she liked when she was a child. 

@ShawnaLanne, I heard that too! I thought I was mishearing something, but it was just more ingratiating behavior from the grifters. I’m anxiously looking forward to that scene from the previews where Lisa tells Dorit: “actually, I don’t love you.”

@chenoa333, it might just be Lisa (because she loves to give all her dogs silly names), but rescues and shelters often give silly names to animals up for adoption because there’s some evidence that it actually helps attract adopters. A shelter near where I used to live gave all the dogs preposterous names and it did help bring in adopters. I still remember one was named “Beyoncé Knowles”- not just Beyoncé, but “Beyonce Knowles.” It’s smart marketing and anything that gets more animals adopted is ok by me. 

ETA: Maybe take it with a grain of salt, but the blogs that report on Housewives are claiming that a Bravo source said Lucy absolutely did end up in a kill shelter.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

Also, for the record (is there a PTV record?), I agree with those who think Lisa wanted this brought up on camera (and John was happy to oblige because he was rightfully pissed too). I do just wish Vanderpump would, in the words of the other Lisa, “OWN IT!” and acknowledge she is disgusted with the two of them. Maybe say something like:

”You two are so horribly selfish that you are making it about yourselves instead of about the defenseless animal you put in harm’s way. And you fail to recognize how your mistake could endanger the reputation of my rescue, which could in turn hinder my ability to rescue future dogs. Also, PK, iron your damn shirt and, Dorit, your fashion sucks. Thank you, next.”

Of course, rarely are the RHOBH this candid (and especially not Lisa V.), but I wish they would be.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Somehow she thought that show would make people love her gold-digging, abusive mother?

I was surprised when I saw Kyle's show. From everything I have read about Big Kathy, the portrayal of the sweet, wronged wife who resisted  allowing her children to be the bread winners was the furthest thing from reality I would ever have imagined. No wonder her sisters decided not to be angry with her. The seeming fictionalization of their lives made Big Kathy look like a Saint.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Jel said:

Especially since she did herself take them to task at the lunch wherein Dorit got her hackles all up in a bunch.

• Love 9

Dorit keeps saying they were somehow wronged in this, that they thought they were doing the right thing and they found a lovely home for the dog, but yet they never quite explain who it is that took the dog.  Obviously since it ended badly, she might not want to out the person, but you'd think she'd maybe say "A friend of mine who doesn't have young children and has experience with challenging dogs was interested so we thought it would be a better fit" or, "A neighbor" or "My hair person" or something.  Just a vague "we found a home"  It reminds me of the "Oh! I have the PERFECT spot for this!" that I give my mother in law when I get a gift that I know she spent a ton of time picking out and it exactly her taste and not at all mine.  That spot is generally somewhere in my linen closet, but I like to be vague about that sort of thing.  

As for Kyle, I've never forgotten her failed "Bum Makeover" pilot.  She can try to act like she's the classiest person and above everyone, but, she really is the person who thought that would make good tv.  She's not capable of having empathy for others, she's only worried about getting hers.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Egads! I can see it now...LVP decides to open a second Vanderpets Store and she'll call it JohnJohn. Uniforms are all pink - with all employees sporting pink lip gloss a la Mikey.

At the opening party, I can see Sonja Morgan stumbling in and yelling, “I party with John John! Here’s some Tipsy Dog for you to sell! It’s sparkling wine, but for dogs!”

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

But, depending on the area of the country, a shockingly high number of shelters are kill shelters. 

Including PETA :

Spoiler

Google the evil crap they've pulled  - especially in less affluent neighbourhoods ("Maya" in the quote below is a pet lured off a porch with a biscuit by a PETA employee, and then trapped and killed):

"Former PETA employees note that PETA’s “Community Animal Project” often focuses on poor, immigrant, Spanish-speaking, and possibly undocumented populations, which is precisely the sort of neighborhood from which Maya was stolen. When Maya’s family sued, PETA unsuccessfully tried to defend itself by seeking information as to the family’s immigration status under the implied argument that either people in this country illegally do not deserve dogs or, at the least, stealing and killing their dogs should not be actionable in court. In fact, many of the animals PETA kills are from neighborhoods deemed undesirable by the men and women who — indifferent to the pain they cause families — PETA hires to go into poor neighborhoods of color to round up and kill their animals."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/killing-animals-petas-open-secret_us_59e78243e4b0e60c4aa36711

2 hours ago, smores said:

but yet they never quite explain who it is that took the dog. 

witch.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, film noire said:

Including PETA :

Reveal spoiler

Google the evil crap they've pulled in less aflluent neighbourhoods with kills vans, and even -- in one lawsuit -- stealing a pet and then killing it. 

witch.jpg

Yes, all that shit with PETA is horrific. I’m glad you brought it up- more people need to know about it. No matter how much many of my ideals align with their ideals, I simply can’t support them because of how their shelter is managed (and some other stuff too). Slightly OT, but have you ever read anything by Nathan Winograd? He’s gone after PETA head-on and has some great and effective ideas about how we can truly foster no-kill shelters!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Also, for the record (is there a PTV record?), I agree with those who think Lisa wanted this brought up on camera (and John was happy to oblige because he was rightfully pissed too). I do just wish Vanderpump would, in the words of the other Lisa, “OWN IT!” and acknowledge she is disgusted with the two of them. Maybe say something like:

”You two are so horribly selfish that you are making it about yourselves instead of about the defenseless animal you put in harm’s way. And you fail to recognize how your mistake could endanger the reputation of my rescue, which could in turn hinder my ability to rescue future dogs. Also, PK, iron your damn shirt and, Dorit, your fashion sucks. Thank you, next.”

Of course, rarely are the RHOBH this candid (and especially not Lisa V.), but I wish they would be.

See that’s the crutch of the situation had Lisa just came out and said yes this is what she did and yes i was telling people about it however unintended the end result was and the dog is now with us and we are moving forward EVERYONE would be saying how horrible that was that PK and Dorit treated the dog like that. but Lisa had to be sneaky and try to throw dirt from behind the scenes like she always does getting someone else to attack for her and she got caught red handed really quickly. so it now becomes why is Lisa lying and trying to cover her tracks? Why is she not admitting to getting her “staff” to talk about this to ANYONE that would listen? There is no shame in pointing out when someone did something wrong it becomes shady when you try to hide your involvement in it and now instead of how horrible Dorit and pk are it’s all about Lisa lying. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Still trying to figure out why LVP continues a friendship with Dorito and PeeKay - what does she get from that friendship? What does PeeKay have on her? Is it because PeeKay has the "good stuff" nose candy? Is it because he's British? I'm at a loss.  Especially given it's pretty clear his supposed wealth is a sham - or at the very least, not anywhere near what they pretend it is - I would think LVP would have zero flocks to give to those two. Things that make you go hmmm...

OK... They were in London or Ibiza, had a HUGE partaaaay, PK and James mom slept together and LVP + Ken adopted the baby who was conceived that night and known as "Max" ! (of course I'm joking 🤣 but I'm still trying to fing the real link between them 🔎)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3