Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Double Eviction

• Start Topic

On 2/9/2019 at 4:10 AM, Nashville said:

SO good to see y’all again.  This latest downtime was a clear and distinct demonstration (to me, anyway) of how much more entertaining this forum is than the actual show.

Why was Lolo struggling so hard with who to nominate?  I thought the obvious choice for her was Tom and Dina.   Is she trying to work jury votes?

Helifino - but I knew Lulu was going to nom Tom and Kandi about 5 minutes before she did, apparently.  Sheesh.  And the Oscar for Worst Supporting Actress goes to....

Tamar’s on my shit list so bad, she might as well wrap herself in Charmin and flush it - the perfect portrait of a sore winner and a classless ass.

Say what you will about Tom, but he was the only one who appeared inclined to treat this game LIKE A GAME.  His particular brand of Canada Dry humor isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, obviously, but the OTT demonization demonstrations got tiresome a while back - and left to his own devices, Tom certainly turned in the most effective HoH reign of this season with his breakup of the inseparable Lolo/Natalie pair.  Tom has my vote for AFHG.

Kandi has slipped quite a few rungs down the ladder in my estimation, with her huffy offense at Tom for his simple attempt to run ALL options with her. Helluva alliance mate, that.

Ricky bores the everlovin’ fuck outta me.  Nuff said.

Guess I’m down to rooting for Victoria -er- Dina.  Good gawd.

Side note - not a raging fan of this new format:

• Giving the block ads 1/3 of the page width really quashes the readability IMHO.
  • WTF happened to Multiquotes...?  😞

ETA: Well, hell - there they are.  Weren’t there ten minutes ago, when I could’ve used them.... 😉

Or are they...?

Without meaning to do so (and I do same on Facebook) I read the post first and then if it resonates with me, scroll back up to see who posted it and almost always here on PVT, I scroll up and it's you, Nashville.  : )  I could not agree with almost everything you said more!  That choking cicada laugh of Tamar's and that classless dance as Tom left just make me hate her even more. What a vile self-absorbed person she is.  And also, like many, not really caring for anyone who is left, I am disturbed that Kandi and Dina are the least offensive wins of the season to me. But even more than I hate to root for these two, I would hate HATE hate for LoLo, Ricky or Tamar to win.

• Love 5
On 2/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Tamar is the worst. Seriously, what a prick.

I was thinking more of rhymes with stunt.....when she did her hallelujah dance, I was through with the bitch.

At this point I wouldn't mind a Ricky, Dina hell even Kandi win.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:49 AM, Wandering Snark said:

This is because they can't get any "young" "celebrities" to play I think... but I'd always encourage having a wider disparity of ages, but the problem there I think is that most people can't take a whole summer off to do a tv show unless they are young or retired. Would be much more interesting I think.

I keep telling my husband that they ought to do an all older BB and they gang up on the youngsters and boot them out.  haha.  All the comps would be intellect based.  HA!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/9/2019 at 9:37 AM, mojoween said:

Tamar doesn’t care that you’re all business, Tom.  She wants the cash for her kid.

What does it say about CBB that the contestants aren't playing for charity, as is the norm for a celebrity version of a competitive reality or game show?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I mean, what is the precedent? 'Celebrity Apprentice?'

Most gameshows that involve celebs winning money they are playing for a charity. Not that BB is a game show but there is a lot of cases where mostly celebs = charity money.

I found it curious the first time around but hadn't thought of it much yet this season really. I think I mind more the 'appearance fee' that many players have been given just to be here. THAT money should go to a charity and let them face off for the prize money.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, green said:

One of many reasons Tom is now thankfully out the door is he failed BB 101 and made every move and vote about HIM and made it clear to everyone it was ALL about HIM.  That the others only existed to fulfill his desires.  He tried to be an absolute dictator and not be in an equal alliance with anyone. 

I feel like we watched 2 different shows this season, which is so weird because you and I are almost always in sync with who we like and dislike on Big Brother lol.  I honestly don't recall seeing Tom act like this evil asshole dictator at all.  Like, not once, all season.  He was always seen discussing things with his alliance, he was always reiterating that it was just a game, he was always respectful.  I'm just...confused.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, mikewho said:

Actually, I don't mind that the 'celebrities' are playing for the money themselves. Playing for charity would be too PC for me.

I mean, what is the precedent? 'Celebrity Apprentice?'

2 different Tv shows.

Celebrity Apprentice is a Charity Game in itself.  Completely different from CBB. All their comps is to raise money for charity. CA show and sponsors  matched a lot of those winnings, too.

CBB would have to be redone to allow comps for charity donations....not just from the players but also CBS...sponsors, etc.

Also, CA cast is not sequestered.  It is very hectic for them. They work on CA and all their personal work. CA is also in NYC, so all their work has to be moved, etc.

When Teresa Giudice did CA, she went home every day to Jersey.  Did all her books signings, appearances, etc.  Then showed up to work on CA every morning. 

I think it is more than Ok for celebrities to work for their own money. Not everything has to be for charity.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I feel like we watched 2 different shows this season, which is so weird because you and I are almost always in sync with who we like and dislike on Big Brother lol.  I honestly don't recall seeing Tom act like this evil asshole dictator at all.  Like, not once, all season.  He was always seen discussing things with his alliance, he was always reiterating that it was just a game, he was always respectful.  I'm just...confused.

Same here, Rachel....

WHEN did Tom bully?  And who doesn't get a bit of HOH-itis whenever they win a competition?  Even though he didn't like Natalie Eva Marie Shamalamadingdong, he at least was willing to hug the heiffa but she was the one that stuck out her hand.  As for Tamar, he did try to give her a hug but she was too busy doing her shuckin' dance.  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

2 different Tv shows.

Celebrity Apprentice is a Charity Game in itself.  Completely different from CBB. All their comps is to raise money for charity. CA show and sponsors  matched a lot of those winnings, too.

Celebrity Survivor then? Amongst more traditional game shows you've had Family Feud, Weakest Link, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Celebrity competitions where the money went to the contestants have typically been spoofs on MTV and VH1, like I Love Money.

• Love 1

Exactly. Even from the beginning of this season, people were laughing at the fact that these were all Z-list celebrities and even how they didn't even know most of them. They should play for the money. It's not like we're talking about mega-rich stars.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Celebrity Survivor then? Amongst more traditional game shows you've had Family Feud, Weakest Link, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Celebrity competitions where the money went to the contestants have typically been spoofs on MTV and VH1, like I Love Money.

I have never watch Survivor.  Let’s just say there are two types of celebrity shows.  One for salary and another to raise money and awareness for charity. 

We should not bash celebrities for their choice. Everyone has a right to make their own coin.

These TV networks are ridiculously wealthy.  These celebs are a tiny fish in the ocean.  You make the call.

There has been rumors that CA makes contestants choose certain charities.  Teresa Giudice said Trump picked the charity for her. (CA didn’t want her to choose for herself).

The entire Dina Lohan money problem story is well known.  Dina, Michael, and Lindsay all have (had) bad drug problems.  This led to the Hollywood fast life and irresponsible big spending.  

Also, lucrative jobs and opportunities for the Lohans dried up because their drug habits was affecting their work. (No shows, arrests, bad press, etc).

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

These TV networks are ridiculously wealthy.  These celebs are a tiny fish in the ocean.  You make the call.

There has been rumors that CA makes contestants choose certain charities.  Teresa Giudice said Trump picked the charity for her. (CA didn’t want her to choose for herself).

There's no reason the show couldn't give prizes to both the celeb and a charity. I vaguely recall a Celebrity show doing that some years ago, but I don't recall which one.

I can't blame CA for wanting to be more careful after the almost-embarrassment of HollyRod.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Same here, Rachel....

WHEN did Tom bully?  And who doesn't get a bit of HOH-itis whenever they win a competition?  Even though he didn't like Natalie Eva Marie Shamalamadingdong, he at least was willing to hug the heiffa but she was the one that stuck out her hand.  As for Tamar, he did try to give her a hug but she was too busy doing her shuckin' dance.  

While @green and I have had wildly divergent opinions on the nature of Tom’s gameplay this CBB season, I think the world is big enough to allow for more than one. 😉

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

While @green and I have had wildly divergent opinions on the nature of Tom’s gameplay this CBB season, I think the world is big enough to allow for more than one. 😉

True dat....but damn, its not like he was Paul ffs.  Now he was a bullying asshole!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

True dat....but damn, its not like he was Paul ffs.  Now he was a bullying asshole!

Hard to argue with THAT.  😄

P. S.: the new auto-conversion of text emojis into emoticons is weirding me out more than a little.... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

P. S.: the new auto-conversion of text emojis into emoticons is weirding me out more than a little.... 

Agreed... as are the huge amount of them available as well as the gifs. They can really change a forum and I'm so used to this being a nice clean format here and fear it will change.

VbSsSfr.gif?format=750w

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

There's no reason the show couldn't give prizes to both the celeb and a charity. I vaguely recall a Celebrity show doing that some years ago, but I don't recall which one.

I can't blame CA for wanting to be more careful after the almost-embarrassment of HollyRod.

CBB is not a charity based show and I like it that way.  Some of those well known charities are nothing but big brands and I don’t want CBB branded.

When Teresa told us......it was more like Trump putting money in his friend’s pocket and of course, publicity.

DWTS is not charity based...is it??  

What is HollyRod?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Yes, that's it. I think they've cleaned up their act since then, but at the time, it was pretty much a sham and its declared purpose wasn't even what Holly was claiming all season, so it would have been embarrassing if she had won. I knew about it since somebody on TWOP passed the word near the end of the season.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Yes, that's it. I think they've cleaned up their act since then, but at the time, it was pretty much a sham and its declared purpose wasn't even what Holly was claiming all season, so it would have been embarrassing if she had won. I knew about it since somebody on TWOP passed the word near the end of the season.

They have cleaned up their Wiki and I found no scandal.

I see your point.  For sure!  You cannot use your own charity. That is a little shady.  It is like paying yourself the prize winnings.

But, perhaps, another player can use it on another season, etc. 

oh, well, no more CA, anyways!

In regards to Tom/Kandi, both of them were well within the rules of the game.  The HoH comes with the power to nominate two people, and a possible replacement third.  The veto holder's power is to take down one nomination and not be the replacement nominee.  That's it.  There is no reason Kandi should have cared at all about who Tom wanted to go home, at least in his role as HoH.  The HoH's preference is disregarded all the time.  What if Tom's preference had been for Tamar to go home?  It doesn't make sense to say a player has to respect who the HoH wants to go home; the player only has to vote for one of the two people chosen by the HoH.  

That said, as the HoH/veto holder, if it didn't look like someone was going to vote the way he wanted them to, it makes sense to try to use his power to manipulate who is on the block in order to get his desired outcome.  It's not bullying to put up Kandi's BFF in the game to assure she votes for whom Tom wants.  It can be smart gameplay to do exactly that.  It's not bullying to use the powers given to you in the game to try to effect a particular outcome, unless you think putting people up on the block is in and of itself is bullying.

I can't see how either of them did anything to bring shame upon their families, lol.

• Love 3