Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I know that, but thought it odd that she said “current” SIL rather than simply saying SIL.

She was clarifying the two girls that were with her.  One being her "future" sister in law and the other being her "current" sister in law.  It sounded weird to me at first too, but then I realized why she said it that way.

• Love 2

Saw the show tonight- Lori has longer hair. Is this the new season??

Cut your hair Lori! It looks SO much better short!

I do love both her and Monty though. Fun team, really know how to take good care of their clientele.

• Love 1

The old short hair, imo, screams "older lady". The short layer cut with highlights (used to call it "frosted"!). Not a huge fan of this longer bob though either. Maybe some loose waves would be better, something in between the old and new styles.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, seasons said:

The old short hair, imo, screams "older lady". The short layer cut with highlights (used to call it "frosted"!). Not a huge fan of this longer bob though either. Maybe some loose waves would be better, something in between the old and new styles.

Personally, I like her new length and style.  The old short version did scream "older lady" to me and while I am older would never be caught wearing that style.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, cameron said:

Personally, I like her new length and style.  The old short version did scream "older lady" to me and while I am older would never be caught wearing that style.

I have a few classmates (we're planning our 50th reunion later this year)...who wear similar 'old' styles...Lori is a few years younger than I....actually, I think she looks great.

• Love 1

I love Lori’s hair! I had the same short haircut for years, but decided to let it grow out a few years ago. It’s shorter than Lori’s is now, but it is so easy to maintain and helps cover some of the wrinkles, lol.

Tonight’s episode was good. I’m glad the bridesmaid who didn’t like anything finally decided to pull up her big girl panties and go with the flow. She was too critical of herself. I thought the final dress looked good on her. The first dress the bride tried on was beautiful, but when she tried it on she looked like she was going to a debutante ball instead of a wedding. I’m glad everyone went along with her on the one she loved.  No doubt, that was her dress.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

I love Lori’s hair! I had the same short haircut for years, but decided to let it grow out a few years ago.

I think she looks good too!  However,  she looks like Robin's twin now with the same hairstyle!

I've noticed several of the clients referring to a sequined dress as 'sequence.'  As in, "I don't want a dress with sequence!"  I had a co-worker who said it that way, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that it's not SEQUENCE!!  It's SEQUINS!!  They're two separate things!!

That and "jack her up" are just two things that drive me nuts!  Okay, rant over.  😉  

• Love 8

Some of you may remember the episode where a bride named Hope married a man named Steve who was in the early stages of ALS (it aired in early 2012). Lori gave her the dress as a gift.

Steve finished his battle with ALS a few days ago. Hope had been his full-time caretaker for many years. 

I didn't even need to hear that the dress for the bride getting married in Scotland was seven years old. That style was *very* in seven to nine years ago. It was too young a style for her, and the white panel they added did not match the colour of the dress at all.

She still liked the dress, so good on her for not getting another dress since she was happy with what she had.  But I do agree with you about the alterations. I thought they could have found a fabric that either matched or coordinated better with the actual shade of the dress.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:22 PM, pieinmyeye said:

I love Lori’s hair! I had the same short haircut for years, but decided to let it grow out a few years ago. It’s shorter than Lori’s is now, but it is so easy to maintain and helps cover some of the wrinkles, lol.

Tonight’s episode was good. I’m glad the bridesmaid who didn’t like anything finally decided to pull up her big girl panties and go with the flow. She was too critical of herself. I thought the final dress looked good on her. The first dress the bride tried on was beautiful, but when she tried it on she looked like she was going to a debutante ball instead of a wedding. I’m glad everyone went along with her on the one she loved.  No doubt, that was her dress.

I think Lori looks terrific, whatever she's done.

Kelly the bridesmaid with the sucking lemons face annoyed the heck out of me.  It is not your wedding, you're one of a dozen bridesmaids, get with the program and at least try to be pleasant about it.  All the pouting she did was unbecoming.  I get that she has issues with her figure, but to go into the appointment expecting to be unhappy and to continually threaten to quit the wedding if she didn't like the dress was childish and unnecessary.  The couple seemed like very nice guys and they were very flexible and reasonable in their expectations for the bridesmaids, so suck it up, Buttercup.

15 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

I didn't even need to hear that the dress for the bride getting married in Scotland was seven years old. That style was *very* in seven to nine years ago. It was too young a style for her, and the white panel they added did not match the colour of the dress at all.

I also thought the alteration of the dress to fit her was poorly done.  I do a little bit of sewing, nothing major, and, as I watched, I kept thinking I could've done it better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I also thought the alteration of the dress to fit her was poorly done.  I do a little bit of sewing, nothing major, and, as I watched, I kept thinking I could've done it better.

Ditto. Especially since in the same episode (or at least on the same night -- it could have been in Canada) we learned that they'd dyed a white veil with tea to make it coordinate with the dress. Let's hope the lighting in the store made the difference more glaring than it actually was.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, doodlebug said:

I think Lori looks terrific, whatever she's done.

Kelly the bridesmaid with the sucking lemons face annoyed the heck out of me.  It is not your wedding, you're one of a dozen bridesmaids, get with the program and at least try to be pleasant about it.  All the pouting she did was unbecoming.  I get that she has issues with her figure, but to go into the appointment expecting to be unhappy and to continually threaten to quit the wedding if she didn't like the dress was childish and unnecessary.  The couple seemed like very nice guys and they were very flexible and reasonable in their expectations for the bridesmaids, so suck it up, Buttercup.

Just saw the ending of the Scotland wedding episode last night and her dress barely covered her boobs.  Really hanging down in front.  Not a good fit or look.

How the very slim MOB in last night's show come up with two overweight daughters so similar in shape and size is beyond me.  Wonder if they were twins.  They need to see Weight Watchers.

Edited by cameron
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, cameron said:

How the very slim MOB in last night's show come up with two overweight daughters so similar in shape and size is beyond me.  Wonder if they were twins.  They need to see Weight Watchers.

It was a very odd looking group, especially when you throw the tiny godmother into the mix.  I also thought the bride and her sister were twins and their voices also sounded the same.  

2 hours ago, cameron said:

Wow, judge much? My mother was very slim and I was fat. I ate too much,  plain and simple. I took the weight off when I was ready to.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cameron said:

Maybe the MOB has an eating disorder and her daughters, having inherited that predisposition from her; have different eating disorders?  That's a pretty harsh judgment, IMO, there is probably more than meets the eye to all of them.

The mother was absolutely right, though, a ballgown definitely was better than a mermaid style on her daughter.  I don't know what the daughter was seeing in the mirror, but she sure didn't see what I saw.  She obviously carries more of her weight in her lower half, and the mermaid made her body look triangular and was not flattering.  I was stunned when she thought it looked great on her.  It didn't.  At all.  The ballgown, on the other hand, balanced her figure and looked very pretty on her.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7

I agree that the ballgown was a much better choice for her. What I noticed was that she said she was 6 feet tall, yet all the gowns she tried still seemed to touch or drag on the floor. In the New York episodes after any tall girl comes in, we see Randy or another Kleinfeld employee telling us in a hushed and concerned voice how finding a gown long enough is going to be a problem. 

• Love 1

The bridesmaid portion of the show was ridiculous.  I was surprised that Lori was so emphatic about going along with the bride's vision (as hideous as it was!)  I thought for sure she'd manage a compromise between the ladies.  I didn't mind the dark blue pants, but the crop top part was terrible!  I hope the fitted tops look better than the one the bridesmaid tried on.  Her boobs were spilling out everywhere!

I liked the way the pink strapless dress (and the same one in a darker color) looked on those 2 bridesmaids.  That would've been more appropriate and flattering on everybody.  

• Love 3

I don't like hearing them all complain about working the bridesmaids section, especially Lori. Sure it must be difficult but that is part of the business. Unprofessional on Lori 's part in particular.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

I don't like hearing them all complain about working the bridesmaids section, especially Lori. Sure it must be difficult but that is part of the business. Unprofessional on Lori 's part in particular.

No matter how awful the clients are, they really do need to refrain from making comments about them.  I wonder if any of these women have an "aha" moment when they see what a pain in the ass they were once it airs.  😉  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1

That romper was horrendous and the crop top was so bad. I would leave the bridal party if I had to wear either.

I really loved the strapless pink and strapless blue dresses though. That style is gorgeous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again: If your heart is set on a specific dress, it would make sense to call the store to see if it's in stock before you go there. Also, hoping that a dress you liked five years ago will be in stock at a major store is ridiculous. A better option would have been a bridal outlet store -- I believe every area has one  (the bride grapevine knows about it and somebody always knows somebody who will tell the bride about it.)

I've decided I like the Canadian show because there's so much less emotional baggage connected to it, and I am also enjoying the bridesmaid section of Lori's store. The "let each one pick her own dress" idea is a little odd, especially two weeks in a row, but it has shown us quite a variety of dresses, and I have enjoyed that. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, rur said:

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again: If your heart is set on a specific dress, it would make sense to call the store to see if it's in stock before you go there. Also, hoping that a dress you liked five years ago will be in stock at a major store is ridiculous.

So true!  And then when you get to said bridal store, if they don't have your dress and you don't want to try to find it on line, then quit whining about it!  Try on other dresses and just maybe you'll find one you like even better.  I'm glad that she found one she loved.  

The Canadian store associates are very mellow!  They don't seem to have a lot of drama.  I do wish they'd do a facelift on that store though.  I find it rather bland looking.  The big mirrors with the gold frame are outdated too.  I want to see more pizzazz in the background!  I love the store in England.  It's aesthetically pleasing to my eyes!

I'm liking the trend of the bridesmaids having different styles of dresses.  I think that works better so that each bridesmaid gets something flattering to her own figure.   It's kind of hard to picture them next to the bride when all we see is the different colors though.  

• Love 2

I can’t believe that any bride would think that a dress she saw 5+ years ago would still be available.  Heck, if you go to any kind of store, you won’t find dresses from 5 years ago.

I really hated the attitude of the bride with the sparkles.  The tailor needed her permission to touch the dress???  Seriously?  She didn’t think that sparkles would fall off when she first tried the dress on?  She sure didn’t seem to mind that her dress was being touched on the wedding day. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I really hated the attitude of the bride with the sparkles.  The tailor needed her permission to touch the dress???  Seriously?  

The tailor was very professional in her response, when she probably wanted to tell the bride to eff off.  I'm sure she's seen much worse from some of these brides.  It was very rude of the bride though.  Also, some of the sparkles are going to come off - gloves or no gloves.  The dress is being touched either way.  

• Love 3

That last bride was a hag. I felt not at all sorry for her that her family couldn't come; with her attitude they were probably happy to stay home.

And the dress was ugly. The skirt was lovely but that top did not flatter her at all.

I was not a fan of the bridesmaid dress with the nipple darts at all. Even if it's correctly fitted for her I think people are going to spend most of the wedding talking about the bridesmaid's nips.

Edited by Ciarrai
  • Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:27 PM, Ciarrai said:

That last bride was a hag. I felt not at all sorry for her that her family couldn't come; with her attitude they were probably happy to stay home.

And the dress was ugly. The skirt was lovely but that top did not flatter her at all.

I was not a fan of the bridesmaid dress with the nipple darts at all. Even if it's correctly fitted for her I think people are going to spend most of the wedding talking about the bridesmaid's nips.

There was something wrong with the way the darts were placed in that dress.  Presumably, it was not a cheap schmatta, whoever designed it should've done a much better job with the bodice.  The fabric was too thick or stiff for that sort of dart placement and there is no amount of tailoring that is going to make it look nice, IMO.

• Love 3

Lori is looking very ... artificial lately. I know she had a bad fall during filming for this season and I was wondering if perhaps they had to do some reconstruction, but there are a bunch of posts between the accident and recently where she looked more herself so I don't think that's it.

My guess is that we are seeing the changes from getting a lot of botox, and fillers, and how the face changes when they wear off.    Nothing is moving on her face in the rerun that I'm watching this afternoon.     

I really don't like the longer hair either, I think it drags her face down.    It looks like the style on the younger, blonde sales lady, and Lori's version isn't as flattering.   I can really see how unflattering Lori's is when she's standing next to the saleslady.   Lori's hair is too severe, and rigid.    She's a very beautiful woman, and her hairstyle isn't enhancing that right now.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Was the episode with the 2 grooms sponsored by Gucci? Monte and one of the consultants both had the same Gucci belt and one of the grooms had Gucci shoes. Are they selling Gucci at Marshall's and TJ Max now? 

The bride who came in looking for a 5 year old dress seems nice enough, but NO ONE carries the same dress for 5 years and you can't tell me she was so stupid to truly think that it would still be there. Although she did say it took her boyfriend 12 years to propose, so maybe she did. 

I couldn't believe the woman that bought a dress for her wedding seven years ago, wedding was cancelled, and she stored the dress at her parents.  (No refunds on wedding dresses).    Then she's going to Scotland for a wedding at a castle, with another fiance, and has the same dress altered for her.     Sounds like a bad idea to me.  

That dress needed so many alterations, and didn't even cover everything it needed to, that it's too bad she didn't sell that one, and find another dress. 

My understanding is that there is a residency requirement in most countries for a legal marriage, so many of the 'weddings' are just for show.   The couple will have to marry somewhere else that they have legal residency, and meet the requirements for a legal wedding.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Wow!  I didn't know that Lori had taken such a bad fall.  That's terrible.  I'm glad she's doing better now.  On a happier note, she sure has a beautiful house.  

Please don't laugh at me, but I didn't see what was so weird about the bride bringing in the blue suit so that she could find the shade of blue she wanted for the bridesmaid dresses.  Well, it was odd on the mannequin, but I think she was just having a little bit of fun.

She had her dress, she had her fiancé's suit,  so now she's picking out the bridesmaid's dresses.  I don't see the problem here, other than the fact that she was so picky about the shade of blue, but if Lori had been there, she would've agreed that they had to find the correct shade of blue, because it is the bride's vision.  They needed to see the dresses up close to the suit so as not to clash!  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Wow!  I didn't know that Lori had taken such a bad fall.  That's terrible.  I'm glad she's doing better now.  On a happier note, she sure has a beautiful house.  

Please don't laugh at me, but I didn't see what was so weird about the bride bringing in the blue suit so that she could find the shade of blue she wanted for the bridesmaid dresses.  Well, it was odd on the mannequin, but I think she was just having a little bit of fun.

She had her dress, she had her fiancé's suit,  so now she's picking out the bridesmaid's dresses.  I don't see the problem here, other than the fact that she was so picky about the shade of blue, but if Lori had been there, she would've agreed that they had to find the correct shade of blue, because it is the bride's vision.  They needed to see the dresses up close to the suit so as not to clash!  

Thought the dress she had the 13 year old attendant was way too old for her.  Looked like an old lady.  Also noticed the poor looking wedding cake after she made such a big production about how her wedding would look like.

Edited by cameron
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I couldn't believe the woman that bought a dress for her wedding seven years ago, wedding was cancelled, and she stored the dress at her parents.  (No refunds on wedding dresses).    Then she's going to Scotland for a wedding at a castle, with another fiance, and has the same dress altered for her.     Sounds like a bad idea to me.  

My wedding had been cancelled two months before my wedding date and the store agreed to hold onto my gown as I had no place to safely store it.  My mom, who had gone shopping for the gown with me, passed away a few months after.  When I became engaged the second time I asked my fiancé if he minded if I wore the same gown because my mom had seen me in it. He had no issue with that and only asked that I wear a different veil, which was not a problem for me.  So there are circumstances under which wearing a previously bought gown is totally appropriate. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

My wedding had been cancelled two months before my wedding date and the store agreed to hold onto my gown as I had no place to safely store it.  My mom, who had gone shopping for the gown with me, passed away a few months after.  When I became engaged the second time I asked my fiancé if he minded if I wore the same gown because my mom had seen me in it. He had no issue with that and only asked that I wear a different veil, which was not a problem for me.  So there are circumstances under which wearing a previously bought gown is totally appropriate. 

I agree - sometimes you know that’s the dress you want as a bride.  That happened to a friend, and when her daughter did get married a few years later they still thought that was the most beautiful gown, and she wore it.

i think the problem in the Scotland wedding was that she did NOT fit into that dress properly anymore no matter what they did to it.  Her cleavage was barely covered and that’s not how it was intended to fit. Too bad they didn’t build up some lace there to help it but I think she was just glad to get into that dress at all.

LOL I had forgotten about the day Scotland wedding until I came here. More than the not great des I had to laugh that she wanted to be married in a castle and clearly they stuck her ceremony in a tiny dingy looking office room.

Definitely not what I was expecting! What a let down

• Love 1
On 4/6/2020 at 3:15 AM, Toodleoo said:

Some of you may remember the episode where a bride named Hope married a man named Steve who was in the early stages of ALS (it aired in early 2012). Lori gave her the dress as a gift.

Steve finished his battle with ALS a few days ago. Hope had been his full-time caretaker for many years. 

I remember that episode...and understand her commitment. My late father-in-law suffered from and died of ALS, such a brutal disease...Lori was most generous and I loved her for that. I cared for my beloved hubby for 9 years during his protracted battle with cancer..

In the first episode of season 9, Katie Williams appeared as a bride.  Sadly, she passed away due to a car accident at the age of 27.  She was the daughter of Hank Williams Jr., and she was mother to two young children.  You can view part of her episode at the beginning of this video.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:31 AM, Josette said:

In the first episode of season 9, Katie Williams appeared as a bride.  Sadly, she passed away due to a car accident at the age of 27.  She was the daughter of Hank Williams Jr., and she was mother to two young children.  You can view part of her episode at the beginning of this video.

That made me just sad all over....