Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Couldn't figure out why the bride who wanted a hi-lo dress didn't call ahead.  That just seemed so ridiculous.  I've been going through this with my daughter and when you call the store they always ask what styles you're interested in.   Then I had to wonder about the SIL from hell - really how much of that was her and how much was producer manipulation.  She was pretty awful and the rest of the group seemed remarkably unsupportive of the bride.  I just wonder what we didn't see, and how much of that the SIL was goaded into saying. 

• Love 1
(edited)
Couldn't figure out why the bride who wanted a hi-lo dress didn't call ahead. 

Lack of common sense. Lack of forethought. Lack of an involved mother with common sense and forethought. Inability (or unwillingness) to do any research ahead of time. Take your pick. I am developing a theory that planing a wedding actually makes women dumber for a brief period of time. Exhibit A: every bride who shows up wanting a red or black dress and is utterly dismayed when there isn't a vast array of styles to choose from.

Then I had to wonder about the SIL from hell - really how much of that was her and how much was producer manipulation.  She was pretty awful and the rest of the group seemed remarkably unsupportive of the bride.  I just wonder what we didn't see, and how much of that the SIL was goaded into saying.

I think they definitely edited the 19 year old to look like a monster. Starting from the get go when she was asked if she was "a sabotager."  Her response "the one and only" didn't fit the question. At the end, when she said "you can wear that dress" it was very clumsily edited as well. Like they had to crowbar that sentence out of context to make it seem like she was grudgingly granting permission to purchase the dress. One thing the producers didn't do was make the bride look like a complete doormat. She did that on her own. I suspect the producers picked up right away that the 19 year old is the only person with a strong personality in a family full of people whose default setting is "go along to get along." And they ran with it as their angle for this particular family.

I did like that the doormat bride chose a relatively modest dress. As always, I appreciate that the show a variety of gowns on this show.

Edited by sleepyjean
(edited)

Lack of common sense. Lack of forethought. Lack of an involved mother with common sense and forethought. Inability (or unwillingness) to do any research ahead of time. Take your pick. I am developing a theory that planing a wedding actually makes women dumber for a brief period of time. Exhibit A: every bride who shows up wanting a red or black dress and is utterly dismayed when there isn't a vast array of styles to choose from.

I think they definitely edited the 19 year old to look like a monster. Starting from the get go when she was asked if she was "a sabotager."  Her response "the one and only" didn't fit the question. At the end, when she said "you can wear that dress" it was very clumsily edited as well. Like they had to crowbar that sentence out of context to make it seem like she was grudgingly granting permission to purchase the dress. One thing the producers didn't do was make the bride look like a complete doormat. She did that on her own. I suspect the producers picked up right away that the 19 year old is the only person with a strong personality in a family full of people whose default setting is "go along to get along." And they ran with it as their angle for this particular family.

The thing is, though, we make excuses for these people, about editing and producer manipulation, and I'm sure that there's a fair amount of that going on. But patch together feisty teenager's commentary in the most positive possible light and assume everything we didn't see was glowing with sisterly support and good feeling, she was still an abrasive jerk during someone else's wedding dress shopping trip. Maybe she didn't want to be there, and maybe dishwater bride is a terrible person off camera who she has every reason to feel hostile towards, and that sucks if it's true, but everyone else in the room was at least paying lip service to becoming one family and little sister was providing fuel for family battles that are going to last for decades. 

Just, rude. And I have to vote with the people who don't know what her mom was thinking, although it wouldn't be the first time a parent has used the kid with the impulse control problems as a spite poodle to bite other peoples' ankles while she smiles serenely. My personal eighteen year old would have spent the rest of the visit waiting in the car.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Miss Hi-lo was ridiculous. My guess is that there are very few hi-low dresses made, much less available to try on in a salon. The fact that she could not envision a dress that was pinned into place because she would only accept one that fit perfectly and was exactly the style she wanted leads me to believe she just wanted to be on TV and wasn't serious about buying a dress. Thank God this was an Atlanta ep, otherwise Pnina would have swooped in and offered to make her a custom hi-lo for the scant price of 10K+

I agree the sister got a bitch edit. BUT, when you go on reality TV, you run that risk. Plus, I have heard stars of reality say that those who complain that they are geting a bad edit are usually the worst, and what you see on TV is typically how they are, even without the edit. 

I finally had to hit this forum to post about the horrid teenage sister in law.  Some of it may have been editing, but she was a stone cold bitch about chasing away her brothers girlfriends and a total cow about the how the dress had to suit her.  Who cares what the bride wants?  Well, in this case, not even the bride, very much.  She was very sheepish in her interviews about not wanting to go against the future sister in law, and really needed to get a spine to go along with the dress.  Bride, you cannot put that spoiled brat's wishes ahead of your own when it comes to your wedding, or you will spend your entire married life dreading every supper at the inlaws.  And, speaking of which, if the mother was too blind to put the smackdown on Miss Teen Opinionated 2014, what the hell is up with the fiancé?  He should be dealing with baby sister's self centeredness, if bride is too wussy to do it herself.

• Love 1
(edited)

Couldn't figure out why the bride who wanted a hi-lo dress didn't call ahead.

You're forgetting the Famewhore Factor.  I think a lot of these folks just think they're the bees' knees and cannot wait to get on TV.  If she'd called ahead, or done some research and had photos with the manufacturer and styles that she was interested in seeing, she might've found out Laurie's doesn't carry much 'hah-lo' and she would've lost her chance to be on TV.

What really grinds my gears is all these chicks who come on this show proclaiming that they have amazing fashion sensibilities and cannot possibly wear a run of the mill dress insisting on something different and cutting edge.  Invariably, they then proceed to show that their definition of 'fashionista' is actually bad taste. Not the same thing at all. Then, they end up choosing the same dang dress that half the brides on these shows pick in every episode.  The twit who bought the designer gown because she was so high fashion and unique and then proceeded to cut the underskirt into a micro mini with a tulle overlay is another great example of style gone wrong.  That's not fashion forward, that's tacky.  If 'hah lo' really has such incredible style requirements, she'd be hiring a seamstress to make a gown to her specifications.  She doesn't want unique, she wants attention-getting.  Big difference.

The other ridiculous notion that so many of these self important dolts seem to possess is that the guests at their wedding are all simply dying to see what she will wear and that her dress will be the focus of everyone's attention at the event.  Not so much.  I like fashion as much as the next gal (hell, I watch these shows) and have attended hundreds of weddings, and, yet, I cannot remember much at all about the dresses except that every bride looked lovely because they were brides.  I couldn't tell you who spent $200 at David's sale rack and who spent 10 grand after the fact.  The only dress I even recall in any detail was that of a friend who wore her mother's 1950's wedding dress with virtually no alterations because 1) she had no money and 2) she didn't care about the dress, she cared about her mom who was thrilled.  It mainly stood out because it wasn't the typical strapless mermaid style everyone else has worn for the past 20 years or so.  I do remember the ceremonies, the reception halls, the food, the music and mostly, the company; all of which are far, far more important than a dress, IMO.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 2
(edited)
The other ridiculous notion that so many of these self important dolts seem to possess is that the guests at their wedding are all simply dying to see what she will wear and that her dress will be the focus of everyone's attention at the event.  Not so much.  I like fashion as much as the next gal (hell, I watch these shows) and have attended hundreds of weddings, and, yet, I cannot remember much at all about the dresses except that every bride looked lovely because they were brides.  I couldn't tell you who spent $200 at David's sale rack and who spent 10 grand after the fact.  The only dress I even recall in any detail was that of a friend who wore her mother's 1950's wedding dress with virtually no alterations because 1) she had no money and 2) she didn't care about the dress, she cared about her mom who was thrilled.  It mainly stood out because it wasn't the typical strapless mermaid style everyone else has worn for the past 20 years or so.  I do remember the ceremonies, the reception halls, the food, the music and mostly, the company; all of which are far, far more important than a dress, IMO.

A-effing-men. I like seeing a pretty wedding dress at a wedding as much as the next person, but it is by no means the center of everything that day. I'm happy if the bride is happy and the bridesmaid dresses don't burn my eyeballs. My daughter got married last summer and yes, she and I had fun shopping for her dress, but we spent much more time dealing with the venue, guest list, food and decorations. People who attended have commented about how much fun the wedding was, what a great time they had, IMO, these women who pay 4, 5, or  10K for a dress are nuts.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 1

Yeah, the amount of money being spent on some of these dresses just boggles my mind.  I know that they may very well look different in person than on tv, and some of the expense is the quality of the fabric and appliques, but a lot of the lower end dresses (under $3,000.00) look just as good (better, if it's a Pninna stripper fairy dress) as the 5,000.00+ ones.

The other ridiculous notion that so many of these self important dolts seem to possess is that the guests at their wedding are all simply dying to see what she will wear and that her dress will be the focus of everyone's attention at the event.

Honestly, I don't give many of the marriages much of a chance of succeeding.  A few yards of fabric does not a marriage make; if a freaking dress becomes the be all and end all of life, they are just children playing dress up.  A wedding is one single day while a marriage is (what should be_ a lifelong commitment.  

In the overall importance of life, the dress ranks way down at the bottom of the list in my opinion.  Those immature prima donnas who demand the PERFECT dress as the MOST IMPORTANT element of a few hours of a single day need to get a life.

• Love 1

I got the feeling that the bobsledder was trying to say in a subtle way that she hated the ceremony dress her mom picked out. And I agree that thing was a nightmare. It looked shiny and heavy. Instead of saying oops I made a mistake, ditching the nightmare dress, she decided to get a reception dress. Once she came out in that lace sheath, I said to myself that should be her dress, period. Instead, she compounded her problem by letting her mom dictate her reception dress, which was a big pile of meh. 

I felt conflicted about Nana in the wheelchair. She wanted a total ballgown, and I appreciated how the bride was so invested in Nana's opinion, but honestly, do you really want your elderly Nana picking out your wedding dress. THe other thing that startled me is how they talked so freely about Nana's demise right in front of her. I guess that it's healthy (sort of), but to reschedule a huge event like a wedding to gain 3 months either meant that Nana was supposed to go really fast or they were using that as a way to get on the show. I thought it was amazing that under such a time crunch they would still manage to apply to be on SYTTD. 

The wrestler was obnoxious. I don't understand these women who need their fiance's approval so badly that they bring them to their bridal appt and allow them to choose the dress. Again, I thought there was a bit of famewhoreing going on there, in this case from the groom. He;s a wrestler after all. 

I really think she brought the wrestler to the appointment because HE wanted to be on TV to promote himself. She pretended she needed him there and made up reasons why. He got a little publicity- they put up photos of him as his wrestler character. This is the only reason they applied for the show for him to get publicity. 

The bobsledder was the guest speaker at my son's college graduation in May so I recognized her. She is a very accomplished person. If she wanted to feel like a bride, she should wear the bridal gown at the reception. Anyway that dress was way too plain for a reception dress but I imagine she will be comfortable in it. Such a bitch her mother!

The bitchy 19-year-old sister in law? I was shouting "Don't marry him!" at the TV. Without getting into TMI, I know what that bride is facing. The entire family must think the SIL's antics are just adorable, or it would have stopped a long time ago.

I wonder what else the wrestler controls in their household. I'm guessing pretty much everything.

• Love 2
(edited)

I really think she brought the wrestler to the appointment because HE wanted to be on TV to promote himself. She pretended she needed him there and made up reasons why. He got a little publicity- they put up photos of him as his wrestler character. This is the only reason they applied for the show for him to get publicity.

Yeah. Good choice, too. Nothing connects a wrestler to his ideal fan base better than a show catering to people who like looking at bridal gowns. Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 5

I've got advice for Amanda who has to have an expensive Eve of Milady dress with bling: Pay for it yourself! Or pay the difference between what Mom can afford, and the price of your dream dress. Or stick to trying on dresses within the budget. You will find something you can be happy with. I swear, she went into the appointment expecting to get whatever she wanted, no matter the price. I mean she even said so - "I always get what I want." And the mother is worried about denying her a dress more than twice the budget because she's "sensitive"? Oh, please. I loved when one of the sisters pointed out she'd only be wearing $9500.00 dress for 12 hours. "But it's the 12 hours I've been dreaming of all my life!" Seriously? It's 2014!

I don't care if it's TV, why would anyone submit to being shown as such a spoiled brat? She better hope her fiance doesn't catch the episode.

Same show, tattooed bride. She was soooo pretty, she made every gown look good. I didn't care for the shawl effect to cover the tattoo, but maybe because it was makeshift. Seriously, I am no fan of tattoos, but if a woman has one, I don't see the point in the mother trying to deny it. It's a done deal by that point.

• Love 1

Tattoo bride was so pretty and had a killer figure, I agree that the shawl thing was a bit much but it's better than how they usually throw a veil on the brides and say, "Tada! Shoulders are covered and you have sleeves!"

I had to laugh when the bobsledder said she didn't know how her fiance knew she was a girl in the bobsled. Ummmm, those spandex suits don't leave anything to the imagination, he knew ;)

I'm definitely liking the Atlanta version more than NYC. Monty and Lori seem calmer and more relatable than in earlier seasons and there is a much better variety of dresses.

I'm definitely liking the Atlanta version more than NYC. Monty and Lori seem calmer and more relatable than in earlier seasons and there is a much better variety of dresses.

Monty and Lori are definitely toned down. I haven't heard anyone talk about jacking up the bride. And yes, the gowns are more varied and prettier IMO.

• Love 1

Bobsledder's reception dress reminded me of a more expensive version of the cheap ugly Marilyn Monroe Halloween costume I see at parties every year.  The one the bride on an episode of David Tutera's show was going to wear.

The fake mustache and the fake French for the fake French bride.  Beyond ridiculous.  I have to turn it off when he is on the screen anymore.  The sad part is that he thinks he's hilarious rather than an embarrassment.  

I just watched the episode where the bride's BFF said the dress had to be "snatch." And they kept asking her, is this dress snatch?
These people must not know that snatch is slang for a woman's genitals. Every bit as crude as the C-word. The way they threw that word around made me cringe. Just like "jacked up" still makes me cringe. It being a synonym for f-ed up.

Also watched the episode with the 23 year old who planned to marry her fiance in Hawaii. She brought her mother to the appointment, even though the mother probably isn't going to the wedding because her husband (the bride's father) objects to the marriage. Wow, they were dysfunctional. They made it seem like the father was some kind of ogre, but the fact that the bride is 23 and going into her second marriage tells me that there's more going on and maybe dad knew the first marriage was bad, and wasn't willing to support her jumping into a second one that looks just as bad. In any case, if mom can't support the wedding whole-heartedly, why bring her to the appointment? The bride was whining about how she wanted to have that "moment" with her mom. Oh brother. It's so interesting to me that people they don't get along with to these appointments.

• Love 1

Thank you, sleepyjean! I kept asking myself why none of those girls seemed to have a clue about the cruder implications of that word.

I missed the first part of the other episode. Why was the girl getting married in Hawaii?

I think they were getting married in Hawaii because the groom's parents had gotten married there.  That coupled with the unsupportive parents probably.  I missed that she was only 23 though... Wonder how old she was the first time!  

I just watched the episode where the bride's BFF said the dress had to be "snatch." And they kept asking her, is this dress snatch?

These people must not know that snatch is slang for a woman's genitals. Every bit as crude as the C-word. The way they threw that word around made me cringe. Just like "jacked up" still makes me cringe. It being a synonym for f-ed up.

The traditional (non slang) definition of snatch is to snap or grasp abruptly. When a bunch of black women say that you look "snatched" It's a compliment synonymous with: looking put together, tight, all grabbed up without a fiber out of place. It usually refers to a woman whose waist is flawlessly defined in the most feminine way. Telling her the dress had to look like a vagina wouldn't really make sense. ;)

I'VE always fast-forwarded through the previews because I HATE watching previews of a show I am about to watch, as they give the whole show away. I start at the watching at the opening logo- Now with this show I discovered that If I keep fast forwarding thru the stupid little meeting with Lori and the consultants, then I won't have to watch the dumb opening Monte being an idiot scene! I stopped watching that opening scene and I am sure I have no missed ANYTHING. If you have a DVR you should do this too!

• Love 2

Yes, it would not make sense telling a woman that she looked like a vagina. I know the word "Snatch" as referring to a vagina. I think a lot of people know the slang term SNATCH means vagina.  The poster was questioning wether or not the bride and her friends were aware that to a lot of people  "Snatch" means ladies genitals and not looking put together.  I see it has 2 slang meanings but Snatch for a ladies genitals was around first I'm sure. 

• Love 2

I think that's what bothers me most about Monte. Randy is awesome, clearly knows his business from top to bottom, and feels strongly about making the women he's dressing happy. Monte does lame talking heads making bitchy comments about the bride and her family and on very rare occasion slaps a veil on someone. It takes more than being gay and working in bridal to be Randy, and I'm not happy with the show for suggesting otherwise.

• Love 1

Telling her the dress had to look like a vagina wouldn't really make sense. ;)

I'm sure that wasn't the intention, but as others have noted, surely someone in the party had to know the other meaning and have the sense of mind to advise them not to say that on national television. It's like the p-word - while it can be used to refer to a cat, that doesn't make it appropriate to shout on camera. The worst part was Lori and Monte's final montage with their "I learned a new word today" crowing. So unbelievably awkward.

Jacked up doesn't really bother me as much because, let's face it, once you slap all that garish bling on the poor women, half the time f-ed up isn't that far off the mark.

• Love 2

Yes, it would not make sense telling a woman that she looked like a vagina. I know the word "Snatch" as referring to a vagina. I think a lot of people know the slang term SNATCH means vagina.  The poster was questioning wether or not the bride and her friends were aware that to a lot of people  "Snatch" means ladies genitals and not looking put together.  I see it has 2 slang meanings but Snatch for a ladies genitals was around first I'm sure. 

I'm sure that wasn't the intention, but as others have noted, surely someone in the party had to know the other meaning and have the sense of mind to advise them not to say that on national television. It's like the p-word - while it can be used to refer to a cat, that doesn't make it appropriate to shout on camera. The worst part was Lori and Monte's final montage with their "I learned a new word today" crowing. So unbelievably awkward.

Jacked up doesn't really bother me as much because, let's face it, once you slap all that garish bling on the poor women, half the time f-ed up isn't that far off the mark.

Personally?  I understood the OP's doubts pretty clearly.  The reason I'm sure they knew the difference is because what they actually said was snatchED, not snatch.   It's really only awkward if you maintain the belief that they were using it as slang (noun) as opposed to its actual meaning (verb).  

• Love 1

Personally?  I understood the OP's doubts pretty clearly.  The reason I'm sure they knew the difference is because what they actually said was snatchED, not snatch.   It's really only awkward if you maintain the belief that they were using it as slang (noun) as opposed to its actual meaning (verb).  

Right.  "Snatched" means that you look cinched, tight, smooth, flawless.  Your waist has been pulled (snatched) to within an inch of its life.  You look fabulous.

I think this is a bit of culture clash/misunderstanding.

Edited by SistaLadybug
  • Love 1

Hell, where I'm from offering to jack someone up is not a friendly thing.

Same here.  To say you're gonna "jack someone up" means you're gonna "fuck them up".  Equally, telling someone they look "jacked up" is saying they look "fucked up".

• Love 1

It's always nice to know that in addition to parading their dysfunctional families in public, these famewhores can find additional ways to be offensive and clueless at the same time.

Edited by Kohola3

The woman who was buying a dress having not met her fiancee in 12 years! Okay that was a storyline as the producers managed to get him to come. Didn't she think something was a little off when "he couldn't get off work" to come and see her? She couldn't go there? Georgia to North Carolina is a 5 hour to 8 hour drive- not that bad if you are thinking of marrying someone. Unless the guy had a job where he works 24/7 and if so she should have explained just why he can't get 2 days- saturday and sunday off from work to come see her. A Red Flag right there. He seemed odd too. A real prize!

The woman who hadn't seen her fiance in 12 years is the strangest story yet on these shows. And then I could swear she said her family didn't know this. How could they not know? 12 years is a long time. So she's already buying a dress, and he shows up with a ring? I just didn't get it. It was way weird.

Pet peeve: Why must they take a perfectly fine dress, like the one chosen by the pageant bride, and add a glittery belt? It makes the dress look cheap! What's so wrong with an allover white or ivory dress for pity's sake? Bling in my opinion adds nothing to a lace dress; in fact, the two styles clash.

And the "jacked up" comment just doesn't make any sense. How in the world did Lori and Monte ever come up with such a crass expression to mean "putting the final touches on to make it look bridal"? What's the chain of connection there?

Edited by peggy06
The woman who was buying a dress having not met her fiancee in 12 years!

Oh this woman made me so frikkin mad. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't actually give a crap about her. But the way she was acting all victimy about her family not understanding made me want to smack her upside the head.How dare she do this to her children? She's either stupid, selfish, or some combination of the above to think it's perfectly ok to marry someone her children have never met and then move him into the home as a father figure. I'm sure that will all work out perfectly. You want to be an imbecile and get caught up in the "romance" of reconnecting with a guy from high school, do it on your own time AFTER your kids are out of the house. And as for the other family members, they should've taken the daughter and walked right out of there. Surprising them like that while they were being filmed was complete bullsh*t. I hope they read her up and down after they left the store.

• Love 1

12 years bride was a joke right? The whole family got together and concocted a story to get on tv right? It's just way too crazy for words otherwise, the only way he'll come to see her is if she's on tv? I hope her family set her straight, heaven knows what kind of crazy she could have set her daughter(s) up for!

The 23 year old on her second marriage and her mother signed a waiver a voluntarily aired all of that dirty laundry on national television? Crazy. The father seemed justified in questioning his daughter's decisions and really, if parents have that many objections wouldn't a reasonable person put the wedding on hold and consider them and work with the family to find peace instead of full steam ahead with all of that negativity?

Whatever happened to women getting married and needing a pretty dress?

I'm watching an episode now that aired (I think) last year.  It has a girl (Meredith) that had eye cancer and she wanted a dress with a shoulder strap to cover her port scar.  I Googled her when it originally aired to see how she was doing and she was fighting hard, doing well.  She got on the show because her mom ran into Monte at the grocery store and told him Meredith was getting married and he had her apply to be on the show.  I thought it was a funny story.

But with it rerunning this morning, I realized I had forgotten about her and Googled her to see how she's doing with her cancer.  Turns out she lost her battle and passed away in February. Reminds me of that other gal on the NY version of the shows, Margo who lost her battle with ovarian cancer or Erin Howarth, also on Kleinfelds episodes. 

I watched this morning's reruns. The first episode I saw had a second-grader bridesmaid who was waaaaaay too opinionated and was given waaaaay too much airtime. I will give the child credit that I assume the show encouraged her and played this up, but it made for a very unenjoyable segment. The second show had a lovely red-haired bride with a controlling fiance who dismissed her opinions and seemed intent on having the final say on her dress. I get having an opinion, but this guy was more "My way or the highway." Plus, he criticized the first dress for showing too much cleavage, which I found embarrassing to his fiancee and basically a bad sign overall. I wanted to tell the bride to run as fast as she can.

There was also a bride who wanted a David Watters gown in oatmeal with a feathered skirt. Her mother was not on board; neither was I, to be honest. The third dress she tried on was a champagne colored ballgown with a tulle skirt that was very flattering on her. I hope she ended up with that one. Last I saw, Mom was saying she wasn't sure it was the one.

Explains a fair amount about the divorce rate if all these women think being The Bride makes them some kind of royalty. It must suck for the husbands when they realize their wives are pretty much married to being married, not necessarily to them.

• Love 1

17 year old bride with pastor dad -- I loved how weirded out Monte and consultant looked when they found out the bride was 17. She looked 14 with all the braces and acne. The dad was a creep as he explained she basically "30" and had organized the whole courting thing.

18 year bride who loves Kim K. -- I like how this girl met her fiance in the Dairy Queen parking lot and both moms seemed very "pro marriage."

Bride with enormous entourage from Michigan -- The entourage acted like they were on an episode of Maury with all the jeering and generally just being very loud and obnoxious in a bridal salon. I was so embarrassed for the bride and I would have loved if Monte or Lori had kicked them out.

Towanda mom -- Again, generally embarrassed about the mom being "Towanda." The bride had a awkward shaped body so I wasn't quite sure if the first dress was a complement.

High neck dress wedding photographer -- I totally understand why the bride wanted sleeves or another neck line other than strapless. Sing it, sister! The dresses all blend togethher and look the same. I am not sure why sleeved dresses in Lori's salon are all so unflattering. I thought the dress she picked was pretty.

Edited by geauxtee

Caught an old episode last night with a bride named Mon Cheri who wanted to look like the bride from Coming to America.  Her name killed me....mainly because she pronounced it M"ON" Cherry yet carried herself with this hoity toity air of faux french sophistication.  She obviously knew no real french but had to make random comments constantly such as "oui, oui"!  Some of her party pronounced her name correctly, but if the bride herself said her name differently, weren't they really incorrect in their pronunciation?!   

The bitchy 19-year-old sister in law? I was shouting "Don't marry him!" at the TV. Without getting into TMI, I know what that bride is facing. The entire family must think the SIL's antics are just adorable, or it would have stopped a long time .

I find myself doing that a lot too on these types of programmes lol

• Love 1

I've decided I can't with this show. I just can't. I've tried many times but I'm out. I love the snark on it but Lori and Monte and the whole southern belle thing just no.

I'm not keane on Monte either he just adds a veil.

Me either. I despise this version, but since TLC is always my background noise and SYTTD is TLC's religion, it's always on.

• The brides all seem so deer in headlights.
  • I can't stand Monte's stupid head bobbing jokes.
  • I can't stand Lori's corny-ass play on words (i.e., the bride who felt she looked like Madonna..."If she and her mom don't make the decision together, they're going to be heading into the borderline of disaster!")
  • The show pigeonholing all southern girls the same. Like we all come from conservative families with a "daddy" who would prefer us to dress like nuns.
  • In addition to the above sentence, the way families act in the south is exclusive only to the south. Protective daddies don't happen in Minnesota or Boston.
  • Lori acting like deciding on the wedding dress is a life changing decision. Like wearing THE wedding dress for one day will make or break your future.
  • Lori thinking she's the house psychologist and helping "southern brides" and their daddies finally having THE moment!
  • Monte. Just Monte.
  • Love 3