Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: The Rock

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, iwasish said:

They can leave out the drama over Delilah’s son’s dating life. It’s just another distraction to the main story. 

See, I wish there was no “main” storyline. There should just be stories about Jon’s friends in the aftermath of his death. 

• Love 4

I enjoyed it but hated to see prediction on cancer patient come true 😞 

Delilah scored another with that silly remark ( who does that with any pairing that age?) Poor Gary, no wonder he can’t work! 

Anyone catch the name on Nelson’s phone? Wondered if Mitch had same last name . Why care if she’s pregnant ? She had 2 already. 

• Love 4

It's kind of a problem for the show when I think Eddie and Katherine had more chemistry in that flashback than his scenes with Delilah.

I don't want them together and I wish that Hunter didn't appear to be permanently gone.

Gary is a rock but Maggie may be a saint because his brand of optimism would make me crazy.

Poor Linda, and I did feel bad that Gary had to hear that.

A cackled when Katherine cut straight to the point on why Delilah wasn't getting anywhere near the legal guardianship of her child.

Rome's dad was an ass.

Edited by sking20854
  • Love 13

I knew Delilah's comment was going to cause a problem. Was Elliot even thinking this was a date? I don't think it's been shown whether or not he returns Danny's feelings or if he thinks they're just friends.

Why does she need to install the car seat when the baby's not even due for another...I'll go with two months? two months sounds good...?

• Love 11

The Katherine/Eddie plot was surprisingly well done. I actually bought that Eddie cared for Katherine, which hasn't really happened with this show much. But yeah, I really SHOULDN'T be rooting for Eddie/Katherine until he gets his act together and can do something that makes me believe in his redemption. Except I wouldn't hate season 2 have Eddie and Katherine try to work things out. Unfortunately, the baby situation complicates things so I can't see it really working ever. 

I get why Danny would be upset for his date for Delilah's comment but I also don't really care. 

The Rome family stuff is decent but man do his dad and brother kind of suck a bit. His brother IS a little better, at least.

Um...yeah, not seeing why it's suddenly so important for MaybeBarbara that Delilah is pregnant and complicates whatever it is. 

I guess the Gary/Maggie stuff is good. I do get why Gary is lying about the Linda stuff, but it's unlikely it doesn't blow up somehow. 

Seriously, though, if the affair wasn't an actual thing, I would be rooting for Eddie/Katherine to work things out.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, debraran said:

I enjoyed it but hated to see prediction on cancer patient come true 😞 

Delilah scored another with that silly remark ( who does that with any pairing that age?) Poor Gary, no wonder he can’t work! 

Anyone catch the name on Nelson’s phone? Wondered if Mitch had same last name . Why care if she’s pregnant ? She had 2 already. 

I wonder if Jon dumped Nelson while she was pregnant and she gave birth to a severely handicapped child? Maybe the guy she spoke to married her and helped raise the child. Could be she didn’t know Jon had other kids. She could be wondering if the baby could also be afflicted?  

There’s  just something with the idea that all we are hearing is a “voice”  so far... the identity of or physical appearance of the owner of that voice has to be part of the whole big mystery.  It has to have something to do with a pregnancy/a child and Jon doing something douchy like running out on the situation. Making Barbara Morgan a beneficiary might have been to atone for it.  

Could be too that if it is related to a child, the “ who is the daddy  .. Eddie or Jon” speculation might come into play. 

I don’t see Barbara Morgan as a possible danger to Delilah. I just think she’s a part of Jon’s past. Someone he hurt or was hurt by and it was a part of all his angst and unhappiness 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

I find myself incredibly annoyed anytime Delilah is on the screen. It's not even like she's a crafty villain or an outrageous character. She relies on everyone around her, and yet they all (except Katherine) think she's precious. 

WHY would Delilah call Eddie when she knows he's busy taking care of Katherine? We all know she's incapable of helping anyone. Just text him and let him know she's aware and sends her best. 

<small voice>I really want Eddie and Katherine together.</small voice>

The way MaybeBarbara mentioned Delilah's pregnancy suggested she may have had plans for her otherwise. Actually, now that I think about it, a show without Delilah would be interesting. Eddie and Katherine could (in my tv world) get back together. Gary can be guardian to Danny and Sophie. Rome and Regina can do their thing. 

My TiVo cut off the preview. Anything interesting? 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The Katherine/Eddie plot was surprisingly well done. I actually bought that Eddie cared for Katherine, which hasn't really happened with this show much. But yeah, I really SHOULDN'T be rooting for Eddie/Katherine until he gets his act together and can do something that makes me believe in his redemption. Except I wouldn't hate season 2 have Eddie and Katherine try to work things out. Unfortunately, the baby situation complicates things so I can't see it really working ever. 

I get why Danny would be upset for his date for Delilah's comment but I also don't really care. 

The Rome family stuff is decent but man do his dad and brother kind of suck a bit. His brother IS a little better, at least.

Um...yeah, not seeing why it's suddenly so important for MaybeBarbara that Delilah is pregnant and complicates whatever it is. 

I guess the Gary/Maggie stuff is good. I do get why Gary is lying about the Linda stuff, but it's unlikely it doesn't blow up somehow. 

Seriously, though, if the affair wasn't an actual thing, I would be rooting for Eddie/Katherine to work things out.

Even if Eddie and Katherine wanted to be together.... the bombshell that Eddie is the baby daddy will ruin it. 

From what Katherine said, lots of people know Eddie was banging Delilah, and she was humiliated. If that info is out there than there has to be gossip too about the pregnancy. I know if that situation happened in my social circle, there would be plenty of talk.

I wonder if it is confirmed that Eddie is the dad, just how they will all react. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, kazza said:

My TiVo cut off the preview. Anything interesting? 

I saw it and I honestly don't remember...

That's...probably not a great sign. All I remember is it said there are only two episodes left. I think.

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I saw it and I honestly don't remember...

That's...probably not a great sign. All I remember is it said there are only two episodes left. I think.

I think it's one left but I can't remember either.  It was pretty good.  It kind of lags at times.  They need to work Jon into these episodes.  It didn't trend on twitter tonight but it's Valentines Day so hard to tell if people are losing interest or the holiday effected the ratings.

The new voice over intro is still weird and jarring. 

This is the show that I actually want to watch. The cast is so good that they can really sell all the little character moments when they aren’t bogged down in plot twists.

If it’s well done I would absolutely be on board with Katherine and Eddie together. The actors work well together. I really can see both the love and bitterness.  

I loved Katherine’s reaction to idea of Delilah being Theo’s guardian. 

I actually really liked Gary and Maggie together. The emotional moments really resonated. It is amazing how powerful Gary putting the puzzle in Linda’s chair was.

I didn’t even dislike Delilah quite has much here. Even her hair was better. 

The dynamics with Rome and his family are interesting. I wish Regina was given more to do. 

5 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Well, I enjoyed that episode very much.  I think it was the best one yet.  Good job everyone. If they can keep writing it like that, I'm in for another season.

One of the writers of this episode is behind the best written episodes. He also wrote Game of Your Life and Christmas Wishlist and seems to have the best handle on all of the characters. His episodes have all the best Katherine and Eddie moments. 

It is amazing what a difference an experienced writer makes. 

Edited by Guest

I was so angry when Delilah made that comment about how cute they were. That's so condescending. No kid old enough to date wants to hear that. She's so clueless, the show needs to do something about it because it's like they're trying to make her as stupid and annoying as possible.

I had a moment of hope when she said she'd bought and installed the car seat, but then we saw that she hadn't. And also, she was clearly having to force herself to say it was good Eddie was there for Katherine-- she was the only one who wasn't actually concerned about K's well-being, she was just really stressed out about having to function solo for half a day.

Rome said he's taking anti-depressants, but I thought he'd quit? If he went back on, they really should be showing us the process, since it was such a major plot point. I know Regina told him she needed him to get treated, but that's it? He just went back on? No adjustments? And he's just taking meds and not doing any other therapy? I thought his depression was supposed to be a major storyline.

Delilah's car seat is taking up more room than Rome's suicide attempt.

Maggie and Gary are almost too happy. And why didn't they bring the dog with them to Plymouth Rock? Dogs would love something like that.

I actually liked this episode, despite my complaints, though. I do think the show is much better when it's actually about living the lives and not just constantly dropping hints and misdirects. The Barbara Morgan thing at the end was a mystery, but it wasn't a twist or a misdirect, so that's a step in the right direction.

• Love 7

I did re watch the clip with "Nelson" and it did say Mitch Nelson on phone. Whomever she is I'm glad she didn't have as much trouble finding them as they did in reverse.

If a baby had a birth defect and it was genetic I don't think Jon would have had 2 more children without testing. Maybe she was just shocked she was pregnant after everything that happened.

I still feel because it's 2019 and this tragic incident happened in 2000 or in that ball field, it's hard to imagine things weren't more public or easy to search.  If Jon got someone pregnant, legally he wouldn't have to do some clandestine exchange. It wouldn't be a shocker to anyone. If he had an accident, it's public knowledge and if big enough, probably seen by many in the paper. It didn't happen in a bubble.

I guess I'm in the minority but I can't get around Jon is like an orphan from Mars. He existed for years before he met Delilah but no one is around at all. No parents, no siblings, no cousins, no college friends, no early business partners. It's not realistic at all. Would anyone marry someone without a history? Who came to the wedding?

There have been no memories from anyone but the guys. No flashbacks for his wife, no flashbacks at all from the children really, just Sophie at a sports event.  It doesn't seem like Delilah has gone through Jon's things or office or apartment which is odd, it's not like it's heartbreaking for her or she's that busy.  She's buying a car seat but doesn't wonder about things in her dead husband's apartment? Who is paying for that?

I like Gary with kids, but is she going to call Gary every time her child is distant or doesn't want to talk to her? He might need to change his number. 😊

Edited by debraran
  • Love 8

Has Eddie or anyone else on the show ever called Katherine 'Katie' before or is that a brand new thing? I skip around the episodes a lot so I could've missed it before but it stood out to me for some reason.

I think this is the second real flashback that Katherine has been part of but they do a really good job in those small moments to show the difference between her then and now.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Has Eddie or anyone else on the show ever called Katherine 'Katie' before or is that a brand new thing? I skip around the episodes a lot so I could've missed it before but it stood out to me for some reason.

I think this is the second real flashback that Katherine has been part of but they do a really good job in those small moments to show the difference between her then and now.

I believe Hunter called her "Katie" once, and it struck me then as interesting. IIRC it was when Hunter was trying to explain why he didn't tell her immediately that he made partner. I half expected her to tell him to not call her "Katie", which I'd think would be reserved for people very close to her. 

And I agree that the brief flashbacks really show how much the years have taken a toll on Katherine and on the relationship. Her admission of accountability was a mature moment of self-awareness. She continues to be the character that I most enjoy learning about. It's too bad she's tangled in the mess that's Delilah's arc. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

And St. Delilah of The Useless does it again-who says that to a child over preschool age much less one on a date??

Can we just give some kudos to the kid actor playing Elliot? His facial expression when Delilah made her comment was so subtle, yet it said a ton in that moment. It usually takes a more seasoned actor to pull it off, so good for him.

As for Delilah, I’m going to cut her some slack on this one. She wouldn’t be the first parent to say or do something cringeworthy while trying to be their kid’s cheerleader. Especially with her son admitting that he’s gay. In her effort to be accepting, she went a little overboard. I get it.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

Rome said he's taking anti-depressants, but I thought he'd quit? If he went back on, they really should be showing us the process, since it was such a major plot point. I know Regina told him she needed him to get treated, but that's it? He just went back on? No adjustments? And he's just taking meds and not doing any other therapy? I thought his depression was supposed to be a major storyline.

He said (I think at the end of the last episode) that he needed to go back on them so I guess we were to assume he did. I believe he was seeing the therapist Maggie recommended. I do think that it would be a tad more realistic if they did show us the process of taking anti-depressants and how sometimes it does take time to find the right fit and the right dosage. 

9 hours ago, break21 said:

I think it's one left but I can't remember either.  It was pretty good.  It kind of lags at times.  They need to work Jon into these episodes.  It didn't trend on twitter tonight but it's Valentines Day so hard to tell if people are losing interest or the holiday effected the ratings.

They said one more episode before the finale, so it's 2 episodes left in the season. 

And why didn't they bring the dog with them to Plymouth Rock? Dogs would love something like that.

I've been to Plymouth Rock, Gary was right to tell Maggie to set her expectations low. The dog wouldn't get anywhere near it because gated and below the viewing surface. So you have to stand above it and look down on this less than impressive rock. They probably wouldn't even need 5 minutes there. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

Even if Eddie and Katherine wanted to be together.... the bombshell that Eddie is the baby daddy will ruin it. 

From what Katherine said, lots of people know Eddie was banging Delilah, and she was humiliated. If that info is out there than there has to be gossip too about the pregnancy. I know if that situation happened in my social circle, there would be plenty of talk.

I wonder if it is confirmed that Eddie is the dad, just how they will all react. 

Did all the other moms know that Eddie was having an affair with Delilah, or just that he was having an affair? I was a little confused by that myself. And frankly, I was waiting for Katherine to bring up the fact that she put her anger aside to help Delilah save her home and finances. Did anyone thank her for that, by the way?

• Love 11

Something Regina said made me think that Rome is going to therapy. I don't quite remember how it was phrased, but I remember noticing that they had a throw away line to deal with it.

20 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Can we just give some kudos to the kid actor playing Elliot? His facial expression when Delilah made her comment was so subtle, yet it said a ton in that moment. It usually takes a more seasoned actor to pull it off, so good for him.

Agreed. I was focused on him for some reason, and knew by both his face and body language that it was not going to go well.

11 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I've been to Plymouth Rock, Gary was right to tell Maggie to set her expectations low. The dog wouldn't get anywhere near it because gated and below the viewing surface. So you have to stand above it and look down on this less than impressive rock. They probably wouldn't even need 5 minutes there. 

For me, personally, its not whether the object is impressive in and of itself. It's the history it represents. But then again, when I was a kid and had a class field trip to the Alhambra, it wasn't the magnificent building that impressed me, it was the fact that I was walking down a hall Christopher Columbus had walked down (back when we weren't taught so much about his deeds). So I may be weird.

So, Regina went above and beyond because a reviewer might be in the restaurant. Makes me wonder then, if she's giving less than her best normally. They finally mentioned Yelp at the end - which frankly is where I get most of my reviews (though I read them with a touch of skepticism).

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Something Regina said made me think that Rome is going to therapy. I don't quite remember how it was phrased, but I remember noticing that they had a throw away line to deal with it.

Regina definitely mentioned something about Rome going to therapy but it was done in such a casual way that it was easy to miss. Gah, I wish the show WOULD take more about therapy and depression and going on or off meds. It does make it seem like Rome has switched so quickly and that everything is just fine. They're not really diving deep into the issue.

1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

So, Regina went above and beyond because a reviewer might be in the restaurant. Makes me wonder then, if she's giving less than her best normally. They finally mentioned Yelp at the end - which frankly is where I get most of my reviews (though I read them with a touch of skepticism).

I don't think it's her usually giving less than her best. More that she took the time to go over the top with being out on the floor, greeting the customers and consistently chatting with them to make sure it was known that she was heavily involved in each person. Typically, a restaurant owner/head chef doesn't have the time to be out in the restaurant all night. But when you know someone important is coming, I think it's either human instinct (or TV cliche) to be over the top perfect. 

1 hour ago, TVForever said:

As for Delilah, I’m going to cut her some slack on this one. She wouldn’t be the first parent to say or do something cringeworthy while trying to be their kid’s cheerleader. Especially with her son admitting that he’s gay. In her effort to be accepting, she went a little overboard. I get it.

Yeah, in hindsight, I can see why Delilah thought what she said wasn't a big deal. If she had said it in front of Elliot's parents, I could be more outraged. She did say it in public, which I could see making Elliot uncomfortable and terrified for anyone overhearing, but this is one of the few things I don't blame Delilah for. It was a mistake, one that was still fairly small for Delilah. 

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thought it was horrible for Gary to lie to Maggie about Lisa (I think that was the name of the patient with the puzzle)? I would be royally pissed if someone kept that information from me, especially if it was to "protect" me or to make it a more convenient moment for them. I'm not sure what Gary's motive was, to let her be happy a bit longer or to make it easier to take her to Plymouth Rock then so he didn't feel guilty if she did end up dying and never got to see it. Gary is the character I hate the most after Delilah. 

I'm afraid Eddie and Katherine are going to get back together only to have the truth about Delilah's pregnancy come out. I don't want Katherine to have to go through that. As much as I would like Delilah hate for Eddie to make Katherine a priority in his life.

4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Just rewatched, and have to add that one of my favorite moments was early in the episode when Katherine and Eddie and their mediator were discussing who would be Theo's guardian and why Delilah could no longer be it.  The vigorous scratching out of Delilah's name was very funny!

The vigorous scratching out of Delilah's name was the best part of this episode!

I can't stand helpless Delilah who needs everyone focused on her drama all the time.  I knew someone like that once - a self-obsessed narcissist who "helplessly" created drama by her life choices and then expected everyone to leap to help her, and insisted on being the center of attention at all times. 

I really felt for Rome when his dad told him he never had to worry about Rome because he had his life together, and Rome told him but he should be worrying.  That sure rings true.  It takes a lot of hard work to make something look easy, and it's isolating when people think because you have succeeded at a lot of things in your life that you never need help, no one ever has to worry about you or think about you, and you are always the one that they turn to for help.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Am I the only one who thought it was horrible for Gary to lie to Maggie about Lisa (I think that was the name of the patient with the puzzle)? I would be royally pissed if someone kept that information from me, especially if it was to "protect" me or to make it a more convenient moment for them. I'm not sure what Gary's motive was, to let her be happy a bit longer or to make it easier to take her to Plymouth Rock then so he didn't feel guilty if she did end up dying and never got to see it. Gary is the character I hate the most after Delilah. 

I'm afraid Eddie and Katherine are going to get back together only to have the truth about Delilah's pregnancy come out. I don't want Katherine to have to go through that. As much as I would like Delilah hate for Eddie to make Katherine a priority in his life.

They definitely went a typical TV cliche route with Gary keeping the Linda dying secret from Maggie, but it kind of makes sense. He seemed to decide to withhold the information because he knew Maggie was already scared about the surgery and she was finally looking forward to her future. I think he was afraid that she would psych herself out and start believing that she couldn't survive if he told her about Linda, so that's why he didn't tell her. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Dusty said:

Hunter has been calling her Katie for awhile. In the flashback where Eddie was performing with his band the song was called “Be My Katie”.  

7 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I caught that too. I think she said the Rome wasn’t the only one in his family that should be in therapy. 

5 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I didn’t have a problem with it because I assumed he was just waiting to tell her after the surgery. I think his motive was to not but negative thoughts in her head so she could just enjoy the rest of the day. I don’t think he took her to Plymouth Rock out of guilt but as a result of him facing the reality that she might not survive.

I have had a lot of problems with Gary but I really liked him here. I thought it was growth after an entire season of him trying to push into doing things his way. For once he realized what was important to her and stopped fighting her. 

Edited by Guest

That was..better than I expected, although still not as good as I thought it would be.

First off, Gary is right.  Plymouth Rock is disappointing.  Although I did like that Maggie made the connection about wanting to do things in her past instead of the future.

I *get* why Eddie and Katherine chose Gary, but I simultaneously don't get it.  Did we forget how horrible Gary was to Katherine? Also, I still would have chosen Regina and Rome--it's not like that they were definitely going to have to raise Theo, but in the very unlikely event that something happened to BOTH Eddie and Katherine (which is especially unlikely now as they are working towards divorce, we think...)

I can't decide if Grace Park and David Giuntoli are really that great together, or they seem greater than they are because Stephanie Szostak and David Giuntoli don't work together at all.  Honestly, it's probably both as Szostak can't seem to gel with anyone in the cast (and Giuntoli does with everyone but her), but Park is also probably the best actress on the show.

I will say I'm shocked that Delilah becomes even viler with every episode.  Seriously...I think she can't get worse, and then she does.  First off, why does she need Eddie to get baby crap with her?  I've had two kids and I got all that stuff on my own.  I also didn't have to have my husband put in my car seat (well, because I went to the fire department and had them do it, BUT STILL!).  Also, if she wants to pass off this baby as Jon's, having her ex-lover do all the baby business with her is not how to do it.

Then, she knows that Eddie is taking care of Katherine...AT KATHERINE'S HOUSE..and she calls him, why?  Because she needs to insert herself into the situation so that Eddie doesn't get too close to Katherine.  This is textbook narcissist behavior.  I have some speculation on this point, which I'll bring up in the appropriate thread.

Then, she fucks up her 12-year-old son's social life, ONCE AGAIN outsources her parenting to Gary, and then whines about how hard it is only to get kudos from Gary.  She's right...how is she going to raise a baby when she can't even parent the two she has?

Back to Eddie and Katherine--I really loved their scenes together.  It's so strange to see a self-aware adult on TV and we have that in Katherine.  I'm still iffy on whether or not I want them back together, only because I think Eddie's story is more compelling if he's on his own, but at least a reunion wouldn't be an unpleasant eye roll for me.

I'm just going to come out and say it--Rome's dad is a dick.  My husband's parents (well, just his dad now) have sort of the same thing going on--my husband is incredibly successful in his field and nothing he does is good enough for them.  His brother is 46 years old, lives at home, has never had a job, and it's a celebration when he takes a crap by himself.  I know I'm bringing my own baggage into this viewing, but this whole storyline pissed me off.

I am going to admit that I'm a little perplexed why the character Nash says is the central character--Rome--is sidelined while Gary is always in the middle of everything.  Honestly, this show might have worked better if Gary had been the depressed on and Rome had something else going on.  From almost the first episode, this show has felt off balance and I think this, the emphasis on Gary instead of Rome (or at least an even emphasis on all 3 men) is a big part of the problem.

But, overall, this was better than a lot of the episodes--which is what the show needs now.

ETA: I almost forgot my most important thought of the show: Am I the only person who wants to meet Katherine's sister, Tina?  Seriously!

Edited by HazelEyes4325
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I *get* why Eddie and Katherine chose Gary, but I simultaneously don't get it.  Did we forget how horrible Gary was to Katherine? Also, I still would have chosen Regina and Rome--it's not like that they were definitely going to have to raise Theo, but in the very unlikely event that something happened to BOTH Eddie and Katherine (which is especially unlikely now as they are working towards divorce, we think...)

Well, Katherine brought up Regina/Rome and Eddie countered that with how they don't want kids and that's why they didn't choose them. Which...I guess makes some sense. But I think, as awful as Gary's been, it's about Theo and what's best for him. Theo likes Gary the most out of all of them, and Katherine needed a little convincing to see that Gary was mature enough to be able to take care of Theo. Of course, Delilah might have been the better choice in terms of being able to take care of Theo, but I can see why it's still too raw to even consider Delilah as a choice, even when Katherine and Eddie would both have to be dead for this to happen. Plus, Gary and Katherine have slowly been mending some of their relationship. They even teamed up a couple of episodes ago! That's huge! 

Gary's basically become the main lead on this show with how much material he gets every episode. He better be damn rewarded by the end of this (which is why they'll never actually kill Maggie and he'll always have some focus in the episodes). 

10 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Back to Eddie and Katherine--I really loved their scenes together.  It's so strange to see a self-aware adult on TV and we have that in Katherine.  I'm still iffy on whether or not I want them back together, only because I think Eddie's story is more compelling if he's on his own, but at least a reunion wouldn't be an unpleasant eye roll for me.

I would like for them to get back together...but not any time soon. Eddie has his own redemption arc to go down in order to be close to someone that deserves Katherine. And I think Katherine also has her own growth to do independently. Her workaholic life did take over her for a good period of time so she does need to learn how to balance things out better. Plus, the issue with the stupid baby plotline keeps the two from getting together at this point. It's obvious that it'll blow up in Eddie's face.

3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Yes, I’ve been as well (on Thanksgiving, of all days, and by happenstance on a whimsical little detour we took that day). I was actually more impressed by the Native American displays that were there, though it was not clear if they are always there or if they just do special occasions type of thing.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, Katherine brought up Regina/Rome and Eddie countered that with how they don't want kids and that's why they didn't choose them. Which...I guess makes some sense. But I think, as awful as Gary's been, it's about Theo and what's best for him. Theo likes Gary the most out of all of them, and Katherine needed a little convincing to see that Gary was mature enough to be able to take care of Theo. Of course, Delilah might have been the better choice in terms of being able to take care of Theo, but I can see why it's still too raw to even consider Delilah as a choice, even when Katherine and Eddie would both have to be dead for this to happen. Plus, Gary and Katherine have slowly been mending some of their relationship. They even teamed up a couple of episodes ago! That's huge! 

Oh, I do get it about Rome and Regina not wanting kids.  But, this is also a very, very slim chance that anything would come to it and, as was indelicately confirmed on the show, there is a financial component--not that R&R would be in it for the money, but it IS different than giving birth to your own child.  And Katherine and Gary were right--it is one thing to be "cool Uncle Gary" but a very different thing to be a full-time parent.  R&R might not have been the best choice, but I still think they were a better choice than Gary. 

Also, if Delilah had been the guardian, Gary would still be raising Theo since he seems to be raising both Sophie and Danny.

6 minutes ago, A.Ham said:

Yes, I’ve been as well (on Thanksgiving, of all days, and by happenstance on a whimsical little detour we took that day). I was actually more impressed by the Native American displays that were there, though it was not clear if they are always there or if they just do special occasions type of thing.

My favorite part is the gravestone to the sea captain's mistress/prostitute.  Whenever someone says that they are going to Plymouth Rock, I always tell them to check out the graveyard!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Oh, I do get it about Rome and Regina not wanting kids.  But, this is also a very, very slim chance that anything would come to it and, as was indelicately confirmed on the show, there is a financial component--not that R&R would be in it for the money, but it IS different than giving birth to your own child.  And Katherine and Gary were right--it is one thing to be "cool Uncle Gary" but a very different thing to be a full-time parent.  R&R might not have been the best choice, but I still think they were a better choice than Gary. 

Also, if Delilah had been the guardian, Gary would still be raising Theo since he seems to be raising both Sophie and Danny.

My favorite part is the gravestone to the sea captain's mistress/prostitute.  Whenever someone says that they are going to Plymouth Rock, I always tell them to check out the graveyard!

I’m wondering how Katherine hasn’t suspected that Eddie is the baby’s father.  The affair was going on at the time of Jon’s  death... Delilah is pregnant.  It’s a situation ripe for Lauren Lakes Paternity Court. I sense that Delilah is feeling a bit nervous that Eddie was so concerned about Katherine that he didn’t even bother to text her, just let her cool her heels in the baby store. I can see her pulling away from Eddie and starting up with the widowed restaurant owner. 

10 minutes ago, Newberry said:

Katherine got dizzy or complained about a headache after she was home resting-anyone else think the head bump is going to come back into play later? Something not caught by the emergency room doctors?

NoooOOoOOoooooOOOOOooOoo, or a blood clot, but will the writers use that device twice? 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Newberry said:

Katherine got dizzy or complained about a headache after she was home resting-anyone else think the head bump is going to come back into play later? Something not caught by the emergency room doctors?

I’m shocked they sent her home so soon. I would think with that serious a crash, they’d keep her at least overnight.

• Love 1

If the group relied on Jon the way they now rely on Gary I can see why he was overwhelmed. Rome really couldn’t go out and buy an air mattress. They live in Boston he probably could have gotten same day delivery. Regina couldn’t find anyone else to deliver food to Katherine. And if Delilah can’t parent Danny now it probably wasn’t any better when Jon was alive. 

3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I’m wondering how Katherine hasn’t suspected that Eddie is the baby’s father.  The affair was going on at the time of Jon’s  death... Delilah is pregnant.  It’s a situation ripe for Lauren Lakes Paternity Court. I sense that Delilah is feeling a bit nervous that Eddie was so concerned about Katherine that he didn’t even bother to text her, just let her cool her heels in the baby store. I can see her pulling away from Eddie and starting up with the widowed restaurant owner. 

She clearly suspected it the moment she heard about it and was relieved when Regina said the baby was Jon's.  She has no reason not to believe Regina and Regina was telling what she believed was the truth.  At this point, Katherine might still have doubts, but it is easier to not believe them or dwell on them.

I do think that Delilah will take up with the restaurant guy, but she's still going to keep a short leash on Eddie.  She can't live without male attention.

3 minutes ago, Dani said:

If the group relied on Jon the way they now rely on Gary I can see why he was overwhelmed. Rome really couldn’t go out and buy an air mattress. They live in Boston he probably could have gotten same day delivery. Regina couldn’t find anyone else to deliver food to Katherine. And if Delilah can’t parent Danny now it probably wasn’t any better when Jon was alive. 

This is a very good point--and it makes Delilah's argument that Jon emotionally left her even more ridiculous when she could see how much he was doing for others.  If this were the case, all she would have needed to do was *ask* Jon for help/attention/whatever and she would have gotten it.

Yes, Rome...going to a store would have been a good excuse to escape your brother a bit.

Yes, Regina...uber eats exists.

Yes, Delilah...you do actually have to parent your own kids.

The only ones I would give a pass to here are Eddie and Katherine, only because it was a case of "while you are here, let's talk about something" instead of asking Gary and Maggie to completely shelve their own lives.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

This is a very good point--and it makes Delilah's argument that Jon emotionally left her even more ridiculous when she could see how much he was doing for others.  If this were the case, all she would have needed to do was *ask* Jon for help/attention/whatever and she would have gotten it.

Considering how Delilah expects everyone to be there for her at all times for everything, I am casting major side-eye that Jon wasn't there for her emotionally.  Maybe he didn't drop everything to fix a crisis of her own making once, so she decided he wasn't there for her anymore.  Drama llamas live on self-created drama and the sympathy of others rushing to help.

21 minutes ago, Newberry said:

If that happens, no one will be available to help her because they'll all be over at Delilah's consoling her for the tragedy of locking her keys in her car or helping her take the garbage out.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, izabella said:

Considering how Delilah expects everyone to be there for her at all times for everything, I am casting major side-eye that Jon wasn't there for her emotionally.  Maybe he didn't drop everything to fix a crisis of her own making once, so she decided he wasn't there for her anymore.  Drama llamas live on self-created drama and the sympathy of others rushing to help.

Well, you know...he didn't change the battery in the smoke detector and that, of course, means that he emotionally left his wife and justifies her banging his best friend.  (smirk)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TVForever said:

I don’t necessarily blame Delilah for making the comment, but for her inability to parent after.  And who thinks 12 year olds, gay or straight, should be on a “date” anyway?  Let them be kids.

i thought the Rome family story was the most realistic, I too had to deal with parents who constantly made excuses for the fuck-up sibling, while nothing I did was ever good enough.  

On Katherine’s accident, I just realized she said a truck came out of nowhere, but there was no truck at the scene?  She couldn’t have done all that damage just from swerving to avoid the truck?

i like that Gary and Maggie are getting closer, but the stop off at the hospital was ridiculous.  I thought it was supposed to be pretty late by the time they got done dealing with everyone else’s problems, so why was the same employee still at work?  Working 12-15 hour days?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, izabella said:

If that happens, no one will be available to help her because they'll all be over at Delilah's consoling her for the tragedy of locking her keys in her car or helping her take the garbage out.

I thought of that seeing something similar happen in real life and on tv. That way Katherine is spared the baby reveal, Theos with dad and a bunch of fans will hate them !☹️

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't think it's her usually giving less than her best. More that she took the time to go over the top with being out on the floor, greeting the customers and consistently chatting with them to make sure it was known that she was heavily involved in each person. Typically, a restaurant owner/head chef doesn't have the time to be out in the restaurant all night. But when you know someone important is coming, I think it's either human instinct (or TV cliche) to be over the top perfect.

You're right, of course. I just don't expect chef/owners to come to my table at fancy places (though we are friendly with the same in a couple of our favorite low rent restaurants). I was, however, pissed at Rome who could have held his shit together since it was supposed to be an important night for his wife.

2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I know I'm bringing my own baggage into this viewing, but this whole storyline pissed me off.

We all do, it's what makes our responses so different and interesting to read.

56 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

i like that Gary and Maggie are getting closer, but the stop off at the hospital was ridiculous.  I thought it was supposed to be pretty late by the time they got done dealing with everyone else’s problems, so why was the same employee still at work?  Working 12-15 hour days?

I don't know about nurses in chemo units (and would doubt Linda would still be there), but nurses do indeed work shifts that long in some places, which I found out in an embarrassing manner. My father was complaining about his nurse from the previous afternoon, so I spoke to the nurse on shift who was - as it turned out - the same nurse. They worked seriously long shifts at that hospital.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Just rewatched, and have to add that one of my favorite moments was early in the episode when Katherine and Eddie and their mediator were discussing who would be Theo's guardian and why Delilah could no longer be it.  The vigorous scratching out of Delilah's name was very funny!

I laughed at that, I thought he was going to say OK.

How old is Delilah's son?  She is sending him off with a money clip and a few bucks like he's 18 or something.  She should be more concerned about him understanding his feelings and protecting him then telling him and another underage boy they are cute together.  They really write her like an idiot.  I so want Katherine and Eddie to try and make a go of it again, have him realize Delilah was just a distraction when he and "Katie" were having problems.  I guess if that happened down the line the paternity of the baby would cause an issue for them again.  Loved Katherine laying it all out there about Delilah and why she would not be the guardian.  Katherine is quickly becoming my favorite character.  Glad Rome and his brother could have an adult conversation at the end.  Didn't like the dad's behavior.  Disappointed it is a short season for the show I have really been enjoying it.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

How old is Delilah's son?  She is sending him off with a money clip and a few bucks like he's 18 or something.  She should be more concerned about him understanding his feelings and protecting him then telling him and another underage boy they are cute together.  They really write her like an idiot.  I so want Katherine and Eddie to try and make a go of it again, have him realize Delilah was just a distraction when he and "Katie" were having problems.  I guess if that happened down the line the paternity of the baby would cause an issue for them again.  Loved Katherine laying it all out there about Delilah and why she would not be the guardian.  Katherine is quickly becoming my favorite character.  Glad Rome and his brother could have an adult conversation at the end.  Didn't like the dad's behavior.  Disappointed it is a short season for the show I have really been enjoying it.

Gary said she outed a twelve-year-old.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2