Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Heroines in Heels

• Start Topic

After a night of confrontations and one broken glass, the ladies return home with a clear division between the group; as Margaret prepares for her Hospital Heroes event, Melissa continues to search for answers about her father.

Airs 02/06/19 at 9:00 PM Eastern

• Love 2

T is fucking insane .... demon Danielle has never done anything to you? I’m sorry have past seasons totally slipped from this woman’s mind? She knows exactly what Danielle does she’s just ignoring it for some reason. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14

I continue to enjoy Dolores this season. It was nice to see her call Tre out for blindly defending the lunatics. 

But if I were Melissa? I'd say "fuck smoothing things over with my SIL"; I'd stay in the hotel room and order burgers!

Tre is never going to be persuaded. She just doesn't want to be on the receiving end of Danielle's shit. Because no one goes for the jugular like Danielle. 

I never related to Melissa more than when Joe stated how good the kids were while she was gone; and she said, "Yea, because you give them whatever they want." My. Life. 

So Bill is late because he had to catch up at work, but still needs to run to his homes office the minute he arrives? It's so obvious he uses work to avoid his family. 

Why was Margaret wearing giant Thor's Hammers from her ears at the charity event?

• Love 14

I would have liked to have seen more of the fashion show.  That was a highlight in the history if housewives.

Margaret did a beautiful thing. 25,000 is great.  I thought it would have been more though with the crowd that attended.  I'm not trying to snark. It just surprised me.

• Love 16

Melissa and Dolores tell Teresa Jennifer breaking the glass ato Melissa was Cray, Teresa talks about what Marge said. Marge reminds Teresa Danielle said she called Teresa untrustworthy when she didn't, to drive a wedge and manipulate Teresa, Teresa says "Danielle didn't do anything to me." This seems like a new level of existing in a different world for Teresa. 

Jackie seems okay but the sister storyline doesn't work for me. All these years and you want to make nice when you need a story for Housewives?  Hopefully her sisters in on it... 😐

I think I like Bill somewhat. He seems to know what the deal is with his wife and isn't putting on for the drama. Maybe when you have an actual career you don't need to compensate as a househusband? Joe Gorga needs have his ass kicked but he was on point this episode. He can be amusing but not nearly as often as he thinks. Melissa was on point all episode until she said "Joe doesn't need to change how he thinks just tone it down with the kids." No he needs to change his mindset.  Melissa pegged Jennifer exactly "she thinks she's the fun kind of drunk, she's not." That's it. That's why Jennifer didn't get drunk with the kids there at the Communion. Jennifer thinks this is entertainment and it's not. 

OMG they were raising money for Cohen! Back when it was Schneiders I spent a lot or time there. Actually probably as Cohens too my last extended stay was 2003 (various medical problems, but not cancer as they were raising,for. ) It's a big Children's Hospital and I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that place. Okay so maybe I'll blindly defend Margaret for the rest of the season like Tre and Danielle. 

I'm almost sorry, but, "prostitution whore" will always be a classic insult. 

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Jackie seems okay but the sister storyline doesn't work for me. All these years and you want to make nice when you need a story for Housewives?  Hopefully her sisters in on it... 😐

When your storyline is the ability to make a phone call that's pretty bad. Then again, Melissa is wondering about maybe looking for a sister that may or may not exist. Are we sure it isn't the same sister as Jackie's? No, this isn't Days of Our Lives.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Hold up ...did anyone else see the preview of next episode? Did Jennifer's husband just say he kept her away from tequila for 16 years?

Yes.  I kind of saw him in a different light tonight.  He still seems like he can barely tolerate her or the kids but it’s becoming clearer why.

• Love 14

Could someone explain Marge's children/stepson situation?  I'm very confused.  The guy at the party was Marge's stepson from her former husband Jan (?) ?  But I thought they weren't talking to her.  But the one at the party isn't talking to his father but is talking to Marge?  And last week's thread there was talk of Marge having a biological son?

Does Joe have kids?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Hold up ...did anyone else see the preview of next episode? Did Jennifer's husband just say he kept her away from tequila for 16 years?

Was that from the previews, or during the charity event?  But, yes, he did say it.  I've seen people change like that with tequila - it really isn't everyone's cup of fun!  

Aside from Bill being checked out of their marriage (and, seeing his wife and kids, can't say I blame him), he doesn't bother me too much - he seems personable enough.  

Can't wait for next week though, when Margaret shoves Marty into the pool!!  

And, I loved the charity event - I hope that Margaret keeps with this!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I'm almost sorry, but, "prostitution whore" will always be a classic insult

Lol! To this day, hubs and I use that consistently when something ends in "ion." See: calculation, mutation, configuration,  trepidation. Just add "whore" to any of them. It works for us! At least a weekly laugh thanks to the bonehead Tre.

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

So Bill is late because he had to catch up at work, but still needs to run to his homes office the minute he arrives? It's so obvious he uses work to avoid his family. 

Did he even greet (kiss, hug, come over, shake hands) Jennifer when he came into the kitchen ? Then she runs and fixes him a plate, which I don't think all of kids were eating at that point, to take back to his office ? 

• Love 3

Theresa’s constant repeating words hurt but than glossing over that Jennifer and Danielle have said tons of hurtful things to Margaret. It’s like she can’t even straight in her own head why she is holding Margaret to a higher standard than the other two.

of course I can’t see how someone who was present at the wedding could come away thinking Danielle was the wronged one. Hell at one point it even seemed like Danielle knew that she had gone too far.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11

I think Jennifer has a hard time speaking up for what she wants in her marriage because she was raised that tradition and "old school values" are the way things are supposed to be. Nothing wrong with being traditional but if you have five kids -- most people who need a little help from their spouse. She isn't a single parent. It seems like her husband doesn't agree with how she's raising the kids - he think's she doesn't discipline them enough, ect. It could be cultural or the fact that he is busy with his job - but he is leaving all the parenting up to her and then complaining about how she does it. Jennifer is obviously annoyed with this and it comes up in other ways.

I didn't like that when he came home he went to his office - the children wanted to see him. I think at the very least, her husband could try to make time to have dinner with his children every night.

• Love 8

Jackie hasn't spoken to her sister in 15 years and she has her nbr in her phone ??? The sister knows Jackie's nbr to pick up call ? The conversation ends with "I love you"...

Did Jackie ever say what the beef was b/w them ?

Speaking of kin'folk - I can't with all of Marge Jr's people... Yeah - she lost me with that explanation of who was who and why..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Because it cannot be said enough: Teresa is a bloody moron.

So, “words hurt”.... I guess only Marge’s words hurt not Danielle’s or Jennifer’s?

Her blind loyalty to Danielle just doesn’t make sense....but then I’m not a moron.... well, at least I don’t think so! [rushes off to consult someone who might be objective.....someone NOT my husband 😆]

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Is Danielle blackmailing Teresa?  That's the only reason I can think of for T's blind loyalty.  That, or it's fake and production-driven.

Next week is the finale already?  It always seems like NJ's seasons end abruptly.  So much for Jackie and Melissa's long-lost-sister storylines.

Dolores and The Marge continue to be awesome.  Those kids were adorable and looked like they really loved the gowns.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

A Lolly siting is just as thrilling for me as a River or Bambi one.  If Lolly were to go missing, she may or may not be living in the suburbs of Atlanta.  I’ll never tell. 

OMG yes how cute was she?? And she's all 'my humans are giving the car a bath? Am I next? Just in case imma hide over here'

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Lol! To this day, hubs and I use that consistently when something ends in "ion." See: calculation, mutation, configuration,  trepidation. Just add "whore" to any of them. It works for us! At least a weekly laugh thanks to the bonehead Tre.

I need to test this out now!

The only ways Teresa's mindset makes sense to a rational person would be if somewhere in her mind, she knows Danielle is a mess and therefore is holding Marge to a higher standard because Marge isn't crazy. Or Danielle knows things. I mean, look at the two women who were talking about Joe Gi. Kim D, though she was using the "We heard", but she was supposedly Teresa's long time friend, and of course Jaqu Laurita. Jaqu was straight up running her mouth at the season 4 reunion like it was stuff Teresa had told her in private over the years of actual friendship. That's a betrayal. I mean Jaqu is unstable and I was done with her the second she also said at that reunion "I swear on my child WHO'S AUTISTIC!" (I've had to hard time even looking at her after that, on many levels, having a disability since birth that set something off with me to her, my mom stopped watching because of her/that too.) That doesn't mean her rambling wasn't true. It probably was. As was what Teresa then said about Chris. But Teresa has to get it through her head that Joe himself put it out there! That was him in Napa. The C word came from his mouth as did the, uh, grunts. That was him who told Andy that that call costs him some expensive gifts. Also, with Jennifer she was moving on, maybe in part because she and Marge aren't friends. There's a lower standard from someone who you don't know well and haven't been getting along with, and people that came to see you in the hospital when you had your baby talking about your husband.

Melissa was giving Danielle info at one point. Teresa was friends with Danielle, and Jaqu and Danielle were super buddy-buddy, any of the three could have given her ammo. Maybe that was Danielle's card to get back on the show. Wait for the girls to be out of the house, if they really wanted her off the show, and then use it to get her place back. Teresa also could be dense enough to have given Danielle info post prison. I don't know why the hell she would, but I don't know why the hell she does a lot of things.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

When your storyline is the ability to make a phone call that's pretty bad. Then again, Melissa is wondering about maybe looking for a sister that may or may not exist. Are we sure it isn't the same sister as Jackie's? No, this isn't Days of Our Lives.

Would be epic if it was.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I really liked the juxtaposition of this scene with Jackie's hot husband Evan being present and actually spending time with his kids. He was pretty sweaty too so it seemed like he had been playing soccer with the kids for a while. He seems like a stand up guy. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Last night on WWHL, Andy mentioned Delores had been a correction officer for 6 years.

What?  That's fascinating to me!

I could see that with the way she handles herself lol shes a bitch you don't want to fight with and i love it ... now that Siggy isnt on the show she is her own person....

• Love 8

Teresa can only relate to how things affect her - when Margaret said things about Jennifer’s husband, Tre was flooded with bad feelings about Joe cheating and/or people thinking he did. That’s all there is to her unbalanced reaction - to anything.

• Love 10
On 2/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, Gigi43 said:

I'm almost sorry, but, "prostitution whore" will always be a classic insult.  

Every time I even think about that, I start laughing. It's just hilarious.

Margaret, Jennifer and Danielle have put out the insults in spades. Margaret with that stuff about Jennifer's husband sleeping with someone else showed she can go for the jugular every bit as well as Danielle. I think Theresa is trying to ignore it all because she's trying to stay all "namaste" as well as she was triggered by the cheating talk. But she seriously looks spaced out. I'm glad Melissa and she are staying friends during this. I love it that they are getting along and I hate it when they fight. Melissa is going the extra mile here to keep the peace.

I'm electing Dolores my hero for now. I've really liked her this season. I also think she and Frank should just remarry and get it over with already, lol.

I love the kids' gowns idea and I hope it really takes off everywhere. Then they can start with the adult gowns. Those prints are horrible. Honestly, I'd rather wear the old white ones than those geometric prints which look like someone raided my grandfather's closet. What's wrong with pink for women? The little Ukrainian girl from 90 Day Fiancé was wearing one in her Russian hospital, so I think we could keep up.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 4
On 2/7/2019 at 12:08 AM, Miss Slay said:

. She isn't a single parent. It seems like her husband doesn't agree with how she's raising the kids - he think's she doesn't discipline them enough, ect. It could be cultural or the fact that he is busy with his job - but he is leaving all the parenting up to her and then complaining about how she does it

Her kids are horribly in need of discipline, IMO, and he really needs to step up and help, or at least spend some time with them. They make me cringe, always whining about what they want.

• Love 1

Jennifer and Bill must be operating under a different set of rules (Turkish? Dickish?) where the father pays for the food and house, the mother prepares the food and decorates the house - and nobody actually raises the kids.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, renatae said:

Her kids are horribly in need of discipline, IMO, and he really needs to step up and help, or at least spend some time with them. They make me cringe, always whining about what they want.

My guess is that he has tried to impose discipline and set boundaries, but as soon as he's out the door Jennifer goes back to giving in to their demands. I bet Bill is exhausted - mentally and physically. But their lifestyle demands a high income, so it's not like he's going to quit his job so he can be at home just to counter-balance Jennifer's crappy parenting. I also think Jennifer wants Bill to think she has a hard job so she is seen as contributing something to the relationship (if you leave me, these kids become your problem 50% of the time, buddy). It's sad because I think it has the opposite effect, and makes him want to leave.

• Love 4

Agree with all the commentary on Jennifer and famille- and just find that at times she is very down to earth and sincere but then goes off the handle when she drinks. YES I did hear that comment her hubby made about keeping her  away from the tequila and though it was curious.

The family dynamics are quite off- and in particular the youngest girl is really in need of parenting. I know it's hard with cameras on and she might even be acting up or out a bit more  but still- rather obnoxious. sorry I know the understanding with the housewives is NO COMMENTING on children lol. 

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:59 AM, esco1822 said:

I really liked the juxtaposition of this scene with Jackie's hot husband Evan being present and actually spending time with his kids. He was pretty sweaty too so it seemed like he had been playing soccer with the kids for a while. He seems like a stand up guy. 

Jackie's husband barely talks.  She seems to meddle in everyone's life, but shares very little of her own.  The fake phone call to her sister whom she hasn't spoken to in 15 years - was a poor attempt to have a storyline.  

• Love 5
On February 7, 2019 at 8:51 AM, dosodog said:

Last night on WWHL, Andy mentioned Delores had been a correction officer for 6 years.

I remember that being mentioned in her first season, along with a picture of her in uniform (which I gotta say was pretty hot)

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Jackie's husband barely talks.  She seems to meddle in everyone's life, but shares very little of her own.  The fake phone call to her sister whom she hasn't spoken to in 15 years - was a poor attempt to have a storyline.  

I've decided that Jackie's issue is that she and her family are too normal.  And on reality TV, normal equals boring.  She seems smart, can hold her own, but there's no umph behind her - perhaps because she didn't grow up in Paterson, or wasn't a stripper or prostitution whore?  And her husband seems like a perfectly normal person, and engaged dad but hasn't been arrested or filed for bankruptcy (and I would assume he wants to keep his presence to a minimum, doesn't he have a legitimately successful career with a finance firm?  I can imagine the partners frowning a bit if he were to be throwing punches at a christening).  And her kids act in an age appropriate manner.  Her house is nice but not gaudy or tacky, and not the biggest house in Bergen county.   In other words, there is not much too snark on.  I mean...her lip injections are uneven and in her TH it looks like she was having a bit of trouble moving her mouth but that's nothing compared to the others.  

Even her sister feud seems false.  She hasn't spoken in 15 years but there was no real falling out they just don't have much in common and don't like each other.  But her parents couldn't have everybody together?  I cry false.  I suspect they have seen each other at family events but that's it.  And that doesn't make a compelling storyline.  All that says to me is that in real life you and your sister were being so bitchy that you wouldn't break bread together a few times a year for the sake of your parents.  

I'm going to guess that one of two things happens.  Either this show will eek out one more season to see what happens to the Giudice family and then call it a day, and Jackie and Jen will both be there for that.  OR they will get rid if Danielle, keep the cast as is but bring in another "friend" from Tenafly or Paramus, and up the ante around that, and Jackie will either bring it then or be off the show.   You can't be normal for too long.  

Was anybody besides me disappointed that hospital heroes only raised 25,000?  I mean, come on.  The housewives alone could have covered that and much more.  They spend close to that on Christmas.  

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, Gigi43 said:

Melissa and Dolores tell Teresa Jennifer breaking the glass ato Melissa was Cray, Teresa talks about what Marge said. Marge reminds Teresa Danielle said she called Teresa untrustworthy when she didn't, to drive a wedge and manipulate Teresa, Teresa says "Danielle didn't do anything to me." This seems like a new level of existing in a different world for Teresa. 

I HATE the "well they didn't do anything to ME" argument.  It's so narcissistic.  If someone treats their other friends like shit, you're totally cool with it, so long as they don't cross YOU?  GTFOH with that.   How someone treats others speaks to their character.  Why do you want to hang out with someone who repeatedly shows bad character?  Don't you give a shit about the people they're mistreating?  Or screw everyone else so long as YOU'RE okay?  It's such a shitty attitude to have, and I would expect nothing less from Tre. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, sATL said:

Did he even greet (kiss, hug, come over, shake hands) Jennifer when he came into the kitchen ? Then she runs and fixes him a plate, which I don't think all of kids were eating at that point, to take back to his office ? 

She's just being a good, traditional Turkish wife! (gag)

• Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, dosodog said:

That's been known for a couple of seasons now.   She said it herself on the show, I think it was last season.  They even showed a picture of her in her uniform.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, QQQQ said:

My guess is that he has tried to impose discipline and set boundaries, but as soon as he's out the door Jennifer goes back to giving in to their demands. I bet Bill is exhausted - mentally and physically. But their lifestyle demands a high income, so it's not like he's going to quit his job so he can be at home just to counter-balance Jennifer's crappy parenting. I also think Jennifer wants Bill to think she has a hard job so she is seen as contributing something to the relationship (if you leave me, these kids become your problem 50% of the time, buddy). It's sad because I think it has the opposite effect, and makes him want to leave.

I don't think he does ANY disciplining at all. The raising of the kids is a woman's job in their marriage. A man's job is to provide for the family. He avoids his family like the plague. He does find the time to criticize Jennifer's parenting skills but does very little of it himself. He is totally unplugged as a parent and husband. Sure, he's earning the big bucks that keep Jennifer swimming in Chanel and expensive jewelry but other than that I don't see them as being on the same page when it comes to working together as parents. And frankly, based on their family life and poor parenting, I think they are both huge failures as parents and in a few years it will be a real horror show when the kids are all teenagers. Bill can hide out at the office or run to his home office the minute he gets in the house now but when these kids hit adolescence the effects of their disastrous parenting will be mind blowing. 

• Love 2
On 2/6/2019 at 10:49 PM, Bronzedog said:

Yes.  I kind of saw him in a different light tonight.  He still seems like he can barely tolerate her or the kids but it’s becoming clearer why.

I kind of like him! He seems so chill.

Some of the previous posts are reminding me how much I, too, love "prostitution whore" (I laughed out loud as I typed it!) and the table-tip (and I don't like Caroline too much but I loved when she lost it laughing at that whole mess way back when).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

Teresa makes up the rules as she goes along and it always boils down to 'do as I say, not as a I do'. Teresa called out Marge's lie about Jennifer's husband even though Marge immediately copped to it and apologized but she has yet to call out Danielle's lie about how she was told that she shouldn't trust Teresa and Melissa. She also said that Danielle has done nothing to her yet when Kim D. had done nothing to Siggy and Dolores and so they walked in her charity fashion show, Teresa had an issue with that. Danielle is the same way. She and Teresa made it seem like Marge was lower than life for throwing wine at her..as though that's worse than using the wine glass as a weapon. And for all her talk about Marge throwing the drink...didn't her husband throw a drink at Marge's husband at a previous event? Is it only crazy and not classy when it's Marge doing it?

Not going to lie, Jennifer's husband seems to be quite reasonable which I guess balances Jennifer's instinct to react emotionally to everything. I liked that he didn't gloss over and justify Jennifer's actions and simply said she was wrong for her behaviour because breaking a glass and using it as a weapon to threaten someone isn't okay and shouldn't be justified in anyway. I personally wouldn't be impressed with my husband coming home late, getting as far as the kitchen entryway before telling me that he's had a busy day and needs to do work in his office and then rushes off. I know they seem to have a 'traditional' home life where he works and she does takes care of the kids and family but I wonder how much of that is because HE demands it and how much of it is because Jennifer has taken pride in being the cultural wife and has set a precedence and created expectations in her marriage. My initial reaction here is that he can't be all the demanding and cultural if he was agreeable to have his wife join a reality TV show and have her going on trips while he either has to take care of the kids or figure out alternate arrangements for the kids to be taken care of. A really traditional man wouldn't be down for that. I suspect that his being absent a lot and her catering to both him and their children is a combination of both their faults. On the topic of Jennifer, have to say, Jennifer at the charity event looked great! Easily the best she's looked all season to me.

Dolores is so much more likeable without crazy Siggy as her bestie...either she's closer to Siggy than Teresa or she's learned from her experience with Siggy last season but she's not letting bad behaviour be overlooked...even when her childhood friend is one of the people defending it.

• Love 12
On 2/7/2019 at 1:16 AM, sATL said:

Jackie hasn't spoken to her sister in 15 years and she has her nbr in her phone ??? The sister knows Jackie's nbr to pick up call ? The conversation ends with "I love you"...

Did Jackie ever say what the beef was b/w them ?

Speaking of kin'folk - I can't with all of Marge Jr's people... Yeah - she lost me with that explanation of who was who and why..

I haven't spoken to one of my brothers in years (at least a decade) and we have each other's numbers in our phones in case something comes up with our parents. He will say "I love you", when he 'accidentally' calls me rather than a brother, but I refuse to acknowledge. If I am visiting my parents and he comes over, I leave, I do not cause a fuss or ask anyone to make a choice between us, but I will not be in his presence. Yes, what he did is *that* horrific.

To bring it back on topic, my impression is that there wasn't some huge falling out between Jackie and her sister, but more like they just generally rub each other the wrong way. (I am completely open  to having that impression corrected, as I don't pay close attention)

Edited by connieinnc
  • Love 2