Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: The Greater Good

chitowngirl

As much as I don't care about Samantha, it was nice to see Nancy Palk, one of the best Canadian stage actors, playing her former foster mother. I still don't get why the kid had to sell drugs to support them but whatever.

The Stu storyline is something I never wanted to revisit, but Eric Palladino and Neal McDonough showed up so yay.

It's hard to know who to root for sometimes.  Cahill is a complex guy, breaks some rules, looks the other way sometimes, but he does have a moral code and ultimately is trying to do "the greater good".  Same with Harvey and the rest, I suppose.  They're mostly self-absorbed assholes, but they saved the jobs of "hundreds of innocent people" so whatever deals had to be made, whatever laws had to be broken, was worth it (maybe).  Pavonotti was also (mostly) for the greater good, but he chose the blackmail route, which is the reason Cahill came down on him.

I couldn't figure out what Katrina and Brian decided.  Did she decide that she can work with him after all, and then after a year, he'll be a great lawyer and not be an associate any more?  So it's resolved (again), for now?

I don't care about Donna and Thomas, at all.

Harvey called Mike, reminding us that he is still alive in this universe.  I guess it made sense, as Mike was involved in the original case.  It also made sense that Harvey got Mike's voicemail.

Blabbing just to blab.  Seems very few are still watching this show, fewer still bother to comment on it.  I don't blame you.

I noticed because our DVR is set to record the series, first-run episodes only.  One day I noticed there were two episodes, so I knew it was back.  But it's not the "must see" show that it used to be.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:48 PM, Orbert said:

Harvey called Mike, reminding us that he is still alive in this universe.  I guess it made sense, as Mike was involved in the original case.  It also made sense that Harvey got Mike's voicemail.

Yes, but it should’ve been Mike’s voice & not the automated robot lady’s. It made me sad. I guess I just miss Mike. I miss him and Harvey cooking up some barely legal strategy. 

• Love 1

But then they would have had to pay Patrick J. Adams to "appear" in this episode, which is why Harvey got Mike's voicemail.  I would've loved a quick guest appearance by Mike, too.  It's like when they refer to Jessica and what she's up to, just to remind us that she's off the show but the character is still alive; they didn't "kill her off".

Other shows do that, too, have characters make references to characters who aren't on any more, mention that they talked to them recently or something.  On the one hand, it seems realistic that it would happen once in a while, but at the same time it's obvious that the writers are doing it to remind us that those characters are still alive (and maybe to keep the door open for a guest appearance down the road sometime).

• Love 1