Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E06 Lacey's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

She doesn't deserve this lifestyle?  She did it to herself.

Once again, an obesee who bemoans her fate, but she did it to herself. As a kid, she probably needed adult guidance, but by time she got to high school, she could have been more proactive in her own health. 

• Love 9

Rest from what?  You sit on your butt all day. 

She's resting for a visit for her real friends ... Ben and Jerry.

Her mom's a binge eater herself, who had no clue what to do when the pediatrician said her 12 year old was much too heavy. She's now had gastric bypass herself. Oh-kay.

Her dad can't deal with it and has checked out.

But, Lacey has, like, FRIENDS. Whoa. 

And she lives in a decent house and doesn't have somebody wiping her *ss and takes her own showers.

This is interesting.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Gbb said:

You know, I detest the “you have such a pretty face” thing, but Lacy would actually be very pretty at a more normal weight. 

Was thinking the same thing. Her face doesn't look like that of a super obese person either.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Shes getting multiple fast food plaves per meal...

Also hi Im splashes! My eating habit tonightnis nothing because I had a nice lunch.

Hey Splashes come on in 'cause the water's fine! Get it, see what I did, since your screen name is Splashes and uuuuuuhhhhh, nevermind.........😄

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

She's resting for a visit for her real friends ... Ben and Jerry.

Hahahaha! And Papa John.

3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Her mom's a binge eater herself, who had no clue what to do when the pediatrician said her 12 year old was much too heavy. She's now had gastric bypass herself. Oh-kay.

Her dad can't deal with it and has checked out.

But, Lacey has, like, FRIENDS. Whoa. 

And she lives in a decent house and doesn't have somebody wiping her *ss and takes her own showers.

This is interesting.

She is far too busy shoveling food down her maw to spend time online looking for a butt wiper/caretaker. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I was abusing bagels and put on some weight. Not much but enough to feel uncomfortable. My ankles, knees, and hips hurt. I already feel better after dropping a few pounds. If 10 extra can make me hurt so bad, how are these people not in agony at 400+ pounds overweight? How is the pain not impetus for them to clean up their acts?

They don't connect it that way.  To them pain equals "need something good to balance it, therefore eat" instead of "I eat too much, hence pain, hence I need to eat less".

6 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

How on earth did she manage to get a house?  Not a terrible place either.... we've seen FAR worse.

Maybe it's one of those towns in Michigan where there are no jobs anymore and people will rent houses for next to nothing so they are not sitting empty and left to squatters...  I have heard you can buy a place for 10-20K

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Anyone else waiting for the back end of that car to tip up and they'll have to drive the car on the front two wheels?

Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I will share this.  Got lazy for a few years and put on a shitload of weight by being stupid.  Had sleeve gastrectomy Nov 2016.  Lost 295 lbs.  Waist size went from a 64 to a 38.  You cannot imagine how great I feel every day and how much energy I have.

Wow! Congratulations!! That's awesome! 

• Love 2

Poooouuuunnndddeeerrrrs!!! I'm late and trying to play catch up. Eating habit is dill pickle chips and chicken strips because I'm eating my feelings tonight. This week is only 3 days in and feels like I've lived through Wednesday about 7 times.

Oh boy. I have thoughts tonight. Haven't organized them quite yet but this looks like it's going to be a helluva ride. You can just feel that the dynamic between Lacey and her mother is going to create some serious sparks. I'mma fasten my seatbelt and grab the virtual "oh shit" bar and hold on...

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I will share this.  Got lazy for a few years and put on a shitload of weight by being stupid.  Had sleeve gastrectomy Nov 2016.  Lost 295 lbs.  Waist size went from a 64 to a 38.  You cannot imagine how great I feel every day and how much energy I have.

you are an inspiration and good for you! So glad you feel better!

• Love 2

I think you are onto something here. She demonstrates a great deal of verbal insight,  but no corresponding behaviors to follow what she says she thinks. I'm afraid she's going to be difficult.

• Love 7

Congratulations! I know how much work and commitment that took.  

• Love 2