Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Head of Household #4; POV#4; Live Eviction #4

• Start Topic

Oh, Tom. I'm going to say this in the most Canadian way possible. I'm sorry but kindly take your "FUN FUN FUN!" and shove it up your ass, please and thank you. 

All my "I Can't (So Don't)" was directed to Natalie Eva Marie Katelyn Sheila Rose. Her smug (well, okay, that's my issue with Lolo, too). Her shitty makeup application. Her need to be Haleigh and compliment Julie every time she goes to vote although she's lacking Haleigh's thesaurus because all Natalie Eva Marie Erika Molly Kaye can come up with is "amazing". Oh, and a little bit went towards Julie's ill-fitting dress sleeves. 

Kato, you're not as funny as you think you are. I'd even argue that you're not funny at all. 

• Love 7

Tom and Kato had good eviction speeches. Tom's was basically "vote for me, keep Kato."

Ricky:  Kato

Kandi:  Kato

Dina:  Kato

Lolo:  Kato

Natalie:  Kato

Good-bye, Kato! I liked him on CBB.  But he sure is in a hurry to leave, he kind of shrugs off the hug attempts.

• Love 1

I liked hearing about "Tomato" was a thing on the internet.  Other than that, blah.  

Except, Gallagher is now a hundred years old.  When did that happen?  It's still the 70s, right?  

• Love 12

And America's most famous houseguest is evicted. Got chills when Ricky called him "Kato Kaelin." Not been a good couple episodes for folks that were famous in the 90s.

At least Tamar is smart to recognize Lolo and Natalie as a threat that need to be broken up.

I hate Dan from Survivor Worlds Apart, but I can't help but hear his "flippers. never. win." whenever I see Lolo or Natalie. Except I think the rules are slightly different on Big Brother.

Ricky still flying under the radar.

• Love 3

Kato? Sit your ass down. Oh wait he was sitting, okay then how about STFU? And enough with the emphatic hand/arm gestures. You really could have just sat and spoke with Julie. Many people have done it before. Oh and she totally busted you as well. Pipe down.

So, I don't like Lolo (or her Glamour Shots player photo) or Tamar but tonight showed me I want our first winner with 63 first names. Who knew? Maybe she put a spell on me when she was wearing that witches hat? But I was finding myself cheering for someone to win and make it so she couldn't be backdoored.

So it's looking like Dina will Victoria her way into at least being a swing vote, eh? Interesting. (Maybe?)

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Except, Gallagher is now a hundred years old.  When did that happen?  It's still the 70s, right?  

I'm wondering if he's lost his trademark rights to 'SLEDGE-O-MATIC'!! As he used to say that before and during smashing everything. This was a sad flashback...

• Love 3

So in a time-honored tradition, the twist fizzles out with the "Power of the Publicist" amounting to a grand total of ZERO in the scheme of things.

Okay Kato back to Rockingham with you-his whole casting as I've said before is troubling...in his intro, they even use the gates with an orange representing OJ. Hopefully, Kato has some self-awareness for him to be yucking it up in the BB house and hitting on Jule is a direct benefit from "The Crime of the Century". It's time for him to go back to obscurity.

Y'know LoLo really isn't that pretty because she has this bizarre, oddly shaped face. Google the Wayne Boring Superman comics from the 1950's and you'll see the same bizarre shape to the faces there.

Dina is a complete "fill in the blank" or placeholder character if I ever saw one...she brings NOTHING to this show. It'd be funny if she won!

Someone needs to glue that wig on Tamar's head because she becomes beautiful when it on...the bald look not so much...no not at all actually.

Speaking of her unless she was on quaaludes at the nomination ceremony she sounded just like a normal human being not the over the top stereotype she has been playing in the DR. I would have liked to see more of that Tamar B.

At the end of the day, I would much rather have had them run the cycle of AMAZING RACE between the two SURVIVOR seasons instead of this. That would have been much more enjoyable.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Tom says the unanimous vote for Joey was like a blindside in his favor. Ha!

Natalie, Kandi is a grownup - she can talk to Tom and Kato if she wants. And Kandi makes a lot of sense.

Natalie always seems to be very bothered when she sees anyone talking to Tom and Kato.  It makes her very uncomfortable, for some reason.  I hate that kind of nonsense.  It's so childish, and it's so unnecessary.    There's no reason people can't be polite to each other and try to make the best of their remaining time in the house, just so things are not so uncomfortable. 

• Love 9

Tom and Kato had everyone playing for veto who would save them by taking one of them off and Bald Lady would backdoor Purple Hair.  Except Lolo.  Loved she won because this whole veto challenge was so stacked pro-Tomato that the so-called "random draw" we weren't allowed to see take place seemed awfully suspicious to me.  I was so glad when Lolo won but I wish Tom had gone instead of Kato.  (God, Tom's "speech" went on and on and on forever).

Edited by green
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Okay Kato back to Rockingham with you-his whole casting as I've said before is troubling...in his intro, they even use the gates with an orange representing OJ. Hopefully, Kato has some self-awareness for him to be yucking it up in the BB house and hitting on Jule is a direct benefit from "The Crime of the Century". It's time for him to go back to obscurity.

Amen!  Kato was the houseguest whose win would have made me feel ill and for exactly that reason.  And his screaming about all the beautiful women was gross.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, green said:

God, Tom's "speech" went on and on and on forever

I've reached the point that I can't even with both the pre-veto and pre-vote ramblings. Don't watch'em. Then I know from messages here if someone drops a bomb/says something game-effecting. Then I save myself having to watch them, it's gotten that out of control for me. They just tapdance on a last nerve for me.

• Love 6

Well we have to at least say 'yay' that Gallagher can still lift the sledge hammer at all, being as he's at least 109 years old. Hell, the fact that he can even stand under his own power at all is a feat. He opened for some concert I was at almost 40 years ago ( I remember because my niece was with us and she was  maybe 3 years old and she's now almost 41 ) and I swear, it's like exactly the same thing ! That a guy can make a living all these years, doing something that wasn't all that funny, to be honest, in the 1st place-- well, like him or not, that is impressive !

As for the game, I'm barely making it thru. I have about as much interest as I did in that other little game yesterday ( which is not much, well none) ,but I guess since its such an abbreviated season, I'll see it to the end. But I just can't get excited about it, no matter what happens.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, willco said:

Well we have to at least say 'yay' that Gallagher can still lift the sledge hammer at all, being as he's at least 109 years old. Hell, the fact that he can even stand under his own power at all is a feat. He opened for some concert I was at almost 40 years ago ( I remember because my niece was with us and she was  maybe 3 years old and she's now almost 41 ) and I swear, it's like exactly the same thing ! That a guy can make a living all these years, doing something that wasn't all that funny, to be honest, in the 1st place-- well, like him or not, that is impressive !

Wait you are saying the guy with the fake sledge hammer did this as part of an act at one time?  I thought some BB junior intern came up with that lame "show" he "performed."

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'm wondering if he's lost his trademark rights to 'SLEDGE-O-MATIC'!! As he used to say that before and during smashing everything. This was a sad flashback...

Gallagher did refer to it as such, twice: at the beginning of his bit as the “Sledge-O-Matic 2.00”, and its little cousin as the “Child’s Sledge-O-Matic”.

• Love 4

Natalie looming over Kandi while ordering her not to speak with Tom and Kato make me uncomfortable.  I give Kandi props for just sitting there calmly.

If someone did that to Lolo we would find pieces of them in the backyard.

WHY is Dina here.  

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Then she should have put up both Lolo and Natalie when she had the chance.  If one comes down put up Ricky.

I sort of get this, but then she has the other (plus Ricky) gunning for her, when she wasn't on anyone's radar before, and all three have won comps.

That's the problem with a backdoor plan -- it only works if you win Veto. They had a 5/6 chance, and couldn't do it.

I think Tamar was also influenced by Kandi, who didn't want to put the girls up, so it's too bad she developed a serious case of Helen "it's too soon" itis.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

IIRC, he used to do much more than just smash things.  IIRC, he used to have trunks full of gimmicks and hats like Carrot Top.

Yeah, he had a whole lot of stuff.  For whatever reason The Sledgeomatic became what he's known for, but the rest of his act wasn't awful. Better than Jeff Dunham, but he was no George Carlin.  Kind of a hippy Jeff Foxworthy.

I am surprised he didn't get the watermelon on stage.

• Love 3

I had to fast forward through most of the episode because LoLo and Natalie Eva Marie Helen Barbara Louise Carol are making this season practically unwatchable for me.  They're both just so smug and bitchy and unpleasant.  I don't care how pretty they are on the outside, I don't see it anymore now that the ugliness from their personalities is shining through so strong.

All the people I liked are gone so I guess...go Tom?   Bleh...this season blows.

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Bleh...this season blows.

I have to agree.  I can't really remember last CBB season, but I do remember that I enjoyed it and never missed an episode.  I might not bother to stay with this till the end.  I can't root for anyone.  I don't like anyone.  I watch for clever game play and maybe even some back stabbing. But this crew just seem loud, nasty and not very smart.

I do, however, enjoy the short quick season and lack of production interference.  The summer BB just goes on for toooooo long.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Yeah, he had a whole lot of stuff.  For whatever reason The Sledgeomatic became what he's known for, but the rest of his act wasn't awful. Better than Jeff Dunham, but he was no George Carlin.  Kind of a hippy Jeff Foxworthy.

I am surprised he didn't get the watermelon on stage.

I actually met Gallagher back around ‘83 or so, when he was playing a show at MTSU; helluva nice guy, and IMHO he had a pretty good act (several of them over the years, actually). I always thought of him as a REALLY dialed-back George Carlin (primarily because his bread and butter was the college circuit and he liked to get booked); heavy on the satire, but not near as much political commentary.  

The whole Sledge-O-Matic bit started out as a satire of the late-night sell-a-thon commercials (the precursors to today’s infomercials), where overexcited spokesmen would pitch you every kind of cheap piece of shit under the sun - from Pocket Fishermen to electric doggie toothbrushes to turnip twaddlers, and everything in-between - his whole point being these frenetic pitchmen would try to sell you a dressed-up sledgehammer as a kitchen appliance if they thought you’d actually be stupid enough to fucking BUY the shit.  Unfortunately for Gallagher the core irony of the bit went over the heads of most of his audience (drunk college kids, remember?), AND they thought it was funny to get splashed with stuff at his shows - which is how a social commentary piece on rampant consumerism ended up becoming his trademark schtick.

(“POUND cake?  I SHOULD SAY SO!!!”)

;)

• Love 15

*Lowers head*

I used to have a crush on Gallagher back in the day.

That said, I literally screamed when the white haired Yoda like man came out and I realized it was him.....getting old sucks donkey shit!

10 hours ago, TVFan17 said:
13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Natalie, Kandi is a grownup - she can talk to Tom and Kato if she wants. And Kandi makes a lot of sense.

Natalie always seems to be very bothered when she sees anyone talking to Tom and Kato.  It makes her very uncomfortable, for some reason.  I hate that kind of nonsense.  It's so childish, and it's so unnecessary.    There's no reason people can't be polite to each other and try to make the best of their remaining time in the house, just so things are not so uncomfortable. 

Tamar should have told that Kool-Aid headed bitch to step off when she pointed her finger in her face, telling her to 'check' Kandi.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

*Lowers head*

I used to have a crush on Gallagher back in the day.

That said, I literally screamed when the white haired Yoda like man came out and I realized it was him.....getting old sucks donkey shit!

Hell, Gallagher is now more than twice as old as he was when he started his popularity run; we ALL look like shit compared to back then! ;>

• Love 3

Not me....cane aside, I'm still the most sexiest muhfucka that ever muhfucked, LMAO!

Gallagher was okay but he couldn't hold the jockstrap of The Legendary Wid; loved this guy back in the day!

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Tamar should have told that Kool-Aid headed bitch to step off when she pointed her finger in her face, telling her to 'check' Kandi.

I was absolutely astounded that Tamar just sat there while that happened.  I thought being given orders and having a finger pointed in her face would make her lose her shit and I was so disappointed (and surprised) when she basically had no reaction.

• Love 7
Just now, Rachel RSL said:

I was absolutely astounded that Tamar just sat there while that happened.  I thought being given orders and having a finger pointed in her face would make her lose her shit and I was so disappointed (and surprised) when she basically had no reaction.

You kidding?  Tamar having no reaction IS a reaction.  NEMo probably came closer than she knows to getting her makeup blowtorched off from an eruption of Mount St. Tamar.  :)

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Well, in that case, I feel ripped off that we didn't get to see an eruption!  

Well... part of it was also probably floating somewhere in the area of bemused contempt as well.  When Natalie just out-of-the-blue walks up on Tamar wagging her finger and saying “YOU need to CHECK your GIRL”, my immediate reaction was, “My, my - look at how badass and down-with-it little Miss WhiteTits is trying to talk” - so I wouldn’t be too surprised if Tamar’s reaction might not have been somewhere in the same general vicinity.  ;>

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well... part of it was also probably floating somewhere in the area of bemused contempt as well.  When Natalie just out-of-the-blue walks up on Tamar wagging her finger and saying “YOU need to CHECK your GIRL”, my immediate reaction was, “My, my - look at how badass and down-with-it little Miss WhiteTits is trying to talk” - so I wouldn’t be too surprised if Tamar’s reaction might not have been somewhere in the same general vicinity.  ;>

I might not live in North Philly anymore, but the projects are still ingrained in me.....motherfucker points their finger in my face you'd best be shooting me or that's your ass!!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Nashville said:

My immediate reaction would have been "Get your fucking finger out of my face before I rip it off and shove it up your ass." Only there probably would have been more cursing involved.  (You would be amazed at how many curse words I can fit into one sentence.)

• Love 6
14 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Y'know LoLo really isn't that pretty because she has this bizarre, oddly shaped face. Google the Wayne Boring Superman comics from the 1950's and you'll see the same bizarre shape to the faces there.

Someone needs to glue that wig on Tamar's head because she becomes beautiful when it on...the bald look not so much...no not at all actually.

Random thoughts but first, regarding North of Eden's post - Funny - I thought that in the competition where they had to find the mistakes on the magazine covers, that the one with LoLo's selfie was the one with the mistake, but not because the dress color was different, but because the photo on the magazine cover showed LoLo with boobs and I have never seen any female over the age of 7 with less boobs than LoLo. And yes, she does have a very odd shaped jaw-line - like the bottom half of a stop sign??? And then there is the fact that she's bat-shit crazy!

I cannot stand Tamar, but I agree that she was very pretty wearing the wig.

And Kandi's black lipstick is just gross. Don't know how on earth she thinks that looks good.

I miss Kato already. I just think he seems like a nice guy. And I like Tom too. Did not think I'd like either of them, but I do. 

• Love 7

I noticed earlier this season that Natalie has the power to make Tamar be quiet when Tamar's off on a yelling binge. Maybe purple hair is hypnotic.

11 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Random thoughts but first, regarding North of Eden's post - Funny - I thought that in the competition where they had to find the mistakes on the magazine covers, that the one with LoLo's selfie was the one with the mistake, but not because the dress color was different, but because the photo on the magazine cover showed LoLo with boobs and I have never seen any female over the age of 7 with less boobs than LoLo. And yes, she does have a very odd shaped jaw-line - like the bottom half of a stop sign??? And then there is the fact that she's bat-shit crazy!

I thought the mistake in her picture was that the phone was held backwards - the view finder should have been facing Lolo, not outwards.

33 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I miss Kato already. I just think he seems like a nice guy. And I like Tom too. Did not think I'd like either of them, but I do. 

Same here; I like the fact that they will remain friends after this.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

If CBB is going down memory lane when it comes to bringing on comics,  I hope they consider bringing on "The Unknown Comic".

Or the "you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay" guy.  What's Father Guido Sarducci up to now?  And I'm pretty sure Andrew Dice Clay will take your call, no matter how well A Star is Born does at the Oscars.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, phlebas said:

you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay" guy

Oy!  You're bringing back something that I thought I'd never have to experience again.

Just for that, I'ma torment your ass with it!

• Love 5

Wow.  I started wondering why LoLo is so annoying and entitled and I thought maybe it had something to do with immaturity because she's still pretty young but I just Googled her age and the woman is 36 YEARS OLD.  Maybe that's common knowledge but I've never heard of her before CBB and she looks young so I had her pegged at early 20s. (And was kind of wondering why it was such a big deal for her to still be a virgin.) But she's 36 and still behaves that way?? Damn! Maybe she should just bite the bullet and get herself laid already.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

But she's 36 and still behaves that way?? Damn! Maybe she should just bite the bullet and get herself laid already.

With her attitude and temper? It's no wonder. If she wants to get laid, she might just have to put a profile on Tindr, or whatever.

• Love 6