Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/4/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Oh good grief - we had snow here today and local channels made it a huge deal and the show (on at 10a) preempted.

So I went to their facebook page to see some clips. Now their clips have commercials in the middle of them! ABC is so desperate for money and milks this show the most!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, bannana said:

What did NutMeg bark at Abby, when she mentioned Lady Gaga?

Something about loving her or being obsessed with her. 

9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Aziz Ansari? 🤷‍♀️

That’s who I thought too. But wouldn’t he be on the bill?  Unless he’s going low key right now. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, pinguina said:

Also something I noticed - During the discussion about asking a parent's permission for marrying the daughter, Sunny seemed to try to include MM in discussion.  MM looked pissed off by Sunny asking her about how/what her father did/said.  MM seemed so angry about it.

A.  It wasn't on her blue note cards, so she didn't know the answer.  

B.  Only MM can bring up her father, Dammit! 

C.  So When isn't she angry?  

(Spoiler...when she's drinking on Fridays or a (fake) acquaintance, I mean, "friend" is on). 

• Love 20
17 minutes ago, Tosia said:
11 hours ago, pinguina said:

Also something I noticed - During the discussion about asking a parent's permission for marrying the daughter, Sunny seemed to try to include MM in discussion.  MM looked pissed off by Sunny asking her about how/what her father did/said.  MM seemed so angry about it.

A.  It wasn't on her blue note cards, so she didn't know the answer.  

B.  Only MM can bring up her father, Dammit! 

C.  So When isn't she angry?  

(Spoiler...when she's drinking on Fridays or a (fake) acquaintance, I mean, "friend" is on). 

That could have been a really nice story.  It was relevant to the topic at hand and yet Meghan is pissy about it.  As my grandmother used to say she is being contrary.   Meghan is never going to be "one of the girls" at that table.  She is antagonistic on purpose.  She has watch enough Real Housewives to know how to be the one that gets the attention.

• Love 24
56 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That could have been a really nice story.  It was relevant to the topic at hand and yet Meghan is pissy about it.  As my grandmother used to say she is being contrary.   Meghan is never going to be "one of the girls" at that table.  She is antagonistic on purpose.  She has watch enough Real Housewives to know how to be the one that gets the attention.

Maybe that is what she's thinking -- be like RHs.

• Love 12

No, Abby, it won't be McConnell behind Trump tonight, it will be Mike Pence. (Why are her ears so red?  They match her lips.)

According to pundits I heard yesterday, Trump's schedule is not a matter of national security.  It is not classified, so Sunny was incorrect about that. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15

Lord, just a few minutes in and it's already a shitshow! Whoopi - could you please, *please* try to moderate, for once? Everyone talking over each other. And what was up Abbeh's ass? Arguing with Joy that much? Abbeh's ears are bright red (and pointed). She looks like an elf! And it can't be said enough - Meh-gun - S.T.F.U!

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

MY FATHER! He worked like an animal! Thanks for that useless piece of information Meghan.

Telling us she's gonna be on ABC tonight for the SOTU special coverage - I know which channel I won't be watching. Thanks for the head's up, Meghan

Right?  Why will she be there? She’ll be way out of league!

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Ok, it’s official-Abby is annoying. Trump absolutely said he would work so hard, every minute, every day. He wasn’t going to vacation, play golf or even leave the White House very often.

I'm actually glad that Meghan pushed back a little on Abby's justification of Trump's excessive executive time.

"We don't know what he's really doing!"

Yeah, Abby, we kind of do. As Meghan pointed out - anyone with a brain knows he's tweeting like a maniac and watching cable television, mostly Fox & Friends. 

3 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Right?  Why will she be there? She’ll be way out of league!

Like why should we care about her analysis of the SOTU? She's not some scholarly figure well-versed in politics. 

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Like why should we care about her analysis of the SOTU? She's not some scholarly figure well-versed in politics. 

Meghan says she isn't a Trump fan so will she give his address praise or will she give it an honest critique?  Or does she need to have her comments written on blue cards before she says anything?

• Love 14

Joy is spot on about the skin comment. That whole heating cooling discussion was a snoozer and the kind of crap we usually see on pre-taped shows. What-there isn't enough other more interesting stuff to talk about? I mean damn-they didn't even let Meghan do a speech on Russia-she is an expert, don't you know?

This is a screenshot of my homepage. Check out the part where Meghan's picture is. There is some unfortunate abbreviating going on there.

image.thumb.png.a114cfbdb1cc563e51a782e4e4502951.png

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

It's unfortunate, but if we keep viewing people as other and not as our neighbours, friends, or whatever then you won't escape these feelings of bigotry. I disagree with Joy here, because we should be talking about it and realizing that everyone is guilty. That is normal, what isn't normal is not getting help for it or letting it stew to the point of breaking.

I don't mean to disrespect your view on what Joy said but that's not what I understood her to be saying. (She was not terribly clear though) I thought she was saying that lately people just say whatever the want, whenever they want. Where as years ago people were taught if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. Maybe those ugly thoughts were there but they were kept silent. For Joy that was as it should be. People feel emboldened to say anything they want-often anonymously on the internet. Folks who are racist, and bigots and haters then feel there lots of people who feel the same way as they do so they continue to spout their hatred even more. That's what Joy has no tolerance for. I think conversations re racism etc are most important--and I think Joy would agree. As long as they are conversations-serious thoughtful discourses on why we feel as we do and act as we do. Is bigotry an inherent human trait in all of us? Can we overcome it if it is? and a hundred more questions to really think about. Maybe I only heard what I wanted to hear. I don't know. Maybe I'm projecting. I don't think what Liam Neeson said was bad. I think he was confessing something that to this day he is ashamed he did. That takes guts. He said he went out hoping to find people who would start a fight with him so he could act on his rage. Luckily no one did. He got to confession (for Catholics that is a very important first step in admitting you are wrong) and then to therapist to deal with that rage. On a side note--I actually liked what Whoopi said about her "crooked line" she travels.  I'm right next to her on that road. I keep trying...

The reading of what a hate crime is by Meghan was just a waste of time

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Why is the show filled to the brim with relationship babble and Not Topics like what the thermostat is on this week? I guess ABC's trying to shield Meh-gun again, but that dog won't hunt. Put it out of our misery already, ABC.

Really.  So far Sweeps February has not been compelling tv.

• Love 14

Abby frustrates me the most recently because she has the potential to be a Sara/Jedi hybrid who is warm and empathetic but also a “centrist/independent” but she just....ends up stating the obvious. It ends up eating airtime in the same way Whoopis “no, actually” does. 

• Love 15

“Executive time” was made up by John Kelly.  It was to compensate for the fact that the president would walk out of meetings, refuse to read anything unless it was incredibly condensed and constantly sprinkled with his name, and to cover up the endless hours he watched TV and tweeted.  This term allowed him to hole up for huge chunks of time and do nothing but order Diet Coke. 

Thats why the panel has never heard of it. 

1 hour ago, Jewell2 said:

Ok, it’s official-Abby is annoying. Trump absolutely said he would work so hard, every minute, every day. He wasn’t going to vacation, play golf or even leave the White House very often.

Abby’s rose-colored glasses and selective willful ignorance have become as annoying AF to me.  I know it’s a by product of her upbringing and former religion, but it adds nothing, in my opinion.   The term TSTL comes to mind when she acts this way. 

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Abby frustrates me the most recently because she has the potential to be a Sara/Jedi hybrid who is warm and empathetic but also a “centrist/independent” but she just....ends up stating the obvious. It ends up eating airtime in the same way Whoopis “no, actually” does. 

Abby kind of freaked me out when she seemed to suggest she had inside information about Russian-American relationship regarding the weapons treaty. At best it is irritating when you shut down an argument by essentially stating "Have you deep information about Russia?" to Joy. 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

According to his interview, Neeson said he went out looking for a black man. Not just anyone. 

Exactly.  I read the article on the website, which also provided Neeson’s recorded words.  He went out looking for a black man. Any black man.  In fact, his words were he was looking for “some black bastard” to walk out of a pub so he could have a reason to beat him.  He did this for an entire week.  

Neeson has only voiced regret that revenge is wrong - not that he wanted to attack any black man, regardless of their inocence.  He even drudged up the violence in Northern Ireland to excuse it away. 

In his own words he asked his raped friend two questions: Did you know him, and what color was he.  To immediately jump to color in a country as homegenously white as Northern Ireland (1% black in population) is problematic in itself, IMO. 

I’ve never had a problem with Liam Neeson. But the fact that he still thinks revenge is the sole lesson in the decades that have past, and that he has repeated this tale over and over without some sort of ammendment to this story, shows he’s still clueless. 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

Abby kind of freaked me out when she seemed to suggest she had inside information about Russian-American relationship regarding the weapons treaty. At best it is irritating when you shut down an argument by essentially stating "Have you deep information about Russia?" to Joy. 

I caught that too. The way she said it - she was obviously trying to be a smart ass towards Joy. It’s not the first time she’s done it either. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did she pronounce Occam's Razor as Oh-Come? And Intuit as "into IT?"

Sorry, my brain is all fried today and this fever isn't helping.

She did.

Do I think Liam Neeson is a racist today? No. Do I think he had prejudices then and now?  Yes I do.  His wanting to hurt any black man tells me he thought all black men were bad and deserved to be hurt.  If not for the crime against his friend but any crime he thought the probably committed.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

His wanting to hurt any black man tells me he thought all black men were bad and deserved to be hurt.  If not for the crime against his friend but any crime he thought the probably committed.

I know. Good thing it wasn't a white guy who did it or he would have had to beat the shit out of himself any time he looked in the mirror. He may want to drink a big glass of shut the fuck up and hope another famous white guy says something stupid to make everyone forget.  It shan't be long now.

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, longobongo said:

I don't mean to disrespect your view on what Joy said but that's not what I understood her to be saying. (She was not terribly clear though) I thought she was saying that lately people just say whatever the want, whenever they want. Where as years ago people were taught if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. Maybe those ugly thoughts were there but they were kept silent. For Joy that was as it should be. People feel emboldened to say anything they want-often anonymously on the internet. Folks who are racist, and bigots and haters then feel there lots of people who feel the same way as they do so they continue to spout their hatred even more. That's what Joy has no tolerance for. I think conversations re racism etc are most important--and I think Joy would agree. As long as they are conversations-serious thoughtful discourses on why we feel as we do and act as we do. Is bigotry an inherent human trait in all of us? Can we overcome it if it is? and a hundred more questions to really think about. Maybe I only heard what I wanted to hear. I don't know. Maybe I'm projecting. I don't think what Liam Neeson said was bad. I think he was confessing something that to this day he is ashamed he did. That takes guts. He said he went out hoping to find people who would start a fight with him so he could act on his rage. Luckily no one did. He got to confession (for Catholics that is a very important first step in admitting you are wrong) and then to therapist to deal with that rage. On a side note--I actually liked what Whoopi said about her "crooked line" she travels.  I'm right next to her on that road. I keep trying...

The reading of what a hate crime is by Meghan was just a waste of time

Love every word you wrote!!!  Right on!!!

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

“Executive time” was made up by John Kelly.  It was to compensate for the fact that the president would walk out of meetings, refuse to read anything unless it was incredibly condensed and constantly sprinkled with his name, and to cover up the endless hours he watched TV and tweeted.  This term allowed him to hole up for huge chunks of time and do nothing but order Diet Coke. 

Thats why the panel has never heard of it. 

Abby’s rose-colored glasses and selective willful ignorance have become as annoying AF to me.  I know it’s a by product of her upbringing and former religion, but it adds nothing, in my opinion.   The term TSTL comes to mind when she acts this way. 

There was something I found off putting about Abby and I couldn’t put my finger on it.  100% agree with you. I find that she always has the most milquetoast opinions, especially when it comes to social issues. 

Edited by deannanikki
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I caught that too. The way she said it - she was obviously trying to be a smart ass towards Joy. It’s not the first time she’s done it either. 

Viewers, Viewers, Viewers.   We can't seem to please you no matter what we do.  We hired a pretty, insipid young woman with SHINY hair because Ms. McCain ordered it.  Within a very short time, many of you complained (MANY!) that she was a fence-sitter, that she wasn't very smart, that she brought nothing but SHINY hair to the table.  We hired a coach.  Abigail began attended classes and there were favorable comments (mostly from our staff) that she seemed to be getting some gumption. 

The coach is very pleased with her progress...and now this.  NOW THIS!  Are you people never satisfied???

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Viewers, Viewers, Viewers.   We can't seem to please you no matter what we do.  We hired a pretty, insipid young woman with SHINY hair because Ms. McCain ordered it.  Within a very short time, many of you complained (MANY!) that she was a fence-sitter, that she wasn't very smart, that she brought nothing but SHINY hair to the table.  We hired a coach.  Abigail began attended classes and there were favorable comments (mostly from our staff) that she seemed to be getting some gumption. 

The coach is very pleased with her progress...and now this.  NOW THIS!  Are you people never satisfied???

I died reading this.  Spot on and too funny.  SHINY!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Aziz Ansari? 🤷‍♀️

That’s who I thought too. But wouldn’t he be on the bill?  Unless he’s going low key right now. 

1.  I thought Ansari has been absolved/forgiven/etc. because the woman made several false charges/statements.

2.  Many successful/well known/top comedians (like Jay Leno/Jerry Seinfeld) show up to perform at small/popular clubs...not on the bill.  They like the atmosphere and like to work on their material.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said Ocum's Razor.  And used the word intuit.  She is trying really hard to be smart.

And Abby sounds like a Trump apologist.  He didn't run on a campaign to be like other Presidents she says.  No but once you have the job you better fucking act like a President.

There's no way in hell Meggie knows what "Ocum's Razor" means:

What is the meaning of Occam's razor?

Definition of Occam's razor. : a scientific and philosophical rule that entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily which is interpreted as requiring that the simplest of competing theories be preferred to the more complex or that explanations of unknown phenomena be sought first in terms of known quantities.

• Love 13
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

There's no way in hell Meggie knows what "Ocum's Razor" means:

What is the meaning of Occam's razor?

Definition of Occam's razor. : a scientific and philosophical rule that entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily which is interpreted as requiring that the simplest of competing theories be preferred to the more complex or that explanations of unknown phenomena be sought first in terms of known quantities.

This was on her blue cards a while back and she used it very frequently for a while. So much so, that my husband and I began to refer to our cat, Oscar, as Oscar's Razor-(if you think Oscar did it, he probably did).

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

According to his interview, Neeson said he went out looking for a black man. Not just anyone. 

He said he went looking in black neighborhoods with a kosh  in hand hoping someone would attack him first. He was looking to pick a fight. Then he could beat them up while justifying in his own mind (and only in his own mind) that they "deserved" it. I don't know if I can explain adequately how I see that as very different from going out to beat up a black person--any black person. It's a very subtle difference--still just as wrong and horrific--but that was how he was thinking. They did not cover all that he said in the GMA interview but I do think that interview is worth watching. I am not saying what he did was right and not horrible. What I am trying to say is that human beings often act horribly because of small twists of our internal thoughts, ideas and conversations we have within our own minds powered by emotions. Subtleties are very important and I think when talking about our differences we need to try to understand them. I feel that what Liam admitted to shines a light on some very subtle things about how we view others. Things all people, all nationalities, all colors need to talk about honestly--even if we have to admit some terrible things about ourselves.

Just as an afterthought---this happened in I believe in Belfast, Ireland 40 years ago during the time of the "religious" wars with bombings and violence everywhere on a daily basis. Again, not an excuse just something to try and put it in perspective of how a 20 something young man was reacting to a chaotic time filled with generalized anger and hatred.  Actually, it was probably not much different than a lot of the anger and frustration that is found in young black males in some of our city neighborhoods. We need to understand that anger and frustration. Anger and hate breed anger and hate. We need to change. We have a long uphill climb ahead of us unfortunately.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Last time I saw her on This Week, she kept looking at her phone. Think maybe she was being coached.

Hubbie didn't have time to write out blue card?  Or he didn't get the questions ahead of time.

I have seen her on those shows.  She gets to make one--usually--statement, and that's it.  THere's no way she could converse/exchange ideas with her pea brain. 

MM is a moron.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Really?!! I AM JOHN MCCAIN’S DAUGHTER diesn’t Like discussing her personal life? 🙄

Doesn’t!

🙄is right.

I think she's just boring as hell has no sense of humor and knows it. Unfortunately, for some reason she does think she is knowledgeable about politics so she can speak on that.

Both her and Whoopi pull the this conversation is beneath me. 

Do I care about the temp in their homes? No, but they are there to discuss whatever topic the producers want them to. Have fun with it or refuse to discuss it at all before the show starts. You both look like giant assholes who can't have an easy conversation.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 13

Whoopi also thinks Mel Gibson isn't racist because he never called her the n-word to her face. Any celebrity friend of hers is never racist, pervert, woman beater, etc. etc. 

Also, there is no statute of limitations on being racist. Who cares about someone being a "product of their time". What does that even mean. 

They keep refusing to talk about blackface news topics. I wonder why?

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 15