Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/4/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, February 4
Phoebe Robinson (“What Men Want;” “2 Dope Queens”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, February 5
Exclusive: Jacqueline L. Jackson & former United States Representative Jesse L. Jackson, Jr. (“Loving You, Thinking Of You, Don’t Forget To Pray: Letters To My Son In Prison”)

Wednesday, February 6
 Former Executive Editor of The New York Times Jill Abramson (“Merchants of Truth: Inside the News Revolution”)

Thursday, February 7
Day of Hot Topics

Friday, February 8
Oscar nominee Glenn Close (“The Wife”)

• Love 5

The other ladies at the table have already tried to explain to Meghan exactly why Kap kneels during the anthem. She has her mind made up so for her to suggest a panel to describe it further would be futile. 

2 minutes ago, longobongo said:

Sonny referred to Andre 2000 not being in the Super Bowl halftime show. Isn't his name Andre 3000? --the other half of Outkast-with Big Boi. Maybe they really do need those blue cards

Lol, yep. It's Andre 3000.

• Love 12

Phoebe Robinson is right about being judged differently depending on how the hair is styled. It's real. I would get different vibes from potential employers and people in general when I wore my hair straight vs. natural. 

And lucky her for having a BFF like Michelle Obama! 

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Chloe and Halle singing America the Beautiful were the highlight of the Super Bowl for me. Thanks to Whoopi for mentioning them and showing the clip.The game, halftime and commercials, not so much 

Yes!  They were amazing!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan cherry picks the parts of the Constitution she likes.  You know the Second Amendment.

And being pro-life. I understand that as humans, we are all seemingly predisposed to natural bias that allows us to rationalize the things we believe and hold our ground against the things we do not. What I don't appreciate or respect is when someone is not honest enough with themselves and others to admit that their opinions are based on their own personal leanings (whether that be due to religion, personal experiences, cultural upbringing) and not some opinion that was formed based purely on fact. Meghan praises herself for calling balls and strikes, implying that she is able to debate without political bias but what she really means is that she's able to call it as SHE sees it...even if she's the only one that sees it that way. That doesn't make it right...except in her own mind. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I understand that as humans, we are all seemingly predisposed to natural bias that allows us to rationalize the things we believe and hold our ground against the things we do not.

And sneak out and do the things we proclaim LOUDLY that we're against...if we find ourselves in sticky situations.  (If we have the money and clout.)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

They can call Sara's show whatever they want, it still sucks. 

And they can sit in whatever types of chairs they want and the show is still the same show.

"Strahan and Sara" definitely sounds like she is his assistant, second fiddle.

Bring back The Chew!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, rcc said:

How about Sara making an appearance while taking her old chair and plugging her show's new name Strahan and Sara. Joy says it should be Sara and Strahan. Lol

In line with her previous comment about the tradition of daughters being the property of their fathers,  I was hoping Joy would point out the trivialization of Sara by not using her last name (Haines & Strahan or Strahan & Haines), or both first names.

I also wish Joy had pointed out to Meh-gun (again) that Kaepernick was NOT protesting the flag.   MM probably keeps a flag on her wall so she never has to kneel.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19

I loved seeing Sara again. She was the better blonde on this show. TBH, I hope the Strahan show isn't doing well and they eventually bring her back to The View. Whoopi would choose Sara over Meghan any day, I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing Glenn Close this Friday. I wonder if Meh-gun will bitch about A Star Is Born supposedly being "robbed" in the interview. She is that classless. I love Lady Gaga, but she ain't and will never be on Glenn Close's level.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (and maybe it was just everyone's speculation here), but didn't Sara leave because of the TWAT? Why would she want to come back, if that arrogant imbecile is still on the show?

I think that was just speculation. There could be a number of reasons why she left or a combination of many. Maybe she felt she had done all she could at the show and was ready to move on with the right opportunity. Maybe she thought hosting with just one person instead of 5 was a step in the right direction for her. Or maybe there's a part of her was ready to say goodbye after seeing how the work environment changed. Sara is so bubbly and I personally felt like she didn't like the tension that would build at the table. I don't think anyone used that bell more than she did and while she could enjoy each person on an individual level, it's entirely possible that the actual 'work' was no longer fulfilling to her because it was no longer fun. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Indeed she does:

image.jpeg

While the style bar has been set pretty low by that garish console table, the handbag display takes it to next-level trashy.

3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Taking a knee calls out America's failure to protect the rights of ALL of its people and to be treated with respect, dignity, and equality. Disagreeing with how Kap has chosen to protest does not give anyone the right to misrepresent what he is protesting nor should anyone allow others to unfairly misdirect the conversation of the protest to be about how he is protesting rather than what he is protesting about. Meghan talks about being a Constitutionalist but every time the subject comes up, from what I can recall, she seems to give all of her energy to complain about his choice of protest and has advocated little support for what he is protesting. Given that he's protesting against people's constitutional rights being infringed upon, you would think that someone who loves the constitution so much would do more to speak out against the issue. 

Yes! 👏 The hypocrisy of adoring the Constitution yet being unwilling to consider the free speech and reasons behind kneeling is stupefying.

Also, Meghan couldn’t spit it out any quicker that she disagrees with anyone when they stand with Kaepernick, and has so far been unwilling to have a thoughtful conversation about it. Calling it a “divisive issue” and drawing a line in the stand about your point of view isn’t furthering the conversation. There’s no listening, no acknowledgement of nuance/ complexity, no willingness to compromise. It’s so frustrating to watch and listen to.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

How about a conversation about injustices people of color face ever day. Just last week Meghan was all ashamed of herself for calling out that smug little twerp from that school in Kentucky. 

"[SHE] is John McCain's DAUGHTER, DAMMIT! [SHE] is NOT Racist!" (emphasis added)* Is enough of a conversation from her side as far as she's concerned.

*Putting my cite-checking skillz to use.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

"[SHE] is John McCain's DAUGHTER, DAMMIT! [SHE] is NOT Racist!" (emphasis added)* Is enough of a conversation from her side as far as she's concerned.

*Putting my cite-checking skillz to use.

😀 I still cant believe an adult actually did that live TV slamming the table and all lol. 

I'm John McCain's daughter,  I can't be a racist. 

How embarrassing lol.

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan says that football is "an innately political game."    I would like her to explain that.  different teams, representing different cities, play a sport against each other.   that is the case in football, baseball, hockey, basketball, etc.    what is it about FOOTBALL that is INNATELY political?   I  don't see it.  I think certain people have MADE it political, but there's nothing innate about football that it has to be that way.  

If I can navigate Meghan's polluted, dim mind for a moment, I think what she means (if she means anything at all because she's just saying words her husband wrote down for her) by the "innately political game" it's a reference to what goes on on the field and not outside political circumstances. But, to your point, yes...any sport could be considered "innately political" by that standard.

In other words, she's a moron who has to throw in the word "politics" everywhere because she's been "in it" "all of her life." 

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Also - she wants a "panel discussion"  about Kaepernick.

Maybe it should happen.  Joy can be traveling.  Abby can be on maternity leave and in their place for that "panel discussion" with Colin K. are Rev. Al Sharpton and Ana Navarro.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

The other ladies at the table have already tried to explain to Meghan exactly why Kap kneels during the anthem. She has her mind made up so for her to suggest a panel to describe it further would be futile. 

Even if he explains it to her while we're all watching the show....   Even if he puts it in writing....    She will CONTINUE to tell him, us, and everyone those are NOT his reasons because she knows better.

To quote BlondieC0322....

6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

In other words Meghan STFU.

• Love 12

The beauty of this show is the opportunity to debate Fox/RWPundits when they're not in faux friendly territory. The hypocrisy is exposed. Meghan gets dumped on when she cannot defend her positions without resorting to "my father was a hero." 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

How about those that stay seated, like me?  My grandfather and uncles fought so that I may stay seated.  In my opinion requiring people to stand is akin to the nazi salute.

25 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe it should happen.  Joy can be traveling.  Abby can be on maternity leave and in their place for that "panel discussion" with Colin K. are Rev. Al Sharpton and Ana Navarro.

Let's make this happen!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan says that football is "an innately political game."    I would like her to explain that.  different teams, representing different cities, play a sport against each other.   that is the case in football, baseball, hockey, basketball, etc.    what is it about FOOTBALL that is INNATELY political?   I  don't see it.  I think certain people have MADE it political, but there's nothing innate about football that it has to be that way.  

I don't think she knows what the word innately means

Edited by longobongo
Spelling is not my strong suit
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, longobongo said:

I don't think she knows what the word inately means

Indeed.  If football were innately political, why do politicians commonly use sports metaphors?   It is more likely that politics is innately a sport.  And self-proclaimed political pundints (sic) are idiots.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Indeed.  If football were innately political, why do politicians commonly use sports metaphors?   It is more likely that politics is innately a sport.  And self-proclaimed political pundints (sic) are idiots.

Meghan does think politics is a sport.   She says she likes that there are winners and losers.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Also - she wants a "panel discussion"  about Kaepernick.   OK - does she think that Kaepernick has the power to make that happen?  he has spoken, other people have repeated his message, it's out there and it's easy to understand.    she wants him to have a discussion, to explain himself in front of a panel of powerful people.  Yeah, sure - she wants to BE on the panel (she did refer to it as "my side"  and "the other side")  she thinks she can have a GOTCHA moment by challenging Kaepernick, to humiliate him - or as she would put it, "filet" him.  she wants to be seen as a hero to the conservatives.  If she cant see something as simple as racial injustice, and kneeling as a powerful, silent protest, then she is too stupid to  be taking up space on the planet. 

Oh my goodness!!  So much this (bold is mine).   I couldn't believe when she suggested a panel of three people on "my side" and three people on the "other side".  What is there to discuss?  The whole reason for Kapernick taking a knee was to bring attention to the inequities that occur in minority neighborhoods and when minorities are "outside" of where they are "normally" associated with.  This all got blown out of proportion when the orange guy wrongly accused the players of kneeling against servicemen and the flag.  In my opinion MM took this as the reason and nothing anyone (not even Kapernick) says can or will be able to convince her otherwise. To quote:

4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

In other words Meghan STFU.

Also something I noticed - During the discussion about asking a parent's permission for marrying the daughter, Sunny seemed to try to include MM in discussion.  MM looked pissed off by Sunny asking her about how/what her father did/said.  MM seemed so angry about it.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan does think politics is a sport.   She says she likes that there are winners and losers.

Maybe that's why I have been feeling like I'm on the losing team lately.

9 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Oh my goodness!!  So much this (bold is mine).   I couldn't believe when she suggested a panel of three people on "my side" and three people on the "other side".  What is there to discuss?  The whole reason for Kapernick taking a knee was to bring attention to the inequities that occur in minority neighborhoods and when minorities are "outside" of where they are "normally" associated with.  This all got blown out of proportion when the orange guy wrongly accused the players of kneeling against servicemen and the flag.  In my opinion MM took this as the reason and nothing anyone (not even Kapernick) says can or will be able to convince her otherwise.

And also within the neighborhoods they are "normally" associated with.

• Love 12